Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Use Canon's versatile PIXMA MP560 to print colorful, long-lasting photos and crisp text documents from anywhere in your home or office. This versatile all-in-one printer features built-in Wi-Fi®, so multiple users on a wireless PC network can enjoy easy access. You can also hook it up to your wired network via the Ethernet port. And it's more than just a printer the MP560 makes quick work of all your scanning and copying tasks, too.
Easy image transfer
Printing your photos is a snap. You can connect most newer digital cameras directly to the MP560's front-panel USB port. Or, just pop your camera's memory card into its built-in card reader. Select the photos you'd like to print with the help of the printer's 2" color LCD viewscreen. You'll get vivid 4" x 6" borderless photos in as little as 39 seconds. Or delight your friends and family with beautifully detailed 8-1/2" x 11" prints created just for them. You can also hook the MP560 up to any computer with a USB port for printing pictures and text documents.
Convenient, economical printing
The MP560's built-in auto duplex printing lets you produce two-sided documents hands-free you'll save paper and money at the same time. Five individual ink tanks let you replace just the color you're low on, instead of replacing your entire ink cartridge. And you get two different paper trays one for regular paper, and one for photo paper. That way, you don't have to swap out your paper when you switch from text to photo printing.
High-quality scanning and copying
This printer boasts a very capable built-in flatbed scanner, as well. You get high-resolution color scans of photos and graphics, along with clean, detailed scans of text documents. It's a great copier, too. Reproductions are sharp and accurate, and you have options such as Fit-to-Page, magnification, reduction, and more.
- print resolution: 600 x 600 dpi black; 9600 x 2400 dpi color
- print speed:
- text documents: 9.2 images per minute in black; 6 images per minute color (measured using international printing standards)
- photos: 4" x 6" prints in approximately 39 seconds
- optical resolution: 2400 x 4800 dpi (19,200 x 19,200 dpi interpolated)
- color depth: 48-bit internal; 24-bit external
- maximum document size: 8-1/2" x 11-11/16"
- automatic ratios (fit-to-page): automatic reduction or enlargement of the image to fit the size of paper
- reduction/enlargement: 25-400%
- wireless printing through a Wi-Fi® computer network (includes support for IEEE 802.11b and g standards)
- Ethernet port for connecting multiple users in a wired computer network
- wireless Bluetooth® printing with optional Canon BU-30 adapter
- Easy-Scroll Wheel for simplified operation
- 2" color LCD screen for previewing photos
- Quick Start function
- built-in card reader accepts most types of memory cards
- direct photo printing with most newer digital cameras
- automatic two-sided printing for saving paper
- dual paper trays
- 5-ink system with individually replaceable ink tanks
- Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) 2,368-nozzle print head
- 1-picoliter sized ink droplets for extra-fine detail
- ChromaLife 100+ inks for long-lasting photos
- paper sizes: letter (8-1/2" x 11"), legal, 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x10", #10 envelope, photo stickers
- high-speed USB interface
- Energy Star qualified
- 17-13/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 14-3/8"D
- weight: 17.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 5 ink tanks (2 black; 1 each cyan, magenta, yellow)
- AC power cord
- photo paper sample paper pack
- software CD-ROM (Windows® and Mac®)
Canon PIXMA MP560 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great printer---works well---excellent value!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is a great printer. Very reasonably priced, picture quality is unbelievable. Printing text out in black is a flash. Also very fast shipping from Crutchfield.
What's in the box?
- PIXMA MP560 All-In-One Photo Printer
- 6' AC power cord
- PGI-220BK Black ink tank
- CLI-221BK Black ink tank
- CLI-221Y Yellow ink tank
- CLI-221M Magenta ink tank
- CLI-221C Cyan ink tank
- Getting Started booklet
- PIXMA MP560 Setup CD-ROM Ver.U1.0
- Warranty sheet
- Network Setup Troubleshooting booklet
- Important Notice (Eng/Fre/Span/Port)
- Safety Precautions booklet
- Canon eStore brochure
- PP-201 Photo Paper Plus Glossy II sample pack
- Graphic instruction sheet on inserting ink cartridges and print head (2)
- "Proper handling of the print head and ink tanks" sheet
- Important Notice on loading paper
Product Overview: The Canon MP560 is an all-in-one machine for your home office that allows you to quickly print high quality photos and text, copy important documents, and scan photos or forms. You can print directly from memory cards, PictBridge-equipped digital cameras, and Bluetooth-equipped camera phones (with optional adapter). In addition, you can print wirelessly from anywhere in your home via WiFi (with a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g capability).
ChromaLife 100+: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology (see below) with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
Wireless Printing: The Canon MP560 can print wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer, even from another room. Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. In addition, with the optional BU-30 Bluetooth interface, you can print from a Bluetooth-enabled device, such as a computer or mobile phone.
Resolution: Canon's Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a 2,368 precision nozzle print head that ejects precise, consistent droplets as small as 1 picoliter. The print head has 320 nozzles for pigment black, 256 nozzles each for yellow and dye black, and 768 each for cyan and magenta. The MP560 produces an amazing resolution of up to 9600 x 2400 dpi for color and 600 x 600 dpi for black, for remarkable detail and clarity. The printer uses the following ink cartridges:
- PG-220BK Black pigment
- CLI-221Y Yellow
- CLI-221C Cyan
- CLI-221M Magenta
- CLI-221BK Black dye
Print Sizes: The MP560 can make various sizes of bordered or borderless photos. It can print using the following paper sizes: Letter, Legal, 4"x 6", 5"x 7", 8"x 10" and #10 envelopes. Paper options include plain paper, plus multiple types of photo paper, cards, and photo stickers.
Dual Paper Sources: You can load paper from the front cassette or rear tray, allowing you to load different types of paper (photo paper and plain paper) at the same time.
Auto Duplex Printing: The MP560 features can print 2-sided documents without having to manually flip the paper over.
Print Speeds: The printer has the following print speeds:
- Black Text: up to 9.2 ipm (letter sized images-per-minute)
- Color Text: up to 6.0 ipm
- 4" x 6" Borderless Photo: approximately 39 seconds
- 8" x 10" Image: approximately 85 seconds
USB and PictBridge Ports: The printer has a USB 2.0 High Speed (female Type B connector) interface for connecting the printer to your computer. There is also an easily accessible USB Type A port on the front panel for direct printing from your PictBridge-compatible digital camera or USB memory device.
Memory Card Slots: There are three memory card slots behind a door on the front panel for inserting memory cards from your digital camera or mobile phone. Compatible memory cards include:
- Direct Plug-in:
- CompactFlash (Type I and II)
- SD Memory Card, SDHC
- MultiMediaCard, MMC+
- Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo
- Adapter Required:
- miniSD, miniSDHC
- microSD, microSDHC
- Memory Stick Micro
- xD-Picture Card (including Types M and H)
Operation Panel: The MP560 has a convenient operation panel on the top front of the printer. You can check the status of the unit on the 2.0" LCD screen.
Auto Photo Fix II: The Auto Photo Fix II software, built right into the printer, automatically categorizes your images into one of five types: Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery. The printer then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction, so unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area. Faces that are backlit and underexposed are automatically brightened with the correct color cast to ensure more accurate skin tones.
Overview: The MP560 allows you to produce impressive 2400 x 4800 dpi scans with vibrant 48-bit color depth of photographs and documents to a computer. The images can be saved as JPEG, TIFF, bitmap, or PDF files. Scanned data on your computer can be processed using image processing software. You can copy/scan thick originals without a problem. You can also use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to convert scanned paper documents to text data. The maximum size paper that can be scanned is 8.5" x 11.7".
Auto Scan Mode: The Auto Scan mode automatically recognizes the type of original you are scanning, and saves it with the appropriate settings.
Optical Resolution: 2400 x 4800 dpi (19,200 x 19,200 dpi interpolated)
Overview: The MP560 is also a copy machine, allowing you to make color or black and white copies. You can make up to 99 copies of an original.
Smart Copying: Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology (DCGPT) automatically optimizes copy quality based on the type of originals you are copying.
Copy Settings: You can change the copy settings such as the reduction/enlargement, intensity, page size, and image quality.
Changing Size of Copy: You can reduce or enlarge the copies using four different methods:
- Same Magnification: copies in the same size as the original
- Preset Copy Ratios: you can select one of the preset ratios
- Custom Copy Ratios (Zoom): you can specify the copy ratio as a percentage to reduce or enlarge copies (1% increments from 25 to 400%)
- Automatic Ratios (Fit-to-Page): the machine automatically reduces or enlarges the image to fit the size of paper
Exposure (Intensity): This feature is the degree of difference between light and dark. Increasing the exposure setting further blackens dark area and brightens white areas. Conversely, decreasing the exposure setting reduces the difference between bright and dark areas. You can adjust the exposure between nine gradations, or select Auto Intensity.
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows/Macintosh): You can quickly and easily print borderless photos just by choosing the picture and paper type. This program also offers red eye correction, will smooth facial skin tones and is compatible with ExifPrint (to transfer recording data from the camera). Note: The Windows version is included on the CD-ROM. A Macintosh version is downloadable from the Canon website.
Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows only): The included Easy-WebPrint software facilitates printing from the Internet by automatically formatting and scaling the output so that the entire page is printed even when it extends over multiple screens. This time saving and cost saving feature reduces waste and ensures that the selected pages are formatted to print properly without trimming the right-hand margin.
MP Navigator EX (Windows/Macintosh): MP Navigator enables you to easily scan in photographs, documents, image data, etc. You can save scanned image data on your computer and attach it to an e-mail. You can also print photographs and edit images using the accompanying applications. Note: When using with Macintosh, QuickTime v6.4 required.
Minimum System Requirements:
|Operating System||Vista, Vista SP1||XP SP2, SP3||2000 Professional SP4|
|Processor||1 GHz||300 MHz|
|RAM||512 MB||128 MB|
|Browser||Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
(IE 7 required for Easy-WebPrint EX)
|Hard Disk Space||750 MB for bundled software installation|
|Display||XGA 1024 x 768|
|Operating System||OS X v.10.5||OS X 10.4||OS X 10.3.9|
Power PC G5
Power PC G4
(867 MHz or faster)
Power PC G5
Power PC G4
Power PC G3
|Power PC G5
Power PC G4
Power PC G3
|RAM||512 MB||256 MB||128 MB|
|Hard Disk Space||800 MB for bundled software installation|
|Display||XGA 1024 x 768|
Front Panel: Direct Print Port: USB Type A that connects the printer to a PictBridge-compatible digital camera or camcorder. You can also print directly from a USB memory device. The optional BU-30 Bluetooth adapter plugs into the front panel USB port as well.
Right Side: USB: USB Type B that connects the printer to your computer
Left Side: Power: 2-pin jack for use with supplied AC power cord
- Document Cover Closed/Trays Not Extended: Width=17.8125", Height=6.25", Depth=14.375"
- Document Cover Open/Trays Extended: Width=17.8125", Height=17", Depth=19.625"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.