Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This Canon EF-S series lens offers a broad focal range for versatile wide-angle and telephoto shooting options with compatible Canon digital SLR cameras. Its optical quality is superb, and its image stabilization technology lets you take sharp, in-focus photographs in all sorts of lighting conditions.
Blur-reducing image stabilization
We've all taken a picture and had it turn out blurry because our hands moved a little while we were capturing the shot. Image stabilization works around this problem. Built-in motion sensors steer a special set of optical elements inside the lens, neatly compensating for camera movement and stabilizing the image. You get much sharper pictures — even in low-light conditions where hand motion can easily cause blurred images with a regular lens. Image-stabilizing lenses are much loved by photographers who don't like to carry along a tripod on every excursion, but who require crisp photos as a matter of course.
From landscapes to closeups
High-tech image stabilization isn't the only advantage provided by this lens. There's also its wide-angle picture-taking capability — great for capturing panoramic landscapes, or snapping large group shots of folks in tight quarters. Plus, its telephoto zoom lets you zero in on distant subjects with ease. It even excels at taking precise close ups of objects as near as 18 inches.
- EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 29-320mm
- compatible with Canon APS-C image sensor digital SLR cameras including the EOS 40D, 50D, Rebel XS, Rebel XSi, Digital Rebel XT, and Digital Rebel XTi
- optical image stabilization allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to four stops slower shutter speed)
- contains two UD (ultra-low dispersion) and two aspherical lens elements for accurate, high-contrast images
- minimum focus distance: 17-3/4 inches
- minimum aperture: f/22 (wide), f/36 (telephoto)
- constructed of 16 elements in 12 groups
- filter size: 72mm
- lens is 4-7/16" long, 3-1/8" in diameter
- weight: 21 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Convenient Telephoto Power
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Perfect lens for us! We needed a telephoto lens that was simple to use and also took great shots at the closer range, since we hate switching lenses. The bonus feature is auto-stabilization--absolutely saved many shots that we could not have captured otherwise, lacking a tripod. We love this lens!
Pros: Beautiful, smooth operations. Logical button/switch placement. Trouble-free lens swapping (if you have to--we did only rarely). The proof is in the great zoom photographs.
Cons: At the closest range, it is not a super-wide angle lens. Just normal, same as the stock lens that came with my Rebel T1 kit. So if you need super-wide angle and zoom in one lens, this isn't the one.
What's in the box?
- EFS 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens
- Lens cap (installed)
- Back cover (installed)
- Warranty/Registration card
- Instruction booklet
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Compatibility: The Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens can be used only with select Canon EOS digital SLR cameras that are compatible with EF-S lenses, including the Digital Rebel series. (See list of compatible cameras below.)
Standard Zoom Design: This standard zoom lens' focal range gives you versatile wide-angle and telephoto shooting options. It features a wide focal length range equivalent to 29-320mm in the 35mm format.
Lens Lock: The zoom ring can be fixed to keep the lens at the shortest point. This keeps the lens from extending when you to carry the camera on a strap.
Optical Image Stabilizer: The lens features an Optical Image Stabilizer for up to 4-stops of effective correction even at full zoom. Since the Optical Image Stabilizer system is in the lens, not in the camera, you can see the stabilized, steadier images through the viewfinder. The Stabilizer switch is located on the barrel of the lens.
Auto/Manual Focus Modes: To shoot in Auto Focus mode, you must set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF." The Auto Focus adjustment is gear-driven by a DC monitor. To manually focus the camera, you must set the switch to "MF," and focus by turning the focusing ring. The AF/MF switch is located on the barrel of the lens.
Optional Accessories (available from Canon): You can attach optional filters (72 mm) to the filter mounting thread on the front of the lens. You can also use the optional EF 12 II and EF 25 II extension tubes. The following accessories are also available:
- Lens Hood: The EW-78D hood can keep unwanted light out of the lens and also protects the front of the lens from rain, snow, and dust.
- Close-up Lens: With the optional 500D (72mm) close-up lens, you can take close-up pictures at a magnification of 0.39x to 0.04x.
- Filters: You can add the optional 72mm UV protector filter or the 72mm Circular Polarizer filter to this lens. In addition, with the use of an optional gelatin filter holder, you can add various gelatin filters for creating special effects.
Compatible Cameras: The lens is compatible with the following cameras:
- EOS 50D
- EOS 40D
- EOS 30D
- EOS 20D
- EOS 20Da
- EOS Digital Rebel XS/1000D
- EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D
- EOS Digital Rebel XTi/400D Digital
- EOS Digital Rebel XT/350D Digital
- EOS Digital Rebel/300D Digital
- Focal Length/Aperture: 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 12 groups
- Minimum Aperture:
- f/22-36 (applies to 1/3-stop increments)
- f/22-38 (applies to 1/2-stop increments)
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 74º 20' - 7º 50'
- Vertical: 45º 30' - 4º 20'
- Horizontal: 64º 30' - 6º 30'
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.35 m/1.2'
- Magnification: 0.24x (at 200 mm)
- Field of View: approximately 291 x 452 mm - 62 x 93 mm / 11.5" x 17.8"- 2.4" x 3.7"
- Filter Diameter: 72 mm/2.8"
- Dimensions: Diameter: 3.077", Length=4.4" - 6.79" (w/o caps), 4.854" - 7.25" (w/caps)
- Weight: 595 g/21.0 oz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.