Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
If your space is limited, but you want a TV picture with real home theater impact, give the Sharp LC-46D43U a serious look. It delivers a beautifully vivid, clear picture whether you're viewing during the day or at night. With its glossy black finish and twin-pillar table stand, the LC-46D43U's sculpted elegance makes a striking addition to any room.
Emmy award-winning technology
When Sharp introduced the AQUOS line several years ago, it made people take LCD TVs seriously for the first time. Since then, a steady stream of innovations has kept these TVs at the forefront of LCD design AQUOS technology even won an Emmy® award. As an example, Sharp's "Quick Shoot" video circuitry provides one of the fastest pixel response times we've seen; moving objects on screen flow cleanly, with noticeably reduced motion lag.
HD reception, plus inputs for all your video gear
Let the LC-46D43U introduce you to the wonders of high-definition viewing. Its built-in tuners can receive over-the-air analog and digital broadcasts including HDTV without a separate tuner box. The LC-46D43U's audio/video inputs can handle your conventional video sources, as well as those that are just arriving. There are two component video and two HDMI inputs, allowing you to enjoy high-performance gear like an HD satellite receiver and upconverting DVD player.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
FREE scheduled delivery to your door: This item will be delivered to the door of your house or apartment. Available to physical addresses in 50 United States only. Limited delivery available to Alaska and Hawaii for $99 per item call 1-888-955-6000 for more details. Sorry, we can't ship to P.O. Boxes or freight forwarders. Delivery takes 5-7 business days once your order has been processed. Extra charges may apply to items that must be carried up more than 5 flights of stairs. Allow extra time for delivery to remote addresses. Free return shipping not available with this model.
- 46" widescreen HDTV (16:9 aspect ratio)
- high-gloss black finish
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- Advanced Super View/Black LCD panel (1366 x 768 pixels)
- 6-millisecond pixel response time
- 1500:1 contrast ratio (7500:1 dynamic)
- 176°(H) x 176°(V) viewing angle
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- illuminated multibrand remote control
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video
- 1 S-video
- 2 component video (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- 2 HDMI v1.2 (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- Energy Star® compliant
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 26"W x 12-1/4"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 44-3/8"W x 28-3/8"H x 4-5/8"D (31-1/8"H x 12-1/4"D on stand)
- weight: 78.3 lbs. with stand; 68.3 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sharp LC-46D43U Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Super happy with this TV
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I've had this TV for 2 weeks now and I am super impressed by it. The color is fantastic, including the blacks that are rich and dark. Adjusting the backlight and brightness help here. SD satellite is what you would expect, nothing great but not horrible. Currently only watch SD DVDs and they look great. But where this TV really shines is with my XBox360. Running it at 720p and it looks absolutely amazing. The colors are very bright and vivid and I don't notice much image blur or trace in fast moving sequences. Honestly, I think what I do see is in my head because I'm trying to see it. Anyway, if it is there, it ain't much. Bottom line, the picture is so smooth and rich that I think it is on par with many plamsas that I have seen. A complaint would be that you can't change the aspect ratio of an HD source (which I read before buying). Other than that, nothing negative.
Currently just running SD TV and the picture is fantastic. SD DVDs are excellent too. Can't imagine how good it will look with the HD antenna and upconverting DVD player from Crutchfield. Contemplated going with the full HD. This set is great!
What's in the box?
- 46" Widescreen LCD TV
- Wireless remote control (GA535WJSA)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6' AC power cord with in-line ferrite core
- Large cable clamp
- Small cable clamp
- 6" Cable tie
- TV stand base
- 2 TV stand shafts
- 6 Short Allen-head bolts
- 4 Long Allen-head bolts
- 5mm Allen wrench
- Cleaning cloth
- Operation Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Product Registration card
- Protection Plans/Installation/Accessories brochure
- Cleaning Information sheet
Features and Specs
Built-in Tuners: The Sharp Aquos LC-46D43U is equipped with an ATSC digital tuner, an NTSC analog tuner, and QAM tuner. No external tuner box is required to receive over the air High Definition or Standard Definition programming, or non-encrypted High Definition cable.
16:9 Advanced Super View/Black TFT Panel: The TV features Sharp's proprietary 16:9 Advanced Super View/Black TFT panel which delivers bright, high contrast images that are virtually distortion free and helps eliminate screen glare. Its extra-wide viewing angles (176° horizontal and vertical) allow you to see a clear picture from most anywhere in the room.
Display Resolution: The display has a native resolution of 1366 x 768. Compatible inputs include 1080i, 720p, 480i, and 480p signals. The built-in image scaler converts all input signals to match the LCD panel's native 768p resolution.
Enhanced Color Filter: The television uses finer points to achieve higher throughput, enabling deeper more vivid colors and a 150% higher contrast ratio. The TV features a 7500:1 Dynamic Contrast ratio.
Quick Shoot Video Circuitry: The TV utilizes Quick Shoot Video Circuitry to deliver fast response times which provide spectacular motion pictures even with high-speed moving scenes. The TV boasts a 6ms response time.
High Brightness (450cd/m2): The Sharp AQUOS Liquid Crystal Television is extremely bright. You can put it almost anywhere; even near windows, doors or other light sources and the picture will still be vivid.
Lamp Life: The expected life of the backlight lamp is 60,000 hours (at standard backlight position), which equates to ten hours use a day for more than sixteen years.
AV Mode: This mode gives you 7 options to choose from to best match the environment, which can vary due to room brightness, type of program, or type of image input:
- Standard: highly defined image in a normally bright room
- Movie: for viewing movies
- Game: lowers brightness for easier viewing
- PC: enhanced contrast (HDMI and PC inputs only)
- User: allows you to customize settings and store them for each input source
- Dynamic (Fixed): changes image and sound settings to factory preset values and allows no adjustments
- Dynamic: for clear-cut image emphasizing high contrast, useful for watching sports
4:3 Program View Modes: When viewing programs with a 4:3 aspect ratio, you can view the program in one of four modes:
- Side Bar: viewing the program in 4:3 with bars on either side of the image
- Smart Stretch: stretches the program horizontally to fill the screen, edges stretched more than the middle
- Zoom: enlarges the picture uniformly to fill the screen (Also suitable for viewing widescreen 2.35:1 anamorphic DVDs in full screen)
- Stretch: suitable for viewing 1.78:1 DVDs, when viewing 1.85:1 DVDs this mode will show thin black bands at top and bottom of the screen
HD Program View Modes: The Stretch Mode is available for HD programs. This mode is suitable for viewing wide-screen 1.78:1 aspect-ratio programs. When viewing 1.85:1 programs, the Stretch Mode will still show very think black bands at the top and bottom of the screen.
Basic Picture Adjustments: You can make the following adjustments in the picture quality menu:
- Optical Picture Control (OPC): when set to on, the OPC Sensor on the front panel automatically adjusts the backlight brightness according to the surrounding light
- Backlight: brightens or dims the screen (-16 to +16)
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast (0 to +40)
- Brightness: for more or less brightness (-30 to +30)
- Color: adjusts the color intensity (-30 to +30)
- Tint: adjusts skin tones from purplish to greenish (-30 to +30)
- Sharpness: adjusts sharpness of image edges (-10 to +10)
Advanced Picture Adjustments: In addition to the above picture adjustments, you can make further fine picture adjustments:
- Color Temperature: for better white balance, you can set the color temperature to High, Middle High, Middle, Middle Low, or Low
- Black: changes the viewing depth by automatically adjusting the dark portion of an image; On or Off
- I/P: converts input signals based on the type of image; Fast (for fast motion) or Slow (less flicker)
- Film Mode: automatically detects, analyzes, and converts a film source (24 fps) to video (30 fps) using 3-2 Pull-down; On or Off
- 3D-Y/C: provides high quality images with minimal dot crawl and cross color noise; Fast (moving images), Slow (still images), or Standard (normal viewing), or Off/2D (game mode)
- Monochrome: for viewing a video in black & white turn the monochrome setting on
- Range of OPC: you can limit the range of adjustment by the OPC; Max (-15 to +16) or Min (-16 to +15)
Color System: The TV allows you to select the video signal system compatible with your equipment. The Color System feature is only available for inputs 1, 2 and 3. You can select from Auto, NTSC, PAL-M or PAL-N.
Favorite Channels: The Favorite Channels feature allows you to program 4 favorite channels in 4 different categories, for a total of 16. The categories are easily accessible as A, B, C, and D buttons on the remote.
Input Label: The TV lets you give inputs 1 through 6 a preset name; for example TV, DVD, etc.
Freezing Images: If an image appears on the screen that you want to capture, you can press the Freeze button on the remote. The image will remain on the screen for up to 30 minutes, or until you press the Freeze button again to release the image.
Sound Adjustments: You can adjust the amount of bass and treble (-15 to +15) and set the balance between left and right speakers. In addition, you can turn on/off the virtual surround.
Audio Only Mode: When you only want to listen to the audio portion of a program, such as a music program, you can turn off the LCD screen by using the Audio Only mode.
Digital Noise Reduction: Digital Noise Reduction produces a clearer video image and can be set to High, Low, or Off.
Power Control: You can set power control settings to save energy. When set to Enable in the AV Input mode, the unit automatically turns off if no signal is received for 15 minutes, or if no operation is performed for 3 hours. Five minutes before the power shuts down, the remaining time displays every minute.
Secret Number: This feature allows you to use a secret number to protect certain settings from being accidentally changed.
V-Chip Parental Control: This feature allows you to limit the shows that can be viewed based on the TV Parental Guidelines and a movie's MPAA rating. Limits are protected by your 4-digit password.
Closed Captioning: The TV is compatible with standard closed captioning and the new Digital Closed Captioning system. The Digital Closed Captioning is more flexible; language, text size, and font style can be customized.
Sleep Timer: This TV can be set to turn itself off in 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Remote Control (GA535WJSA): The supplied remote controls the TV's functions, plus controls basic functions for multiple brands of DVD players, VCRs, Cable/Satellite boxes, and Sharp audio systems. The remote features full button illumination, plus a number of buttons under a flip-down panel.
PC Compatibility: The LC-42D43 can be used as a computer monitor through its two digital HDMI inputs or one analog 15-pin mini D-sub PC input.
720 x 400
640 x 480
800 x 600
1360 x 768
PC View Modes: You can connect the TV to your PC through the HDMI inputs or the analog 15-pin mini D-sub PC input to use the TV as a monitor. The following view modes are available in PC mode.
4:3 Input Signal: You can select between Normal, Zoom, Stretch, or Dot by Dot.
16:9 Input Signal: You can select between Stretch or Dot by Dot.
Auto Sync Adjustment: This mode automatically adjusts the PC image when using the Analog PC input.
Fine Sync Adjustment: When using the HDMI or Analog input you can also manually sync the PC image using the following menu-tools.
H-Pos: centers the image by moving to the left or right
V-Pos: centers the image by moving it up or down
Clock: lets you adjust when the image flickers with vertical stripes
Phase: lets you adjust when characters have low contrast or when the image flickers
Supplied Stand: The TV comes with an unattached, unassembled stand. The 3-piece stand includes the hardware to assemble the stand, and attach the TV to the stand. The stand adds approximately 2.75" to the overall height of the TV.
VESA Mounting Bracket Standard: The TV also has 4 mounting holes on the back for an aftermarket wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 200 (200mm vertical x 200mm horizontal), in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. If a VESA standard mounting bracket is not available, a universal wall-mount bracket that can accommodate a screw spacing of 7.874" x 7.874" can be used. The mounting holes require 6mm (M6) machine screws.
HDMI Inputs: The LC-46D43U has two HDMI inputs for connecting components such as HDTV set-top boxes, DVD, HD-DVD, or Blu-ray Disc players, or other HDMI equipment. The HDMI inputs can be used with an HDMI-DVI conversion cable, but only one has corresponding audio inputs.
Optical Digital Output: The TV has a Toslink optical digital output for connecting to an A/V receiver with an optical input. The digital output can be set to pass Dolby Digital or two channel PCM. The optical output is only live when tuning a digital TV station.
Analog Audio Output: The RCA audio outputs can be switched from fixed level to variable. When set to variable, the internal speakers are muted.
PC Input: The PC input consists of an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack and a stereo mini-jack. This allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack use the PC Audio input for your audio connection.
TV with Stand:
Weight: 78.3 pounds
TV without Stand:
Weight: 68.3 pounds