Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Shades of yesteryear! Kicker's XS50 competition amplifier brings back the glory days when the original Kicker "cheater" amps surreptitiously ruled SPL contests. Rated at first glance at a mere 25 watts x 2 at 4 ohms, this monster's massive power supply will churn out up to 300 watts RMS per channel at lower impedances! Can you say "boo-ya?"
The XS50 is stable down to 1/2-ohm stereo or 1-ohm mono, so you can design your multi-speaker system to play at extreme levels without fear of distortion or overheating. But even if you're not a competitor, this amp's pure versatility makes it a superb investment, especially at this special purchase price! Whatever the task amplifying tweeters, speakers, or subs you can count on the invincible XS50 to pump out ultra-clean power.
The amplifier is equipped with the ZRX active crossover module (80 Hz low-pass, 100 Hz high-pass, 12 dB/octave) so you can adjust frequency output for specific applications. Dark gray removable endcaps hide all speaker and power connections for a clean-looking installation. And rest assured that this amp was individually tested, not sampled from a larger batch of its brethren its unique quality assurance certificate is proof that it lives up to Kicker's tough standards.
Note: This amp uses three 30-amp fuses. If you use a standard 4-gauge wiring kit, you'll also have to purchase a 90-amp fuse and fuse holder. (See "Wiring Recommendations" under the Detailed Info tab.)Details:
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- frequency response 10-28,000 Hz
- 25 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 1 ohm
- 300 watts RMS x 2 at 1/2 ohm
- 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms in bridged mode
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- MOSFET power supply
- module docking port with 2-way active crossover (80 Hz low-pass, 100 Hz high-pass, 12 dB/octave)
- removable dark gray endcaps
- discrete output transistors
- gold-plated, custom-tooled speaker and power connectors
- speaker connectors accept up to 8-gauge wire
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- silent turn-on/off circuitry
- RCA outputs send full-range signal to another amp
- 21"W x 3-1/16"H x 10"D
- 1-year warranty
Kicker XS50 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
I still got one of this amps from the 90's and its still amazing to bad you guys
at crutchfield can sell me one or maybe a xs100
What's in the box?
- Black two-channel amplifier with three 30A blade fuses installed in chassis
- 2 End caps
- ZRX Subwoofer crossover module (inserted in amplifier)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Two 3mm set screws (installed)
- Five 2.5mm set screws (installed)
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Warranty Registration card
- Certified Power certificate
- ZRX Module information sheet
XS-Series Amplifier: The XS-50 amplifier is a competition-grade amplifier, capable of handling extremely low impedances. Its high current design enables the amplifier to provide enormous amounts of power for large, multiple-speaker systems. The amp is stable down to 1/2-ohm in stereo or 1-ohm in bridged mono. This allows you to safely connect two 2-ohm subwoofers, four 4-ohm subs, or eight 8-ohm subs in parallel to this amplifier in bridged mode.
Regulated Power Supply: This amplifier will perform at rated power with an input voltage of 12.5 to 16 Volts. There is no loss of power due to voltage fluctuations. Note: Because of the regulated power supply, the amp gain control does not give the amp more power when you turn it up. It should be used to match the output level of the source unit.
High Input Impedance: This amp has an RCA input impedance rating of 22,000 ohms. This high input impedance allows you to "daisy-chain" up to ten amplifiers without signal degradation commonly caused by splitters.
RCA Outputs: A set of gold-plated stereo RCA outputs can be used to pass full-range signals from this amplifier to another amplifier. The RCA output signal is not affected by the setting of the Kicker Active Signal Processing Module being used with the amplifier.
Module Docking Port: This amplifier has a Module Docking Port, an easy-to-use slot allows the use of a variety of Kicker Active Signal Processing Modules. The modules greatly increase the amplifier's versatility, and eliminate the need for external signal processors. A ZRX Subwoofer Crossover Module comes installed in the amp.
ZRX Subwoofer Crossover Module: The installed ZRX Subwoofer Crossover Module allows you to configure the amplifier in a variety of ways. By setting the module switch, the amplifier can be set for low-pass (producing frequencies 80Hz and lower), high-pass (producing frequencies 100Hz and higher), or by-pass (producing a full range of frequencies). The crossover slope is 12dB/octave.
Removable Logo Plate: The included Kicker logo plate is removable, and it can be placed where desired on the amplifier.
Removable End Caps: There is a silver and black end cap on each end of the amplifier. The end caps cover the controls and connections for a cleaner, more attractive appearance in your vehicle.
Protection Types: The amplifier will shut itself off when detecting one of the following conditions:
- Thermal Overload
- Over- or under-voltage
- Reversed battery polarity
- Speaker short circuit
Silent Turn On/Off: A built-in timer logic circuit delays the audio signals two seconds after turn-on, and immediately mutes the signal at turn-off, avoiding potentially damaging thumps or pops.
Power Specifications (12.5-16 Volts input):
- Rated power 4-ohm stereo: 25 watts x 2
- Rated power 2-ohm stereo: 75 watts x 2
- Rated power 1-ohm stereo: 150 watts x 2
- Rated power 1/2-ohm stereo: 300 watts x 2
- Rated Power 4-ohm bridged: 150 watts x 1
- Rated power 2-ohm bridged: 300 watts x 1
- Rated power 1-ohm bridged: 600 watts x 1
Right Side of Amp:
- Speaker Outputs: Two pairs of gold-plated set screw terminals that accepts up to 8 gauge wire (2.5mm Allen wrench supplied)
- Module Docking Port: Port for supplied ZRX (or optional) Kicker Active Signal Processing modules
- Amp Gain: Variable gain control for matching output level of source
- RCA Input: Gold-plated RCA line input jacks
- RCA Output: Gold-plated RCA line output jacks
Left Side of Amp:
- Remote (Turn-on): Gold-plated set screw terminal that accepts up to 8 gauge wire (2.5mm Allen wrench supplied)
- Ground: Gold-plated set screw terminal that accepts up to 4 gauge wire (3mm Allen wrench supplied)
- +12V (Power): Gold-plated set screw terminal that accepts up to 4 gauge wire (3mm Allen wrench supplied)
- Fuses: Three 30-amp ATC (blade-type) fuses
- Power and Protection Indicators: Red and Yellow LEDs respectively
Wiring Recommendations: This amplifier uses three 30-amp fuses, so its fuse rating (90-amps total) exceeds that of typical 4 gauge wiring kits, which tend to include a 60-amp fuse. For 90-amp fuse protection, an ANL wafer style fuse is required, but none of the 4-gauge wiring kits include a ANL-style fuse holder. Since pre-packaged amplifier wiring kits cannot be used alone, you may purchase all the necessary items separately, or you may use a pre-packaged 4 gauge wiring kit along with a ANL-style fuse holder and a 100-amp ANL wafer fuse (a 90-amp fuse is not available). If you do not use a wiring kit with the necessary additional items, the separate parts and wiring needed to install this amplifier are as follows:
- 1 ANL wafer-style fuse holder capable of accepting 4 gauge wire
- One 100-amp ANL wafer fuse
- 2 power rings for 4 gauge cable
- 4 gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to the amplifier)
- 4 gauge ground cable
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- 1 stereo RCA patch cables
- Speaker wire
Warranty Note: The warranty on this amplifier is 1 year parts and labor. If installed by an authorized dealer, the warranty is extended to 3 years parts and labor.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.