Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The JVC GV-LS1 live streaming camera is perfect for applications where you need live video streaming and recording from an unmanned position. With its electronic tilt/pan/zoom capability, which blows up the HD picture for enhanced monitoring of the scene it's capturing, you'll have the detail you need for applications like home and business security. Plus the Super LoLux technology and wide-angle lens will make sure you see the things other cameras in its class might miss.
Available apps for Android™ and Apple® smartphones and tablets assist you in controlling and monitoring the camera.
- 1/2.3" back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- 3.8mm focal length (24mm equivalent) with all stabilization/pan/tilt/zoom functions off
- f/2.8 fixed aperture
- remote controllable, networkable camera perfect for unmanned applications like security
- detailed HD streaming and recording capability
- Wi-Fi® capable for live monitoring, remote operation, live streaming and recording on PC
- free app available for Android and Apple® smartphones and tablets
- electronic pan/tilt/zoom function enhances coverage through blowing up and manipulating an HD image
- advanced image stabilization
- Super LoLux technology provides enhanced low-light capabilities
- manual exposure control for variable lighting conditions
- Ethernet port for connection to a wired PC network
- internal stereo microphone
- takes SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards for on-board high-def video (MP4 AVC/H.264) recording
- streams SD/HD MPEG-2 transport stream video, 640 x 360 JPEG video, AAC or LPCM audio
- 2-7/8"W x 1-15/16"H x 4-13/16"D (incl. rear cover)
- 6.31 ounces
- supplied accessories: AC adapter, LAN cable, PC software
- warranty: 1 year parts, 3 months labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JVC GV-LS1 Live Streaming Camera Reviews
What's in the box?
- Black Live Streaming Camera
- Rear cover
- 79" LAN cable (with RJ-45 modular plugs on each end)
- AC adapter with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 5V/2A)
- 6.5' AC cord
- Application CD-ROM
- Basic User Guide
- Software License Agreement
- Product Registration Card/Questionnaire
- Warranty Sheet (US)/Customer Service contact info
- Warranty Sheet (Canada)
Overview: The JVC GV-LS1 Live Streaming Camera lets you stream Full HD video via Wi-Fi and LAN connections. You can also record Full HD video to an optional SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory card, if desired. There is also a 3.5mm AV output and 3.5mm microphone input on the back. The GV-LS1 has a super wide angle lens and a splash-proof design so you can shoot in a wide range of environments.
Lens: The camera has a 3.8mm F2.8 lens, which is equivalent to 24mm in 35mm film photography. The electronic Pan/Tilt/Zoom function is controlled by smartphone via the JVC app. There is also an Advanced digital Image Stabilizer to reduce the effects of camera shake, however, it cannot be used simultaneously with the Pan/Tilt/Zoom functions.
Note: The digital zoom is up to 2x for Full HD and up to 4x for other formats.
Image Sensor: The GV-LS1 is equipped with a 1/2.3", 12.4-megapixel, back-illuminated CMOS image sensor. The image range is 0.51MP to 8.29MP depending upon the format.
Streaming: Wi-Fi and LAN connections are provided for streaming and remote operation. There are three choices in formats:
|Stream 1||Stream 2|
|Format 1||Video||JPEG (640 x 360)||None|
|Audio||LPCM 16 kHz 16-bit 1 ch|
|Format 2||System||MPEG-2 TS||---|
|Video||H.264 Main Profile (720 x 480)||JPEG (640 x 360)|
|Audio||AAC 48 kHz 16-bit 2 ch||LPCM 16 kHz 16-bit 1 ch|
|Format 3||System||MPEG-2 TS||---|
|Video||H.264 Main Profile (1920 x 1080)||JPEG (640 x 360)|
|Audio||AAC 48 kHz 16-bit 2 ch||LPCM 16 kHz 16-bit 1 ch|
Standards: Wired: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX; Wireless: IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz band only
Recording: The GV-LS1 can record to an optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card in AVCHD (MPEG-4 H.264 video; Dolby Digital 2ch audio) format. There are 4 recording modes:
|Recording Mode||Bit Rate||Recording Time
(64 GB SDXC card)
|UXP||24 Mbps VBR||5 hrs 40 min|
|XP||17 Mbps VBR||8 hrs 10 min|
|SP||12 Mbps VBR||11 hrs 30 min|
|EP||4.8 Mbps VBR||28 hrs 50 min|
Splashproof: The Live Stream Camera meets IEC IPX3 (IEC Standard Publication 529) standards for water resistance. This allows you to use the camera in a wide range of environments.
Note: IPX3 means the unit is resistant to water falling as a spray (0.7 liters per minute) for at least 5 minutes.
Hot Shoe/Tripod Mount: The camera has a standard hot shoe on the top for adding camera accessories such as a video light or microphone. In addition, it has a standard 1/4" tripod thread for mounting.
Power Requirements: The GV-LS1 is powered by the supplied AC adapter. It can also be powered by an optional BN-VG139U Lithium-Ion Rechargeable battery.
Supplied Software: The supplied CD-ROM includes the JVC CAM Control 184.108.40.206 software for controlling the camera from your PC. The software is compatible with Windows OS only running Internet Explorer 9 or later.
Mobile Application: A downloadable app is available to let you control the camera on the touch panel of a smartphone or tablet computer. The app is available for the following environments:
JVC CAM Control: available from the Apple App Store for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad with iOS 5.1.1. or later
JVC CAM Control Single: available from the Google Play Store for Android smartphones with OS 2.3 or later
JVC CAM Control Multi: available from the Google Play Store for Android tables with OS 2.3 or later, Screen size: 7" or more, Resolution: 1024 x 600 or more
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.