Overview: The Canon CanoScan 9000F flatbed scanner allows you to produce
spectacular 9600 x 9600 dpi
scans with vibrant 48-bit color depth, yielding over 281 trillion possible
colors. Not only can you scan photos and documents, you can scan up to 12 frames
of 35mm film or 4 mounted slides simultaneously, using the supplied film guide.
Resolution: The CanoScan 9000F can produce scans at a resolution of up
to 9600 x 9600 dpi for transparencies and 4800 x 4800 dpi for reflectives.
White LED Light Source: Instead of a fluorescent lamp light source,
the CanoScan 9000F uses high luminance white LEDs, which provide a Zero Warm-up
Time, meaning it's ready to scan immediately. Since the white LED lamp doesn't
need to stay on after scanning, the scanner meets the Energy Star guidelines for
USB 2.0 Hi Speed: The USB 2.0 Hi Speed interface enables the fastest
possible image transfers and scanning speeds.
Controls: There are 7 buttons on the top panel of the scanner,
making it easy to scan, copy, and create e-mails and multi-page PDFs:
- Auto Scan: In one step, the photo or document is
scanned, and the type of original is automatically recognized. The original
is automatically cropped to proper size and saved in the appropriate file
- PDF Buttons:
- Color: scans color images in A4 or Letter size at 300 dpi,
- Black & White: scans black & white images in A4 or Letter
size at 300 dpi, by default
- Custom: scans images in user-specified settings
- Finish: ends the operation and saves the scanned image in a
- Copy Button: prints/copies the scanned image with a printer
- E-mail Button: attaches the scanned image to a new e-mail message
Scanning Film: The CanoScan 9000F can scan 35mm film
(filmstrip or slides, positives or negatives) and 120 format film, using the
three provided film guides. The guides allow you to load up to 12 frames of 35mm
film strips, up to 4 mounted 35mm slides, or a 120 format film strip with up to
three frames. If the film strips are curled, the supplied Film Retainer Sheet
helps prevent the film strips from sticking to the platen glass and creating
Files: The images can be saved as BMP, PICT, JPEG, Exif, TIFF, or PDF files.
FARE Level 3: The built-in FARE retouching technology
automatically removes much of the dust and scratches on original prints, improving image
Auto Document Fix: Auto Document Fix features advanced image
analysis and area-by-area data correction to deliver beautiful results
Gutter Shadow Correction: The built-in correction removes
the unsightly shadow typically seen when scanning pages from a book. The
"gutter" is eliminated, therefore producing a clean scan of the page.
OS Compatibility: The CanoScan 9000F is compatible with the
following Operating Systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP/2000
- Mac OS X v.10.4.11 to 10.6*
- * If you have Mac OS X v.10.5 or lower, you should upgrade to Mac OS X
v.10.6 before installing the software bundled with the scanner.
Included Software: The scanner includes the following
- Setup Software and User's Guide
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 8
- ArcSoft PhotoStudio
- MP Navigator EX
- Scanner Element: Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) 12-line
- Light Source: White LED
- Scanning Mode:
- Color: 48-bit internal/48 or 24-bit external
- Grayscale: 48-bit internal/16-bit (film scanning
- Optical Resolution:
- Transparencies: 9600 x 9600 dpi
- Reflectives: 4800 x 4800 dpi
- Selectable Resolution: 25-19,200 dpi (ScanGear)
- Maximum Document Size: 8.5" x 11.7" (A4/Letter)
- Maximum Film Size: 35mm x 12 frames (negative/positive), 35mm x 4 frames
(mounted slides), 22cm x 6 Film strip (120 Roll film)
- Weight: 10.1 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.