Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Want to kick your system's performance up a notch? Kicker's KX500.2 amplifier cranks out ultra-clean power and boasts a long list of cool features. The built-in variable crossover adjusts the frequency output of the amplifier for different applications. Looking for some low-end slam? Bump up the lows with up to 18 dB of bass boost at 40 Hz.
If you're building a multi-amp system, preamp outputs pass a full-range signal to a second amplifier. Speaker- and preamp-level inputs hook you into any system, even a factory radio. A protection circuit guards the amp against voltage problems or overheating. Set your amplifier's volume from your front seat with the remote gain controller.Details:
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- 125 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 250 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 500 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- preamp outputs (pass full-range signal to another amp)
- high-pass/low-pass crossover (variable 50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- remote gain controller with 20-foot cable
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- unregulated Class A/B power supply offers a significant increase in power at 2 ohms
- 12-1/2"W x 2-5/8"H x 10-1/4"D
- 1-year warranty
Kicker KX500.2 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
I hv this amp wired @ 1.5 ohms mono to a JL 12w6. Not in spec I know but seems to be stable and super strong, it pushes my sub to the max. My gain is set @ 1:oo and I may hv2 back it down a bit. The bass is really clean and the double beats are clear and strong. Compared to my RF 200ix, this amp is way more powerful. I hv to gv the overall sound quality to the punch amp. The kicker seems to be very efficient as it does not drain my 130a alternator. It's currently wired with an 8g power & ground kit, which I will upgrade to 4g asap.
Pros: Powerful, fan cooled, Class A/B topology, quality connectors, RCA pass thru output jacks, 18 db bass boost @ 40 Hz. Seems to be 2 OHM stable in mono configuration.
Cons: It's huge... 17-5/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 10-1/4"D. Remember this is not a Class D amp!
What's in the box?
- One 2-channel amplifier with two 35-amp fuses in chassis
- 4 Yellow crimp-on spade terminals
- 2 Red crimp-on terminals
- 1 Blue crimp-on spade terminal
- 2 Spare 35-amp fuse
- Molex harness for speaker-level connection
- Dash mounted remote bass control with mounting bracket and 2 self-taping mounting screws
- 20' Remote bass control cable
- Four 1/2" rubber washers
- 4 Butt connectors
- Four 7/8" mounting screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Warranty Registration Card (return for free Kicker decal and wearables catalog)
- Certified Power certificate
Cosmetics: The amplifier is black and it has a dark gray, removable metal shroud.
Amplifier Shroud: The amplifier has a metal shroud that must be removed before installation, allowing access to the amplifier's inputs and outputs. Once the amplifier is installed and all the connections are made, you can re-install the shroud to hide the connections on the amplifier, or leave the shroud off to save space. With the shroud removed, the amp has the following dimensions: 18.8750"W (19.8750" with RCAs) x 9.508"D x 2.304"H.
Kicker "Living Loud" Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that informs you of the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Speaker-level Inputs: High-level input connections are included to allow use with sources that do not have RCA preamp level outputs.
PAST RCA Line Outputs: PAST stands for Pre Amp Signal Transfer, which means that this amplifier has a set of full-range line outputs. The line outputs allow you to pass a preamp-level signal from this amplifier to another amplifier. This eliminates the need to use RCA splitter cords to distribute signals to two amplifiers. Note: Regardless of whether you use the RCA inputs or the speaker-level inputs on this amplifier, you will still be able to use the RCA outputs.
Built-in Variable Electronic Crossover: The built-in crossover allows you to select high-pass for satellite speakers, low-pass for subwoofers, or bypass for full-range operation. The crossover frequency is variable from 50 to 200Hz.
SORT (Short circuit, Over-voltage, Reverse polarity, Thermal) Protection Circuitry: The SORT protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The Power LED on the left side of the amp glows green and the power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is hooked up correctly and SORT has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, SORT has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
KickBass Bass Boost: The KickBass bass boost circuit provides up to 18dB signal boost at 40Hz.
SAMS (Stereo And Mono Simultaneously): With a Tri-mode adapter (item # 127TM100), this amplifier can run satellite speakers and a sub at the same time.
Remote Bass Level Control: This dash-mounted remote unit allows you to adjust the output level of the amplifier. This can only be used when the amplifier's crossover switch is set to Lo-Pass. The control has the following dimensions: 2.199" W x 1.715" D (2.196" including the knob) x 1.186" H.
Top of Amplifier:
- KickBass Bass Boost Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the bass boost, centered at 40Hz, from 0 to +18dB
- Gain: rotary gain control that allows you to adjust the output level
- Variable Crossover Frequency Control: allows you to adjust the crossover frequency from 50-200Hz
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Crossover Mode Switch: allows you to select "Hi Pass", "Lo Pass", or Off.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- 12+ (power): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.554" wide)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.350" wide)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.554" wide)
- Fuse: two 35-amp fuse
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Left Speaker Output: gold-plated screw terminal (each terminal is 0.350" wide)
- High Level Input: Molex plug input for included harness
- RCA Input: gold-plated RCA line input jacks
- RCA Output: gold-plated RCA line output jacks
- Right Speaker Output: gold-plated screw terminal (each terminal is 0.350" wide)
- Remote Bass Level Input
Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 570 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 285 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 205 watts x 2
Continuous Power Rating (measured at 13.8V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 500 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 250 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 125 watts x 2
Warranty Note: The warranty on this amplifier is 1 year parts and labor. If installed by an authorized dealer, the warranty is extended to 3 years parts and labor.
Wiring Recommendation: This amplifier uses two 35-amp fuses, so its fuse rating (70-amps total) exceeds that of typical 4 gauge wiring kits, which tend to include a 60-amp fuse. For 70-amp fuse protection, the fuse included with a pre-packaged wiring kit should be replaced with an 70-amp AGU fuse (sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.