Controls And Indicators
11 AC Outlets: The Panamax M5100-PM features 1 front-panel "Always On"
AC outlet, 4 rear-panel "Always On" outlets, 4 rear-panel "Switched Linear Filtered" AC outlets, and
"Switched/Delayed High Current" AC outlets.
- High Current Outlets: The unit's two High Current Outlets provide
power from a low impedance noise filtration circuit that does not limit the
current to your equipment. Its output is noise isolated from all of the
- Linear Noise Filtration Outlets (Switched):
The unit's four switched Linear Noise
Filtration Outlets are controlled by the front panel Power Button or the DC
Trigger input. These outlets will turn on immediately and turn off after 10
seconds. LiFT EMI/RFI noise filtration is provided by a two-stage balanced
Pi filter which also provides noise isolation from the other outlet banks.
- Linear Noise Filtration Outlets (Always On):
The units four "always on" Liner Noise Filtration Outlets will only power
off during a fault condition (under-voltage/over-voltage). Power is cleaned
from these outlets by a two-stage balanced Pi filter which also provides
noise isolation from the other outlet banks.
- Gaming Outlet: The M5100-PM features a convenient AC outlet located on
the front-panel for connecting your gaming system temporarily.
Level 3 Power Cleaning and Linear Filtration: The unit's Level 3 Power Cleaning and Linear Filtration eliminates common symptoms of
contaminated power (including loss of detail, pops, hisses, hums and visual artifacts) and allows your A/V equipment to perform up to its full capability.
Automatic/Visual Voltage Monitoring
Circuitry: Panamax's patent pending AVM circuitry continuously monitors the
incoming power as displayed on the unit's digital voltmeter. In case of an
under-voltage or an over-voltage, a flashing red lightning bolt will be displayed
in the voltmeter, and power to the connected equipment is automatically turned
off if either of these conditions is detected. When voltage returns to a safe
level, power to the equipment is automatically reconnected.
Cross-Contamination Reduction: The M5100-PM is designed to provide noise isolation between 3 isolated outlet banks including 2 high
current outlets so that any noise created by an A/V component can not contaminate the power going to equipment plugged into another outlet bank.
Power Sequencing: The M5100-PM features Power Sequencing to guard against blown fuses and potential
damaging speaker thump by automatically power outlets on and off in sequence.
This feature minimizes in rush current issues by allowing the components plugged
into the Switched Outlet Banks to power-up and stabilize before any amplifier
and powered subwoofers are turned on. This sequence is reversed during shutdown.
The amplifier and powered subwoofers turn off, their power supplies drain and
then the equipment plugged into the Switched Outlet Banks are turned off.
Voltage Sense Trigger: The
M5100-PM voltage sense trigger uses a standard 3.5mm (1/8") mini-mono plug. The
feature provides an On/Off trigger for the M5100-PM using a direct current
HD Ready Coax Jacks:The unit's
bi-directional (input/output) coaxial protection circuits achieve
optimum signal quality from newly designed connectors that have less than 0.5 dB
of attenuation from 0Hz to 2.2GHz. The unit's clamping level of 75V will meet
the demands of both cable and satellite voltage while minimizing exposure to
damaging spikes and surges.
Phone Jacks:The unit
features an RJ-11 input and output for protecting your standard telephone or
pay-per-view lines. The Phone circuit is auto-resetting.
LAN Jacks: The M5100-PM is
equipped with two RJ-45 LAN inputs and one RJ-45 LAN output on its rear panel;
and a bi-directional RJ-45 LAN jack on its front panel. The LAN protection
circuits are designed for 1-/100 baseT Ethernet lines. The front-panel
bi-directional LAN jack is an Ethernet pass-thru connection between the units
front and rear panel. The front panel LAN port is also great for on-line gaming.
USB Charger: The M5100-PM features a front-panel USB type-A port for
charging your MP3 player, cell phone, or other small electronic.
Digital Voltmeter: The M5100-PM features a front-panel Digital
Voltmeter which monitors the voltage supplying your home theater equipment. If
line voltage drops below 90VAC, or if the line voltage exceeds 142VAC, the
display will turn off and the "unsafe voltage" indicator will flash indicating
and unsafe voltage condition.
Outlet Bank Power LEDs: Each bank of outlets feature a corresponding
Blue LED indicator. These LEDs indicate the status of the corresponding rear
panel outlets. The LED will be lit when the outlets are turned On. They will
flash during the startup and shutdown process.
Circuit Breaker: A circuit
breaker is located on the back panel of the M5100-PM. The circuit breaker
will trip only if the total current draw exceeds the maximum current rating
(15A). This means that collectively, all outlets must draw more than 15 amps
before the circuit breaker will trip.
$5,000,000 Lifetime Connected
Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace, pay to replace at fair market
value, or pay to repair, up to $5,000,000 of equipment that is damaged by an AC
surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector, if the
surge protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design
specifications. For coverage conditions and information on how to make a claim,
please see the warranty sheet.
Controls And Indicators
- Power Button: Powers
Bank 2 and Bank 3 outlets on and off.
- Dimmer Button: Adjusts brightness level of unit's front panel
lights and voltmeter.
- Digital Voltmeter: Digital LED voltmeter indicates the incoming
- Outlet Bank Power LEDs: Bank 1, Bank 2 and Bank 3 each have a
corresponding LED indicator to indicate they are turned on.
- Wiring OK: This LED illuminates to indicate that the wall outlet
is properly grounded and Line/Neutral polarity is correct.
- Circuit Breaker: Resets M5100-PM.
- Bank 1 On LED: This LED illuminates when there is power present
on the Bank 1 receptacles.
- AC Outlet: Front panel outlet for gaming systems.
- USB: USB port for charging portable devices such as MP3 players
- LAN: Bi-directional Ethernet pass-thru connection between the
front and rear panel.
- Linear Filtration Always On Bank 1: Four always on linear filtered
outlets labeled DVR, HD Cable/SAT, VCR/AUX, HDTV/Monitor.
- Linear Filtration Switched Bank 2: Four switched outlets with linear
filtration controlled by the front panel Power button or the DC Trigger
input labeled CD, DVD, Pre Amp, Digital Radio.
- High Current Switch Delayed Bank 3:
high current outlets controlled by the front panel power button or DC
Trigger input labeled Receiver, Sub/Amp.
- Voltage Sense Trigger Input: 3.5mm mono mini-plug which connects
to a remote trigger device that uses a DC output to trigger a
- LAN Jacks: Two RJ-45 inputs and RJ-45 output for 10/100 baseT
- Phone Jacks: One RJ-11 input and one RJ-11 output for standard
- Coaxial Jacks: 3 pairs
of bidirectional treaded female F-type coax terminals
- Ground Lug: Gold-plated binding post that provides a common
grounding point for equipment with separate ground leads.
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A
- UL 1449 Surge Suppression
- Protection Modes: L-N,
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V peak
- Joule Rating:
- Peak Impulse Current:
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration:
- Bank 1: Up to -82dB (100KHz-2MHz)
- Bank 2: Up to -80dB (100KHz-2MHz)
- Bank 3 (High Current):
Up to 70dB (100KHz-2MHz)
- Over-voltage Shutoff
Threshold: 142V (+/-5)
- Under-voltage Shutoff
DC Trigger Input:
- Jacks: 3.5mm (1/8")
- Voltage And Polarity: 3-24V DC, bidirectional
- Current Requirement: 4.5mA @ 3V, 58mA @ 24V
- Clamping Level: 50V
- Connectors: RJ-45
- Wires Protected: 8 wires
- Jacks: USB-A
- Power Delivery: 500mA
- Clamping Level:
- Capacitance: approximately
- Suppression Modes: metallic and longitudinal
- Connections: RJ-11
- Wires Protected: 2 wires (4&5)
Universal Cable and Satellite Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Insertion Loss: <0.5dB
- Bandwidth: 0MHz - 2.2GHz
- Connections: Gold-plated female F-type