Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bone-crushing bass. Precision engineering. And the flexibility to create the system you want. You'll find them all in the highly-efficient DX700, a roarin' Class D mono subwoofer amplifier from Kicker.
This amp, rated at an incredible 700 watts x 1 (at 2 ohms), helps you generate powerful, clear sound, thanks to the Class D power supply. Features like a Pulse Width Modulated power supply controller ensure you get full power even when your electrical system approaches peak use or low voltage. A temperature sensor monitors the amp so that it doesn't "run hot" and distort your music.
The remote gain controller lets you set the amp's gain from your dash so you can get ideal bass response without a lot of fuss. A crossover comes included with the module docking port, and you can add other options, like a parametric bass module or active center channel/rear fill module, to accommodate just about any kind of system design.Details:
- frequency response 10-200 Hz
- 350 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
- 700 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- MOSFET power supply
- module docking port with two-way active crossover (switchable at 60, 80, or 100 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- switchable subsonic filter 25 Hz, 24 dB/octave
- oversized power connectors
- remote gain controller
- dimensions: 15-9/16"W x 3"H x 10-1/16"D
- 1-year warranty
Kicker DX700 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great amp this thing is good for about 1300. Rms at 2 ohms It's pounding 2 digital design 12's. And it never gets hott!!!!.
What's in the box?
- Black Kicker DX700 amplifier
- 2 End caps
- SWX crossover module (with 80 Hz chips installed)
- Three 30-amp blade fuses (installed)
- 100Hz and 60Hz crossover chips
- Remote gain control with mounting screws
- 24.5' Remote gain control cable
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber isolation feet
- 2 Allen wrenches
- 2 Self-tapping screws
- Total Quality Management Certification
- Warranty Registration card
Line Output: The gold-plated RCA outputs on this amplifier are able to send a signal to a second amplifier. They can send a low-pass, high-pass, or full-range signal using the included crossover.
Speaker Output: There are two +/- pair of terminals, but they are connected together internally and they provide mono output. If two 4-ohm speakers are connected, one to each set of terminals, the amplifier will see a 2-ohm load, because the terminals are internally wired in parallel.
Protection Circuitry: Reverse polarity, Thermal, short circuit, and over voltage circuits are used to help protect the amplifier from damage and ensure reliable operation.
Free Kicker Decal: If the warranty registration card is returned, Kicker will send you a Kicker decal at no charge.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Input Gain Control: the gain control is variable from 150mV to 3V
- SWX Crossover: this removable module plugs into the docking port on the amplifier. The amp comes with the 80Hz chips installed. One chip controls the crossover for this amplifier and it can be set to high-pass or low-pass. The other chip provides the crossover for the line outputs on this amplifier and it can be set to high-pass, low-pass, or full-range. Also included are two 60Hz and two 100Hz chips.
- Subsonic Filter Switch: the subsonic filter engages at 25Hz and has a slope of 24 dB/octave. It can be turned on or off.
- Remote Gain Control: the remote gain control knob can be mounted in the front of the vehicle and is wired to the amp via the included cable (with phone-type jacks at both ends). The remote control is 1.275" tall, 2.158" wide, and 2.621" deep.
Right Side of Amplifier:
Line In Connections: two gold-plated RCA jacks
Line Out Connections: two gold-plated RCA jacks
Remote Gain Control Jack: phone-type jack
Docking Port: for crossover module
Speakers Outputs: two pair of gold-plated set screw terminals; direct input up to 8-gauge wire. These two sets of terminals are internally wired in parallel.
Left Side of Amplifier:
+12V: gold-plated set screw terminals; direct input up to 2-gauge wire
- Ground: gold-plated set screw terminals; direct input up to 2-gauge wire
- Remote Turn-On Lead: gold-plated set screw terminals; direct input up to 8-gauge wire
Power Output (at 14.4 volts):
350 watts at 4 ohms
700 watts at 2 ohms
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (S/N): 100dB
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD):
less than 0.3% at 4 ohms
less than 0.6% at 2 ohms
Best Frequency Response: 10Hz to 200Hz (+/-2dB)
Input Sensitivity: 150mV-3V
Input Impedance: 22 kOhms
Fuse Rating and Type: three 30-amp blade fuses
For Wiring Runs of 10 Feet or Less: For wiring runs of 10 feet or less, Kicker recommends using 4-gauge power wire. This amplifier uses three 30-amp fuses, so its fuse rating (90-amps total) exceeds that of typical 4-gauge wiring kits, which tend to include a 60-amp fuse. For 90-amp fuse protection, an ANL wafer style fuse is required, but none of the 4-gauge wiring kits include an ANL-style fuse holder. Since pre-packaged amplifier wiring kits cannot be used alone, you will need to purchase an ANL-style fuse holder and a 90-amp ANL wafer fuse along with the kit
For Wiring Runs of 10 Feet or More: For wiring runs of 10 feet or more, Kicker recommends using 2-gauge power wire. The separate parts and wiring needed to install this amplifier are as follows:
- 1 ANL wafer-style fuse holder capable of accepting 2-gauge wire
- One 90-amp ANL wafer fuse
- 2 power rings for 2-gauge cable
- 2-gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to the amplifier)
- 2-gauge ground cable
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- 1 stereo RCA patch cables
- Speaker wire