Thunder Axe Series 1" teteron dome tweeters
Item #: 236TXC1
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $99.99 pair
Get immersed in your music
MTX makes their Thunder Axe separates for music lovers. These speakers use high-quality materials combined with MTX's advanced manufacturing techniques to make you feel like you're at the concert, not just listening to it. From the soaring sounds of a guitar solo to the visceral impact of a kick drum, these speakers will put you in audio heaven.
High quality materials for excellent sound quality
MTX'sThunder Axe TXC.1 tweeters will add high-frequency enhancement to any system. These 1" teteron domes reproduce complex sounds like cymbals crashing and upper-range vocals with impressive accuracy. You'll be able to discern the positioning of most instruments more easily, thanks to the superior stereo image these tweeters create when installed properly. The outboard crossover networks offer 5-way level control to ensure that these fine tweeters mesh perfectly with the rest of your system. And MTX protects these tweeters with their unique 5-year warranty.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install these tweeters in the factory locations.
- 1" teteron dome tweeters (pair)
- flush-, top-, and angle-mount hardware included
- external crossovers with 5-way level control
- power handling: 10-75 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 3,500-25,000 Hz
- impedance: 4 ohms
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- flush-mount depth: 7/8"
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MTX TXC.1 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 2 Tweeters (6" wire attached)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Tweeter grilles
- 2 Flush mounting clips
- Two 6" Lengths of speaker wire (each has quick-slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Two M4x35mm machine screws
- Four 1" Self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Tweeter removal tool
- Installation instructions
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ French)
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Frequency Response||3500 - 25k Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||3500 Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||10-75|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||150|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||7/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||1 3/4|
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters can be flush mounted, surface mounted, or surface mounted at an angle.
|Frame Width||Frame Length||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Surface Mount||2.18"||2.18"||N/A||1.262"||0.527" (Screw Depth)|
|Angled Surface Mount||2.191"||2.288"||N/A||0.921"||0.954" (Screw Depth)|
Crossovers: The crossover inputs and outputs are screw terminals and will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 3/8" wide. The crossover slope is 18 dB/octave and there are five output level options (0 dB, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -4.5 dB, and -6 dB).
- Width: 7.7"
- Height: 1.75"
- Depth: 5"
Warranty: Although the speaker reviewed and measured (taken from our first shipment) included information indicating a 1 year warranty, MTX recently changed to a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.
Our Product Research Team
1 question already asked
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Aug 10, 2015 ] Staff