Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung's gorgeous plasma picture, now even better
Picture depth has always been a strength of plasma TVs, and 3D-ready plasmas like the PN50C7000 take that to a whole new level. Plus, Samsung's 3D-ready plasmas offer more screen for your money than their 3D-ready LCDs. If you saw Avatar, you know how much 3D adds to the movie experience. You feel more a part of the on-screen action, and characters actually seem more real. When you combine the PN50C7000 with a 3D video source and Samsung's 3D glasses (sold separately), you can enjoy hyper-realistic viewing right in your living room.
How 3D TV works
3D technology creates the illusion of depth in a two-dimensional image by presenting a slightly different view to each eye. Our eyes and brain do this every day, allowing us to see the world around us in 3D. Samsung's PN50C7000 achieves a similar result by using a special plasma panel that can actually display two different versions of a video image, with the video frames alternating at very high speed.
It's not 3D without the glasses...
Samsung's special 3D glasses work hand in glove with the screen to create three-dimensional images. These liquid-crystal "shutter" glasses alternately block out the left or right lens in coordination with the frames flashing on screen. The glasses communicate wirelessly with the PN50C7000 via infrared beams. It sounds complicated, but it works seamlessly, creating an intensely immersive experience for movies, sports, and video games.
...and a source of 3D video
The ultimate 3D viewing experience starts with video material that was filmed or created in 3D. You can choose from several 3D Blu-ray players, and a limited number of 3D Blu-ray titles should be available. Also, ESPN® and DIRECTV® have launched dedicated 3D channels so that true 3D content is available to over 40 million satellite and cable TV viewers. As a bonus, the PN50C7000 features powerful video processing that creates a 3D effect with standard 2D broadcasts, Blu-rays, DVDs and video games.
When you're connected to the Web, there's always something cool to watch
When you connect to your broadband Internet service you'll see why Samsung calls this a Smart TV. Built-in web "apps" let you instantly watch movies streaming from Netflix®, and order on-demand high-def titles from Vudu®. You can even use one of the TV's USB ports to plug in Samsung's wireless adapter for convenient media streaming over your wireless network.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 49.9" screen (measured diagonally)
- ultra-slim bezel with brushed-black finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- can display 3D images when viewed with Samsung's shutter glasses (sold separately)
- 600Hz Subfield Motion for clearer video motion
- FilterBright® anti-glare coating
- 5,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Internet-ready plays Netflix video and more (broadband service required; subscription required for Netflix service)
- you can find a complete list of Internet apps for this TV at Samsung's guide for apps
- AllShare video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC (wireless streaming requires Samsung's USB adapter)
- 1-tuner picture-in-picture
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- illuminated remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- 4 HDMI v1.4 accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- Audio Return Channel sends audio to a compatible A/V receiver via HDMI
- high-speed connection for a wired home network (Ethernet-to-USB adapter included)
- 2 USB ports (1 for connecting a camera or thumb drive, 1 for use with Samsung's wireless USB adapter)
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 21-3/4"W x 11"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 47-5/8"W x 29-1/2"H x 1-3/4"D (31-3/4"H x 11"D on stand)
- weight: 64.4 lbs. with stand; 54 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Immersive 3D viewing whenever you want
If you've been wowed by recent 3D movies in the theater, you can now watch in 3D in your living room. 3D pictures add depth and dimensionality that pulls you into the on-screen action. To experience the 3D effects you need to wear special 3D glasses; make sure you choose a TV and glasses from the same brand to ensure compatibility. 3D TVs also offer fantastic 2D picture quality for everything else that you watch.
Samsung PN50C7000 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
This tv has spectacular picture...like the many features. Haven't tried the 3D. Unfortunately, the first tv we had kept going to a black screen intermittently. We had it 2 weeks. Crutchfield has SUPBERB service and replaced the tv. Unfortunately, 2 weeks after watching it, the same thing started to happen. We changed out cables, tried with different components, and even updated the software, but again the tv picture will black out intermittently. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!
We bought this TV from local electronics store on black Friday, our first plasma. Not having
any expertise in buying a flat screen there were a few things we did not even consider until
we got it home. one is the heat generated by the TV. I guess this is normal. second was the
new TV had a buzz that could be heard when volume was low. for the amount of $ we paid
we found it unacceptable enough to return. The TV did have a very nice picture and had no
other problems. but once heard that buzz and we tried a couple of recommended things to
fix, like a good grounded surge protector, it was just something we couldn't look past. i've
read other reviews, some people it doesn't bother and maybe not all of the tvs do....
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Just went from an LED to this Plasma after alot of homework and glad I did. The picture
on this TV is absolutey beautiful what a difference in Plasma verses LED. Love the 3D
effect tried with PS3 game blew me away. Glasses are a little cumbersome but can
handle it. Love the internet access also. Did I say how crisp and clear the picture was!!!!
Best purchase I've made in a while in electronics. Crutchfield tech service is the best,
very knowledgeable people that have answered every question I've thrown at them.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I don't know how you can have anything negative to say about this TV. The picture quality
is stunning with no issues. I was concerned going with a plasma TV because the room
is fairly bright during the day but it looks great even in the middle of the day. 3D was not
an issue when I began looking but it's pretty cool; both with a real 3D source (blu-ray)
and letting the TV convert 2D to 3D. It looks great mounted on the wall because it is so
thin. I am certainly no expert but for the money this TV is truly superb.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I am glad I got this TV. I haven't found anything that I don't like about it yet.
Features are inaccurate
The Samsung Q and A site used to say this TV was skype capable. Crutchfield still says it is. I even chatted with tech support and they confirmed that it was indeed skype capable. Turns out, it is only the LED tvs that are. Now I'm stuck with a useless $150 camera. Also, I have found that the codecs that are supposedly supported in the Media Play feature do not work properly. If you just want a TV, this is a good option, but please be very careful if you are buying it for features. I've found Samsung is very deceptive about the feature set.
The decision not to include Skype seems purely for the purpose of getting customers into buying a more expensive TV. I am hoping that they provide a firmware update, rather than alienate a customer base. If they do, I will update my review.
[Editor's Note: Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed it is not Skype capable, and updated our database accordingly.]
not as good
Hi i just wanted to say that i had the 2009 860 series plasma from samsung and had to return it because of somthing wrong with the picture however now that i have the pn50c7000 plasma although a good plasma hdtv i do not think its has as good of a picture i will tell you what i think is wrong with it is that the new anti glare filter is dimming the pop of that plasma picture we all love.so just look into it for yourself.
What's in the box?
- 50" Plasma TV
- Main wireless remote control (BN59-01043A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal shaft
- Bottom cover (used when wall mounting)
- Eleven M4 x 12mm screws
- 4 Plastic wall-mount holder-rings
- TV-holder attachment with mounting screw
- Plastic wire cable holder
- 3 Self-adhesive wire clips
- Self-adhesive wire stand
- 2 Ferrite cores
- Screen cleaning cloth
- User Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Quick Setup Guide (Eng)
- Quick Setup Guide (Spanish)
- Stand Assembly instructions
- Stand Assembly diagram
- "Securing the TV to the Wall" instructions
- Important Safety Instructions
- Cleaning note
- Limited Warranty To Original Purchaser (US)
- Warranty Information (Canada)
- DIRECTV brochure
Features and Specs
Clear Image Panel: Samsung's Clear Image Panel technology delivers clear images from every angle without the dual images and blurring typically found with conventional panels. This single-filter clear panel design eliminates the off-angle reflections that cause picture blurring of images and details so images look great at virtually any angle.
E-Panel Technology: Samsung's E-panel technology combines superior picture quality with enhanced color, saturation, and contrast; as well as energy efficiency. The E-Panel system features two separate unique technologies. FilterBright minimizes glare and reflections for optimal viewing any time of day and 600Hz Subfield Motion with a .001ms response time help to deliver a clear picture for sports, action, and other fast-moving scenes
- FilterBright Anti-Glare Filter: The anti-glare filter reduces reflections noticeably while maintaining ultra-high picture contrast. Daytime sports events look crisp and bright, while movies at night feature rich blacks and realistic shadow detail. Minimized image glare and maximized contrast make this HDTV perfect for the ultimate viewing experience day or night.
- 600Hz Subfield Motion: The television features 600Hz Subfield Motion technology with a fast 0.001ms response time that minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programming and movie content.
Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio: This Plasma TV has a mega dynamic contrast ratio if 5,000,000:1, giving you brilliant brightness and contrast for superior picture and detail from both PC and TV images.
Crystal Full HD Engine: Images of incredible clarity are achieved by the Samsung Crystal Full HD Engine chip. By unifying all of the TV's advanced imaging technologies, the Samsung Crystal Full HD Engine expands performance, enhances all aspects of the image, and takes picture quality and image integrity to new levels of excellence.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Native Resolution: The Plasma television displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
Video Inputs: The Samsung Plasma TV features analog (component/composite) and digital (HDMI) video inputs.
- HDMI (ver.1.4): The Samsung Plasma TV features four rear-panel 1080p (24/60Hz) HDMI 1.4 inputs. The Samsung Plasma TV supports HDMI 1.4 (with 3D and Audio Return Channel). The HDMI 1 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Component Video: The Samsung Plasma TV features one component video input. The component video input will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The component video input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
Hyper Real 3D Engine: The Plasma TV's Hyper Real 3D Engine enables you to view 3D video from HDMI 1.4 3D (1920 x 2205p-24Hz and 1280 x 1470p-50/60Hz) sources and standard HDMI 2D (1920 x 1080p-24Hz or 1280 x 720p-50/60Hz) sources. In order to view 3D video, you will need a pair of Samsung 3D Glasses (such as the 305P2100T; sold separately). You can adjust the images for the left and right eye to enhance your 3D experience. The Samsung Plasma TV offers various 3D modes to match your 3D viewing needs.
- 2D-3D: Changes a 2D image to 3D; you can adjust the focus and depth of the image to maximize 3D experience.
- Side-by-Side: Displays two images next to each other. You can set the TV to display a Side-by-Side 3D image automatically for the following resolutions (16:9 only) - 1280 x 720p (60Hz), 1920 x 1080i (60Hz), and 1920 x 1080p (24/30/60Hz).
- Top & Bottom: Displays one image above another. Available when the resolution is 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
- Line-by-Line: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in rows. Available when the resolution is set to PC through HDMI or DVI.
- Vertical Stripe: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in columns. Available when the resolution is set to PC through HDMI or DVI.
- Checker Board: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in pixels. Available when the resolution is set to PC through HDMI or DVI.
- Frequency (60Hz): Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in frames. Available in PC mode only (1920 x 1080).
- 3D-2D: Displays the image for the left eye only.
- Off: Turns the 3D function off.
Note: There is a 3D emitter on the front-panel of the Plasma TV. If there is any obstacle between the emitter and the 3D glasses, the proper 3D effect may not be obtained. 3D glasses from other manufacturers may not be supported. 3D Mode is automatically disabled when accessing Media Play or Internet@TV. PIP, Auto Program, and some Picture Adjustment functions will be disabled in 3D mode.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The ARC function enables digital output of sound using the television's HDMI (ver.1.4) In 2 port and can only be operated when the TV is connected to an audio receiver that also supports the ARC function. When the Input Source of the Plasma television is the TV (antenna), the ARC function allows audio from the TV to be heard through a connected AV receiver via the television's HDMI 2 input. The audio is sent from the Plasma TV to your receiver via a single HDMI cable without the need for a separate optical cable.
Note: The ARC (Audio Return Channel) function is only supported on the television's HDMI 2 input. Your receiver must also support the ARC function and must be connected using a Category2 High-Speed HDMI cable
Anti Burn-In Technology: To reduce the possibility of screen burn-in, this Plasma TV is equipped with screen burn-in prevention technology. Samsung's Anti-burn-in technology uses auto pixel shift and signal pattern processing functions to ensure that no images are burned into the plasma panel. The Time setting allows you to program the time between movement of the picture in minutes.
- Pixel Shift: This function shifts the pixels of the displayed image every 1-4 minutes to prevent burn-in.
- Scrolling: This function removes after-images on the screen by moving all the pixels on the PDP according to a pattern.
- Side Gray (Dark/Light): When you watch TV with the screen ratio of 4:3, the screen is prevented from any damage by adjusting the white balance on both the extreme left and right sides of the television.
- Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (10, 2, 40, 60 minutes) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes:
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external device you have connected to an input of the TV.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustment for an optimum picture:
- Automatic Picture Settings:
- Standard: suitable for a normal room
- Relax: suitable for an eye comfortable display (not available in PC mode)
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Movie: suitable for watching movies in a dark room
- Cell Light: sets the pixel brightness
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Advanced Picture Settings:
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth (off, dark, darker, darkest)
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided (off, low, medium, high)
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity from -3 to +3
- Expert Pattern: by running the Expert Pattern function, the picture can be calibrated
- Color Space: color space is a color matrix composed of red, green and blue colors, you can select your favorite color space to experience the most natural color; you can choose from Auto, Native, or Custom (Red/Green/Blue)
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Flesh Tone: emphasize the pink flesh tone in a picture
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- 10p White Balance: controls the white balance in 10-point intervals by adjusting the red, green, and blue brightness
- Edge Enhancement: emphasize object boundaries in the picture
- xvYCC: provides a wider color space when used with xvYCC-compatible video components and content; using HDMI or component video connections; you can turn this feature On or Off; Picture Mode must be set to Movie to use this feature
HDMI Black Level: You can select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television. You can select either Normal or Low.
Digital Noise Filter: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Reduction feature to help reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. You can select Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
MPEG Noise Filter: This filter reduces MPEG noise of the picture. You can set the MPEG Noise Filter to Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
PIP (Picture-in-Picture): You can watch the TV's tuner and one external video source simultaneously. The TV channel will be displayed in a sub-screen which can be moved to each corner of the television's screen.
|Main Picture||Sub Picture|
|External Input: Component, HDMI, PC||TV: Antenna input|
Note: PIP does not function in the same mode.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
SRS TheaterSound: You can choose from the following sound settings:
- Standard: Select the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
- Custom: Adjusts the 5-band EQ; 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz.
SRS TruSurround HD: SRS TruSurround HD is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
SRS TruDialog: This function allows you to increase the intensity of a voice over background music or sound effects so that dialogue can be heard more clearly.
Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung Plasma television provides an analog and digital audio output.
- Digital Audio: The optical digital output on the rear panel will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM.
- Analog Audio: The 3.5mm stereo audio output allows you connect the TV to your home stereo.
PC-Capable: This unit has a 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen quality and position. The Samsung Plasma TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Note: The PC input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection.
Dual USB Ports: The Plasma TV features two rear-panel USB type-A ports. The USB ports can be used for firmware updates, playing music or picture/video files stored on a USB Mass Storage Class Device (MSC), or connecting to Samsung's network wirelessly using the proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (305Link, sold separately).
Media Play: Media Play enables you to view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class device (MTP: Media Transfer Protocol is not supported) using one of the television's USB type-A ports. Files must be formatted in FAT16/32 or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files in each folder.
- Video (MPEG-4) Playback: The TV supports the following Video formats (MPEG 1/2/4, DivX 3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0, XviD, H.264 BP/MP/HP, and WMV-9) up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image (JPEG) Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view (up to 15 images). Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio (MP3) Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a frequency rate of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album Genre, or Mood. Music files can be repeated in a selected folder.
Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung Plasma TV so that it can access the Internet through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (optional adapter required). You will also be able to play your pictures, music, and videos saved on your PC through the television using either connection. You can attach the TV to your network via a hardwired Ethernet (RJ-45) connection or a wireless connection using the optional Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter (305Link, sold separately). You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You san setup the wireless network connection using these four methods - PBC (WPS), Auto Network Search, Ad-Hoc, or Manually.
Note: Samsung's Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately) supports IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N and WEP/TKIP/TKIP-AES (except for 802.11N). When playing video over a IEEE 802.1B/G connection, the video may not pay smoothly.
DLNA Certified: The television's DLNA Certification allows you to watch videos, photos, and listen to music saved on your Windows 7 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or using wireless LAN connection (adapter sold separately). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Internet@TV: The Samsung Plasma TV features built-in web applications which allow you to stream video, play games, view pictures, and stay informed with news, stocks and weather information; as well as communicate with friends and family from the internet through the televisions Ethernet port or wireless connection (optional). The Internet@TV service provides Samsung Apps and a Yahoo Widget Engine.
- Samsung Apps: From the TV's on-screen Samsung Apps menu you can
download a variety of content. You can search for internet content by
- What's New: Displays newly registered applications.
- Video: Displays various video media such as movies, TV shows, and short length videos from Blockbuster, YouTube, and Netflix.
- Games: Displays various games such as monopoly, sudoku, and chess.
- Sports: Displays various ports media such as match information, images, and short length video from the Associated Press and USA Today.
- Lifestyle: Includes various lifestyle media services such a music, personal photo management tools, and social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Pandora, etc.)
- Information: Includes various information services such as news, stocks, and weather.
- Others: Includes other miscellaneous services.
- My Page: Displays the application list and your cyber cash balance (starting in the middle of 2010, you can purchase cyber-cash for buying applications through tv.samsung.com.
- Help: Provides helpful information about Internet@TV
- Yahoo Widget Engine: The TV's integrated Yahoo Widget Engine allows you to monitor financial stocks, share photos with friends and family, and track news and weather from the television's network connection.
Note: Online content may change without notice (please check Samsung.com for latest online content).
AllShare: AllShare connects the Samsung Plasma TV and compatible Samsung mobile phones/devices through your network connection. On the TV, you can view call arrivals, SMS messages and schedules set on your mobile phone. In addition, you can play media contents, including photos, videos, and music saved on your mobile phone or other devices (such as your PC) by controlling them on the TV via your network connection. Additionally, you can use the TV for browsing web pages in your mobile phone.
Note: Please visit Samsung.com for compatible devices.
ToC (Touch of Color): Samsung's new Touch of Color design features a clear bezel around the traditional piano black frame of the Samsung 7000 Series Plasma television.
Ultra-Slim Design: The Samsung Plasma TV features a slim flat-panel design that measures only 1.6875" deep (with cord).
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Channel Labels: Each analog channel programmed into memory can be labeled with a name. Digital channels names are already assigned and cannot be edited.
Favorite Channel: You can create a list of your favorite channels and recall the list using the FAV.CH button on the remote.
Analog Channel Fine Tuning: The fine tuning feature allows you to manually adjust analog channels for optimal reception. A separate fine tuning setting may be put into the TV's memory for each analog channel.
V-Chip: The V-Chip automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can set up the parameters for the V-Chip using the TV Parental Guidelines, MPAA (movie) ratings, Canadian French, or Canadian English ratings systems. The V-Chip function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
ENERGY STAR Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung Plasma TV is ENERGY STAR compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- ECO Sensor: To enhance your power savings, the picture settings will automatically adapt to the light in the room.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, Auto, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung Plasma TV provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture and sound problems.
Illuminated Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung Plasma television and Anynet+ connected components. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23 feet from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Note: This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, and Volume buttons for the visually impaired.
Anynet+: Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with the Samsung television's remote control. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that support the Anynet+ features. The Anynet+ feature must be turned on in the menu to function.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. The pedestal stand allows the TV to swivel left to right +/- 20-degrees. The television weighs 64.4 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back-panel for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 400 x 400 (400mm horizontal x 400mm vertical) in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The threaded inserts require M8 (8mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 54.0 lbs without the stand.
Note: The four supplied plastic ring-holders should be used when installing an optional wall-mount bracket. The right-angle AC plug sits 1.0" from the wall.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.