Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Connect this powerful wired remote control to a compatible Canon camera through the LANC terminal and take control of the camera's critical shooting functions. The zoom control has both a variable-speed mode and a constant-speed mode with selectable zoom speeds. Switch between manual and autofocus and update focus with the push of a button. Check your exposure with the peaking on/off display. And finally, toggle your recording on or off without touching your locked-down camera no more shakes or shimmies. This accessory is a must-have for anyone wanting to deliver professional footage that industry insiders demand.
- wired remote controls start/stop, zoom, focus, autofocus and auto-exposure
- push button to update autofocus
- auto/manual focus switch
- camera data screen on/off switch
- exposure peaking display switch
- zooms can be variable or constant speed
- mounts on commonly used tripod arms
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Canon ZR-2000 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The rating is for the entire package provided by the company. It provides a product that works -- but it is made of plastic, which makes it prone to breaking with hard use, has fewer buttons than a television remote control, and costs this much. In other words, they know that if you want this and the functions it provides, you'll pay whatever they charge -- unless you want to settle for the a little less expensive, but not as functional, generic substitute. So this rating is based on the fact that the company is shamelessly overcharging for something it probably costs them $5.00 to produce.
Pros: It works so far. Crutchfield was great as purchase experience.
Cons: Plastic Will probably break with any stress OVERPRICED. WAY OVERPRICED.
What's in the box?
- ZR-2000 Zoom Remote Controller with attached 9.75' cable (with right angle 2.5mm sub-mini plug)
- Self-adhesive rubber pad
- Warranty sheet
Overview: The Canon ZR-2000 Zoom Remote Controller connects to the LANC terminal of select Canon Professional High Definition camcorders. It allows you to control several functions, such as starting and stopping recording, zoom, and focus functions, without touching the camcorder. This is particularly useful when the camcorder is mounted on a tripod, and you want to ensure maximum stability of the shot. The ZR-2000 has a 9.75' cable with a right-angled 2.5mm sub-mini connection plug.
Functions: Some of the functions that can be controlled include:
- Zoom Speed: Using the rotary dial, you can set the zoom speed from a fixed speed of 1 (slowest) to 16 (fastest), or to a variable speed (slight press for slow zoom, firm press for fast zoom).
- Standby: Press the standby button for more than 2 seconds to partially turn off the camcorder and enter the Power Save mode.
- On Screen: Press the On Screen button to switch between Camera Mode (hides displays that appear on the monitor) and VCR Mode (on-screen displays during playback)
- Push AF: While the camcorder is in Manual Focus, you can push and hold the button to override the manual focus momentarily and activate the Auto Focus.
- Focus Selector: A two-way switch lets you select the focus mode: Manual or AutoFocus.
- Focus/AE Shift: A two-way switch lets you select the operation of the side-mounted rotary control: AE Shift or Focus
- Peaking: A button that turns on/off the Peaking Display function to make manual focusing easier by emphasizing the outlines of the subject.
- Start/Stop Button: A red button that lets you start and stop recording.
- Magnifying: A button that activates the Magnifying display function to make manual focusing easier. The center of the screen is magnified approximately 2x when activated.
- Zoom Lever: A two-way rocker switch that lets you zoom in (telephoto) or zoom out (wide-angle). (Speed is set with the Zoom Speed dial)
- Focus/AE Shift Dial: The side-mounted rotary dial that lets you vary the focus or the AE level
Tripod Fitting: The ZR-2000 can be mounted onto a tripod pan/tilt handle