Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Connections, Controls, and
Overview: The Panamax M8-AV Surge Protector features 8 AC outlets
controlled by the unit's power switch. The M8-AV also provides protection for
coaxial and telephone connections. In addition, this surge protector is equipped
with 3 diagnostic LEDs.
AVM Automatic Voltage Monitoring: The
Panamax M8-AV utilizes an AVM (Automatic Voltage Monitoring) system to protect
your connected equipment against prolonged over/under voltages by disconnecting
the power and reconnecting it when safe power returns. The Panamax M8-AV will protect your AV system from catastrophic surges.
Lifetime $5,000,000 Connected
Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC
or signal line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector
(up to $5,000,000).
8 AC Outlets: The 8 AC outlets provide power protection with
transformer spacing between outlets.
Power Cord: The surge protector features an attached 8 ft power cord
with a right-angle, 45-degree offset three-prong plug.
Mounting: The Panamax M8-AV Surge Protector can be placed on the
floor, on a shelf, or inside a cabinet. The M8-AV can also be wall-mounted
using the integrated wall-mount brackets, key-hole slots, and supplied hardware.
Controls, and Indicators
- Bank 1:
The four AC outlets along the top (numbered 1 to 4).
- Bank 2: The four AC outlets along the side (numbered 5 to 8).
- SAT/CATV: 2 Coaxial line inputs and 2 coaxial line outputs (gold-plated, threaded, female F-Connectors).
- Telephone: One telephone line
input and two telephone outputs (RJ-11 connection).
- On/Off Switch: Turns all the outlets On and Off.
- Power On/Protection OK: Green
LED, indicates the surge protector is functioning properly and all equipment
- Ground OK: Green LED,
indicates the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded.
Voltage: Red LED, indicates that incoming voltages are unsafe and the
surge protector has disconnected the power to your connected equipment.
- AC Specification:
- Overvoltage Shutoff: 144V +/-8V
- Undervoltage Shutoff: 90V +/-6V
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V Peak, 141V RMS,
- Voltage Protection Rating (UL1449 3rd Edition, 3000A): 500V
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800W)
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 50dB (100kHz-1MHz)
- Response Time: <1ns
- Single Pulse Energy: 1650 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 52,000 A
- Telco Protection:
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: 30 pf (approximate)
- Suppression Mode: Metallic and Longitudinal
- Wire Protected: 2-wire, 1-pair (3,4)
- Connectors: RJ-11
- Universal Cable/Satellite Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Frequency Range: 0MHz-2.2GHz
- Insertion Loss: <0.5dB
- Connections: Female "F"-type, gold-plated