Custom-fit subwoofer for 2004-08 Ford F-150 SuperCab (Charcoal)
Item #: 236F150CCT
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $449.99
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances they deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low. The airtight enclosure provides the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response.
ThunderForms house rugged Thunder4500 subwoofers their strong, light cones and special suspension design ensure high output and low distortion. A venting system keeps them cool so they'll handle the heat even if you've got the volume cranked.
- custom-fit subwoofer
- mounts under driver's side rear seat
- high-density polyethylene resin enclosure
- 12" Thunder4500 4-ohm subwoofer
- power range: 50-225 watts RMS (450 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
MTX Thunderforms Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Love it. Final touch to my new sound system.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I wanted a sub with great interior sound and with the windows down I might get your attention. I listen to many styles of music; this sub hits great wether I'm listening to rap, rock, or country. Other than the sound, I love that you can't see it!
Pros: Great sound and blends in without be noticed in the truck.
Cons: If you're looking to be heard from blocks away or you're looking to rattle cars around you, this isn't your sub. So, it's only a con if you're looking for that.
Not bad!!! I was skeptical about buying this product but had used MTX in the past and was always pleased. The sub has a fairly deep and tight sound to it. Its by no means going to rattle your truck though. If thats what you want from a F-150 you bought the wrong vehicle. I also installed some Pioneer 4-way 6X8's in the doors with a pioneer head unit and there was a drastic improvement from stock. The unit is a bit pricey but it definitely does what its meant for. Plus, with a built in amp installation was a piece of cake.
What's in the box?
- One 12" Charcoal custom enclosure with loaded MTX 12" Woofer
- 2 Flat washers
- 2 Self-tapping screws
- MTX AUDIO sticker
Molded Enclosure: The molded, high-density polyethylene resin enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
Thunder4500 Woofer: This enclosure comes loaded with a 12" Thunder4500 woofer.
- Carbon-filled Polypropylene Cone: The woofer cone is made of carbon-filled polypropylene. Carbon adds strength and heat resistance to polypropylene; the result is reduced distortion and improved reliability. In addition, the cone is also very resistant to environmental extremes. The woofer uses a polyether foam surround.
- Asymmetrical Linear Drive System (ALDS): The Asymmetrical Linear Drive System consists of a flat, progressive spider that improves suspension and an extended vented pole piece that smoothes out the cone's linear motion. The result is high output and low distortion.
- Spider Plateau Venting: Heat from the voice coil is vented through metal-mesh covered vents that surround the back of the spider.
- Voice Coil: The voice coil is wound on a high-temperature former to promote high power handling.
- Strontium Ferrite Magnet: The strontium ferrite magnet yields a highly efficient speaker.
Sensitivity: In the features and specs section, the subwoofer sensitivity is automatically rounded up to 90 dB. The woofer actually has a sensitivity rating of 89.8 dB.
5 Year Warranty Terms: This product carries a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.