Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This XAPV2 car kit from XM allows you to play your XMp3 or XMp3i portable satellite radio in a second vehicle — it includes a car cradle with suction-cup mount, a PowerConnect adapter with built-in FM transmitter, an audio cable, and a magnetic roof-mount antenna. The handy car dock uses the SIRIUS|XM PowerConnect system to deliver your favorite satellite radio programming through any FM radio. You can also use the included cable to connect the dock to a car stereo with an auxiliary input.
The antenna attaches to your roof with its magnetic base, while the PowerConnect adapter plugs right into your car's cigarette lighter or power port to provide power to the radio. Color-coded connectors on the dock make installation a breeze. XM radio sold separately.
- car accessory kit for XMp3 and XMp3i portable satellite radios
- car cradle with suction-cup mount
- PowerConnect adapter with built-in FM transmitter
- magnetic roof-mount antenna
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
XM XAPV2 Vehicle Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review:
XM XAPV2 Vehicle Kit
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I am glad I added this product when I bought my portable XM radio. I drove
cross country and needed the magnet mounted antenna, and the PowerConnect system
in the moving truck to transmit the signal to the FM radio. It worked great.
I'm not a big fan of the mounting clip that mounts the radio to one of the
vehicle's air vents. The weight of the unit drags the vent downward in such a
manner that restricts the ability to read the radio's display. This mount is
useless, at least in my case. Other than that, I like the remote, and I think the
cable length of the 12v adapter, and the length of the magnetic mountable
antenna are adequate. It was worth the investment.
XM XAPV2 Vehicle Kit
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Easy and works great.
What's in the box?
- PowerConnect vehicle dock
- PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter (with attached 55" DC cord)
- Magnetic vehicle antenna (with attached 22.75' cord terminated by a single SMB connector)
- Remote control (with installed 3V CR2032 battery)
- 4" Stereo minijack cable (with a right-angle male 3.5mm connector on each end)
- Dash mount
- Vent mount (with 2 extended vent clamps)
- Rubber wedge
- 2 Alcohol Prep Pads
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Limited Warranty Information
Overview: The XMp3i PowerConnect Vehicle Kit (XAPV2) allows you to install your XMp3i Satellite Radio Dock & Play Tuner (130XMP3I, sold separately) in a second vehicle. The XMp3i PowerConnect Vehicle Kit (XAPV2) includes a vehicle dock, magnetic XM antenna, IR remote control, PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter, audio cable, and mounting hardware.
Vehicle Dock: The XMp3i PowerConnect Vehicle Kit includes a Power/Connect vehicle dock to connect your compatible XMp3i Satellite Radio tuner. The vehicle dock features color-coded connectors to assist you in connecting the cables to the correct connector. The vehicle dock provides three connection options to transfer XM Satellite Radio audio to your vehicle's audio system.
- PowerConnect: The XMp3i PowerConnect Vehicle Kit comes supplied with a PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter which allows your XMp3i Satellite Radio receiver to wirelessly transmit audio to your vehicle's in-dash headunit over and FM frequency. You can choose from any FM frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. You can store up to 5 FM stations so you can quickly access the stations which give you the best audio reception when using the PowerConnect. The PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter simply plugs into the power port of the included vehicle dock and the cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory port of your vehicle.
- Auxiliary: The vehicle dock has a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash headunit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack, you can adjust the level to match your headunit's other sources.
- FM Direct (optional): The FM Direct Adaptor (607FMDA25, sold separately) connects directly in-line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input (motorola) and the XAPV2 vehicle dock's FM output (2.5mm). This optimizes the signal of the PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter's built-in FM modulator to your vehicle's radio, especially in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels.
Magnetic Antenna: The XMp3i PowerConnect Vehicle Kit unit comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be run outside of the vehicle and placed on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal.
Remote Control: The XMp3i PowerConnect Vehicle Kit comes supplied with a full-featured IR wireless remote control. The remote control offers the same functions as your XMp3i Satellite Radio Dock & Play Tuner's controls as well as the Jump feature which switches to the previous channel you were listening to. The supplied compact remote control contains a 0-9 numeric keypad, volume, up/down/left/right and XM select buttons, power, mode, record, pause/mute, bookmark, favorites, jump, and display buttons.
Mounting: The mounting location of the vehicle dock should be easily accessible for controlling your docked XMp3i receiver and provide good visibility of the unit's display, and should not be located where it will be in direct sunlight, which will affect the visibility of the display screen. The XMp3i PowerConnect Vehicle Kit comes with two mounting options.
- Self-Adhesive Dash Mount: The XAPV2 includes a self-adhesive plastic mount which allows you to place the unit on your vehicle's dash. The self-adhesive dash-mount allows you to swivel and adjust the unit for better visibility.
- Vent-Mount: The XAPV2 also includes a plastic mount which allows to you to clip the unit onto one of your vehicle's dash vents.
Note: When mounting the vehicle dock in your vehicle, choose a location where it will not block your vision, interfere with the controls, or obstruct the air bag.
- Width: 2.255"
- Height: 3.455"
- Depth: 1.735"
- Width: 1.4375"
- Height: 0.5625"
- Depth: 1.75"
- Cable Length: 22.75'
- Width: 1.585"
- Height: 0.595"
- Depth: 4.715"
- Weight: 2.4 oz (with battery)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.