Thunder Axe Series 4" component speaker system
Item #: 236TXC41
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $304.99
Get immersed in your music
MTX makes their Thunder Axe separates for music lovers. These speakers use high-quality materials combined with MTX's advanced manufacturing techniques to make you feel like you're at the concert, not just listening to it. From the soaring sounds of a guitar solo to the visceral impact of a kick drum, these speakers will put you in audio heaven. And MTX protects these speakers with their unique 5-year warranty.
High quality materials for excellent sound quality
MTX built the Thunder Axe TXC4.1 component system to help you hear every nuance of your music. The 1" teteron dome tweeter handles the high frequencies deftly, while the 4" glass fiber woofer gives you tight, punchy midrange. A large, external crossover sends the correct frequencies to the tweeter and woofer so you get excellent imaging. The crossover even supports bi-amping, so you can power the tweeter and woofer separately for maximum clarity and power.
If you're looking to add some more bass to this system, you can add a pair of the MTX TXC6.0 midbass drivers to create a 3-way system. Their external crossovers offer the connections you need to tie them seamlessly into the TXC4.1 system.
- component speaker system includes two 4" woofers, two tweeters, and two external crossovers
- glass fiber cone with aluminum deposition
- rubber surround
- 1" teteron dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with 5-way tweeter adjustment
- 4-ohm impedance
- power range: 10-100 watts RMS (200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- woofer mounting depth: 1-3/4"
- grilles included
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why install component speakers?
A component speaker system gives you the best possible performance from your car audio system. A system consists of separate woofers, tweeters, and crossovers, each designed to cover one specific range of frequencies. As separate components, the woofer can move freely to deliver more powerful performance, while the tweeter can be custom-mounted in a better spot up closer to your ears, revealing a whole new world of detail. Separate crossovers are far superior to the simple filters wired into full-range speakers, so the components work together for smoother, more focused sound.
MTX TXC4.1 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (with 6" wires attached)
- Two 6" Tweeter wire extensions
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Tweeter grilles
- 2 Woofer mounting brackets
- 2 Woofer flush mounting rings
- 2 Woofer surface mounting ring
- 4 Woofer mounting spring clips
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Angled mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flush mount tweeter clips
- Tweeter installation key
- Grille removal key
- Two M4x35mm machine screws
- Eight 1-1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- Twelve 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Mounting diagram
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ French)
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Glass Fiber/Aluminum|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Frequency Response||50 - 25k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||10-100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||200|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 3/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||3 1/2|
Woofer Cones: The woofer cones are woven glass fiber with aluminum deposition. The wire inputs are set screw terminals that will accept bare wire up to 10-gauge. The set screws are loosened/tightened using a 2mm Allen wrench (not included).
4/2 Hole Compatibility: Most 4" factory speakers use four mounting screws, however, in some vehicles, only two are used. The included woofer mounting brackets have four mounting tabs, but two are perforated and can be removed, allowing installation in 4-hole or 2-hole applications. Care should be taken handling the speaker after any tabs are removed because the broken edges may be sharp. Please check the Find What Fits Your Car application to confirm fit in your vehicle.
Tweeters: The 1" dome tweeters are made of Teteron, a combination of polyester and polyurethane, producing a natural sound quality with a wide dispersion pattern.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters can be flush mounted, surface mounted, or mounted at an angle (approximately 20°) using the included hardware.
|Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Angled Mount||2.275" x 2.195"||1.75"||0.875"||0.844"|
|Surface Mount||2.175"||N/A||1.277"||Screw Depth|
Crossovers: The crossover inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 3/8" wide. The crossover slope is 18 dB/octave high-pass and 12 dB/octave low-pass. There are dedicated inputs for the woofer and tweeter, so the system can be bi-amplified. (Jumpers shorting the two inputs together are factory installed.) A jumper inside each crossover allows you to change the tweeter output level; the options are 0 dB (flat), -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -4.5 dB, and -6 dB. Another jumper inside the crossovers adjusts the on/off axis position of the woofer and tweeter. Based on the speaker mounting locations, set to 0°, 30°, or 60°.
- Width: 7-3/4"
- Height: 1-3/4"
- Depth: 5"
Expandable: The TXC4.1 system can be expanded to a 3-way system by adding the TXC6.0 woofer/crossover package (item number 236TXC60, sold separately).
Warranty: MTX offers a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.