Our take on the JVC DR-MX1S
The JVC DR-MX1S delivers the ultimate in video versatility. This single component features a built-in VCR, DVD recorder/player, and DVR (digital video recorder). With its 80GB capacity, the DVR's hard drive lets you save up to 18 hours of your favorite programs in the super high-quality XP mode, or an impressive 105 hours in the EP mode. As you watch shows stored on the hard drive, you can either delete them as you go, or transfer any material you want to keep to your choice of DVD discs or VHS tapes.
It's easy to make reliable DVD copies of home movies or TV shows on videotape using this space-saving machine. Having your video collection on DVD not only saves room, but also gives you great, tape-free features such as instant access to any location on a disc, and easy navigation using your own custom titles and chapters.
The DR-MX1S's front-panel A/V inputs include an i.LINK (IEEE 1394) jack to make transferring video from a digital camcorder fast and easy. Copy your videos to the hard drive first, then edit and arrange scenes in any order you choose before making finished DVD copies.
In addition to its amazing multi-format capabilities, the DR-MX1S offers other cool recording conveniences. For example, using DVD-RAM discs or the hard drive, its simultaneous recording and playback capability lets you watch a previously recorded episode of your favorite TV show while recording this week's episode for future viewing. The DR-MX1S also has dual TV tuners so you can actually record two different television shows at the same time! Best of all, recording with the hard drive or DVD-RAM discs lets you control live TV pause, rewind and catch all the action with your own slow-motion instant replays.
- built-in 80GB hard drive for recording/playback
- records to DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD-R, and VHS
- plays DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD-R, Video CD, and VHS
- plays CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 CD-R & CD-RW
- plays digital picture CDs (JPEG)
- progressive-scan mode for smoother video with HD-compatible TVs (via the component video output)
- high-speed video dubbing from hard drive to DVD (up to 32X)
- dual 181-channel TV tuners
- simultaneous recording and playback
- i.LINK (IEEE 1394) front-panel input for use with a digital camcorder
- 54MHZ/10-bi video DAC
- optical digital output for Dolby®Digital/DTS®/PCM
- VCR Plus+ C3® for easy program recording and cable box control
- 4-head HiFi VCR
- instant review and index search for VCR recordings
- full-function remote control (multibrand for TVs)
- 192kHz/24-bit audio D/A converter
- 3 sets of A/V inputs (3 composite, 3 S-video)
- 2 sets of video outputs (2 composite, 2 S-video and one 480i/480p component video)
- 2 sets of analog L/R audio outputs
- 17-1/8"W X 3-13/16"H X 15-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Internal dubbing of copy-protected DVDs and VHS tapes is not possible
- Designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Consumer Alert: This component has only an analog broadcast tuner and will require a converter box after February 17, 2009, to receive over-the-air broadcasts with an antenna because of the Nation's transition to digital broadcasting. Analog-only TVs should continue to work as before with cable and satellite TV services, gaming consoles, VCRs, DVD players, and similar products. For more information, call the Federal Communications Commission at 1-888-225-5322 (TTY: 1-888-835-5322) or visit the Commission's digital television website at: www.dtv.gov