Direct-Lit LED Technology: Direct-Lit LED backlight
technology bridges the gap between lower-cost CCFL (fluorescent) LCD TVs and
newer edge-lit LED-LCD TVs. Samsung's's Direct-Lit LED-LCD televisions feature LEDs
positioned all the way across the LCD panel's back plane (instead of along the
side). Unlike "Full-Array" backlight LED-LCD televisions that also feature LEDs
positioned along the LCD panel's back plane, the Direct-Lit LED technology uses
fewer LEDs and do not offer local dimming. Since there are fewer LEDs, the LCD
panel's back plane must be moved farther away from the screen to provide
adequate light coverage across the LCD panel, making the TV much deeper than an
edge-lit LED-LCD television. Direct-Lit LED backlight technology offers a better
picture and is more energy efficient than previous CCFL (fluorescent) LCD
televisions, though it requires a much larger cabinet design than newer edge-lit
Clear Motion Rate 240: Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is Samsung's
more comprehensive and accurate measure for how well the LED-LCD TV can display
fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was expressed simply by the
refresh rate, measured in Hz. CMR, however, takes into account all three factors
that contribute to motion clarity: panel refresh rate (120Hz), image processor
speed and backlight technology. CMR is measured by determining the thinnest line
a TV can display in a moving image. The thinner the line, the higher the CMR
rating, and the clearer the picture you'll enjoy on the screen.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus: Wide Color Enhancer Plus allows
you to see picture color the way the director originally intended. Witness the
entire RGB spectrum brought to life on your screen to bring you exceptionally
vibrant, yet natural-looking images faithful to the director's original intent.
1080p Resolution: The LED-LCD television displays all inputs
at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television's HDMI and component video
inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
- HDMI (v.1.4): The Samsung LED-LCD TV features two HDMI
1.4 inputs to connect up to two high-definition sources, such as your
satellite/cable box or Blu-ray player. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this
- Component Video: The Samsung LED-LCD TV features a
single component video input. The TV's component video input can also be
used as a composite video input (480i only).
Note: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and
Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive
and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Active Full HD 3D: The Samsung LED-LCD TV
offers Full HD (1080p) 3D capability. Samsung 3D TV utilizes Bluetooth-enabled
active shutter glasses (3055100GB,
sold separately) for a full 1080p 3D viewing experience when coupled with a 3D
source, such as a 3D-ready Blu-ray player or an HD 3D broadcast from satellite
or cable providers (connected via HDMI 1.4). The Samsung LED-LCD TV
automatically adjusts the overall picture to provide an optimal 3D effect. The
Samsung 3D TV also offers a unique feature that allows you to intensify your 2D
viewing experience by up-converting it to virtual 3D. In addition, you can
adjust the overall 3D perspective (+/-5) and overall 3D image depth (1-10). The
Samsung LED-LCD TV offers various 3D modes to match your 3D viewing needs.
- 2D-3D: Changes a 2D image to 3D; you can adjust the
focus and depth of the image to maximize 3D experience.
- Side-by-Side: Displays two images next to each other.
Available when the resolution is 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
- Top & Bottom: Displays one image above another.
Available when the resolution is 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
- 3D-2D: Displays the image for the left eye only.
- Off: Turns the 3D function off.
Note: Samsung 3D TV supports Full HD 3D for 1920 x 2205p
(24Hz) or 1280 x 1470p (60Hz) video signals; and virtual 3D for 1920 x 1080p
(24/30/60Hz), 1920 x 1080i (60Hz), or 1280 x 720p (60hz) video
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and
allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture
more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the
arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit
the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars
on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when
HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustments for
an optimum picture.
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments
to the picture.
- Standard: suitable for a normal environment
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Natural: suitable for eye comfortable display
- Movie: suitable for watching movies in a dark room
- Entertain: sharpens the picture for games (only
available when TV is connected to a PC)
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for
manually adjusting the picture quality.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED
- Contrast: increases or decreases the contrast
between dark and light areas of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the
picture (not as effective as Backlight setting)
- Sharpness: sharpens or dulls the edges of objects
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the amount of green and red in
- Advanced Picture Settings: The TV also offers more
advanced picture adjustments for fine tuning.
- Motion Lighting: Reduces power consumption by
reducing screen brightness when the picture on the screen is motionless.
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen
to adjust the screen depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so
that the optimal contrast is provided
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue)
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available
to create the image (Auto/Native)
- Flesh Tone: adjusts the amount of red in skin tones
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for
more natural picture colors
- Picture Options: Additional picture options provide you
with a better viewing experience.
- HDMI Black Level: select the black level on the screen
to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the
televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Digital Clean View: if the broadcast signal received by the TV is
weak, you can activate the Digital Clean View feature to reduce any static
and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- MPEG Noise Filter: reduces MPEG noise to provide an
- LED Motion Plus: removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of
movement to provide a clearer picture
Note: You can adjust and store Picture Settings for each
Film & Game Modes: The television provides Film & Game
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and
process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum
quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI
- Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game
console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting
SRS Sound: The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers SRS TruSurround and
- SRS TruSurround: SRS TruSurround is a patented DTS
technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over
two speakers. SRS TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound
experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal
television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
- SRS TruDialog: This function allows you to increase the
intensity of a voice over background music or sound effects so that
dialogue can be heard more clearly.
Dolby Digital Pulse: Optimizes the TV sound quality when
viewing and listening to Internet movies, Internet music, and other content
played back from your wired or wireless network connection.
5-Band EQ + Sound Modes: You can manually adjusts the TV's
built-in 5-band EQ (100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz) for a more
customized sound; or simply choose from the following Preset Sound Modes:
- Standard: Selects the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty
Audio Enhancements: The Samsung TV offers a variety of audio
adjustments to meet your listening needs.
- Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the
volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation
signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is
low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto
Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
- Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects
audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital
audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust
the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
- Picture Off: You can turn the television's screen off
and still listen to audio.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LED-LCD television provides an
analog and digital audio output.
- Digital Audio (Dolby Digital/DTS compatible): The
optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital/DTS (when
available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends
an audio signal in Dolby Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS
surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network
apps, and USB ports on the LED-LCD TV. The optical digital audio output will
only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI or RCA.
- Analog Audio: The television features a 3.5mm
(minijack) audio output for connecting the television to an analog 2-channel
receiver. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) to make
a stereo RCA connection between the television and your soundbar speaker or
AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminals will output 2ch audio
from any of the television's source inputs.
ConnectShare: ConnectShare enables you to view photo and
movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class
device (MTP: Media Transfer Protocol is not supported) using the television's
USB (type-A) port. Files must be formatted in FAT 16/32 or NTFS. The TV can recognize
up to 4,000 files and folders (2,000 files per folder).
- Video Playback: The TV supports the following Video
formats (MPEG, DivX, XviD, & H.264)
up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Movie files are displayed in a
folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers
Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video
files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image
files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files
can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view. Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or
- Audio Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a frequency rate of 32/44.1/48
kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be
sorted by Artist, Album, or Genre. Music files can be repeated or shuffled
in a selected folder.
Firmware/Software Updates: The television's Software Upgrade
menu allows you to upgrade the TV's software & firmware for performance
improvements & additional services. You can upgrade in four ways; USB, Internet,
Alternative Software, or Standby Mode. Visit the
Download Center for the latest Firmware/Software updates.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to
each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to
remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to
watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV
Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI Device, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD,
and Digital Media Adapter.
Close Captions (CC): The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides Analog
Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable
text, font, and size. The Caption feature does not work for Component and HDMI
Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature
automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You
can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA
rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program
Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Energy Star Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LED-LCD
TV is Energy Star compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power
consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Eco Sensor: Samsung's unique Eco light sensor measures
the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the
brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the
screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This
feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the
TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the
Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power
consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off
(sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to
standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount
of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turn off
after 4 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating.
Timers: The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers programmable On/Off Timers and a
- On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program
the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a
specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday,
Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV,
USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off
after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120,
150, or 180 minutes.
- Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a
still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the
user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of
host images on the screen.
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides a Self
Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and
- Picture Test: Use to check for picture problems. If the
problem appears in the test picture, select "Yes" and follow the directions
on the screen.
- Sound Test: Use the built-in melody sound to check for
sound problems. If the problem occurs during the test, select "Yes" and
follow the directions on the screen.
- Signal Test: An HD digital channel's reception quality
is either perfect or the channels are unavailable. Adjust your antenna to
increase signal strength.
E-Manual: The television only comes with a brief User
Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed
on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Wireless Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to
only operate the Samsung LED-LCD television only. You can use the remote control
up to a distance of about 23' from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote's
buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button. This remote
control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, Volume, and # 5 buttons for the
5-Way Joy Stick: The television is equipped with a 5-way
"joy stick" like button on the rear-panel that lets you control
the TV without the remote control.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand
unattached. The pedestal stand attaches to the television using the supplied
hardware. The television weighs 24.0 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back
for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes
is 200mm (h) x 200mm (v). The threaded
inserts require M6 (6mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs
19.6 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with
optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and
4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung LED-LCD TV comes with
detachable AC power cord. The AC power cord sits 0.375" out from the rear-panel. The
AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.875" from the wall.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public
place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington
Lock (sold separately). This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a
Kensington Lock device.