KS Series 6-3/4" component speaker system
Item #: 206KS652
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $229.99
You put some good bass in your car, but now your speakers just aren't hanging with your subs. Kicker designed their KS Series component speaker systems to deliver the performance you need to bring that "live music" experience to your ride.
The KS65.2 component system features heavy-duty 6-3/4" polypropylene woofers supported by Santoprene rubber surrounds. These speakers can handle high-level playback without straining, especially when they're powered by an outboard amplifier.
Titanium 1" dome tweeters broadcast plenty of high-frequency sparkle, so you'll hear all the sonic details that make your tunes exciting. External crossovers direct the right frequencies to the tweeters and woofers for optimized performance, so you'll hear detailed, natural sound. Power these components with a nice amp, and you'll hear how these quality component speakers make your music more immediate and real.
- component speaker system includes two 6-3/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- polypropylene woofers with Santoprene™ surrounds
- 1" titanium dome tweeters
- flush-, angled- and surface-mount cups
- 2-way external crossover network (12 dB/octave, 4,000 Hz high- and low-pass)
- power range: 6-75 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 35-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-1/8"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why install component speakers?
A component speaker system gives you the best possible performance from your car audio system. A system consists of separate woofers, tweeters, and crossovers, each designed to cover one specific range of frequencies. As separate components, the woofer can move freely to deliver more powerful performance, while the tweeter can be custom-mounted in a better spot up closer to your ears, revealing a whole new world of detail. Separate crossovers are far superior to the simple filters wired into full-range speakers, so the components work together for smoother, more focused sound.
Kicker KS65.2 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Two 6-3/4" Woofers
- 2 Phase plugs (installed)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Grille mounting rings
- Two 1" Tweeters (each with 10" Wire attached)
- 2 Tweeter mounting posts
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flush mount rings (tweeter)
- 2 Front angle rings (tweeter)
- 2 Back angle rings (tweeter)
- 2 Short mounting nuts (tweeter)
- 2 Long mounting nuts (tweeter)
- Two 10' Lengths of speaker wire (tinned wire on one end and 0.187" + 0.110" female quick slides on the other)
- Two 10' Lengths of speaker wire (tinned wire on both ends)
- Two 68" Lengths of speaker wire (tinned wire on both ends)
- Twelve 1" Self-tapping screws
- Four 1-3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- 16 Speed clips
- 4 Butt connectors
- Two 3-1/2" Zip ties
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||6 3/4|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Surround||Santoprene Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Frequency Response||35 - 2.1k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||6-75|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||150|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/4|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 5/8|
Woofer Cones: The Kicker KS-series speakers feature durable Polypropylene woofer cones, resistant to the moisture and temperature extremes found in automotive applications.
Santoprene Surrounds: The woofer surrounds are made of Santoprene rubber to allow extended cone excursion for additional bass output and higher SPL. Santoprene is durable and resists moisture for a long life.
Grilles: The KS65.2s come with graphite-colored, plastic, spoke-style speaker grilles.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters come with brackets to allow multiple mounting configurations; flush-mounted, angle-mounted, and surface-mounted:
|Mounting Depth||0.775"||0.631"||screw depth|
Coaxial Tweeter Mount: In addition to standard tweeter mounting options, an innovative tweeter mounting post lets you mount the tweeter directly to the center of the woofer, giving you a standard coaxial speaker. When the tweeter is attached to the woofer the mounting height increases to 0.90" (top mount) and the tweeter protrusion increases to 0.749" (bottom mount).
Crossovers: The component system includes passive 2-way crossover networks for a seamless transition between the woofers and tweeters. The slope is 12dB per octave (both high pass and low pass) and the crossover point is 4000 Hz. A switch on each crossover allows you to attenuate the tweeter output; 0 dB, -4.5 dB, or -9 dB. The crossovers' dimensions are:
- Length: 5.718"
- Width: 3.012"
- Height: 1.487"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.