Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Get near-professional quality sound with the Canon DM-100 stereo microphone. It features a mono or stereo design with an adjustable field width for getting the most out of any recording situation. You can adjust the field width with the flip of a switch. Choose 90º if your subject is relatively close and narrowly focused (like a person or two); choose 120º when recording a wider or more distant subject such as a sporting event, play, etc.
A built-in shock-mount in the stem of the DM-100 partially isolates it from sound-muddying vibrations, helping you get a clearer audio recording. It easily attaches to the advanced accessory shoe on select Canon camcorders, so there are no cords to get tangled or drag on the floor. And no batteries required: This mic draws its power directly from the camcorder.
- compatible with select Canon camcorders with an advanced accessory shoe
- attaches to and draws power from the camcorder's advanced accessory shoe
- mono- or multi-directional with selectable field width (90º/120º)
- built-in shock-mount prevents vibrations from muddying the sound
- furry windmuff to reduce noise when recording outdoors
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Canon DM-100 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Nice mic. Exactly what I expected it to be.
What's in the box?
- Directional stereo microphone
- Wind shield
- Instructions (Eng/Spa/Fre)
- WEEE Directive (2002/96EC) notice
Overview: The Canon DM-100 Directional Stereo Microphone can be used as a directional microphone (monaural) or stereo microphone that clearly picks up sound from the front of the microphone, for full recorded sound.
Compatibility: The Canon DM-100 Directional Stereo Microphone is specifically designed for Canon VIXIA camcorders which feature a mini-Advanced Shoe connector.
- Type: Back electret stereo condenser shotgun microphone
- Directivity: Super-directional/Unidirectional stereo
- Sensitivity: -36.0 dB (Shotgun, 1kHz, 0dB = 1V/Pa)
- Frequency: 100-10,000Hz (Shotgun)
- Output Impedance: 200-ohm
- Weight: 2.7 oz
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.