Protect or Disconnect Circuitry: The Panamax MD2-C Surge Protector's exclusive "Protect or Disconnect" circuitry safeguards your equipment against all surges. In the event of a
catastrophic surge such as lightning, the MD2-C completely disconnects AC power to
your connected equipment.
Two AC Outlets: The two 3-prong AC outlets are turned 90-degress from
one another to accommodate different style plugs or transformers. One plug is
located on the left-side, while the other plug is located on the right-side.
Right-Angle AC Plug: The Panamax MD2-C Surge Protector features an
integrated right-angle 3-prong AC plug which plugs directly into an AC wall
Noise Filtration Circuit: The Panamax MD2-C Surge Protector utilizes a
Noise Filtration Circuit (EMI/RFI) to remove noise and provide clean power.
Coaxial Protection: One pair of universal CATV/SAT/ANT connectors
(In/Out) protect your equipment from electrical surges that travel over low
Two Diagnostic Lights: Two Panamax MD2-C is equipped with two Diagnostic
Lights (LED) - Power On/Protection OK and Line Fault.
- Power On/Protection OK: This LED (blue) indicates the power is
on, surge protector is functioning properly, and all connected equipment is
- Line Fault: If this LED is lit (red), it indicates an improperly
Paintable Cover: The MD2-C's removable front-cover is paintable to
ensure a seamless fit with almost any décor.
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- UL 1449 Rating: 330V
- Voltage Protection Rating: L-N 400V, L-G 500V, N-G 400V
- Single Pulse Energy Dissipation: 1350 Joules
- Response Time: <1 ns
- Peak Impulse Current: 60,000 A
- Nominal Discharge Current: 3,000 A
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800 W)
- Line Voltage: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Initial Clamping: 200V
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 50 dB (100kHz - 1MHz)
- Insertion Loss: < 5 dB
- Frequency Range: 0MHz - 2.2GHz
- Connectors: Female "F"-type
- CATV/SAT Clamping Level: 75V
$100,000 Limited Connected Equipment Protection Warranty: Panamax will
replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC line surge while connected
to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $100,000).
Lifetime Product Warranty: The surge protector shall be free of any
defects in design, materials, or workmanship; and Panamax will repair or replace
any defective unit.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to
find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research
team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record
dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies
to help people make informed choices.