Audiovox AMBR-1500-AUD MediaBridge
Add Bluetooth®, a USB port, and smartphone app control to the factory radio in select Audi and Lamborghini vehicles
Item #: 2201500AUD
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $129.99
Add multimedia options to your factory radio
Maybe replacing the factory radio isn't an option in your vehicle, but you'd really like to add some features like Bluetooth, a USB port, and an auxiliary input. You'd also like to hear your smartphone's navigation and music apps as well. Audiovox's MediaBridge brings more functionality to the factory radio in your in your Audi or Lamborghini. The package includes the interface module, a vehicle-specific harness that plugs into the back of your factory radio, a microphone with a 10-foot cable and visor clip, and 6-foot USB cable.
A wealth of connections
You can get hooked up by using the USB port for your iPod® or iPhone®, a USB flash drive, or select Android™ smartphones. Audiovox also supplies a 3.5mm auxiliary input for portable music sources, such as a portable digital music player.
The MediaBridge's built-in Bluetooth technology is compatible with most hands-free communication and streaming audio applications, and Audiovox includes an external microphone so your callers can hear you clearly. An additional USB port allows for firmware updates, but does not enable an additional musical source.
There's an app for that
Download the free Audiovox app and turn your phone into a remote control and media hub, all in one. This amazing app lets you control what you hear and how you hear it on all your media sources. Switch sources, change tracks, whatever you need to do – all from your phone. You can even use level controls and unique 3-band equalizers to get the sound you want from whatever source you're playing. Your factory radio never sounded so good – or did so much.
Enjoy your iPhone's music apps
If you're big into Pandora® Internet radio, iHeartRadio, Livio, or other music apps, you can enjoy them through the MediaBridge. Simply fire up the app on your device, connect your iPhone to the module, and enjoy the audio. Depending on the app, you'll be able to use the factory radio or steering wheel controls to control select app functions.
Control through your factory radio or steering wheel buttons
Once you've got everything hooked up and your sources connected, you can take command of your tunes right through your radio or your car's steering wheel controls. With devices connected through USB or Bluetooth, you won't have to touch your device to change tracks or pull up playlists — it all works just like any other normal radio functions. iPhone 4S and iPhone 5/5S/5C users also get full Siri® integration, so you can use your phone without taking your hands off the wheel.
And for select Bluetooth streaming applications, you can have the MediaBridge announce the name of the current song and incoming caller ID information over your speakers, so you don't have to look at your phone to know what's happening.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this interface, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this interface is compatible with your vehicle.
Installation note: You'll need to remove and reinstall the factory radio to connect the Audiovox MediaBridge.
- media interface for select Audi and Lamborghini vehicles
- connects to Audi or Lamborghini radio through CD changer port with plug-in harness
- includes Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and wireless music streaming
- USB extension cable and microphone included
- USB input and 3.5mm auxiliary input
- additional USB port for firmware upgrades
- plays MP3/WMA/AAC files from USB thumb drives
- Siri integration for iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 models
- free Audiovox app lets you change sources, select tracks, and adjust the output level and 3-band EQ from your smartphone
- works with many music apps including Pandora, Spotify, and Livio
- allows use of steering wheel controls for music functions
- Music Announcer Technology allows song name and caller ID info to be announced for Bluetooth connected devices
- dimensions: 3-3/4"W x 1-3/8"H x 3-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Audiovox AMBR-1500-AUD MediaBridge Reviews
Average Customer Review:
poor quality sound
2004 Audi Allroad Quattro
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Overall poor quality sound, poor installation and users guide. Downloaded lastest Firmware and the system did not work as described. After searching around the audiovox website and interne,, I found a AudioVox OEI Iphone app that helps control the functions of the device and helped with bluetooth pairing. The sound quality from both streaming media and my personal music library was poor. Thin, over processed/compressed sounding music. Music sounds better through my monster cassette adapter interface. I am returning the device.
Pros: bluetooth for older factory stereos
Cons: sound quality. Instructions. Did not function properly with Bose Symphony II in my Audi Allroad 2004
What's in the box?
- MediaBridge interface module
- Interface/vehicle harness
- Microphone w/ visor clip (attached 10' cable terminated by 2-pin connector)
- 6' USB extension cable
- Installation Guide/User Manual
- CDC Emulation Instructions
MediaBridge Interface Module: The Audiovox MediaBridge Multimedia Integration Kit (AMBR-1500-AUD) adds connectivity for Bluetooth and iPod/iPhone, as well as USB mass storage class and Auxiliary devices to the factory radio of select Audi and Lamborghini vehicles.
Vehicle Compatibility: The Audiovox MediaBridge Multimedia Integration Kit (AMBR-1500-AUD) is compatible with select Audi and Lamborghini vehicles with factory non-navigation radios (as of 7/15/14)
|A4 (S4, RS4)||2000-2006|
|A6 (S6, RS6||2000-2004|
Note: The MediaBridge features two dip switches to configure the module for your compatible vehicle. The factory CD-changer (if equipped) must be disconnected and removed in order to use this interface module. There is no text display. Please use the Crutchfield Car Selector to verify compatibility with your vehicle.
USB Audio: The Audiovox MediaBridge features a USB (type-A) port and comes with a 6' USB (type-A) extension cable to connect your portable USB mass storage class device; such as a Android smartphone (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), digital MP3 player, or thumbdrive. The MediaBridge supports playback of MP3, WMA, and AAC music files formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. The unit will support up to 8 levels per folder, 200 folders, and 1000 files per folder. Songs will begin playback in order of when they were added to your USB device. You can then select the previous or next track, as well as navigate music files within a particular folder from your factory radio or steering wheel controls. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged while connected to the MediaBridge and your vehicle's ignition is turned on.
Note: The unit's USB connector is not compatible with USB hard drives, USB hubs, computers or digital cameras.
iPod/iPhone Direct: The Audiovox MediaBridge's USB port can also be used to connect your Apple iPod or iPhone device using the cable that came with your Apple device. The MediaBridge offers audio playback, basic music navigation, and charging of your iPod or iPhone. Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results.
- Music Playback: In addition to stored music on your connected iPod or iPhone device, the Audiovox AMBR-1500-AUD also includes support for internet radio streaming apps downloaded on your or iPhone device. Now thousands of internet radio stations can be streamed through your vehicle's stereo system. Supported apps include Livio Car Internet Radio, Pandora, iHeart Radio, and more. Your iPod or iPhone device's music library or music application will need to be initially activated on the screen of your Apple device and then can run in the background. Please note that although iOS 4.0 is supported on iPhone 3G, applications do not run in the background. As such, loading the app takes longer than on devices where the app is present in the background.
- Playback Control: You can control basic playback functions of music apps, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. You can also choose to simply control your iPod/iPhone from its own clickwheel or touchscreen.
- Charging: The AMBR-1500-AUD interface module automatically charges the battery of your iPod or iPhone when connected and your vehicle ignition key is in the "ON" position.
Note: For music app playback, your iPhone device must have an active wireless data connection in order to stream music from an app while in the car. Data connections including "3G" or "4G" through wireless carriers, or a third party wireless Internet access point connected to your mobile device through WiFi will work.
Built-in Bluetooth w/ MAT: The Audiovox MediaBridge supports Bluetooth hands-free communication and audio streaming of your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, or other Bluetooth compatible device. The MediaBridge even offers Music Announcer Technology (MAT) for a safer driving experience.
- Hands-Free Communication: The MediaBridge lets you use your vehicle's speakers and the included external microphone (with visor-clip) for an integrated hands-free smartphone experience. You can answer, terminate, or reject an incoming call from your factory radio or steering wheel controls. To make an outgoing call, you must still dial from your smartphone like you would normally.
- Audio Streaming: The MediaBridge lets you stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to your vehicle's factory audio system. You can also control basic music playback functions (such as Play/Pause, FW/RW, Previous/Next Track) of your Bluetooth-enabled device. Song/artist information is not displayed on the factory radio via Bluetooth.
- Music Announcer Technology (MAT): To improve driver safety, Music Announcer Technology (MAT) has been implemented which uses text-to-speech software to announce the currently playing music track or incoming caller ID.
Note: Your Bluetooth enabled device must first be paired with the MediaBridge prior to hands-free operation. This unit may not work with all Bluetooth devices.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Audiovox MediaBridge Multimedia Integration Kit (AMBR-1500-AUD) is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/3/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Apps||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
OEI Control App: Download the Audiovox OEI Control app onto your compatible iPhone to view information, change settings, and control the Audiovox MediaBridge interface module. From the app on your iPhone you'll be able to:
- use a "virtual remote control" to change music tracks and view song/artist info
- adjust the volume level and a 3-band EQ (Treble/Mid/Bass) for each source connected to the interface module
- enable or disable sources, as well as select text field length
- view firmware version, serial number, and other information about the module
- view the position/meaning of DIP switch settings
Note: A firmware update may be required in order for the OEI Control App to work with the Audiovox MediaBridge interface module.
Auxiliary Input: The MediaBridge features a minijack (3.5mm) port to connect any portable music player which features an audio output or headphone output.
Vehicle Harness: The included vehicle harness connects to the CD-changer port on back of your factory radio. If a factory CD-changer is present, disconnect it from the factory radio and plug the MediaBridge's vehicle harness in its place. Then plug your vehicle's factory harness into the cable receptacle on the MediaBridge's vehicle harness.
Note: Audiovox recommends that the module be installed in an easily accessible place (not placed behind the factory radio). This allows for easier connection and disconnection of your external audio devices, as well as future firmware upgrades.
Firmware Updates: There is a mini-USB (type-B) port on one side of the MediaBridge module to connect to your computer for firmware updates.