Custom-fit subwoofer (Black) fits 2005-up Ford Mustang coupe
Item #: 236FMUSB5
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $449.99
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. The high-density polyethylene resin enclosure curbs unwanted resonances from your sub, so you'll hear bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low.
This molded MTX ThunderForm comes loaded with a premium-quality 12" Thunder4500 subwoofer, and mounts in the trunk on the passenger side of your 2005-up Ford Mustang. The enclosure is seamless and airtight, with the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response from the subwoofer. For the ultimate in thundering bass, drive one with an MTX Thunder amplifier.
- custom-fit subwoofer
- rugged enclosure fits in the trunk on the passenger side
- one 12" Thunder4500 subwoofer
- high-density polyethylene enclosure
- power range 50-225W RMS
- frequency response 41-150 Hz
- dimensions: 15-1/8"H x 27"W x 14"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle-specific enclosures with subs? Say what?
Instead of the usual sub in a box, the manufacturer creates a molded enclosure that fits perfectly into a convenient spot in your specific vehicle, housing a high-quality sub. Some enclosures even include a built-in amp, for the ultimate in stealth bass. The advantages? You don't lose much space (if any), your sub is perfectly matched to its enclosure, and your enclosure has a factory look that won't tell potential thieves you have an awesome sound system. Doesn't get better than that.
MTX ThunderForm Reviews
What's in the box?
- ThunderForm enclosure loaded with one 12" Thunder4500 subwoofer
- Mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
Vehicle-Specific Custom Enclosure: This MTX ThunderForm enclosure is specifically designed to fit select 2005-2012 Ford Mustang coupes (it's not compatible with the convertibles). Please refer to the Crutchfield Car Selector to confirm fit for your vehicle.
Enclosure: The ThunderForm enclosure is made of molded high-density polyethylene resin, which dampens resonance and is rigid enough to resist flexing. It is an acoustic suspension (sealed) chamber.
Mounting Location: This enclosure is designed to mount in the trunk, on the passenger's side. Note: The provided dimensions are taken at the widest points of the enclosure. Keep in mind that these enclosures are custom made to fit in this particular vehicle, so the enclosure will fit properly in only one specific location.
Woofer: The ThunderForm enclosure is loaded with one 4Ω, 12" MTX Thunder4500 subwoofer.
Tools Required: The manual provides this list of required tools:
- Powered Screwdriver
- #2 Phillips Head Bit
- 6" Bit Extension
- 10mm Wrench
- 5/16" Wrench
- Trim Panel Removal Tool
- Wire Cutters
Note: The manual provided is for both the amplified and non-amplified versions of this ThunderForm. Some of the tools may not be needed for this non-amplified ThunderForm.
5 Year Warranty Terms: This product carries a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.