Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
When you're shopping for a TV, it sometimes seems like the larger screens are where all the action is. But Samsung's compact 32" UN32D5500 delivers big with full 1080p picture quality.
LED advantages: high picture contrast, low energy use
How does this TV's LCD panel achieve its super-slim depth? It's the LED backlight, which also boosts picture contrast, for a picture with more pop. LEDs are more energy-efficient than conventional fluorescent backlights, too.
A variety of viewing options
The UN32D5500 gives you four HDMI inputs and a component video input for connecting your high-definition gear, like a Blu-ray player. If you have a home network and a recent DLNA-compatible PC, you can stream music and video to this TV via a wired connection. You'll also find two USB ports: one is provided so you can connect Samsung's wireless adapter for accessing digital music and video files over your wireless network, and the other is there for plugging in a thumb drive to view photos.
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- slim bezel with Touch of Color accents
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- LED edge backlight for high picture contrast
- 3,500,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- AllShare video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC (wireless streaming requires Samsung's Wi-Fi USB dongle)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- illuminated remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- 4 HDMI v1.4
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or home stereo system
- 2 USB ports for connecting a camera or thumb drive, and for use with Samsung's Wi-Fi USB adapter)
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 17-5/8"W x 9-1/2"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 30-1/4"W x 18-3/8"H x 1-1/2"D (21"H x 9-1/2"D on stand)
- weight: 22.1 lbs. with stand; 15.9 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why choose an LED-LCD TV?
Reason #1: Awesome picture quality. The LED backlights in these higher-end LCD TVs can give you better picture contrast and more lifelike colors than sets with typical fluorescent backlighting. Reason #2: They're more energy-efficient than plasma or regular LCD TVs, helping you lower your monthly electric bill and helping the environment.
Samsung UN32D5500 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Samsung 32" LED Color TV
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
After much research for this TV and for the best price, we decided to with the Samsung 32" LED product. We are totally pleased with the TV and are especially pleased with the assistance received from your employee, Ozzy. It was because of his expertise and willingness to answer all our questions that we decided to purchase our TV from Crutchfield. We are impressed with the TV, as well as Crutchfield, and would definitely purchase other items from Crutchfield in the future.
Pros: Perfect size for our bedroom. Good size to wall mount, which we did. Great features. Would highly recommend.
Cons: Sound could better.
Great so far!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I like everything about this TV so far! Have only had TV for one month check back with me in a year
Pros: Picture quality Looks of TV. Remote control
Great picture, attractive unit. Makes a nice replacement for our bedroom TV.
My one gripe is the location of the A/V connections. They are along the right-hand side of the unit. In our setup, it means the cables are clearly visible when you walk in the room.
Kudos to Crutchfield and the great service.
Pros: Great picture, nice brightness.
Cons: A/V connections are along the right side of the unit, not along the bottom as it typical.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Used this to replace a 4 year old LG 26 inch. Had limited space, but with the new smaller frames, I actually have more room in the cabinet with the 32 than I did with the 26. Picture is just like you would expect from Samsung, and connectivity has everything you would need. Highly recommended.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Easy set up with excellent picture. Using it in a bedroom and the auto dimming feature is great!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
THE PICTURE IS STUNNING - EASY TO SET UP
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Awesome TV! The picture is superb!
What's in the box?
- 32" LED-LCD TV
- 5' AC power cord
- Pedestal stand base
- Guide stand
- Wireless remote control (BN59-00444A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6" Component video adapter (with two minijack connectors on one end and female component video/stereo RCA jacks on other end)
- Four 4mm x 8mm machine screws
- Four 4mm x 12mm screws
- 4 Plastic wall-mount holder-rings
- Self-adhesive wire stand
- Screen cleaning cloth
- User Manual
- Pedestal Stand Installation Instructions
- Warranty Sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
- "STOP" note
- Energy Guide sticker
Features and Specs
LED Edge-Lighting: Samsung's LED Edge-Lighting technology allows for a high dynamic contrast ratio and ultra-sharp blacks by allowing multiple LEDs to turn on an off automatically based on the image. LED Edge-Lighting also provides more natural color representation and deep reds and greens, because Samsung uses white LEDs that produce 105% of the broadcast color gamut. The television's white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. Overall, this LED Backlight system produces contrast with stronger blacks and whites, and greater subtlety of every gradation in between.
Clear Motion Rate 120: Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is Samsung's more comprehensive and accurate measure for how well the LED-LCD TV can display fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was expressed simply by the refresh rate, measured in Hz. CMR, however, takes into account all three factors that contribute to motion clarity: panel refresh rate (60Hz), image processor speed and backlight technology. CMR is measured by determining the thinnest line a TV can display in a moving image. The thinner the line, the higher the CMR rating, and the clearer the picture you'll enjoy on the screen.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus: Wide Color Enhancer Plus allows you to see picture color the way the director originally intended. Witness the entire RGB spectrum brought to life on your screen to bring you exceptionally vibrant, yet natural-looking images faithful to the director's original intent.
3,500:000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio: The LED-LCD TV delivers a Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 3,500,000:1; which provides stunning colors and deep black, so your picture's details don't get lost in the shadows.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: The LED-LCD television displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
Video Inputs: The Samsung LED-LCD TV features HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI (v.1.3): The Samsung LED-LCD TV features four 1080p (24/60Hz) HDMI 1.3 inputs. The HDMI 1 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Component Video: The Samsung LED-LCD TV features a 3.5mm audio/video input with a 6" component video/stereo RCA adapter (1080p).
Note: The TV's component video input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes.
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external device you have connected to an input of the TV.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture.
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset
adjustments to the picture.
- Standard: suitable for a normal environment
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Movie: suitable for watching movies and games
- Entertain: suitable for watching movies and game
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for manually adjusting the picture quality.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Advanced Picture Settings: The TV also offers more advanced picture adjustments for fine tuning.
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Shadow Detail: increase the brightness of dark images
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity
- RGB Only Mode: displays the Red, Green, and Blue color for making find adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image (Auto/Native)
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Flesh Tone: emphasize the pink flesh tone in a picture
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
Note: You can adjust and store Picture Settings for each external device connected to the TV.
HDMI Black Level: You can select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television. You can select either Normal or Low.
Digital Noise Filter: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Reduction feature to help reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. You can select Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
MPEG Noise Filter: This filter reduces MPEG noise of the picture. You can set the MPEG Noise Filter to Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
PIP (Picture-in-Picture): You can watch the TV's tuner and one external video source simultaneously. The TV channel will be displayed in a sub-screen which can be moved to each corner of the television's screen.
|Main Picture||Sub Picture|
|External Input: Component, HDMI, PC||TV: Antenna input|
Note: PIP does not function in the same mode.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
Sound Modes: You can choose from the following Preset Sound Modes:
- Standard: Selects the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 5-band EQ (100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz) for a more customized sound.
SRS TruSurround HD: SRS TruSurround HD is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
SRS TruDialog: This function allows you to increase the intensity of a voice over background music or sound effects so that dialogue can be heard more clearly.
Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LED-LCD television provides an analog and digital audio output.
- Analog Audio: The rear-panel 3.5mm stereo audio output allows you connect the TV to your home stereo.
- Digital Audio: An optical digital output is provided to allow you to connect the unit to a surround processor. The TV's digital audio output terminal outputs a Dolby Digital or 2-channel down-mixed PCM signal for use with an external Dolby Digital decoder or other external audio system with an optical audio input. The TV's optical digital terminal will output audio from the television's antenna, HDMI, and RCA inputs
PC-Capable: This unit has a 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. The HDMI 1 input can also be connected to a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen quality and position.
Note: The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Dual USB Ports: The LED-LCD TV features two USB (type-A) ports. The USB ports can be used for software/firmware updates, playing music/picture/video files stored on a USB Mass Storage Class Device (MSC), or connecting to your home network wirelessly using the proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (305Link, sold separately).
Note: Samsung's Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately) supports IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N and WEP/TKIP/TKIP-AES (except for 802.11N). When playing video over a IEEE 802.1B/G connection, the video may not pay smoothly.
ConnectShare: ConnectShare enables you to view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class device (MTP: Media Transfer Protocol is not supported) using the television's side-panel USB type-A port. Files must be formatted in FAT16/32 or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files in each folder.
- Video Playback: The TV supports the following Video formats (MPEG 1/2/4, DivX 3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0, XviD, H.264 BP/MP/HP, and WMV-9) up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view (up to 15 images). Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a frequency rate of 32/44.1/48 kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album, or Genre. Music files can be repeated or shuffled in a selected folder.
DLNA Certified: The television's DLNA Certification allows you to watch videos (MPEG/DivX), photos (JPEG), and listen to music (MP3) saved on your Windows 7 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or using wireless LAN connection (adapter sold separately). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: Windows PCs with XP and Vista installed require Samsung's PC Share Manager software, which can be downloaded for free at www.samsung.com. Not compatible with older Windows OS versions and Mac.
AllShare: AllShare connects the Samsung LED-LCD TV and compatible Samsung mobile phones/devices through your network connection. On the TV, you can view call arrivals, SMS messages and schedules set on your mobile phone. In addition, you can play media contents, including photos, videos, and music saved on your mobile phone or other devices (such as your PC) by controlling them on the TV via your network connection. Additionally, you can use the TV for browsing web pages in your mobile phone.
Note: Please visit Samsung.com for compatible devices.
Software Upgrade: The LED-LCD television lets you download future software/firmware upgrades via USB or Internet (Ethernet/optional WiFi) connection.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI Device, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Close Captions (CC): The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size.
Note: The Closed Captions feature does work in Component, HDMI, or PC modes.
Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Note: Program Rating Lock is not available in HDMI, Component, or PC mode.
ENERGY STAR Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LED-LCD TV is ENERGY STAR compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Motion Lighting: Motion Lighting reduces power consumption by reducing screen brightness when the picture on the screen is in motion.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turn off after 3 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating.
On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture and sound problems.
E-Manual: The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Press the "E-Manual" button on the remote control to access complete instruction manual.
Illuminated Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung LED-LCD television and Anynet+ connected components. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23 feet from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Note: This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, and Volume buttons for the visually impaired.
Anynet+: Take all your remotes and condense them into one simplified solution. With Samsung's Anynet+ you'll enjoy one-touch control for all your HDMI-connected compatible devices like your Samsung TV, Blu-ray Disc player, AV Receiver and Home Theater. Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with the Samsung television's remote control. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that support the Anynet+ features. The Anynet+ feature must be turned on in the menu to function.
Note: Anynet+ supports up to 12 A/V devices in total. You can only connect up to 3 devices of the same type.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand consists of two individual pieces (base and guide-stand) that need to be assembled. The pedestal stand then attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. The pedestal stand allows the TV to swivel left to right +/- 20-degrees. The television weighs 22.1 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 200 (200mm horizontal x 200mm vertical) in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The threaded inserts require M8 (8mm) machine screws (not supplied). The four supplied plastic ring-holders should be used when installing an optional wall-mount bracket. The television weighs 15.9 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung LED-LCD TV comes with a 5' detachable AC power cord. The power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.9375" from the wall.