MTX Amplified Thunderforms
Custom-fit powered subwoofer for
2004-up Ford F-150 regular cab (Black)
Item #: 236F150RBA
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $699.99
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances they deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low. The airtight enclosure provides the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response.
This amplified ThunderForm comes equipped with a cool-running 200-watt amp that's custom designed to provide optimal power without straining your vehicle's electrical system. MTX's Electronic Bass Control (EBC) lets you adjust the bass level from the driver's seat. A variety of inputs allow easy integration into your vehicle's sound system, and the included 20' power harness simplifies supplying power to the amp.
- custom-fit powered subwoofer
- enclosure fits behind seat
- two 12" Thunder4500 subwoofers
- built-in 200-watt RMS Class-D amplifier
- high-density polyethylene enclosure
- variable low-pass filter (50-150 Hz at 12 dB per octave)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- 20' power harness included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
MTX Amplified Thunderforms Reviews
MTX Amplified Thunderforms
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Fits perfectly in my truck, looks great, sounds awesome. Couldnt be happier. I strongly recommend thunderforms if you have a regular cab F-150.
What's in the box?
- Black amplified ThunderForm enclosure loaded with two 12" Thunder4500 subwoofers and a 20A ATC fuse
- Wiring harness (20' power lead/3' ground lead and 3' remote turn-on lead)
- 1 Fuse holder with attached wire loop
- One 20A ATC fuse
- One 0.202" crimp-on ring
- One 0.414" crimp-on ring
- 1 Yellow butt connector
- Two 5' RCA high-level input wires (each wire has an RCA connector on one end and tinned wire on the other end)
- External bass control with attached 17.5' cable (has a right-angle minijack stereo connector)
- 1 Plastic knob (for the external bass control)
- 1 Metal mounting bracket
- Two 3/4" self-tapping screws
- 1 Medium flat washer
- 2 Small flat washers
- 2 Lock washers
- 1 Hex nut
- One 3-3/4" cable tie
- 1 External bass control sticker
- 2 Large flat washers
- 2 Large self-tapping screws
Class D Amplifier: The enclosure contains a built-in 200-watt Class D (digital) amplifier that allows RCA or speaker-level input. The amplifier is highly efficient and designed specifically for use with the subwoofers in the enclosure.
Built-in Low-pass Filter: The low-pass filter frequency can be varied from 50 to 150 Hz for a seamless transition between the output of this unit and that of the other speakers in the vehicle.
Auto Turn-On Feature for Speaker Level Input: When the using a speaker level input signal (with the included speaker level to RCA adapter), the subwoofer's built-in amplifier will automatically turn on and off with the radio.
Note: The auto turn-on feature does not operate when a preamp level signal is used; the remote turn-on lead is necessary.
External Bass Control: The external bass control allows you to adjust the bass level from anywhere in the vehicle.
Thunder4500 Woofers: The enclosure comes loaded with two 12" Thunder4500 dual voice coil woofers.
Note: The woofers have an unusual impedance, specifically designed with the amp, and cannot be replaced with standard MTX models.
Carbon-filled Polypropylene Cones: Each woofer cone is made of carbon-filled polypropylene. Carbon adds strength and heat resistance to polypropylene; the result is reduced distortion and improved reliability. In addition, the cone is also very resistant to environmental extremes. Each woofer uses a polyether foam surround.
Asymmetrical Linear Drive System (ALDS): The Asymmetrical Linear Drive System consists of a flat, progressive spider that improves suspension and an extended vented pole piece that smoothes out the cone's linear motion. The result is high output and low distortion.
Spider Plateau Venting: Heat from the voice coil is vented through metal-mesh covered vents that surround the back of the spider.
Voice Coils: The voice coils are wound on high-temperature formers to promote high power handling.
Strontium Ferrite Magnets: The strontium ferrite magnets yield highly efficient speakers.
Molded Enclosure: The molded, high-density polyethylene resin enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
- Gain Control: rotary control that allows you to set the gain of the amplifier
- Crossover Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the crossover from 50 to 150 Hz
- Input: left and right RCA jacks; these jacks allow speaker-level input when the supplied RCA high-level input wires are connected
- EBC: mini-jack for use with supplied external bass control
- Harness: 3-pin jack for use with supplied wiring harness
- Fuse: installed 20A ATC fuse
5 Year Warranty Terms: This product carries a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.