Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
A sub that's made for marine use
Life on the water can be tough on a subwoofer. Salt, spray, sunlight, and extreme temperatures can turn an ordinary sub into a paperweight in no time at all. When you're upgrading your boat's sound system, be sure to choose a sub that's made for marine use. A marine-rated sub from MTX will give you the sound you crave for seasons to come.
The sub's sealed back keeps water out so the bass stays tight.
MTX's TM1004 10" marine subwoofer features a durable, waterproof polypropylene cone with a rubber surround that endures humidity and UV exposure. A tough white plastic shell protects the basket and magnet against corrosion, while the sharp-looking white plastic grille protects the sub from those onboard mishaps.
The TM1004 is designed for free-air use, so you'll get outstanding bass when mounted into a panel or bulkhead on your boat — no box required. And MTX protects this sub with their unique 5-year warranty.
- 10" 4-ohm marine subwoofer
- polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
- power range: 50-200 watts RMS (400 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 40 Hz - 150 Hz
- top-mount depth: 4.39"
- volume displacement: 1-1/2 cu.ft
- 18" wiring harness included
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MTX TM1004 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great sub woofer, awsome sound.
Pros: Good price
What's in the box?
- 10" Marine subwoofer
- White ASA plastic grille
- 18" Length of speaker wire (female quick-slides on one end and tinned bare wire on the other)
- Eight 1-1/2" Stainless steel self-tapping screws
- 8 Stainless steel speed clips
- Installation instructions
- Specifications printed on the box
Marine Tested: The TM1004 is designed to be weather resistant and durable in conditions where water, humidity, or element exposure is prevalent. It was tested for 500 hour using the ASTM B117 Salt/Fog Exposure standard and the ASTM D4329 UV Exposure standard. The sub features a polypropylene cone that is water resistant, a sealed ABS basket that protects the internal motor structure, silicone insulated tinsel leads, and an ASA plastic grille with UV inhibitor that is durable and that won't fade over time. Channels in the speaker frame and grille allow any water splashed on the cone to drain.
Infinite-Baffle: The TM1004 is designed for infinite-baffle use, so it can be installed in a variety of locations, without the need for a dedicated enclosure.
Mounting Hardware: Marine-grade type 316 stainless-steel mounting screws and speed clips are included.
Grille: A grille is included, but the subwoofer can be installed without it. If the sub is mounted with the grille, several measurements are different:
- Mounting Height: changes from 0.488" to 1.807"
- Flange Height: changes from 0.43" to 1.6"
- Frame Diameter: changes from 10.097" to 10.78"