Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
A top choice for picture quality fanatics
For the last two years, Samsung has built a flagship series of LCD TVs with a wildly different cosmetic design, as well as a series with nearly identical performance and features, but a more conventional look and a lower price tag. For 2013, the "conventional" design is Samsung's F7500 series. It's an opportunity to get state-of-the-art picture quality while saving a few hundred bucks compared to the flagship models.
The UN55F7500's LED backlight employs Samsung's Micro Dimming Pro technology to produce a more accurate picture. The TV divides the image into multiple areas and applies the correct contrast levels to each area. The edge-mounted LEDs can actually dim independently based on the content in each scene.
Expect the spectacular — in 2D or 3D
The F7500 series delivers a spectacular picture in 2D or 3D. Just slip on a pair of the included glasses to enjoy a deeper view, and not just with true 3D video sources — switch on the TV's 2D-to-3D conversion for added depth with regular 2D video. And even if 3D doesn't appeal to you right now, this set still deserves consideration if picture quality is your number one priority. It's that good.
One of the first Smart TVs with a quad-core processor
The UN55F7500 is one of Samsung's smartest Smart TVs ever thanks to a 1.35GHz quad-core processor. That's more horsepower than most tablets have. Besides surfing the web you can do things like multitask or use one app while downloading another. Whether your connection is wired or wireless, you can do a quick web search
while you watch movies and TV shows, and enjoy TV while you chat with friends and family online. Along with built-in apps for services like Netflix®, Hulu Plus™, and YouTube™, you can download new ones from Samsung's large selection of apps.
Samsung's Galaxy phones and tablets add handheld viewing and control
Samsung's AllShare™ Play lets you wirelessly access and stream content from any compatible device. If you have a Galaxy S3 smartphone or Galaxy tablet, you can share movies, photos, and music via the UN55F7500. Your Wi-Fi® network lets you do things like toss photos from your phone or tablet to the screen with the swipe of a finger. Or push streaming video like Netflix movies from device to screen.
Sending content from your phone to your TV is cool, and going TV-to-phone is even cooler. Just download Samsung's free Smart View app and use the TV View feature to mirror whatever's on the UN55F7500's screen on your Galaxy S3 or newer phone or Galaxy tablet. You can leave the room anytime without leaving your entertainment behind. Think of it as whole-house television you hold in your hand.
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen, ultra-thin bezel with charcoal gray finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- displays 3D images when you wear Samsung's active 3D glasses (4 pairs of glasses are included)
- 2D-to-3D conversion adds 3D-like depth to non-3D video sources
- LED edge backlight with Micro Dimming Pro for exceptional picture contrast with deep black levels
- Clear Motion Rate 960 blur reduction (240Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning)
- Internet-ready Smart TV plays Netflix® video and more (subscription required for some services)
- supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix and Vudu (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- Smart Interaction 2.0 voice and gesture control
- top-mounted pop-up camera
- quad-core processor for improved web browsing and app multitasking
- AllShare video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- MHL-compatible HDMI input for viewing photos/videos from a compatible smartphone on the TV's screen
- 2-way screen mirroring via Wi-Fi send content wirelessly from device-to-TV or TV-to-device with compatible Samsung smartphones and tablets
- Skype Internet calling (subscription required)
- wireless keyboard-compatible (keyboard not included)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- illuminated touchpad remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- free downloadable Android app lets you use a compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
Connections and Dimensions:
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 4 HDMI
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- 1 composite video
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output (may only pass 2-channel audio from HDMI-connected sources)
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or home stereo system
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 3 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 26-7/16"W x 12-1/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 48-3/8"W x 27-7/8"H x 1-7/16"D (31"H x 12-1/8"D on stand)
- weight: 36.1 lbs. with stand; 32.6 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why choose an LED-LCD TV?
Reason #1: Awesome picture quality. The LED backlights in these higher-end LCD TVs can give you better picture contrast and more lifelike colors than sets with typical fluorescent backlighting. Reason #2: They're more energy-efficient than plasma or regular LCD TVs, helping you lower your monthly electric bill and helping the environment.
Samsung UN55F7500 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Got a terrific deal on this set. Crutchfield had the best price and with their superb reputation it was a no brainer. Picture is outstanding and the set looks pretty even when it's off. Installation was simple, just plug the power cable in last and the TV does the rest. I got my PC hooked up to it so I don't use the aps. Nice upgrade to my 3 year old non 3D 55 inch LED TV made by another popular manufacturer. Lovin it!
Pros: Vibrant colors
Cons: Should probably get it calibrated.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought this as a second TV in for our family room. The room has a lot of natural light. This TV can be very bright, has deep blacks, and a very crisp clear picture. As with all Samsung's, there are plenty of options to adjust the picture as you see fit. It's also one of the better sounding TV's I've heard. The Smart TV app's are pretty fast, especially Amazon Instant Video. I highly recommend this set if you are looking for a reasonably priced mid-sized TV.
Pros: Excellent picture and deep blacks. Great in bright or dark rooms. SmartTV works very well and is faster than any other Samsung TV's I've had.
Cons: Motion control is pretty useless. The remote that's included is not my favorite but I use a Logitech universal remote anyway.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great TV. Fantastic Picture and easy to set up. I was initially looking at the 8000 series but decided on this one a little less expensive and the few changes in the 8000 series over this 7500 series are something I nor average to even higher end user may not see any difference. I'm very happy I choose this one. The voice control and hand motion control is OK. Not sure how much I will use it but kids like being able to talk to TV. Still easier and faster to use remote to change channels and TV functions. Camera is nice to have for Skype calls. I also like how it can access my amazon prime movies to play right on TV.
Pros: Great picture.
Cons: Renotre is not bad but buttons could be easier to press.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
We got this at an outlet price and have loved it ever since we got it. We had a 1080p HDTV from JVC that we thought we loved until we got this one. The picture is so much more clear and brilliant. It was like seeing HDTV for the first time all over again.
But it also tried to do too much. It is nice, but sometimes I really just want to watch TV and not deal with everything.
Pros: Picture abilities, TV Frame size (meaning that it is thin and good looking), weight, camera, internet access, Skype motion footage, apps, no obvious SAMSUNG logo like Vizio does. YouTube access is great and can be done from you laptop of smartphone right to the TV. You can also use your phone as a remote, but it is very limited.
Cons: The remote sucks and the guide that comes with the TV is annoying. It starts from the beginning every time you open and close it. VERY annoying. And 3D just kind of sucks in general, not really specific to this TV. But, who really needs 3D? Honestly. Maybe with expensive glasses it is better? Who knows.
Beautiful picture, bad everything else
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The picture is absolutely beautiful.
Nearly everything else about this TV is an exercise in frustration. The remote is a bad joke -- the touchpad is nothing but a d-pad that ignores 2 out of every 3 clicks (and the remote goes through a set of batteries about every 2 months). The "smart" features aren't. Playing a movie from my home NAS? Works great -- except there's about a 50/50 chance it won't have any sound, which you can usually fix by rebooting the TV (ie, turning it on and off, and starting the movie again). Worst CEC implementation I've seen -- it's constantly fighting with my receiver trying to be "in charge" of controlling everything. It regularly puts up a dialog announcing it's "lost the Anynet+ connection".
I'd think long and hard about buying this TV again -- unfortunately I think this kind of shoddy software comes with every TV these days -- and really it's almost worth it for the picture.
Pros: - gorgeous picture
Cons: - plan to buy a replacement remote, because you'll need to... - doesn't play well with other HDMI-CEC devices - even the software update mechanism isn't very reliable
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The TV was very easy to install. It is very light compared to the older unit (4 yrs). Hookup and setup was easy. Getting through some of the screens is difficult at first until we understood some of the vast increase in functionality. My wife likes the picture, but wishes the controls were a little more simple. The Eco light control sometimes turns the light back a little too much. Overall a great set.
Pros: Lightweight Easy to set up Great picture and sound Detail and motion very crisp
Cons: Eco light control sometimes gets the picture too dark in reduced light Mute does not turn off the audio to the sound system, so we then have to mute it separately
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Terrific TV! Easy to set up and delivered promptly.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Phenomenal TV...clear, crisp picture. My wife keeps asking if the TV shows we watch are now 'live. Sound is also good, but when you add a Samsung Sound bar, even better...everything works seamlessly
Pros: Great video and audio..loading menus are extremely fast. Why would anyone need a 4k TV?
Cons: Can't think of any...
Terrific TV (won't be beat until 4k & OLED come out)
This is fantastic TV with a great picture, snappy fast menus, and a very low profile look. I'm sure that you can read about the detailed features in the description, so I'll just mention what mattered to me when deciding:
When comparing the F7500 to the 8000 (1 model up) and the 7100 (1 model down), there are just a few features that change (e.g. blur reduction, micro dimming, webcam). Frankly, you can't tell the difference in picture without a side-by-side comparison and some really keen eyes & the webcam isn't useful enough to change anyone's mind. The deciding feature for me was the faster quad-core chip and the Smart Evolution kit compatibility. In short, the menus on the 7500 and 8000 are just faster. Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, and especially Plex all load and play faster with the faster chip than on the lower models. Also, this chip only upgradeable ($200 extra kit later) on the 7500 and 8000. That means the top two models will be faster longer; the 7100 and below will not be able to be upgraded. Truthfully, I think Samsung is completely aware that the 7100 or even the 6300 are as good picture-wise as the upper end TVs, so they put in a slower chip and locked down the upgrade ability to force you into the higher end model. That was the case for me anyway.
All in all, it's a great TV and I'm very happy with my purchase.
Pair it together with a Sanus LL11-B1 mount from Crutchfield for a terrific low-profile that puts the screen <1" from the wall.
Pros: -Some useful SmartTV apps especially Plex, Netflix, Hulu+, and Pandora. If you don't know what Plex is, Google it immediately. It's basically a free Roku in your TV for playing your own music, movies, and pictures. Amazing! -Great picture, which is made even better with the thorough picture settings -Small bezel (~1/4") and thin panel (~1/2") -Very fast menu navigation due to quad core cpu -Wireless (this is 802.11 N, so it's very fast) -Camera can be hidden (unlike last year's model
Cons: -The motion detection is gimmicky and not particularly useful. I hid the camera. -The SmartTV stuff is cool enough but not as good as a standalone Roku, AppleTV, or WD Play. -NOT A TOTAL CON, but the remote is a little different. What's great is how small, fast, and low profile it is. What's annoying is that is has so few buttons, that many inputs and options (ex. for a DVR) are hidden in secondary menus that require additional clicks to get to.
Get the extended warranty
The tv itself has the best picture I have seen.3D frame rate is pretty clear has some lag but so does imax.Very impressed.Voice features face image recognision wifi ect.
Pros: Very clear and crisp picture.
Cons: First tv had a bad main board picture quality was bad compared to floor model had it replaced.6 months tv would not turn off and no features or the remote would not work.Tech came out and replaced one of the boards.Tv pretty easy to work on only 3 pc boards inside that can be replaced in full but cost is problubly hight.Great tv but quality these days and production well you know.I highly recomend the warranty.On all new electronics to be honest.
Excellent company, service,product
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great prices, excellent service an delivery will be buying from them again. Love the TV, bought because my sister got the 60" and she is also loving it.
What's in the box?
- 55" LED-LCD TV
- 5' AC power cord
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- Smart Touch Remote Control (AA59-00758A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- IR blaster
- 4 Pair of 3D active glasses (SSG-5100GB)
- Four CR2025 3V batteries
- Composite video/stereo RCA adapter
- Self-adhesive wire stand
- Eight 4mm x 12mm screws
- 4 Wall-mount inserts
- Cleaning cloth
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Precautions
- "Stop/Samsung Support" note
Features and Specs
LED Edge-Lighting w/ Micro Dimming Pro: Samsung's LED Edge-Lighting technology w/ Micro Dimming Pro maximizes the contrast between lights and darks to create a picture that is as true-to-life as possible. The television's white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. Samsung's innovative Micro Dimming Pro technology scans zones across the image and adjusts brightness to deliver deeper, darker tones and brighter whites. It also eliminates the "halo" effect and any kind of image distortion that can happen with diffused lights. The result is a picture rich with vivid detail and accurate color reproduction.
Ultra Clear Panel: Sometimes you can't keep sunlight or house lights from shining right on your TV screen. With Samsung's Ultra Clear Panel, you can still get an amazing picture even with reflective light. Ultra Clear Panel absorbs most ambient light and virtually eliminates reflections. Ultra Clear Panel also helps make colors more vibrant with deeper blacks and enhanced contrast for crisper images and excellent shadow detail.
Clear Motion Rate 960: Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is Samsung's more comprehensive and accurate measure for how well the LED-LCD TV can display fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was expressed simply by the refresh rate, measured in Hz. CMR, however, takes into account all three factors that contribute to motion clarity: panel refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology. CMR is measured by determining the thinnest line a TV can display in a moving image. The thinner the line, the higher the CMR rating, and the clearer the picture you'll enjoy on the screen.
- Panel Refresh Rate (Hz): Samsung's screen refresh rate (240Hz) significantly improves motion detail and resolution by sampling the image more frequently, leading to smoother, more fluid movement.
- Image Processor (Auto Motion Plus): Samsung's proprietary Auto Motion Plus image processing technology is faster and more responsive than conventional image processors, as it interpolates intermediate frames to smooth out the image.
- LED Backlight Technology: Samsung's Edge-Lighting Backlight technology regulates output precisely in synchronization with the screen refresh to lessen the time it is lit, reducing ghosting and motion blur.
Auto Motion Plus: Auto Motion Plus removes blur and judder from scenes with large amounts of rapid movement to provide a clearer picture. Auto Motion Plus reduces blur so that action movies, sports and video games have enhanced clarity. Advanced panels and unique backlight technology combine with proprietary algorithms to reduce the response time and yield a more accurate image reproduction with faster onscreen motion. Auto Motion Plus can be set to Clear, Standard, Smooth, Custom, or Off.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus: Wide Color Enhancer Plus allows you to see picture color the way the director originally intended. Witness the entire RGB spectrum brought to life on your screen to bring you exceptionally vibrant, yet natural-looking images faithful to the director's original intent.
Motion Lighting: The TV automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen in response to the brightness of the room. In bright light, the screen brightens. In dim light, the screen dims.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: The LED-LCD television displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
- HDMI (v.1.4): The Samsung LED-LCD TV features four HDMI 1.4 inputs to connect to your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable receiver, or AV receiver. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Component Video: The Samsung LED-LCD TV features a single component video input. The TV's component video input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
- Composite: In addition, there is a composite video input (480i only). This inputs consists of a 3.5mm AV input with a 3.5mm AV input to composite video/stereo RCA adapter.
HDMI (MHL) Port: The HDMI 4 port is designed for the connection of select mobile phones and other portable electronic devices using the new MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) standard. Simply plug your MHL compatible smartphone into the TV's HDMI 4 (MHL) port using the HDMI cable that is included with your mobile phone. MHL allows you to display full 1080p video and still images on the Samsung TV from your mobile smartphone. The TV's IR remote can be used to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Stop Fast Forward/Rewind, and Menu navigation). Your MHL compliant device will also charge while connected to the TV's HDMI 4 port. To find MHL-certified devices, go to www.mhlconsortium.org.
Full HD 3D (via HDMI 1.4): The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers Full HD (1080p) 3D capability. Samsung 3D TV utilizes Bluetooth-enabled active shutter glasses (two pair included) for a full 1080p 3D viewing experience when coupled with a 3D source, such as a 3D-ready Blu-ray player or an HD 3D broadcast from satellite or cable providers (connected via HDMI 1.4). The Samsung LED-LCD TV automatically adjusts the overall picture to provide an optimal 3D effect. The Samsung 3D TV also offers a unique feature that allows you to intensify your 2D viewing experience by up-converting it to virtual 3D. In addition, you can adjust the overall 3D perspective (+/-5) and overall 3D image depth (1-10). Samsung 3D TV supports Full HD 3D for 1920 x 2205p (24Hz) or 1280 x 1470p (60Hz) video signals; and virtual 3D for 1920 x 1080p (24/30/60Hz), 1920 x 1080i (60Hz), or 1280 x 720p (60hz) video signals. The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers various 3D modes to match your 3D viewing needs.
- 2D-3D: Changes a 2D image to 3D; you can adjust the focus and depth of the image to maximize 3D experience.
- Side-by-Side: Displays two images next to each other. Available when the resolution is 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
- Top & Bottom: Displays one image above another. Available when the resolution is 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
- 3D-2D: Displays the image for the left eye only.
- Off: Turns the 3D function off.
Note: 2010 Samsung IR 3D glasses and3D glasses from other manufacturers are not compatible. Some 3D modes may not be available depending on the format of the image source. PIP, Auto Program, and some Picture Adjustment functions will also be disabled in 3D mode.
Included 3D Glasses (4 pair): The Samsung LED-LCD TV includes four pair of 3D active glasses with built-in Bluetooth. Samsung's 3D Active Glasses (SSG-5100GB) offer a comfortable fit through its lightweight frame and flexible noise- and ear-pieces. The Samsung 3D Active Glasses are powered by a single CR2025 3V lithium coin-type battery (pre-installed). The battery can last up to 150 hours when powered on. The Samsung's 3D Active Glasses provide a viewing range between 6' and 19.5' from the Samsung 3D-ready TV.
Note: If the 3D glasses move outside of the recommended operating distance, the signal from the TV will be disconnected and the display of the 3D glasses will turn off after several seconds. If you lie on your side while watch TV with 3D glasses, the picture may look dark or may not be visible. When viewing 3D video under fluorescent lighting (50-60Hz), you may notice a small amount of screen flickering.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted.
- Smart View 1/2: Reduces the 16:9 picture by 50% (1) or 25% (2).
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments
to the picture.
- Dynamic: increases the brightness of the screen (suitable for bright rooms)
- Standard: suitable for a normal environment
- Natural: useful for reducing eye strain
- Movie: darkens the screen and reduces glare (appropriate for dark rooms)
- Entertain: sharpens images for a more dynamic viewing experience (only available when connected to a computer)
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for
manually adjusting the picture quality.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture (not as effective as Backlight setting)
- Sharpness: sharpens or dulls the edges of objects
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Flesh Tone: adjusts the amount of red in skin tones
- RGB Only Mode: displays the Red, Green, and Blue color for making find adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image (Auto/Native)
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- 10p White Balance: controls the white balance in 10 pint intervals by adjusting the re, green, and blue brightness
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity
- Expert Pattern: use this function to calibrate the picture using shades of grey and black, plus color
- Picture Options: Additional picture
options provide you with a better viewing experience.
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Digital Clean View: if the broadcast signal received by the TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Clean View feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- MPEG Noise Filter: reduces MPEG noise to provide an improved picture
- HDMI Black Level: select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television
- Cinema Black: dims the top & bottom areas of the video image to provide a more immersive viewing experience (Movie mode only)
Note: You can adjust and store Picture Settings for each external device connected to the TV.
Film & Game Modes: The television provides Film & Game modes.
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
- Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
BD Wise: BD Wise provides the optimal picture quality for Samsung DVD, Blu-ray, and Home Theater products which support BD Wise. When BD Wise is set to On, the TV's picture mode is automatically changed to the optimal resolution.
PIP (Picture-in-Picture): You can watch the TV's tuner and one external video source (component/HDMI) simultaneously. The component/HDMI source will be displayed as the main picture, while the TV channel will be displayed in a sub-screen, while which can be moved to each corner of the television's screen. You can switch the audio between the main screen and sub-screen.
DNSE+ Processing: The Samsung LED-LCD TV employs DNSe+ processing which provides selectable custom settings for experiencing surround sound with maximum bass response, dialog clarity, and consistent volume levels from any content source, including Blu-ray movies, TV programming, streaming, and games.
- Virtual Surround: The TV delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through its two-speaker system.
- Dialog Clarity: This function allows you to increase the intensity of a voice over background music or sound effects so that dialogcan be heard more clearly.
- Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
Dolby Digital Pulse: Optimizes the TV sound quality when viewing and listening to Internet movies, Internet music, and other content played back from your wired or wireless network connection.
Sound Position: The speakers of this TV provide different sound images according to how you position the television. You can select between "Wall-Mount" or "Stand" to provide the best sound quality based on the television's placement.
5-Band EQ + Sound Modes: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 5-band EQ (100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz) for a more customized sound; or simply choose from the following Preset Sound Modes:
- Standard: Selects the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
Audio Extras: The Samsung TV offers a variety of audio adjustments to meet your listening needs.
- 3D Audio: 3D audio technology provides immersive sound that matches the pop-up effect of 3 Video by using perspective in the audio depth control. 3D Audio in only available while viewing 3D content.
- Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
- Picture Off: You can turn the television's screen off and still listen to audio.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LED-LCD television provides an analog and digital audio output.
- Digital Audio (Dolby Digital/DTS compatible): The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital/DTS (when available) or 2 channel PCM.The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, and USB ports on the LED-LCD TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo or a matrixed 5.1ch signal (DTS Neo 2.5) from sources connected to the TV via HDMI orRCA.
- Analog Audio: The television features a 3.5mm (minijack) audio output for connecting the television to an analog 2-channel receiver. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (119MCON2M, sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your soundbar speaker or AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminals will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables a TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection, and USB port can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 3 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
SoundShare: The TV is compatible with the SoundShare feature found on some Samsung Crystal Surround AirTrack active speaker systems (sound bars). SoundShare makes a wireless connection between the TV and the speaker system via Bluetooth. Once the two are paired, you can control the volume and mute the sound by using the remote control from the TV or the speaker system. If you change the AirTrack from TV mode to another mode or turned off, the TV audio will resume playing from the TV's speakers. SoundShare can be found on the Samsung HW-F450, HW-F550, HW-F551, HW-F750, and HW-F850.
Samsung's Quad Core Processor: Samsung's Quad Core processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time, such as using an app while downloading another one. It also enables extremely faster web browsing and application access.
Network Connection (wired/wireless): You can set up the Samsung LED-LCD TV so that it can access your home network and online Samsung Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi). You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; PBC (WPS), Auto Network Search, One Foot, or Manually.
Note: The TV's built-in WiFi supports IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless LAN networks and WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) network security.
WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung LED-LCD TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
AllShare/DLNA Certified: The Samsung LED-LCD TV's AllShare function, along with its DLNA Certification allow you to watch videos (Divx/AVI/H.264/MPEG/MKV/MOV/WMV), photos (JPEG/PNG/BMP/MPO), and listen to music (MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC/OGG) saved on your Windows PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: Windows PCs with XP and Vista installed require Samsung's PC Share Manager software, which can be downloaded for free at www.samsung.com. Not compatible with older Windows OS versions and Mac.
Screen Mirroring: This Screen Mirroring function lets you view the screen of your WiFi-enabled Samsung Android smart phone or tablet (with support for AllShare Cast) on the Samsung LED-LCD TV.
Samsung Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung TV to your home network, you gain access to Samsung Apps. Samsung Apps lets you download for pay or free-of-charge applications and services to the Samsung LED-LCD TV. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications; such as videos, music, photos, games, and news. Samsung Apps has a growing collection of pay and free-of-charge online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content; such as movies from Netflix or Vudu, TV shows from Hulu Plus, videos from YouTube, music from Pandora, and social updates from Facebook or Twitter.
- Movies: Watch movies and TV shows on Netflix (5.1ch), Vudu, HuluPlus, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, CinemaNow, and other online service providers.
- Music: Listen to music from Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, SHOUTcast Radio, & vTuner
- Social Networks: Share your thoughts and comments about a program on the air through social networking services. Social Networks displays social network services such as Twitter, Facebook, & Google Talk, on a single screen. You can post messages and comments in the same manner as you would using a computer. You also have access to YouTube & Picasa.
- News & Weather: Includes apps that provide information content; such as news (USA Today), weather (AccuWeather), and more.
- Fitness: Fitness is an application that helps you stay fit. Create a profile, set up an exercise plan, and start exercising according to a structured regimen.
- Kids: A recommended list for applications and content that is suitable for children and even provides services not currently installed on the TV. Using Kids, you can download applications and content for your children to your TV. Certain services, however, are fee-based.
Note: Samsung Apps require an Internet connection with a speed of 1.5mbps or greater. Some application services may be provided in English only and the content available may vary, depending on your area. Visit Samsung's App Store for a complete list of available Samsung Apps.
Web Browser You can access the internet using the player's Web Brower application. You can search web pages using Google or Bing. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can also save "Favorite" web pages and create a "Home" page. The playback of Flash videos is also supported. The Web Browser is optimized to fill your connected TV's screen. Use a keyboard and mouse for a more convenient web browsing experience Use a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) for a more convenient web browsing experience
Note: The browsing experience, however, may not be the same as it is on your computer. The Web Browser is not compatible with Java applications. E-commerce, for purchasing products online is not supported. ActiveX is not supported.
Skype w/ Built-in Camera & Mic: Samsung's free Skype app, plus the TV's built-in pop-up camera & mic lets you make video calls from the comfort of your living room. Using the TV's remote control, you can create free Skype accounts, log into existing accounts, and navigate via a simple Skype interface made for the big screen. You can make free Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls to friends and family, wherever they are in the world from the Samsung TV.
Note: The built-in, pop-up Camera adds 0.5625" to the height of the TV.
Tickers: The Ticker application provides useful News, Weather, and Stock Market information on-screen.
Link Service Accounts: The Link Service Accounts function lets you link your player to your accounts with Internet services (such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.) so that the player can log you into the service automatically when you start the app for that service.
Firmware/Software Updates: The television's Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the TV's software & firmware for performance improvements & additional services. You can upgrade in four ways; USB, Internet, Alternative Software, or Standby Mode. The tested television contained firmware version T-FXPAKUC-1014.5 (as of 4/9/2013). There was an immediate firmware update (ver. 1015) available. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware/Software updates.
Triple USB Ports: The television is equipped with three USB (type-A) ports. Two of the USB ports can accept a USB mass-storage-class device (5V, 0.5A), while the other USB port will accept a USB hard-disk-drive (5V, 1A). Either USB port lets you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB device. Files must be formatted in FAT16/32 or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files in each folder.
- Video Playback: The TV supports the following video file types; AVI, Divx, H.264, MPEG, MKV, MOV, and WMV. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a compatible USB device.
- Still Image Playback: The TV supports the following still image file types; JPEG, PNG, BMP, or MPO. Still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view. Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio Playback: The TV supports music files supports the following music file types; MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and OGG. Music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album, or Genre. Music files can be repeated or shuffled in a selected folder.
Smart Hub: This TV features Smart Hub, an interactive multi-purpose menu system. With Smart Hub, you can surf the web, download applications, and stay in touch with family and friends through social networking services. In addition, you can enjoy photo, video & music files stored on external storage devices. The new Smart Hub interface organizes your entertainment and content into 5 convenient panels.
- Social: Connect to YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. You can also make Skype video calls to friends by connecting the TV to a camera (sold separately from Samsung).
- Apps: Samsung Apps offers an extensive collection of free and paid news, sports, weather, and gaming content you can directly download to and enjoy on your TV.
- On TV: Check a listing of TV programs that are currently airing and are scheduled to be aired.
- Movies & TV Shows: Purchase and watch movies and TV shows from an online service provider. You can browse content by Favorites, Featured, Movies, or TV Shows.
- Photos/Videos/Music: Play back photo, video, and music files from an external USB or network storage device.
Content Discovery: The TV offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and network apps.
- Recommendations: The Recommendation feature helps you discover what you want to watch on TV or the Internet with customized content options based on your preferences. Select Timeline View to display program recommendations for different times of the day. You can even use the TV's voice control system to ask the TV to find things to watch and get program suggestions.
- Favorite Channels: You can designate frequently watched channels as "Favorites". You can create up to 5 favorite channel list for each member of you family. You can also rename and edit favorite channel lists.
- Genre: It is possible to filter channels by genre, if the channels contain proper genre information.
- Schedule Manager: Using this function, you can set the TV to display a desired channel automatically on a day and at a time of your choice. The Schedule Manager can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun.
RVU Compatible (for DirecTV): This Samsung television is RVU-compatible which means DIRECTV subscribers with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR can watch live broadcast and stored content from their DVR on the Samsung TV, without the need for an additional Genie Mini Client devices or set-top boxes. However, you will need a DECA unit (sold separately) that converts Coax to Ethernet, which will plug into the the Samsung TV's LAN port. Make sure the television has the latest firmware update.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI Device, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers Close Captions and an Audio Guide for the hearing and visually impaired.
- Close Captions (CC): The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size. The Caption feature does not work for Component and HDMI input sources.
- Audio Guide: Activate the audio guide for the visually impaired. This is only available with broadcasts that provide this service.
Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
ENERGY STAR Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LED-LCD TV is ENERGY STAR compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Eco Sensor: Samsung's unique Eco light sensor measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turn off after 4 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating.
Timers: The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers On/Off and Sleep timers for your convenience.
- On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
- Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
- Picture Test: Use to check for picture problems. If the problem appears in the test picture, select "Yes" and follow the directions on the screen.
- Sound Test: Use the built-in melody sound to check for sound problems. If the problem occurs during the test, select "Yes" and follow the directions on the screen.
- Signal Test: An HD digital channel's reception quality is either perfect or the channels are unavailable. Adjust your antenna to increase signal strength.
Remote Support: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your TV, adjust the TV settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your TV must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network.
E-Manual: The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Smart Touch Remote (w/ IR Blaster): The new Samsung Smart Touch Remote Control makes it even easier to navigate the television's entertainment sources, menu settings, and Smart TV features. Improved user convenience has been provided so that you can switch the channel and adjust the volume with just your fingertips while focusing on the TV screen. The built-in touchpad removes the need for a mouse when you change the menu settings or search for something on the Internet. You can even activate a virtual on-screen remote controller (w/ numeric keypad, playback controls, and shortcut menu) on the TV which can be operated through the remote's touchpad. It also has a built-in microphone that you can use to give the Samsung TV voice commands. In addition, the remote can be programmed to control satellite/cable boxes, Blu-ray players, and home theaters from other manufactures using the TV's setup menu and the included IR blaster. You can turn on the remote's backlight function for a brief moment with a press of a button.
Note: The Smart Touch Remote communicates with the TV through wireless Bluetooth communication. This means you don't have to point the remote directly at the TV. The remote will need to be initially paired with the TV.
Smart Interaction: The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers Smart Interaction with voice & motion control, as well as face recognition through its built-in pop-up camera and integrated microphone. The camera is retractable and its viewing angle is adjustable. Using the TV's Smart Interaction, you can access and control menu options and functions using speech, hand gestures, and face recognition.
- Voice Control: Using the TV's built-in microphone or the microphone on the included Smart Touch Remote and the voice control function of the TV, your voice is all you need to turn on the Samsung television, navigate menus, and get to your favorite Smart TV content. You can even use only your voice to switch the channel, adjust the volume level, and launch online apps while focusing on the TV screen, which removes the need for the conventional remote control. "Trigger Words" will be displayed at the bottom of screen to use during voice control. To use Voice Control, you must pronounce words and phrases clearly and correctly in the language (English/French/Spanish) you selected. The Voice Control function can be affected by unclear pronunciation, voice level, or surrounding noise. Make sure to speak in a loud (~40dB) and clear voice and reduce any background noise (below 40db) in the room. Use the TV's voice control management test for best performance.
- Motion Control: Thanks to the television's built-in camera and motion control function, a simple hand gesture is all it takes to access your favorite movies, sports, apps, and other Smart TV content. Use a specific hand motions to switch the channel or adjust the volume level, as well as to move the mouse pointer to a desired position while surfing online content from the Smart Hub. Simply use your hand to control TV functions by swiping (moving your hand left or right) to navigate and grabbing (closing your hand or making a fist) to select. The motion control function can be affected by user's location, motion posture, or ambient brightness conditions. The built-in camera's angle is adjustable to compensate for the television's mounting height (high on wall or low on stand). Make sure the palm of your hand is open, flat, and facing the TV when making "swiping" movements (not too fast or too slow). If your hand moves outside of the camera's view, motion control will be deactivated. Your room should be well lit room (50-500 Lux) with the light illuminating you. Use the TV's gesture control environment test for best performance.
- Face Recognition: The built-in camera also recognizes your face and logs you in to your profile, giving you instant access to your favorite apps, your personal Skype address book, and more. In order for Face Recognition to function, the TV's built-in camera will take a snapshot of your face and a thumbnail image of your face will be stored in the TV for logging-in purposes. The TV can store up to five face recognition profiles.
Note: Samsung recommends using the Voice & Motion Control function within approximately 5-13' of your TV. The motion control's range may differ depending on the angle of camera or other conditions. Voice Control performance levels will vary based on the language spoken. Some TV and menu functions will require the use of the included IR remote control.
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): This TV is enabled with Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC); a feature that makes it possible to control Samsung external devices connected to the TV with ease. With Anynet+, you can use the TV remote control to operate all your compatible Samsung devices that are connected to the TV via HDMI. Anynet+ can control up to 12 compatible external devices (up to 3 of the same type).
Smart View Mobile App: Download the Smart View Mobile App from the Android Market on select Samsung smartphones and tablets (Android 2.2-up) for yet another way to control the Samsung F8500 series LED-LCD TV. If both your Samsung smartphone or tablet and TV are connected to the same wireless network, your smartphone or tablet will link to the TV automatically where you can use your smartphone or tablet like a remote control. The TV can also transfer live feeds to your smartphone or tablet. Main features include:
- Remote: Your Samsung mobile device can work as remote for the Samsung LED-LCD TV and a connected Samsung Blu-ray player or home theater system.
- TV View: Enjoy TV and other multimedia right from your Samsung mobile device that's connected to the Samsung Smart TV. You can watch the same content as on the TV or different content from other input source.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung LED-LCD TV will also support either a USB or Bluetooth enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
5-Way Joy Stick: The television is equipped with a 5-way "joy stick" like button on the bottom right side of the TV's rear-panel that lets you control the TV without the remote control or Smart Interaction.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. The pedestal stand allows the TV to swivel left to right +/- 20°. The television weighs 36.1 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 400mm (h) x 400mm (v). The threaded inserts require M8 (8mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 32.6 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung LED-LCD TV comes with a 5' detachable AC power cord. The power cord sits 0.165" from the back of the television. The power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.75" from the wall.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
As far as I can tell, no. It can power the Denon on and off (I have an AVR-X2000) but not the other way around. In general the Samsung's HDMI-CEC implementation (which they insist on labelling "Anynet+") seems flaky; it's constantly wetting itself with a dialog about losing the connection to other devices any time I change sources. [ Doug Jan 31, 2014 ]