Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Tuner-inspired cosmetics and hard-hitting power define the Octane-R series amplifiers from Phoenix Gold. Sure, they look good, but these amps back it up with dynamic sound control and plenty of muscle to drive your speakers!
With the Octane-R 2.5:2, you get the power (50 watts RMS x 2) to drive a pair of full-range speakers or a set of components to sonic perfection. If you're powering a subwoofer, bridge the channels together to create a 150-watt RMS mono monster! Shape your sound with the variable high- and low-pass filters their steep 12 dB per octave slope makes it easy to maximize the performance of your speakers.
Don't worry about bass either the Twin "T" bass boost delivers up to 15 dB of low-end punch at 45 Hz. The optional Remote Monitoring Display lets you stay on top of the voltage situation in your vehicle.
With a carbon fiber logo badge and blue LED accents, this amp is just begging to show off your system. Install the optional blue neon inserts and you've got a cutting-edge amp that sounds as good as it looks!
- 50 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
- 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
- stereo or bridged mono output
- variable high- and low-pass crossovers (40-400 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- blue LED logo illumination and optional blue neon attachments
- variable Twin "T" bass EQ boost (0-15 dB boost at 45 Hz)
- requires 8-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 25-amp fuse
- preamp outputs
- 10"W x 2-9/16"H x 10-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Phoenix Gold Octane-R 2.5:2 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Two-channel amplifier with one 25-amp fuse inserted in the chassis
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Product Manual
Logo Badge: The logo badge on the top of the amplifier glows blue during operation. For installation flexibility, the badge can be rotated 90 degrees in either direction, or a full 180 degrees.
Note: A 2.5mm Allen wrench is required to rotate the logo badge.
Protect LED: The red protect LED illuminates if the internal heatsink reaches 194 degrees Fahrenheit, or the amplifier senses that a direct short is present on the speaker outputs.
Variable Filter: The internal filter can be set for low-pass, high-pass, or full-range operation. In the low-pass and high-pass modes, the filter can be adjusted from 40 to 400 Hz. In each case, the filter has a slope of 12 dB per octave.
Twin-T Bass EQ: For added low frequency performance, this amplifier has a 0 to 15 dB variable bass boost centered at 45 Hz.
Preamp Outputs: The preamp output jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location. These outputs provide a full-range signal.
Remote Monitoring Display Compatible: This amp has a port that allows you to connect an optional Remote Monitoring Display (RMD), which shows the amps current voltage.
Neon Accent Kit Compatible: This amp is compatible with an optional blue neon accent kit. The neon tubes simply snap into the outer rim of the amp cover. Once the power leads are connected, the neon tubes will turn on with the amp.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- B+ (power): 0.545" screw terminal
- B- (ground): 0.545" screw terminal
- R (remote turn-on): 0.339" screw terminal
- Speakers: 0.339" screw terminals
- RMD: phone-type jack that allows you to connect an optional Remote Monitoring Display
Continuous Power Output:
- Into 4-ohm Stereo: 50 watts x 2
- Into 2-ohm Stereo: 75 watts x 2
- Into 4-ohm Bridged: 150 watts x 1
Maximum Power Output:
- Into 4-ohm Stereo: 80 watts x 2
- Into 2-ohm Stereo: 125 watts x 2
- Into 4-ohm Bridged: 250 watts x 1
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.