Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Into home theater? How about high-end audio? 'Net downloads, too? JVC's got it all covered with their versatile RX-8010V! Dolby® Digital, DTS®, and Pro Logic decoding unlock the multichannel surround sound on countless DVDs, VHS tapes, TV, HDTV, and satellite broadcasts. 100 watts x 5 channels and wide-range frequency response (20-100,000 Hz!) combine for powerful, precise reproduction of movie soundtracks and high-resolution music sources (like a DVD-Audio or SACD player).
But this receiver's coolest feature of all just might be its front-panel USB audio input, which works with your USB-equipped PC and standard Windows® 98 audio players for easy, future-friendly, high-quality A/V-PC convergence. Just plug into the receiver's USB port, and play PC audio (Internet MP3s, ripped CD tracks, etc.) through your home A/V system!
Other great features include an on-screen display (requires TV with direct video input), Text CompuLink for on-screen title management with compatible JVC CD players, component video switching, 5-band digital EQ, and 7 DAP (Digital Acoustics Processor) modes for stereo or multichannel sources. Wow!
- front-panel USB input
- Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic processing
- 120 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD or 100 x 5 in surround mode
- 24-bit Digital Signal Processing
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out (35MHz bandwidth)
- 4 audio and 5 A/V (including 5 S-video, 1 front-panel and one 5.1-channel) inputs
- on-screen display
- AV, Text, and Enhanced JVC CompuLink
- 7 DAP modes
- 5-band digital equalizer
- "line direct" mode bypasses DSP for super-clean analog playback
- wide-range frequency response
- high-rigidity Z-chassis construction
- digital inputs: 3 optical, 1 coaxial
- optical digital output
- multibrand-for-video 1-way LCD remote
- banana plug-compatible outputs for main left and right, center, and surround speakers
- 30 FM/15 AM presets
- 17-3/16"W x 6-3/16"H x 18-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
Receivers: Your ticket to sensational sound
Your receiver powers your speakers and lets you connect and select your entertainment sources. But a great receiver does a lot more it ignites your emotions. From the passion of a favorite musical artist, to the crossfire of a super-charged movie soundtrack, to the intensity and immersion of a fast-paced video game, your receiver is the key to experiencing and enjoying it in full.
JVC RX-8010V Reviews
What's in the box?
- AM/FM/Dolby Digital/DTS receiver
- RM-SRX8010J wireless remote
- 2 "AA" batteries
- AM Loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Product Safety Registration Card/Questionnaire
- Important Product Safety Instructions
- Supplement sheet
Features and Specs
Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS Decoding: This receiver has a built-in decoder for Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS playback.
USB Connection: This receiver is equipped with a USB type B jack on the front panel. This port connects to the USB port on your computer, allowing you to use your computer as the playback source.
5.1 Channel Input: This receiver is equipped with a 5.1 channel input for compatibility with future 5.1 channel decoders.
Component Video Switching: In addition to composite and S-Video switching, this unit can switch between two component video sources. There are 2 component video inputs and 1 component video monitor output; each input and output has jacks labeled "Y", "Pb/Cb" and "Pr/Cr". This feature allows you to connect, and switch between, high resolution video sources equipped with component video outputs.
On-Screen Display: On-screen display simplifies control by allowing you to choose options from your television screen to operate your receiver.
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Pro Logic
- Theater 1 (DAP mode): Reproduces the sound field of a large theater
- Theater 2 (DAP mode): Reproduces the sound field of a small theater
- Hall 1 (DAP mode): Reproduces clear vocals and the feeling of a large concert hall
- Hall 2 (DAP mode): Reproduces clear vocals and the feeling of a small concert hall
- Live Club (DAP mode): Reproduces the feeling of a live music club with a low ceiling
- Dance Club (DAP mode): Emphasizes the low frequencies
- Pavilion (DAP mode): Reproduces the spacious feeling of a pavilion with a high ceiling
- 5 CH/4 CH: The 4 CH stereo mode reproduces a sound field through the front and surround speakers. The 5 CH stereo mode adds the center channel element to the 4 CH stereo sound field by outputting mixed left and right signals through the center speaker.
- 3D Action: Best for action and war movies where the action is fast and explosive
- 3D Digital: Reproduces multi-channel sources encoded with Dolby Digital or with DTS
- Headphone DSP: Reproduces the sound field of a music room when using headphones
- Subwoofer: You can select YES or NO. If YES is selected, you can adjust the level of the subwoofer from -20dB to +10dB in 1dB increments.
- Front Speakers: You can select LARGE or SMALL (if the subwoofer is set to NO, you can only select LARGE front speakers)
- Center Speaker: You can select LARGE, SMALL, or NONE (if the front speakers are set to SMALL, you cannot select LARGE for the center speaker)
- Rear Speakers: You can select LARGE, SMALL, or NONE (if the front speakers are set to SMALL, you cannot select LARGE for the rear speakers)
- Center Delay: Allows you to adjust the center delay setting from 0 to 5 msec in 1 msec increments
- Rear Delay: Allows you to adjust the rear delay setting from 0 to 15 msec in 1 msec increments
- Crossover: The channels set to SMALL are filtered with a selectable high-pass crossover. You can select a crossover point of 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz.
- LFE Attenuator: When the bass is distorted, you can lower LFE bass output by 10dB
Test Tone: A test tone feature is available to help with the process of matching the output level of the left surround, right surround and center channels to the front left and right channel level.
Digital EQ: The Digital EQ allows you to adjust the following frequencies: 63Hz, 250Hz, 1kHz, 4kHz, and 16kHz. Each frequency can be adjusted from -8dB to +8dB in 2dB increments.
Midnight Mode: Using the Midnight mode, you can enjoy powerful sound at low volume levels. Midnight mode can be set to Midnight 1, Midnight 2, or Normal. The Midnight 1 setting compresses the dynamic range very little, whereas the Midnight 2 setting offers full dynamic range compression. Note: Midnight mode is only available when specially encoded Dolby Digital signals are played.
Line Direct Function: The Line Direct function bypasses all digital processing, allowing you to enjoy the sound in its original form. Only the volume level is adjustable when the Line Direct function is turned on.
Bass Boost: A 6dB boost may be added to the output of the left and right main channels with the touch of a single button. The boost is applied so the overall tonal balance of the system is maintained.
Auto Memory: This feature assigns and stores different sound settings for each source. You can store the front speaker output balance, subwoofer, input attenuator mode, Midnight mode, bass boost, Digital EQ, Line Direct, surround/DSP mode, DVD MULTI playback mode, and analog/digital input mode settings.
One Touch Operation: This feature allows you to assign and store a different volume level setting for each source.
Center Tone Adjustment: Adjusts the center channel's mid-frequency range for optimum voice matching across your front soundstage.
Attenuator: You can attenuate an analog input signal if it is too high and causes distortion.
Compu Link: This unit has AV Compu Link-III, Compu Link-4 Synchro, and Text Compu Link remote control systems. When used with a compatible CD or MD player, you can display CD text information and MiniDisc information on your TV screen, and you can search for discs in a CD player by name.
Digital Input Registration: When you use any of the digital inputs, you must register which source is connected to which digital input. This only needs to be done one time, and afterwards, the unit will automatically be able to select the proper source in both digital and analog mode.
Sleep Timer: This unit is equipped with a sleep timer that will automatically turn the unit off. The sleep timer can be adjusted from 10 to 90 minutes in 10 minute increments.
Wireless Remote: The remote controls JVC audio/video components (CD players, CD recorders, Turntables, Cassette decks, MD recorders, VCRs, DVD players, and TVs) and it is pre-coded to control most popular brands of TVs, DBS receivers, cable boxes, VCRs, and DVD players. A non-illuminated LCD screen at the top of the remote displays the current source.
- Phones: Standard gold-plated headphone jack
- Video Input: Gold-plated stereo RCA audio, gold-plated composite video, and gold-plated S-video
- USB Audio: USB type B jack; connects to the USB port on your computer, allowing you to use your computer as the playback source
- AM Input: Spring clips
- FM Input: Slip-on F-Type connector
- 5.1 Channel Input: RCA inputs for rear right, rear left, center and subwoofer. These inputs are used along with the DVD input as a 5.1 channel input.
- Phono Input: RCA stereo audio with ground screw
- CD Input: RCA stereo audio
- Tape/MD Input/Output: RCA stereo audio
- CD-R Input/Output: RCA stereo audio
- DVD Input: Stereo RCA audio, composite video, S-video and component video
- TV Sound/DBS Input: Stereo RCA audio, composite video, S-video and component video
- VCR 1 Input/Output: Stereo RCA audio, composite video and S-video
- VCR 2 Input/Output: Stereo RCA audio, composite video and S-video
- Monitor Out: Composite video, S-video and component video outputs to connect to a TV/monitor
- Subwoofer Output: Mono RCA preamp output
- Digital 1 (DVD) Input: Standard coax digital input
- Digital 2 (CD) Input: Standard Toslink input with cover
- Digital 3 (TV) Input: Standard Toslink input with cover
- Digital 4 (CD-R) Input: Standard Toslink input with cover
- Digital Output: Standard Toslink output with cover
- Compu Link-4 (Synchro): 2 female mini-jacks for use with compatible JVC components
- Text Compu Link: 2 female mini-jacks for use with compatible JVC components
- AV Compu Link-III: 2 female mini-jacks for use with compatible JVC components
- Speaker Outputs: Binding post outputs for Front 1 left, Front 1 right, Front 2 left, Front 2 right, surround left, surround right, and center speakers (posts are not 5-way binding posts, because each post has a plastic collar that prevents use with spade lugs and the posts are too far apart to use dual banana plugs)
- Impedance Selector Switch
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.