Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Turn your favorite digital images into 13" x 19" gallery-ready prints with Canon's PIXMA Pro9500 Mark II. This pro-quality photo printer uses an advanced 10-color pigment-based ink system that lets you create stunning, high-accuracy color prints. Unlike most consumer inkjet printers that use dye-based inks, the special pigment inks used by the Pro9500 Mark II produce longer-lasting prints with exceptionally smooth gradations of color. Special matte black, photo black, and gray ink cartridges deliver rich grayscale and monochrome prints for beautiful black and white photography.
Enhanced printing features
The '9500 Mark II offers flexible options that let you adjust the color balance, saturation and tone, as well as image contrast and brightness. You can also print handy contact sheets with up to 20 thumbnail images that display key details underneath each shot — including lens model, shooting mode, exposure settings, and more. The included software offers sophisticated controls that let you fine-tune images to give your prints just the right look. Canon even included Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 6 software for additional editing and printing features.
Accurate, economical printing
The quiet-running Pro9500 Mark II uses 10 individual ink tanks to reduce waste and save you money. Instead of replacing an entire multi-color cartridge containing unused ink, you can change just a single color at a time. A convenient low-ink sensor lets you know when you're running low on a particular color. This allows you enough time to finish what you're printing, then drop in a new tank to avoid unexpectedly running out of ink.
- print sizes: letter (8-1/2" x 11"), legal, 4" x 6", 4" x 8", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 11" x 17", 13" x 19"
- color print resolution: 4800 x 2400 dpi
- 10-color Lucia pigment ink system with individual color cartridges
- Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) technology
- supports a wide variety of professional and fine art printing papers up to 1.2mm thick
- Ambient Light Correction lets you select the type of lighting in which you'll display your photos, and automatically adjusts printing to provide accurate colors (Windows Vista only)
- dual paper paths let you load up to 150 sheets of photo paper in the top auto-sheet feeder or load single sheets of thicker fine-art paper through the front
- makes bordered or borderless prints
- Direct Print Port for photo printing with PictBridge-compliant cameras and camcorders
- high-speed USB port for connection to a computer
- Easy-PhotoPrint Pro plug-in software for use with Adobe® Photoshop® CS/CS2/CS3/CS4
- includes Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 6
- 26"W x 7-5/8"H x 14"D
- weight: 33.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 10 ink tanks (matte black, photo black, gray, cyan, magenta, yellow, photo cyan, photo magenta, red, and green)
- software CD-ROM (Windows® and Mac®)
- AC power cord
Canon PIXMA Pro9500 Mark II Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great value. Best photo printer I have ever owned. Professional quality.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought this printer based on reviews and previous experience with a Canon S9000.
This printer is meeting all my expectations. Easy to setup and use. I ordered the printer with
a package of Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II so I could use it immediately. Right out of
the box the first image was beyond anything I've printed and better than any of my local labs.
I'm not sure how long the ink cartridges will last but it doesn't really matter because I'm
thrilled with my prints.
What's in the box?
- PIXMA Pro9500 Mark II Inkjet Office All-In-One printer
- 71" AC cord
- Photo Black ink cartridge (PGI-9PBK)
- Matte Black ink cartridge (PGI-9MBK)
- Cyan ink cartridge (PGI-9C)
- Magenta ink cartridge (PGI-9M)
- Yellow ink cartridge (PGI-9Y)
- Red ink cartridge (PGI-9R)
- Green ink cartridge (PGI-9G)
- Gray ink cartridge (PGI-9GY)
- Photo Cyan ink cartridge (PGI-9PC)
- Photo Magenta ink cartridge (PGI-9PM)
- PIXMA Pro9500 Mark II Setup CD-ROM (U1.0)
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 DVD-ROM
- Getting Started--Read Me First booklet
- Warranty sheet
- Safety and Environment Information
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 Install sheet
- Important Notice sheet (concerning the proper handling of the Print Head and Ink Tanks)
- Sheet showing removal of packing materials
LUCIA Ink System: The Canon PIXMA Pro9500 Mark II Photo Printer features the Canon 10-color pigment LUCIA ink system for richer, more true-to-life color reproduction that will satisfy even the most demanding photographer. The addition of gray, photo black and matte black ink cartridges help provide professional-looking black & white photos. The 10 individual ink tanks allow you to replace only the empty one, not all tanks at once, saving on printing costs in the long run. Inks included with the printer include:
- Photo Black (PGI-9PBK)
- Matte Black (PGI-9MBK)
- Cyan (PGI-9C)
- Magenta (PGI-9M)
- Yellow (PGI-9Y)
- Red (PGI-9R)
- Green (PGI-9G)
- Gray (PGI-9GY)
- Photo Cyan (PGI-9PC)
- Photo Magenta (PGI-9PM)
Resolution: Canon's Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a high-performance print head with an amazing 7,680 nozzles, ejecting precise, consistent droplets as small as 3 picoliters. The result is 4800 x 2400 dpi max resolution for color and black & white prints producing richer images with improved brilliancy, rivaling that of positive film.
PictBridge: You can connect this printer directly to any PictBridge compliant digital camera. PictBridge is a new standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge-compliant digital camera directly to a PictBridge-compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
Print Sizes: The Pro9500 Mark II can make various sizes of bordered or borderless photos. It can print 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 8.5" x 11", 11" x 14" and 13" x 19" sized photos. It can also print letter and legal sized documents.
Paper Type: Other than standard copy paper from 2.13" x 3.39" to 8.5" x 23" and from 17 to 28 lb weight, the following media is compatible with this printer:
- Photo Paper Pro Platinum: PT-101
- Photo Paper Pro II: PR-201
- Glossy Photo Paper (Everyday use): GP-501
- Photo Paper Glossy: GP-502
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy II: PP-201
- Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss: SG-201
- Matte Photo Paper: MP-101
- Fine Art Paper "Museum Etching" FA-ME1
- Fine Art Paper Premium Matte FA-PM1
- High Resolution Paper: HR-101N
- T-Shirt transfers: TR-301
- Photo Stickers PS-101
- Envelopes: European DL and US comm #10
Dual Paper Path: The Pro9500 Mark II has two paper sources. The rear "auto sheet feeder" allows you to load up to 150 sheets of plain paper (17 lbs. to 28 lbs.), up to 20 sheets of 4" x 6" photo paper, up to 10 sheets of 8" x 10" and 5" x 7" photo paper, or a single sheet of 13" x 19" or 10" x 12" photo paper. Large or thick single sheets can be fed from the front tray. You can load large sheets up to 14" x 17" or thick paper such as art paper or board paper.
Note: Large sheets fed from the front tray exit through the back of the printer, so an additional 15.7" of space behind the printer must be provided when printing.
Print Speed: The printer can produce an 8" x 10" borderless color photo in approximately 4 minutes 5 seconds. An 11''x14" color photo can be printed on 13" x 19" paper in approximately 7 minutes and 55 seconds. The USB Hi-Speed interface enables fast data transfers from your computer, reducing total print time.
Printing Methods: The Pro9500 Mark II offers various printing methods for your convenience:
- Borderless Printing: The borderless printing function allows you to print data without any margin by enlarging the data so that it extends slightly off the paper.
- Fit-To-Page Printing: This feature automatically enlarges or reduces the printed document or photo to fit the size of the paper being used.
- Scaled Printing: This feature allows you to specify a scaling value and print a document or photo with pages enlarge or reduced to match the paper size being used.
- Page Layout Printing: The page layout printing function allows you to print more than one page image on a single sheet of paper.
- Poster Printing: This enlarges and splits the print image across several sheets of paper. The printed sheets can then be assembled to make a larger poster.
- Booklet Printing: A multi-page document is printed so that two pages of the document fit on each printed page. The print order is set automatically. After the document is printed, you can create a booklet by folding the pages and saddle-stitching the binding.
- Duplex Printing: The duplex printing function allows you to print data on both sides of a sheet of paper.
- Stamp/Background Printing: The stamp printing function allows you to print a stamp text or a bitmap over or behind document data. The background printing function allows you to print a light illustration behind the document data.
Print Quality and Image Data Adjustments: The Pro9500 Mark II allows you to make the following adjustments to your documents and photos.
- Print Quality Level: This function allows you to select between High, Standard, Fast or Custom. In the custom mode you can then adjust the print quality on a scale between 1 to 5.
- Halftoning Method:
Halftones refer to color shades between the darkest color and the brightest
color. The printer replaces the color shades with a collection of small dots
to express the halftones. You can select from the following Half toning
- Dither: arranges the dots according to fixed rules to express the halftones
- Diffusion: places the dots randomly to express the halftones
- Auto: data is printed with the optimal half toning method for the selected print quality
- Monochrome: This function allows you to adjust the grayscale so you are printing a monochrome print.
- Color Correction: The Color Correction function specifies the color adjustment method that matches the type of document to be printed. This method is suitable for printing sRGB data.
- Color Balance: The Color Balance function adjusts the color tints during printing. Since this functions adjust the output by changing the ink ratios of each color, it changes the color hues of the entire document.
- Intensity: The Intensity function dilutes (brightens) or intensifies (darkens) the colors of the overall image data during printing.
- Contrast: The Contrast function changes the differences between light and dark in images during printing.
- Brightness: The Brightness function changes the overall brightness of the image data you wish to print.
- Simulating an Illustration: With the Simulate Illustration function, you can print full-color or 256-color image data so that it looks like a hand-drawn illustration. This function adds different effect to the original profile and colors.
- Single Color: You can select your monochrome photo to be printed in the following colors - Sepia, Blue, Pink, Green or the color select using Select Color feature.
- Vivid Color: The Vivid Photo function allows you to print image data with vivid colors.
- Smoothing Jagged Outlines: The Image Optimizer function allows you to smooth jagged outlines in photos and graphics that have been enlarged with your application. This feature is especially useful when printing low-resolution images from Web pages.
- Color Properties: The Photo Optimizer Pro function allows you to adjust colors of images input from a digital camera or scanner. This function compensates for color shift, overexposure and underexposure.
- Photo Noise Reduction: The Photo Noise Reduction function allows you to reduce the digital camera noise and improve the images quality of the digital print.
Gray Scale: This printer allows you to print full-color digital photos in grayscale. The printer uses black and gray ink for grayscale printing together with the minimum amount of color ink required. This prevents color inconsistency in grayscale photos. In addition, you can print grayscale photos with a cool bluish tint or a warm reddish tint.
Ambient Light Correction: The Pro9500 Mark II, is equipped with an Ambient Light Correction feature, which uses Canon's Kyuanos technology. You can select the type of lighting under which a print will be displayed, and the colors in the final print will be automatically adjusted to ensure the displayed result looks just the way the photographer intended. This feature is only supported by a Windows Vista PC.
Ink Level: You can confirm the ink level in each ink tank through the ink lamps. Open the top cover of the printer to see how the ink lamps light or flash. The ink lamp flashes slowly (at about a 3 second interval) when Ink is low. The ink lamp flashes quickly (at about a 1 second interval) and the Alarm lamp on the printer flashes orange four time when the Ink is out.
Minimum System Requirements (Windows):
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Vista SP1
Windows XP, SP2, SP3
Windows 2000 Professional SP4
|Browser||Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|Hard Disk Space||450 MB (for bundled software installation)|
DVD-ROM drive required for installation of Adobe Photoshop Elements 6
|Display||SVGA 800 x 600|
Minimum System Requirements (Macintosh):
Mac OS X v.10.5
Mac OS X v.10.4
Mac OS X v.10.3.9
|Hard Disk Space||600 MB (for bundled software installation)|
DVD-ROM drive required for installation of Adobe Photoshop Elements 6
|Display||XGA 1024 x 768|
- PIXMA Pro9500 Mark II Printer Driver
- Easy-PhotoPrint EX
- Easy-PhotoPrint Pro
- Solution Menu
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6:
- DVD-ROM drive is required for installation.
- Windows: XP, Vista only; 1.5 GB additional hard disk space required
- Macintosh: OSX v10.4.8 - 10.5.2; 1 GB additional hard disk space required
Back Panel of Printer:
- Power cord connection: Jack for use with supplied AC cord.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: USB-Type B Hi-Speed connector
- Direct Print Port: USB-Type A connector used to connect the printer to a PictBridge-compatible digital camera or camcorder.
Paper output tray and sheet feeder paper rest closed:
- Width: 25.9375"
- Height: 7.5625"
- Depth: 13.875"
Front paper tray and sheet feeder paper rest open and fully extended:
- Width: 25.9375"
- Height: 13.625"
- Depth: 33.25"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.