Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Even if your Canon PowerShot camera has a built-in flash, it may not be strong enough to reach more distant subjects for well lit photos. So give it a helping hand with Canon's high-power add on flash. This handy little device attaches to your cam using the included bracket, and provides up to double the illumination range of you camera's built-in flash. It's automatically triggered by your camera's flash so there are no wires to attach, making it extra-easy to use.
- compatible with all Canon PowerShot digital cameras
- delivers up to double the range of the camera's built-in flash
- three-way control to adjust flash intensity
- camera mounting bracket included
- uses disposable 3 Volt lithium battery (included)
- cloth storage pouch included
- weight: 3.4oz. (with bracket)
- 1-13/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 1-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Canon HF-DC1 Reviews
What's in the box?
- External flash
- Mounting bracket
- CR123A 3V lithium battery
- Cloth drawstring pouch
- User Guide
Compatibility: The Canon High-Power External Flash (HF-DC1) is intended for use as an attachable supplementary flash for Canon PowerShot series and Digital IXUS series digital cameras.
High-Power Flash: Photographic subjects that are too distant for your Canon PowerShot series camera's built-in flash to illuminate can be captured in sharp detail using the Canon HF-DC1 high-power external flash.
Flash Range: The range of the flash is approximately twice the size of the range for your Canon camera's built-in flash.
Note: The actual range will vary according to such factors as the camera lens brightness (f/ number), the zoom setting, and the ISO sensitivity setting.
Controls: The Canon HF-DC1 provides the following control switches.
- Operation Mode: The Operation Mode switch lets you select between Manual, Auto, and Off mode. In Auto mode, the flash automatically fires and compensates for the illumination of the camera's built-in flash. In Manual mode, the flash only fires and compensates for the illumination of the camera's built-in flash while the pilot lamp is pressed.
- Flash Intensity: You can adjust the high-power flash's intensity to Minimum, Medium, or Maximum.
Tripod Attachment: Your Canon PowerShot series digital camera can still be attached to a tripod with this high-power flash installed, thanks to the included mounting bracket.
Installation: Install the HF-DC1, using the included mounting bracket, so that the flash is up against the side of the camera and parallel with the camera's front-panel.
Note: Subjects will not be properly illuminated if the flash is misaligned.
Battery Powered: The Canon HF-DC1 high-power external flash operates on a single CR123A 3V lithium battery (included). The flash may take up to approximately 7.5 seconds to charge (on a new battery). The unit's pilot lamp will light red when the flash is charged.
Note: The battery charge is depleted if the HF-DC1's pilot lamp fails to light more than 10 seconds after the power/mode switch is set to an operating position.
|Flash Cycles (Battery Life)||250x or more (with the intensity switch set to Max.)|
|Flash Interval||7.5 seconds or less (with a new battery)|
|Angle of Coverage||Covers a 28mm (35mm film equivalent) angle of field|
|Battery||CR123A or DL123 lithium battery|
|Weight||3.4 oz (with bracket)|