Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Thunder Dome Series 6"x9" 3-way speakers
Item #: 236TDX693
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $89.99 pair
Our take on the MTX TDX693
Value and performance
Value and performance If you're looking to upgrade from your factory speakers, MTX designed their Thunder Dome Series speakers for efficiency, so they'll give you plenty of performance even when powered by your factory stereo. And MTX made sure that all these speakers deliver extended bass response, from the modest 3.5" to the big bruiser of a 6"x9". Best of all, they're covered by MTX's unique 5-year warranty.
Don't miss a note
The TDX693 6"x9" 3-way speakers cover all the musical bases. The polypropylene woofer cone with its butyl rubber surround produces impressive bass for a rich, full sound. MTX's 1-3/16" dome tweeter covers the upper midrange and high frequencies, while a 1" dome tweeter adds in some high-end sizzle. These speakers handle up to 100 watts RMS, so you crank the tunes up and still get clean sound. Grilles are included.
What's in the Box:
- Two 6x9 Tri-axial speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille mounting rings
- Two 6" Lengths of speaker wire (each has female quick-slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Cardboard template
- Warranty information
- Specifications printed on box
- 3-way 6"x9" speakers (pair)
- polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 1-3/16" and 1" silk dome tweeters
- power range: 10-100 watts RMS (200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 42-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- mounting depth: 3"
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MTX TDX693 Reviews
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1-3/16" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
92 dB at 2.83 volts
|Frequency Response||42 - 20k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||10-100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||200|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||3|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||3 9/16|
Woofer Cones: The MTX TDX series speakers feature durable and rigid polypropylene woofer cones. Polypropylene is also resistant to the moisture and temperature extremes found in automotive applications.
Tweeters: Each speaker features 1-3/16" and 1" silk dome tweeters. Silk is lightweight and great for high frequency extension and efficiency. The tweeters pivot slightly within their housing (both tweeters are tilted together, along the structure's long axis), so they can be angled toward the listeners to improve imaging.
Warranty: Although the speaker reviewed and measured (taken from our first shipment) included information indicating a 1 year warranty, MTX recently changed to a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.