Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
If you've been looking for the ideal 4-channel amp to drive your high-powered system, your search is over. Meet Kicker's dynamic performer, the KX800.4! Whether you're after a steady stream of awesome power or multiple sound-control options, this amp's got you covered.
A clean, pure 100 watts per channel of Kicker power will launch your tunes into the stratosphere. Built-in high- and low-pass crossovers keep you in control of the frequencies going to your speakers, ensuring speaker efficiency and crisp performance. When your jones for bass becomes too much, feed it with up to 18 dB of pounding KickBass at 40 Hz. You'll even get a dash-mountable remote bass level control for those quick adjustments you'll want to make.
Speaker-level inputs make it possible to hook the KX800.4 up to any system, including your factory stereo. And to make sure the amp will give you years of reliable service, Kicker makes sure it's equipped with 4-way protection circuits and a cooling fan.
- 2-, 3-, 4-channel output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 400 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- selectable front and rear variable 50-200 Hz high/low-pass crossovers, 12 dB per octave
- 0-18 dB KickBass bass boost at 40 Hz
- dash-mountable remote bass level control (for rear channels only)
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- cooling fan
- 4-way protection circuits
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 25-3/4"W x 2-5/8"H x 10-1/4"D (including removable shroud); 23-15/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-9/16"D (without shroud)
- 1-year warranty
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Kicker KX800.4 Reviews
What's in the box?
- One 4-channel amplifier with three 40-amp fuses in chassis
- 8 Yellow crimp-on spade terminals (10-12 gauge)
- 2 Red crimp-on spade terminals (6-8 gauge)
- 1 Blue crimp-on spade terminal (14-16 gauge)
- 3 Spare 40-amp blade-type fuses
- 2 Molex harnesses for speaker-level inputs
- Dash mounted remote bass control
- Mounting bracket for remote bass control
- 2 Self-tapping mounting screws for remote bass control
- 20' Remote bass control cable
- 4 Butt connectors
- Four 7/8" mounting screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Product Registration Card
- Certified Power certificate
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||200 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||400 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.085%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40Hz|
|Fuse Rating||40 x 3|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Molex plugs|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Cosmetics: The amplifier is black and it has a dark gray, removable metal shroud. Though this is one 4-channel amplifier, Kicker uses the terminology of "Amp 1" and "Amp 2" to indicate the channels.
Amplifier Shroud: The amplifier has a metal shroud that must be removed before installation, allowing access to the amplifier's inputs and outputs. Once the amplifier is installed and all the connections are made, you can re-install the shroud to hide the connections on the amplifier, or leave the shroud off to save space. With the shroud removed, the amp has the following dimensions: W=20.875" (23.890" with wires) x H=2.344' x D=9.513".
Kicker "Living Loud" Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that informs you of the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests (if it shipped, you can count on it passing these tests).
Speaker-level Inputs: Two high-level input connections are included to allow use with sources that do not have RCA preamp level outputs.
Built-in Variable Electronic Crossovers: There are two built-in crossovers that allow you to select high-pass for satellite speakers, low-pass for subwoofers, or off for full-range operation. The crossover frequency is variable from 50 to 200Hz.
SORT (Short circuit, Over-voltage, Reverse polarity, Thermal) Protection Circuitry: The SORT protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The Power LED on the left side of the amp glows green and the power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is connected correctly and SORT has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, SORT has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Fan: There is a cooling fan on the top of the amp that engages when the temperature in the amp reaches a certain level.
KickBass Bass Boost: The two KickBass bass boost circuits provide from 0 to 18dB signal boost at 40Hz.
SAMS (Stereo And Mono Simultaneously): With a Tri-mode adapter (item # 127TM100), this amplifier can run four satellite speakers and two subs at the same time.
Remote Bass Level Control: A remote (wired) gain control is included. This controls the "Amp 2" section of the amp and is typically used to adjust the volume of subwoofers. The connecting cable is also included with the amp. Dimensions on the control are: W=2.208", H=1.178", D=2.424".
Top of Amplifier:
- KickBass Bass Boost Control for Amp 2: rotary control, boost the bass at 40Hz from 0 to +18dB
- Gain Control for Amp 2: rotary input gain control, 170mV-5V line level, 340mV-10V speaker level
- Variable Crossover Frequency Control for Amp 2: adjustable from 50-200Hz
- KickBass Bass Boost Control for Amp 1: rotary control, boost the bass at 40Hz from 0 to +18dB
- Gain Control for Amp 1: rotary input gain control, 170mV-5V line level, 340mV-10V speaker level
- Variable Crossover Frequency Control for Amp 1: adjustable from 50-200Hz
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Amp 1 Crossover Mode Switch: Hi Pass, Lo Pass, or Off
- Amp 2 Crossover Mode Switch: Hi Pass, Lo Pass, or Off
Left Side of Amplifier:
- 12+ (power): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.485" wide)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.346" wide)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.485" wide)
- Fuse: three 40-amp fuses
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Amp 1 Speaker Output: gold-plated screw terminals (each terminal is 0.350" wide)
- Amp 1 High Level Input: Molex plug input for included harness
- Amp 2 High Level Input: Molex plug input for included harness
- Amp 1 RCA Input: gold-plated RCA line input jacks
- Amp 2 RCA Input: gold-plated RCA line input jacks
- Amp 2 Speaker Output: gold-plated screw terminal (each terminal is 0.350" wide)
- Remote Bass Level Control: phone-type jack, cable included
Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Bridged Into 4-Ohms: 430 watts x 2
- Stereo Into 2-Ohms: 215 watts x 4
- Stereo Into 4-Ohm Load: 175 watts x 4
Continuous Power Rating (measured at 13.8V):
- Bridged Into 4-Ohms: 400 watts x 2 (0.4% THD)
- Stereo Into 2-Ohms: 200 watts x 4 (0.2% THD)
- Stereo Into 4-Ohms: 100 watts x 4 (0.085% THD)
Wiring Recommendations: This amplifier uses three 40-amp fuses, so its fuse rating (120-amps total) exceeds that of typical 4 gauge wiring kits, which tend to include a 60-amp fuse. For fuse protection, an ANL wafer style fuse is required, but none of the 4-gauge wiring kits include a ANL-style fuse holder. Since pre-packaged amplifier wiring kits cannot be used alone, you may purchase all the necessary items separately, or you may use a pre-packaged 4 gauge wiring kit along with a ANL-style fuse holder and a 150-amp ANL wafer fuse (a 120-amp fuse is not available). If you do not use a wiring kit with the necessary additional items, the separate parts and wiring needed to install this amplifier are as follows:
- 1 ANL wafer-style fuse holder capable of accepting 4 gauge wire
- One 150-amp ANL wafer fuse
- 2 power rings for 4 gauge cable
- 4 gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to the amplifier)
- 4 gauge ground cable
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- 1 stereo RCA patch cable
- Speaker wire
Warranty Note: The warranty on this amplifier is 1 year parts and labor. If installed by an authorized dealer, the warranty is extended to 3 years parts and labor.