Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This sleek machine turns your system from the standard into the spectacular! The ZR240 amplifier offers tremendous sound and power, while providing you with amazing expansion options. Just hook up this 60 watts x 2 amp to your system (you'll find it's stable in stereo to 1 ohm), and enjoy loud, clean music.
Kicker's automatic bridging feature makes stereo, bridged mono, or simultaneous stereo/mono three-channel operation easy and free of switches. You'll also get Kicker's quality assurance certificate with this amp as proof that it meets and exceeds strenuous tests for power and performance. No batch-testing here!
A docking port comes with the ZRX active crossover installed, and accepts optional modules such as a parametric bass module or active remote gain crossover module so you get the most out of your amp.
Important Note: A 4-gauge amp wiring kit alone is not sufficient for installing this amplifier. Please call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 for wiring recommendations.Details:
- stereo, bridged mono, or Tri-Way output
- frequency response 10-28,000 Hz
- 60 watts x 2 at 4 ohms
- 240 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- 120 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- MOSFET power supply
- module docking port with 2-way active crossover (80 Hz low-pass, 100 Hz high-pass, 12 dB/octave)
- discrete output transistors
- silent turn-on/off circuitry
- 15-5/8"W x 2-13/16"H x 10-1/16"D
- 1-year warranty
Kicker ZR240 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 1 Black amplifier with silver/black end caps and removable logo plate
- ZRX Crossover module (inserted into amplifier chassis)
- Two 30-amp blade fuses (inserted into amplifier chassis)
- 1 Allen wrench
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber isolator pads
- ZRX Module instruction sheet
- Warranty Registration card (entitles owner to a free Kicker decal and wearables catalog when filled out and mailed to Kicker)
- Total Quality Management Certification sheet.
Module Docking Port: This amp comes with a ZRX 12dB/octave active crossover installed in the Module Docking Port, an easy-to-use slot which accepts and powers a variety of KICKER Active Signal Processing Modules. Optional modules include the PBM (Parametric Bass Module), RGX (Active Remote Gain Crossover Module), KEQ (KICKEQ Module), SWX (Active Subwoofer Crossover Module), MRX (Active Midrange Crossover Module), TWX (Active Tweeter Crossover Module), CRM (Active Center-Channel/Rear-Fill Module), EEM (Active Electronic Enclosure Module). When the optional MMDP (Multi-Module Docking Port) is used, two modules may be used with one amplifier.
RCA Outputs: A set of gold-plated stereo RCA outputs can be used to pass signals from this amplifier to another amplifier. The signals output by the RCA outputs are affected by the setting of the KICKER Active Signal Processing Module being used with the amplifier; for instance, if the included ZRX module is set for low-pass operation, the signals from the RCA outputs will be low-pass filtered.
Removable Logo Plate: The included Kicker logo plate is removable, and it can be placed where desired on the amplifier.
Removable End Caps: There is a silver and black end cap on each end of the amplifier. The end caps cover the controls and connections for a cleaner, more attractive appearance in your vehicle.
- Thermal Protection
- Reverse polarity
- Short circuit protection
Connections: The power and speaker connectors will accept up to 8 gauge wire.
- Input impedance: 22 kohms
- Maximum distortion at Rated power, 4 ohm stereo, 12.5-16VDC: 0.02%
- Rated power 2 ohm stereo: 120 watts x 2
- Rated power 1 ohm stereo: 150 watts x 2
- Rated Power 4 ohm bridged: 240 watts x 1
- Rated power 2.66 ohm bridged: 300 watts x 1
- Rated power 2 ohm bridged: 300 watts x 1
Amp Gain: variable gain control
Module Docking Port: allows the use of an optional Kicker Active Signal Processing modules. When the optional MMDP (Multi-Module Docking Port) is used, two modules may be used with one amplifier.
Input, Power and Ground Wiring: The largest wire that will fit the power and ground inputs is 8 gauge wire. The amplifier wiring kits made to handle the current draw capabilities of this amplifier have 4 gauge wire, which is too large to fit the power and ground terminals. Since pre-packaged amplifier wiring kits cannot be used alone, you may purchase all the necessary items separately, or you may use a pre-packaged 4 gauge wiring kit along with two distribution blocks, a short length of 8 gauge power cable and a short length of 8 gauge ground cable. If you do not use a wiring kit with the necessary additional items, the separate parts and wiring needed to install this amplifier are as follows:
- Two distribution blocks (each block should have a 4 gauge input and 8 gauge outputs)
- One fuse holder capable of accepting 4 gauge wire
- One 60 amp fuse
- Two power rings for 4 gauge cable
- 4 gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to a distribution block with a 4 gauge input)
- 4 gauge ground cable (to connect a ground point to a distribution block with a 4 gauge input)
- 8 gauge power cable (to connect an 8 gauge output of a distribution block to the 8 gauge power input on the amplifier; the cable should be kept as short as possible)
- 8 gauge ground cable (to connect an 8 gauge output of a distribution block to the 8 gauge power input on the amplifier; the cable should be kept as short as possible)
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- One patch cable
- Speaker wire
Warranty: The warranty is for 1 year, but, if the amplifier is installed by an authorized Kicker dealer, it will be extended to 3 years.