Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This Kicker ZX1000.1 mono subwoofer amplifier will power your bass with up to 1000 watts RMS. This reliable amp remains cool even when pushed hard, thanks to its heavy-duty internal components and the efficient Class-D amplifier technology it uses to boost your bass.
Works with almost any stereo
Kicker employs their Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) to reject noise and stop any interference generated by your car's electronics, so you'll enjoy your music clean and pure. Speaker-level inputs make it simpler to hook this amp up to a factory radio.
You can tune for almost any enclosure and bass driver with the steeply-sloped subsonic and low-pass filters. A bass boost gives you even more kick when you're in the mood. A wired remote level controller is included so you can crank up the fun from the front seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- Class D amp technology
- Fail-Safe Integration Technology eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- preamp outputs
- wired remote sub level control included
- 1/0-gauge power and ground leads and a 100-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 100-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 16-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Kicker 11ZX1000.1 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- ZXRC Wired remote control
- ZXRC cable with RJ-14 plugs on both ends
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
500 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||62 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Gain: The rotary gain control is continuously variable from 125 mV to 5 V when the Input Sensitivity switch is set to Low and 250 mV to 10 V when the Input Sensitivity switch is set to High.
Crossovers: The crossover is always engaged (cannot be bypassed). The crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz and the slope is 24dB per octave.
Auto Turn-on Switch: The amp offers three automatic turn-on modes; select from:
- +12V: connect a wire from the remote turn-on lead from your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier; this is the preferred turn-on method
- DC Offset: turns the amp on when a 6-volt DC offset is detected at the high-level speaker inputs when the source unit is turned on
- Audio: detects the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically turns the amp on; will not work if the input gain control is not set properly
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit provides up to 18dB boost at 40Hz.
ZXRC Remote Bass Control: The bass output level can be controlled remotely using the included wired remote bass control.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): set screw terminal
- REM (remote turn-on): set screw terminal
- GND (ground): set screw terminal
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with an internal fuse. An external 100-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If the system has only this amp and a wiring kit is used that includes a fuse with a value other than 100-amps, the original should be replaced with a 100-amp fuse.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Speaker Outputs: one pair of set screw terminals
- RCA Input: one pair of stereo RCA input jacks; also used for speaker level input (item number 20609ZiSL needed, sold separately)
- RCA Output: one pair of stereo RCA output jacks
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using a 1/0-gauge wiring kit with this amplifier.