XM Direct2 Kenwood Adapter Cable
Connect your Kenwood receiver to the universal XM radio
Item #: 220CNPKEN1
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $19.99
XM Direct2 Kenwood Adapter Cable Reviews
Average Customer Review:
XM Direct2 Kenwood Adapter Cable
This unit works fine with the Kenwood KDC BT645U even though Crutchfield says it will not work. The instructions do not mention the yellow and black wires. they need to be hooked to battery 12v to the yellow and ground for the black. i finally found this information buried on the Crutchfield site.
Bad install instructions
The installation instructions for this cable assembly are incomplete in that they do not mention anything about the yellow/black pair and what to do with them. After finding my system did not function I surmised that these wires (based upon color code) needed to be terminated on ground and 12VDC. I took that chance knowing that if this were not correct that I could possibly damage the components connected through this cable assembly. In this case I surmised correctly. In discussions with the Crutchfield tech staff they also admitted that the instructions left a lot to be desired.
works as advertised
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Crutchfield indicates that this does not work with my Kenwood KDC-BT838U. Didn't notice that when I made the purchase. Good thing, because it works fine.
What's in the box?
- XMDirect2 connection cable for Kenwood XM-ready car stereos (harness has 3' din cable terminated by a male 13-pin connector and yellow/black power/ground wires)
- 13" Yellow power wire with in-line fuse holder and 1-amp fuse
- Installation Guide
Overview: The Audiovox XMDirect2 Kenwood Connection Cable (CNPKEN1) allows you to connect the Audiovox XMDirect2 Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner (220CNP2UCA, sold separately) to select, compatible, satellite-ready Kenwood car stereo receivers.
Compatibility: As the firmware is released to complete the compatibility between the XMDirect2 tuner and a specific head unit, this adapter and the tuner are added to the accessory list for the head unit; please check there to confirm compatibility.
Connection/Wiring Overview: The CNPKEN1 XMDirect2 Kenwood Connection Cable features the following connections.
- 34-Pin Connector: The 34-pin connector plugs into the CNP2000UC XMDirect2 XM Satellite Radio Universal Tuner (sold separately).
- Male 13-Pin Connector: The Kenwood male 13-pin connector provides a connection between your compatible Kenwood head unit and the CNP2000UC XMDirect² XM Satellite Radio Universal Tuner (sold separately).
- Yellow Wire: The 6' yellow wire of the CNPKEN1 cable will need to be hardwired to your Kenwood head unit's yellow wire using the supplied in-line 1-Amp fuse wire extension.
- Black Wire: The 6' black wire of the CNPKEN1 cable needs to be grounded to your vehicle's chassis.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.