Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
A 4K TV loaded with "firsts"
The LC-70UD1U is Sharp's first Ultra High Definition TV. It's also the world's first 70" 4K TV, and the first to earn THX® 4K certification. Getting THX certified has never been easy, but to be 4K-certified, the LC-70UD1U had to pass over 400 rigorous laboratory tests for both HD and 4K picture quality.
Watching movies, sports, or just your favorite shows — in 2D or 3D — on a screen this large and detailed is much more intense and immersive than what we're used to. The sheer visual impact is similar to what you experience with a projector system. But projectors will only truly look their best with the lights off, while the LC-70UD1U's edge-lit LED backlight produces a crisp, bright picture in virtually any room lighting.
Sharp's Revelation 4K Upscaler
If you've been looking at 4K TVs you're probably already aware that there's very little true or "native" 4K content available. And until the content catches up with the hardware, owners of Ultra HD TVs will be relying on their TV's ability to upconvert HD and other video formats to 4K. Sharp's Revelation 4K Upscaler takes a two-step approach to this critical task. First, a dual-core processor fine-tunes the original signal for optimal picture quality, removing as much digital noise and other artifacts as possible. Next, the upscaler analyzes and intelligently enhances the signal to create a 4K (3840 x 2160-pixel) image.
The sophistication of Sharp's upscaler proved itself in THX's exacting tests. Basic qualities like color performance and motion processing received intense scrutiny. And when it came to analyzing image detail for movies, THX's battery of tests made certain that essential film elements such as grain and texture weren't "smoothed over." Sharp's unique Integrative Cognitive Creation (ICC) technology is able to reconstruct images that look more realistic than other upconverted pictures.
The woofer module of Sharp's built-in DuoBass speaker system.
The sound is more detailed, too
With a picture this big and spectacular, you'll probably be using the LC-70UD1U with a high-quality surround sound system. But if you're not, you'll be happy to know that Sharp put some serious effort into this TV's sound capabilities. The 6-speaker system includes separate midrange drivers and tweeters for the right and left channels, along with Sharp's dual-woofer DuoBass system.
This is one Smart TV
The LC-70UD1U has features and capabilities that are similar to other Wi-Fi-equipped Smart TVs, plus a couple of cool extras. Sharp's intuitive SmartCentral™ interface lets you quickly connect to your home's network for more entertainment choices. Stream movies and TV shows from Netflix®, indulge in video snacking at YouTube®, and keep the music flowing with Rhapsody® and Pandora® Internet radio. Here's a feature we haven't seen before: the ability to display a split-screen view with a video source and web streaming. Makes it easy to surf the web while you watch TV.
- 69.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen, metallic black finish and arc stand
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- Ultra High Definition TV with 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- THX® 4K-certified TV passed over 400 laboratory tests to meet the highest picture quality standards for HD and 4K
- 3D TV (includes 2 pairs of active 3D glasses)
- AquoMotion 240 blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning)
- Wallpaper Mode lets you display pre-installed artwork or your own photos in an elegant 4K picture frame
- Internet-ready Smart TV with built-in web browser
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- dual-core processor for improved web browsing and app multitasking
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- Sharp Beam Wi-Fi mirroring send content wirelessly from a compatible smartphone to this TV
- MHL-compatible HDMI input for viewing photos/videos from a compatible smartphone on the TV's screen
- Skype-compatible (requires Sharp camera sold separately)
- 6-speaker DuoBass audio system (10 watts x 2 plus 15 watts for woofer)
- multibrand remote control
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
Connections and Dimensions:
- 7 A/V inputs, including:
- 4 HDMI (HDMI inputs are not HDCP 2.2-compliant and will not support copy-protected 4K video content)
- 1 component video
- 2 composite video
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output (may only pass 2-channel audio from HDMI-connected sources)
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or home stereo system
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 27-9/16"W x 14-3/4"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 62-1/8"W x 37-7/16"H x 4-1/2"D (39-1/4"H x 14-3/4"D on stand)
- weight: 121.3 lbs. with stand; 103.6 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
4K Ultra High Definition — watch it, play it, stream it
Movie theaters have switched to 4K projectors in recent years, and now you can enjoy amazing 4K picture quality at home. Ultra HD TVs with 4K resolution offer four times the detail of 1080p HDTVs. Some major TV makers offer media players so you can download and watch true 4K content for the best possible picture. Netflix® is already streaming some of their content in 4K, and other services plan to offer 4K video later this year.
Sharp LC-70UD1U Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Very impressed with picture quality
Pros: Ease of set-up, perfect picture
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
great picture, not as smart as I would like it to be, great size tv for a great price, easy to setup
Sharp 70 inch 4k
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great tv. Too many features to list and all are incredible. Speakers are really good but a surround sound is still necessary. Easy install and pretty simple use. I would recommends this tv to other 4k enthusiasts.
Pros: Largest 4k between the 65 and 80 plus sizes. Great picture quality and ease of use.
Cons: Big subwoofer speaker doesn't allow for a flat wall mount. I had to use the extended screws and spacers and still one side of the bottom securing fixture will not clinch properly. For this price I think four sets of 3D glasses would be more appropriate.
What's in the box?
- 70" LED-LCD TV
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal guide
- Remote control (GB105WJSA)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Stand cover
- Four M6 x 20mm screws (flat-/lock-washers installed) Four M5 x 14mm screws (flat-/lock-washers installed)
- Two M4 x 8mm screws
- 2 Active 3D glasses (AN-3DG40)
- 2 Nose-pieces
- 2 Cloth pouches
- 2 Cleaning cloths
- Operation Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Connection Guide
- Important Information
- Product Registration Card
- Sharp Customer Support contact information
Features and Specs
4K Ultra-HD LED Panel: 4K Ultra-HD is four times the pixel resolution of Full HD 1080p. Full HD has 2 million dots, or pixels (this means 1920 pixels wide x 1080 pixels tall). 4K has 8 million pixels (3840 wide x 2160 tall). So for every pixel on a full HDTV, there are four smaller pixels on a 4K TV. Four 4x more pixels, even the smallest details in a picture are visible.
Revelation 4K Upscaler: Sharp's proprietary built-in Revelation 4K Upscaler creates a 4K (3840 x 2160) signal from any source, making the picture clearer and sharper, with more depth. Here's how it works; first, the dual-core processor fine-tunes the original signal for optimal picture quality in real-time. Any imperfections such as digital noise or artifacts are reduced to a minimum. Second, the upconverter chip interpolates the content to automatically populate for 4K pixel resolution by using a variety of specially programmed algorithms, including color conversion and contrast control.
THX 4K Certified: In earning the first THX 4K certification, the AQUOS 4K Ultra-HD LED-LCD TV passed over 400 rigorous tests covering 1000 data points, meeting the highest standards in picture performance; including screen uniformity, color performance, and motion processing. To the discerning consumer, THX 4K certfication is an assurance that the television is truly cinema quality.
120Hz Refresh Rate + AquoMotion 240: A 120Hz refresh rate delivers crystal-clear images even during fast-motion scenes AquoMotion 240, Sharp's backlight scanning technology, doubles the effective refresh rate for even clearer fast-motion picture quality.
Video Inputs: The Sharp ultra high-definition LED-LCD TV features HDMI (v.1.4), Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI (v.1.4): The four HDMI inputs will accept 4K, 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i video signals. The HDMI inputs can be used to connect a Blu-ray/DVD player, satellite/cable box, Game console, and a MHL-compatible smartphone (HDMI 4 only). Any HDMI can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. The HDMI jacks also support Deep Color, x.v.Color, and 3D content. The HDMI 1 input is ARC compatible. Even though the television's HDMI inputs are 4K compatible, they do not support the latest HDCP 2.2 copyright protection for 4K ultra-HD content, so it will not support 4K content from satellite/cable providers and Blu-ray disc which are copyright protected with HDCP 2.2.
- Component Video Input: The TV's single Component Video input will accept 1080p (60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
- Composite Video Inputs: The television is fitted with two composite video inputs which accept 480i only.
Note: The TV features a RF-coaxial input and has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
MHL Compatible: The HDMI 4 input is MHL compatible and designed for the connection of select mobile phones and other portable electronic devices. Simply plug your MHL compatible smartphone into the TV's HDMI 4 port using the HDMI cable that is included with your mobile phone. MHL allows you to display full 1080p video and still images on the Sharp TV from your mobile smartphone. The TV's IR remote can be used to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Stop Fast Forward/Rewind, and Menu navigation). Your MHL compliant device will also charge while connected to the TV's HDMI 4 port. To find MHL-certified devices, go to www.mhlconsortium.org.
AQUOS Quattron 3D Technology (with included 3D glasses): You can use the included active 3D glasses to watch 3D-supported content (such as movies, games, or sporting events) from a 3D-ready Blu-ray player, gaming system, or satellite receiver (via HDMI) on this LED-LCD HDTV. The TV's LCD panel offers superb high-speed response and high-precision lighting control of backlights to achieve 3D images with greatly reduced crosstalk. The Sharp LED-LCD TV employs a 3D Brightness Boost feature to increase the brightness of the screen when viewing a 3D image. You can have the TV automatically adjust the 3D depth control or adjust this feature manually. The Sharp LED-LCD TV offers various 3D and 2D display modes.
- 3D Modes (using 3D glasses): The Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV
provides the following 3D viewing modes when wearing the included 3D
- 2D to 3D: converts normal 2D images into 3D images; you can adjust the 3D effect when converting images from 2D mode to 3D mode (+1 to +16)
- Side-by-Side: creates 3D images from 3D images displayed side by side; the image is split into a left and right image and then the images are stretched and displayed sequentially to create a 3D image
- Top & Bottom: creates 3D images from 3D images displayed on the top and bottom; the image is split into a top and bottom image and then the images are stretched and displayed sequentially to create a 3D image
- 2D Modes (without 3D glasses): The Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD
TV provides the following 2D viewing modes when not wearing the included 3D
- Side-by-Side: creates 2D images from 3D images displayed side by side; only the left image is stretched and displayed (image does not appear in 3D)
- Top & Bottom: creates 2D images from 3D images displayed on the top and bottom; only the top image is stretched and displayed (image does not appear in 3D)
Note: The recommended viewing distance for 3D viewing is 8.5' for a 70" screen and 7.2' for a 60" screen. Not all people can experience and enjoy 3D TV. The 3D glasses are only recommended for people ages 6 and older.
View Modes: The Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV offers the following view modes to suit the current type of video signal.
- Stretch: Suitable for viewing 1.78:1 aspect-ratio HD programs. When viewing 1.85:1 programs, the stretch mode will still show very think black bands at the top and bottom of the screen.
- S. Stretch (Smart Stretch): Suitable for stretching 4:3 programs to fill the screen.
- Zoom: Suitable for viewing wide-screen 2.35:1 anamorphic DVDs in full screen.
- Side Bar: Suitable for viewing conventional 4:3 programs in their normal format.
- Dot-by-Dot (1080i/p only): Detects the resolution of the signal of the image and it will be shown on the screen with the same amount of pixels.
- Full Screen (720p only): You can select Full Screen only when receiving a 720p signal.
OPC (Optical Picture Control): Optical Picture Control automatically adjust the brightness of the screen. The Optical Picture Control (OPC) senses the surrounding light and automatically adjusts the backlight brightness. This cuts power consumption, while giving you a more comfortable picture to watch The brightness level range of the OPC sensor's automatic adjustments can be set according to your preferences. The adjustment range of the OPC sensor can be set to a maximum of +16 and a minimum of -16.
Video Modes: The Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV offers the various video modes to better suit the content you are viewing. You can choose from the following.
- Standard: For a highly defined image in normal lighting.
- Movie: For viewing movies in low light.
- Movie THX: Changes the image quality so that it conforms to the THX display standard.
- Game (Standard/High Motion): Suitable for game playing. You can configure this setting according to the type of game.
- PC: Suited for using the LED-LCD TV as a computer monitor.
- User: Allows you to customize settings for each input source. You can adjust the following; Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint, and Sharpness.
- Dynamic: For a clear-cut image emphasizing high contrast, useful for sports viewing.
- Dynamic (Fixed): Changes the image and sound settings to the factory preset values. No adjustments are allowed.
Advanced Picture Settings: The Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD television offers the following advanced picture settings for further picture enhancement and enjoyment.
- Resolution: Adjusts the fineness (resolution) of the picture in the range of 0-10.
- Focus: Adjusts the sharpness (crispness) of the picture in the range of 0-10
- Color Temperature: The television's Color Temperature control adjusts the white balance of the TV. White balance can be adjusted between a maximum of +30 and a minimum of -30 for each color temperature (R,G,B).
- Gamma Adjustment: Adjusts the differences of picture tones between bright parts and dark parts. The adjustment range of the gamma can be set to a maximum of +2 and a minimum of -2.
- Black Level: Adjust on-screen black level to your preferred level (High or Low).
- Film Mode (3:2 pull-down): Automatically detects a film-base source (originally encoded at 24 fps), analyzes it, and then recreates each still film frame for high-definition picture quality.
- DNR: Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) produces a clear video image by reducing noise artifacts.
- Monochrome: For viewing a video in monochrome.
35-Watt DuoBass Audio System: The TV's six speaker sound system, including separate mid-range and tweeters along with Sharp' proprietary DuoBass dual subwoofer system, delivers a power 35 watts with clear voices, broad dynamic range, and moderate bass.
3D Surround: The 3D Surround function produces a virtual surround effect from the television's built-in speakers. You can select from six different modes; 3D Stadium, 3D Hall, 3D Movie, 3D Standard, Normal, and Off.
Audio Settings: You can adjust the sound quality of the television's built-in speakers to your preference with the following audio settings.
- Wall Mount Audio Setup: This feature of the LED-LCD TV allows you to select the optimal audio for the television even when wall-mounted.
- Tone Control: You can adjust the Bass, Treble, and Balance of the unit's built-in stereo speakers to your preference.
- Bass Enhancer: This function allows you to enjoy bass-enhanced sound.
- Auto Volume: Different sound sources sometimes do have the same volume level, such as program and its commercial breaks. The Automatic Volume Control reduces this problem by equalizing levels.
- Clear Voice: This function emphasizes speech against background noise for greater clarity.
- Audio Only: When listening to music from a music program, you can turn the screen of and enjoy audio only.
Audio Outputs: The Sharp LED-LCD television provides an analog and digital audio output.
- Digital Audio: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, and USB ports on the LED-LCD TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI or RCA.
- Analog Audio: The television features a 3.5mm (minijack) audio output for connecting the television to an analog 2-channel receiver. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your soundbar speaker or AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminals will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs. The analog audio can be set to Fixed or Variable.
ARC (Audio Return Channel) Function: The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection, and USB port can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 1 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Network Connection w/ Dual-Core Processor: You can set up the Sharp LED-LCD TV so that it can access audio/video/photo content from your PC, a variety of online entertainment content from Samsung's Smart Central online server, and a web browser through your home network and broadband internet provider, using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n). Dual-core processing means faster load times for apps and the web browser. You'll spend less time waiting for apps and websites to load and more time enjoying all the online entertainment content the Sharp TV has to offer.
DLNA Certified: This TV is DLNA Certified; which means it can display and play movie (MPEG2/WMV/ASF/MP4/MOV/AVI), photo (JPEG), and music (MP3/LPCM) content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7 or 8 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry, and mobile device companies. DLNA provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home. This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Smart Central: Sharp's Smart Central allow you to access a variety of online services and content directly on the Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV through its network connection. Smart Central offers pay and free-of-charge instant streaming of movies, videos, music and photo album services. You also have access to social network sites, games, and a web browser. Once you have connected the Sharp TV to your home network and the internet, you can enjoy all this by simply using the TV's remote control and on-screen menu; all without a separate PC. The TV offers the following pre-installed apps and allows you to download additional apps from Vudu Apps.
- Video: Get access to premium movie and video content such as Netflix (5.1ch), Vudu HD Movies, Hulu Plus, Cinema Now, Film Fresh, & YouTube
- Music: Stream your favorite music and new music from Pandora & Rhapsody.
- Games: Play pre-installed games on the TV. Pre-installed gaming apps include - Black Jack Chess Challenge, Chewie Checkers, Dracula's Coffin, Drop Duel, Music Madness, Sudoku, Texas Hold'em.
- Social: Communicate via social network sites such as Facebook & Twitter.
- Photo: View your own web albums and friends and family web albums on Flickr & Picasa.
- Vudu Apps: Vudu Apps allows you to download additional app onto the TV for even more entertainment options. Choose from Arts & Entertainment, Gaming, Internet Culture, Music, New, Science & Technology, Sports, and Travel & Lifestyle apps.
- Web Browser (w/ Split Screen): The Sharp Smart TV features a built-in Flash and HTML5 supported Web browser that lets you search the Internet for websites by URL or Keywords. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content. Sharp's split-screen function lets you surf the web while you watch TV, so you never have to choose between your favorite show and your favorite site. Your TV program is displayed on the left side of the TV, while the web browser is displayed on the right.
Note: You can store up to 3 apps as "Favorites" for one-button access from the remote control, without having to go into the Smart Central menu.
Skype Ready: Using an external Skype camera (sold separately), the Sharp LED-LCD TV lets you make Skype video calls from the comfort of your living room. Using the TV's remote control, you can create a free Skype account, log into an existing account, and navigate via a simple Skype interface made for the big screen. You can make free Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls to friends and family, wherever they are in the world from the Sharp TV.
Dual USB Ports + SD Card Slot: The dual USB (type-A) ports and SD-Card slot enable enjoyment of video, still-image, and music files from an external USB mass storage class device or SD/SDHC memory card. Your USB mass storage class device or SD/SDHC memory card must be formatted in FAT/FAT32. In addition, the TV will charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A).
- Video Viewer: The TV supports the following video file types; AVI, DivX, H.264, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, Motion JPEG, XviD, WMV9. The TV allows you to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause/Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Skip Previous/Next) playback for compatible video files stored on a compatible USB device or SD/SDHC memory card.
- Photo Viewer: JPEG still images can be viewed in Full Screen (vertical/horizontal), thumbnail (up to 18 images), or as a slide-show (10/30/60 sec. intervals). You can select MP3 music stored on the same USB device or SD/SDHC memory card to be played in the background while displaying a slide-show.
- Music Player: The television will display your USB device or SD/SDHC memory card's stored MP3 songs on-screen. You can use the included remote to navigate your song collection.
PC Input: The PC input consists of an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack and stereo 3.5mm miniijack. The PC input allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. Any HDMI input can also be used to connect your PC to the TV. The Sharp television supports the following PC resolutions - VGA (720 x 400/640 x 480), SVGA (800 x 600), XGA (1024 x 768), WXGA (1360 x 768), SXGA (1280 x 1024), SXGA+ (1400 x 1050), UXGA (1600 x 1200), or 1080p (1920 x 1080).
Software Updates: The television's Software Update menu allows you to update the TV's software for performance improvements and additional services. Software updates can be done via a network connection or via USB. You can also set the TV to automatically check for updates when connected to the internet. Visit Sharp's website for the latest Firmware/Software updates.
Split Screen Web + TV: Sharp's split-screen experience lets you surf the web while you watch TV, so you never have to choose between your favorite show and your favorite site.
Wall Paper Mode: When the TV is turned off, Wallpaper Mode lets you display pre-installed images and still-images from a USB thumbdrive or SD/SDHC memory card on the AQUOS LED-LCD screen at a reduced light level that mirrors museum conditions, so your screen blends beautifully into your room's decor; all at extremely low power. You can set the length of time (3/6/12/24 hrs) the TV will remain in the Wallpaper mode.
Input Labels + Favorite Channels : Using the included remote control and on-screen software keyboard, you can enter up to a 10 character custom label for each input (except TV, Home Network, and USB). The TV also allows you to program 4 favorite channels, in 4 different categories. By setting the favorite channels in advance, you can select your favorite channels quicker and easier from the included remote control.
Closed Captions (Analog/Digital): The television is equipped with an internal Closed Caption decoder. It allows you to view conversations, narrations, and sound effects as subtitles on the screen. Digital Closed Caption service is a new caption service available only on digital TV programs. It is a more flexible system than the original Closed Caption system, because it allows a variety of caption sizes and font styles.
V-Chip: V-Chip is an electronic filtering device built into the Television. This tool gives parents a great degree of control over broadcasts accessed by their children. It allows parents to select programs judged suitable for child viewing while blocking ones judged not suitable. It does so automatically once you activate the V-Chip feature. The Sharp television offers an 8-level rating system for TV and movie programming protected by a 4-digit password.
Timers: The Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV offers two distinct times for added convenience.
- Game Play Time: This function displays the elapsed game time so you do lose track of the time. The elapsed time is displayed every 30 minutes.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer function allows you to set a time when the TV automatically switches to standby mode. You can set the sleep timer to 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Power Saving Features: The Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV incorporates advanced power saving features.
- Power Saving: This function allows you to set the Power Saving level in order to decrease the power consumption and increase the backlight lifespan. The Power Saving feature can be set to Standard, Advanced, or Off.
- No Signal Off: The power will automatically shut down if there is no signal for 15 minutes.
- No Operation Off: The power will automatically shut down if there is no operation for 3 hours.
AQUOS Advantage Live: AQUOS Advantage LIVE is a unique support feature that allows Sharp advisors to directly connect to your AQUOS LCD TV through the internet. This free service provides Sharp professionals with the ability to remotely assist you with TV set up, detect signal strength and inputs, and adjust picture settings. Within AQUOS Advantage LIVE you will also be able to register your TV, view important messaging about upcoming events, and software updates, and view up-to-date information about Sharp.
Multibrand Remote: The Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV comes supplied with a multibrand IR wireless remote control. In addition to operating the television, the remote can be programmed to operate Sharp and other manufacture Blu-ray/DVD players, Cable/Satellite receivers, and VCRs. The remote features a dedicated Netflix for immediate access to your Netflix movies and TV shows. Three "FAV APP" buttons allow you to store your favorite online apps for quicker access. There is also a 3D button which allows you to switch quickly between 2D & 3D viewing.
AQUOS Link: AQUOS Link enables convenient control of Sharp AQUOS Blu-ray Disc players and recorders which are connected via HDMI to the Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV, using the include remote control. AQUOS Link offers the following system controls.
- Auto Power On: While the TV is in standby mode, it automatically turns on and plays back the image from the HDMI source.
- One Touch Playback: AQUOS Link allows you operate the HDMI connected AQUOS Link compatible equipment with a single remote control.
- One Touch Recording: This function allows easy one-touch recording of the program being viewed on the TV to an AQUOS Link compatible recorder.
- Audio System Control: You can control the volume of your HDMI-connected audio system.
Note: Up to three players/recorders and one AV receiver can be connected to this TV using AQUOS Link.
Smartphone Remote Apps: The AQUOS Remote Lite App (from iTunes & Google Play) turns your Apple iPad (iOS 4.3+) or Android smartphone/tablet (2.3+) into a network remote control for the Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV. All the features of the original remote are available and arranged in a logical manner on your device's touchscreen display. In addition, the Sharp Beam app (from iTunes or Google Play) lets you effortlessly share content from your Apple iOS device (iOS 5.0+) or Android smartphone/tablet (2.2+) to the Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV. You can share stored photos and videos, as well as movie apps. Finally, Netflix subscribers will be able to search for content on their smartphone or tablet and then select to watch it on the AQUOS TV with Netflix "Second Screen" capability.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV supports both USB- and Bluetooth-enabled keyboards & mouses.
RS-232C Port: The TV's RS-232C port can be used to communicate with compatible PCs and other home theater control devices.
Pedestal Stand: Its unique arc stand perfectly compliments the television's contemporary design. The TV is shipped with its pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 121.3.0 lbs with the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Wall Mounting: The AQUOS 4K Ultra-HD LED-LCD TV's sleek frame features a slim bezel made from aircraft grade aluminum that looks great against a wall. The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 400mm (h) x 400mm (v). The threaded inserts require 6mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 103.6 lbs without the stand.
Note: The TV's rear-panel subwoofer system sits out approximately 2.5" from the rear-panel of the television, interfering with many types of wall-mount brackets. As a result, this limits the number of wall-mounts that can be used with this TV. Currently, Crutchfield does not carry any wall-mounts to fit this television.
Attached AC Power Cord: The TV is fitted with an attached 6' AC power cord. The power cord features a straight AC plug that sits 1.6875" from the wall.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
Jeff, thanks for the detailed info. [ Jon Feb 27, 2014 ]
This TV will convert 2D images to 3D. Utilizing the 2D to 3D Mode (using 3D glasses) the Sharp AQUOS LED-LCD TV converts normal 2D images into 3D images. You can even adjust the 3D effect when converting images from 2D mode to 3D mode (+1 to +16) [ Jeff Feb 27, 2014 ] Staff
Compared to other 4K's tv, why the Sharp LC 70UD1U is not using a HEVC Decoding to up scale its movies for 4K viewing? Please explain? ??? [ Johnnie Jul 09, 2014 ]
I have used Sharp in commercial applications. The TV's are very reliable and produce a good image. Samsung and Sony are also good brands. I don't think you would be disappointed with any of them. [ KEVIN Jan 22, 2014 ]
I brought the Samsung UN55F9000AF. [ WILLIAM Jan 13, 2014 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Jeff Jan 12, 2014 ] Staff