Inputs, Outputs, and Controls
The Pro9500 features the Canon 10-color pigment ink system for rich, true-to-life color reproduction.
The ten ink tanks expand the
color spectrum to a level typically achieved only by professional printers. When
a tank is empty, you replace only the empty one, not all tanks at once, saving on printing costs in the
Resolution: Canon's Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering
(FINE) uses a high-performance print head with an amazing 7,680 nozzles,
ejecting precise, consistent droplets as small as 3 picoliters. The result is
4800x2400 dpi max resolution prints producing rich images with improved
brilliancy, rivaling that of positive film.
Black & White: Using matte black, photo black, and gray ink tanks, the
Pro9500 produces professional quality black and white prints.
PictBridge: You can
connect this printer directly to any PictBridge compliant digital camera.
PictBridge is a new standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge-compliant
digital camera directly to a PictBridge-compliant printer and make prints,
regardless of brand.
Advanced Direct Print Functions:
When connected to a compatible PictBridge device (digital camera,
camcorder, or camera phone) the Pro9500 allows you operate the following functions from your camera before
printing (not all functions are available on all cameras):
- Print Size: PictBridge print sizes include 4"x6", 5"x7" (Canon
devices only), 8"x10", 8.5"x11", 11"x14" and 13" x 19"
- Paper Type: photo, semi-gloss (Canon devices only), fine art
(bordered prints only), and plain (8.5" x 11" only); paper type options vary
with print size
- Bordered or borderless
- Print Exif image data along with picture(s)
- Contact print layout, 35mm film style
- Index print
- Print date or file number
- Optimize image using Exif data
- Trim: select the area of the picture to be printed
- Additional options for compatible Canon source devices:
- Vivid: prints green and blue more vividly
- NR (Noise Reduction): reduce noise in blue and dark areas in the
- Vivid & NR: combination of both features
- Face: corrects the contrast of backlit subjects
- Red-Eye: correct red eyes
in images caused by camera flashes
- Color Mode Setting: using certain Canon SLR cameras you can select
one of the following color modes - Natural, Natural M, B/W, Cool Tone, or Warm
Dual Paper Path: The Pro9500 has two paper sources. The top loading auto feeder tray will hold up to
150 sheets of 17 lb plain paper (fewer if the paper is heavier or using photo
paper). The front tray is used for larger or heavier paper and is fed one sheet
at a time. Select which source feeds the printer with the Front Feed button on the front of the
Print Sizes: The Pro9500 can
print on various standard paper sizes:
- Letter: 8.5" x 11"
- Legal: 8.5" x 14"
- Tabloid: 11" x 17"
- A5: 5.83" x 8.27"
- A4: 8.27" x 11.69"
- A3: 11.69" x 16.54"
- A3+: 13" x 19"
- B5: 7.17" x 10.12"
- B4: 10.12" x 14.33"
- 4" x 6"
- 4" x 8"
- 5" x 7"
- 8" x 10"
- 10" x 12"
- 14" x 17" (front tray only)
- L: 3.5" x 5" (auto feeder only)
- 2L: 5" x 7.01"
- Hagaki: 3.94" x 5.83"
- Hagaki 2: 7.87" x 5.83"
- Art Letter (Margin 35): 8.5" x 11"
- Art A4 (Margin 35): 8.27" x 11.69"
- Art A3 (Margin 35): 11.69" x 16.54"
- Art A3+ (Margin 35): 12.95" x 19.02"
Non-Standard Paper Sizes: Non-standard paper sizes can also be used;
from 3.50" x 4.72" to 12.95" x 23" in the auto feeder and from 3.94" x 5.83" to
14" x 23" in the front tray.
Paper Type: Other than plain
from 17 to 28 lb weight, these standard media are compatible:
- Matte photo paper: MP-101
- Photo paper plus glossy: PP-101
- Photo paper plus semi-gloss: SG-201
- Fine Art Paper:
- Museum Etching: FA-ME1
- Photo Rag: FA-PR1
- Premium Matte: FA-PM1
- Photo Stickers: PS-101
Media to avoid:
- Too Thin:
- Auto Feeder: less than 64 gsm/17 lb
- Front Tray: less than 0.1mm/4 mil
- Too Thick:
- Auto Feeder: more than 105 gsm/28 lb (select art paper up to 200
- Front Tray: more than 1.2mm/47 mil
- Picture postcards
- Postcards affixed with photos or stickers
- Any paper with holes
- Non-rectangular paper
- Bound paper: staples or glue
- Adhesive covered paper
- Decorated paper: glitter, etc
- These Canon papers:
- High resolution paper: HR-101N
- Glossy photo paper: GP-401/501
- Photo Paper Glossy: GP-502
- Photo Paper Plus Double Sided: PP-101
- Photo paper pro: PR-101
- Transparencies: CF-102
- T-Shirt transfers: TR-301
Speed: A photo lab quality 11'' x 14" color photo can be
printed (on 13" x 19" paper) in approximately 4 minutes, an 8" x 10" borderless
print in approximately 2 minutes 7 seconds. The USB Hi-Speed interface enables fast data transfers
from your computer, reducing total print time.
Printing Methods: The Pro9500
offers various printing methods for your convenience.
- Borderless Printing: print data without any margin by enlarging
the data so that it extends slightly off the paper
- Fit-To Page Printing: enlarges or reduces the document or photo to
fit the size of the paper being used
- Scaled Printing: specify a scaling value and print a document or photo
with pages enlarged or reduced to match the paper size being used
- Page Layout Printing: print more than one page image
on a single sheet of paper
- Poster Printing: enlarge
and split an image across several sheets of paper, the printed sheets
can then be assembled to make a larger poster
- Booklet Printing: a multi-page
document is printed so that two pages of the document fit on each printed page,
the print order is set automatically; after the document is printed, you can
create a booklet by folding the pages and saddle-stitching the binding
- Duplex Printing: print data on both sides of a sheet
- Stamp/Background Printing: print a stamp text or a bitmap
(Windows XP, Windows 2000) over or behind document data, the background
printing function allows you to print a light illustration behind the
- Display Results: show print results on your computer monitor
before printing using the printer driver setup window
Print Quality and Image Data
Adjustments: The Pro9500 allows you to make the following adjustments
to your documents and photos:
- Print Quality: select High or Standard
- Halftoning Method: halftones refer to color shades between the darkest color and the brightest
color, the printer replaces the color shades with a collection of small dots
to express the halftones; select from the following Halftoning
- Dither: arranges the
dots according to fixed rules to express the halftones
- Diffusion: places the
dots randomly to express the halftones
- Auto: data is printed
with the optimal halftoning method for the selected print quality
- Monochrome: adjust the grayscale so you are printing a monochrome print
- Tone: when printing in black & white, set tone to cool, standard,
- Color Correction: specifies the color adjustment method that matches the type of
document to be printed; suitable for printing sRGB data
- Color Balance: adjusts the color tints during printing, since this function
adjusts the output by changing the ink ratios of each color, it changes the
color hues of the entire document
dilutes (brightens) or intensifies (darkens) the colors of the overall image
data during printing
changes the differences between light and dark in images during printing
changes the overall brightness of the image data you wish to print
- Simulating an Illustration: print full-color or 256-color image
data so that it looks like a hand-drawn illustration, this function adds
different effects to the original profile and colors
- Single Color: select your
monochrome photo be printed in one of the following colors - Sepia, Blue, Pink,
Green, or customize using the Select Color feature
- Vivid Color: print image data with vivid colors, specifically
green and blue, while skin tones remain natural
- Smoothing Jagged Outlines: smooth jagged outlines in photos and
graphics that have been enlarged with your application,
especially useful when printing low-resolution images from Web pages
- Color Properties: the Photo Optimizer
Pro function allows you to adjust colors of images input from a digital
camera or scanner; compensates for color shift, overexposure
- Photo Noise Reduction: reduce the digital camera noise and
improve the images quality of the digital print
Gray Scale: This printer allows you to
print full-color digital photos in grayscale. The printer uses black and gray
ink for grayscale printing together with the minimum amount of color ink
required. This prevents color inconsistency in grayscale photos.
Ink Level: You can confirm the ink level in each ink tank through the
ink lamps. Open the top cover of the printer to see how the ink lamps light or
flash. The ink lamp flashes slowly (at about a 3 second interval) when Ink is
low. The ink lamp flashes quickly (at about a 1 second interval) and the Alarm
lamp on the printer flashes orange when the Ink is out.
Canon Setup Utility (Windows/Macintosh): Pre-specify the type and size
of media to be printed on from a PictBridge-compatible device without operating
your PC (printer driver).
Canon IJ Printer Driver (Windows): Software to drive this specific
(Windows/Macintosh): You can print digital camera photos by utilizing their
source color space to the fullest extent. It also supports Adobe RGB so you can
even reproduce a photo of the ocean or green leaves vividly.
Minimum System Requirements:
||Hard Disk Space
|Windows Vista, XP (Service pack 1
Windows 2000 Professional (Service pack 2, 3, or 4)
|Pentium II 300MHz
|Mac OS X v10.4
|Mac OS X v10.2.8-v10.3
Inputs, Outputs, and Controls
Back Panel of Printer:
- Power cord connection: jack
for use with supplied AC cord
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: USB-Type
B Hi-Speed port connects to your PC
- Rear Support: receives printed documents fed into the front tray
- Power: on/off
- Resume/Cancel: resume printing after correcting a problem
- Front Feed: engage the front tray paper feed
- Direct Print Port: USB-Type A connector used to connect the printer to a compatible digital camera or camcorder.
- Front Tray: for larger and heavier paper, feed one sheet at a
time; also receives printed documents fed into the auto feeder
- Auto Sheet Feeder: for paper you regularly use, holds up to 150
Front tray and rear support closed:
- Width: 25.9375"
- Height: 7.530"
- Depth: 13.922"
Front tray, auto feeder paper support, and rear paper support open and
- Width: 25.9375"
- Height: 15.065"
- Depth: 35.761"