Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung brings down the price of curved-screen Ultra HD
Samsung's curved-screen Ultra HD models are catching the eyes of lots of TV shoppers this year. With the introduction of the more affordable HU7250 series, more people will get to experience that amazing picture depth and detail at home.
In addition to its super-sharp 3840 x 2160-pixel picture detail, the UN55HU7250's screen is gently curved to provide a slight wraparound effect. The curved surface reduces reflections from ambient lighting on the sides, which is always a good thing.
Together, these features create an addictive viewing experience, enveloping you in spectacular color, clarity and detail. And unlike last year's curved designs, the UN55HU7250 can be wall-mounted.
Ready for 4K content right now
Samsung made sure that this set's video processing and connections are as future-ready as the screen. Exhibit A: The UN55HU7250 includes “HEVC” decoding, which means it can display streamed 4K Netflix® content with no additional gear needed. And this TV will be ready for what's coming further in the future, thanks to Samsung's Smart Evolution feature, which provides a goof-proof way to upgrade the TV's inputs, outputs, and processing brains. Think of it as an insurance policy that will keep UN55HU7250 owners up to date on Ultra HD format standards as they evolve.
Samsung's UHD Video Pack media player.
Samsung's UHD Video Pack (sold separately) lets you instantly make the most of your Samsung Ultra HD TV. Only a little bigger than a smartphone, this 1-terabyte hard drive comes pre-loaded with several full-length movies and nature documentaries, all in spectacular full 4K resolution. Simply connect it to the TV using the supplied USB cable and start enjoying the best picture you've ever seen.
True 4K content will continue to be scarce for a while, but that won't keep you from enjoying a remarkable picture. Samsung made 4K upconversion a top priority as they developed the video processing circuitry for the UN55HU7250. Their UHD Upscaling automatically upconverts any signal to match the screen's 4K resolution. All of your current video sources — Blu-ray player, cable or satellite TV box, game console — will look better than ever.
Smart TV times 4
The Quad Screen feature divides this TV into four screens. Watch a golf tournament on one screen while searching the web for current standings on another. Then watch a video tutorial to master your swing while navigating your Smart TV panel on the fourth screen.
Tablets and smartphones can run circles around many older Smart TVs, but they can't do all the tricks that the UN55HU7250 can. Samsung's speedy quad core processor supports a new Multi-Link feature, which lets you place live TV side-by-side with other apps, like YouTube™ or a web browser — you can browse the web without having to interrupt what you're watching.
Besides surfing the web you can do things like multitask or use one app while downloading another. Whether your connection is wired or wireless, you can do a quick web search while you watch movies and TV shows, and enjoy TV while you chat with friends and family online. Along with built-in apps for services like Netflix®, Hulu Plus™, and YouTube™, you can download new ones from Samsung's large selection of apps.
Use your Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet for handheld viewing and control
Samsung's AllShare™ Play lets you wirelessly access and stream content from any compatible device. If you have a Galaxy S3 smartphone or Galaxy tablet, you can share movies, photos, and music via the UN55HU7250. Your Wi-Fi® network lets you do things like "toss" photos from your phone or tablet to the screen with the swipe of a finger. Or push streaming video like Netflix movies from device to screen.
Sending content from your phone to your TV is cool, and going TV-to-phone is even cooler. Just download Samsung's free Smart View app and use the TV View feature to mirror whatever's on the UN55HU7250's screen on any compatible smartphone or tablet. You can leave the room anytime without leaving your entertainment behind. It's like a whole-house TV system you can hold in your hand.
This curved sound bar matches Samsung's 55" and 65" curved-screen HDTVs & Ultra HD TVs.
Add Samsung's matching sound bar for great sound and great looks
The UN55HU7250's picture quality is stunning; its sound quality, something less than stunning. Samsung gets it, and they developed a sound bar with a curving design that perfectly matches the TV screen's curve. The slender HW-H7500 has a 320-watt amplifier powering a total of eight built-in speakers as well as the separate wireless subwoofer. Speakers located on the ends of the sound bar create a bit of a wraparound effect.
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen, black bezel and cabinet, Titan Black T-Shape stand
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- DIRECTV 4K Ready DIRECTV subscribers with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR can enjoy 4K service and full DVR features without an additional receiver
- Ultra High Definition TV with 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- HEVC for compatibility with streamed 4K content from sources like Netflix® (requires Internet connection speed of at least 20Mbps)
- LED edge backlight with UHD Dimming for excellent contrast and black levels
- Clear Motion Rate 960 blur reduction
- UHD video upscaling seamlessly upconverts SD and HD content
- Internet-ready Smart TV plays Netflix® video and more (subscription required for some services)
- supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix and Vudu (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- quad-core processor for seamless web browsing and app multitasking
- Quad Screen multitasking lets you browse the web or stream a video while you watch TV
- AllShare video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- MHL-compatible HDMI input for viewing photos/videos from a compatible smartphone on the TV's screen
- 2-way screen mirroring send content wirelessly from device-to-TV or TV-to-device with compatible smartphones and tablets
- built-in speaker system (10 watts x 2)
- Smart Touch remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
Connections and Dimensions:
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 4 HDMI 2.0 (one input is HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to a 4K video source)
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- 1 composite video
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output (may only pass 2-channel audio from HDMI-connected sources)
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or home stereo system
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 3 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- special port for future Smart Evolution upgrade
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 30-3/8"W x 11"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 48-1/2"W x 28"H x 4-3/8"D (29-13/16"H x 11"D on stand)
- weight: 48 lbs. with stand; 41.6 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
4K Ultra High Definition — watch it, play it, stream it
Movie theaters have switched to 4K projectors in recent years, and now you can enjoy amazing 4K picture quality at home. Ultra HD TVs with 4K resolution offer four times the detail of 1080p HDTVs. Some major TV makers offer media players so you can download and watch true 4K content for the best possible picture. Netflix® is already streaming some of their content in 4K, and other services plan to offer 4K video later this year.
Samsung UN55HU7250 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
beautiful picture, easy setup, no complaints.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Excellent tv I own two other Samsung tv's besides this new UN55HU7250 and they do and excellent job with ever tv they design. The picture clarity is excellent the picture actually looks like it's jumping out at you.
Pros: The picture is great, sleak clean design,smart remote easy to navigate
Cons: I haven't found a con to the tv
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Perfectly sized with a great picture in any lighting situation
Pros: great picture, clean design, smart remote
Cons: remote accuracy could be lacking
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Love everything about the tv except there is a small amount of blur around particular moving objects even after tweaking settings, but most people I've asked if they saw it didn't notice. Other than one issue, I have been very pleased
Pros: Smart hub and remote, a real breeze to navigate.
Cons: Small amount of blur with particular moving objects
Best set we ever owned
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Samsung UN55HU7250 is the best set we ever owned, the picture is so clear it seems like you are there.
Pros: Fast shipping and a great product.
Good tv but not yo good shipping and description
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I think I saw on the description that the tv was coming with 2 remote control, one regular and the smart remote. I also saw on preview review that the tv was going to be ship on double box for more protection, and my didn't came with any protection at all.
What a picture!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great TV. Bought it to replace an older flat screen that was in a family room full of windows! On a bright afternoon, due to the reflection, you could not see the picture. I was advised to consider the curved screen for this application... great advice! Aside from a perfect picture, the slight curved screen does not reflect the light from the windows. As far as set-up, my 16 year-old son installed it by himself in minutes. By far, the best TV I've ever owned. I actually bought another one!
Pros: Outstanding picture & smart TV features
Cons: Sound is good, but wish it was better.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Very clean picture, netflix in 4k is fantastic. however there are only about 6 things on netflix today that are broadcast in 4k. I would recommend to a friend or family. the sound is pretty good for a flat panel TV. I did however hook mine up to a bose sound system to get the sound quality where it should be.
Pros: great remote and user interface. clean vivid picture.
Cons: non at this time.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Very good display. I would recommend a sound bar for additional sound quality.
Pros: Crystal clear with the added viewing angle because of curve
Cons: Will want a sound bar.
Samsung 55" curved Ultras HD Smart TV
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Product arrived in a timely manner and in promised condition. I love this television and am completely satisfied with this purchase.
Pros: Excellent picture and easy to set-up
Fantastic but wish I'd gone to 65"
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is a jaw-droopingly beautiful TV with amazing capabilities, but the amazing thing about the curved screen is that it has a much smaller "presence" in the room than my old flat 55" did. I could easily fit a 65" curved TV in the same space as the old flat 55". But what a breathtaking picture, and with the blue-tooth curved sound bar, it's a neat and elegant set-up.
Pros: Vivid picture, curved immersion effect, feature-rich, compatible curved sound bar. But the curved format would work even better at 65" even in the same size room and at the same viewing distance. Now I wish I had done a "test-drive" of the 55" before ordering it.
Cons: Voice command a bit awkward -- you have to learn how to speak to it rather than it adapting to your way of speaking.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I love the TV I will buy everything threw Crutchfield
Pros: I can watch it from all angles of the room and the 4k is great
What a View
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Nice TV, I have a 55" Sony that I thought had a great picture, but the clarity of this UHD blows it away. I do notice some pixilation especially in dark scenes, I am still trying to dial in the advance settings.
Pros: Ease of use, strong internet interface, lifelike picture(sometimes to much, especially close-ups of people).
Cons: TV remotes does control functions of other devices i.e. Directv channels , Bose audio up and down, but it comes up short due to the fact it will not turn the other units Off (verified this with Samsung)
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The TV arrived promptly and in new condition, unopened box. But 4 screws were missing that held TV to base! Working with Samsung now to resolve problem.
Pros: excellent pic, beautiful unit to just look at.
Cons: missing parts
What's in the box?
- 55" LED-LCD TV
- 5' AC power cord
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- Smart Touch remote control (BN59-01185F)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- IR blaster
- Eight 4mm x 12mm screws
- 4 Wall-adapters
- User Manual
- Setup Guide
- Important Safety Precautions
Features and Specs
Ultra-HD 4K Resolution w/ UHD Upscaling: The Samsung HU7250 series LED-LCD TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution; regardless of input signal. The Ultra-HD TV even offers "HEVC" decoding, which means it'll be able to display 4K content from online movie & TV show providers (like Netflix). 4K provides 4x higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs, ensuring a truly immersive experience for all your favorite movies and TV shows. UHD Upscaling delivers the complete Ultra-HD picture experience with a proprietary process including signal analysis, noise reduction, UHD upscaling, and detail enhancement to seamlessly upconvert SD, HD, or full-HD content to Ultra-HD-level picture quality.
Note: You can upgrade this HU7250 series LED-LCD TV with Samsung's One Connect Box (sold separately) to unlock new features and services offered by Samsung Electronics. With the One Connect Box from Samsung, you can be update the TV with new software and technology that will adapt to future Ultra-HD standards and improve TV performance; faster speed, more content, more features. The One Connect Box simply plugs into the TV using a single proprietary cable.
LED-Edge Backlight w/ UHD Dimming: The Samsung HU7250 series LED-LCD TV uses LED-Edge backlighting with UHD Dimming to maximize the contrast between lights and darks for a picture that is as true-to-life as possible. The television's white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. UHD Micro Dimming precisely scans an incredible amount of zones across the entire image and adjusts brightness to deliver deeper darks and brighter whites. It virtually eliminates the "halo" effect and image distortion, so you'll enjoy a crystal clear picture
Ultra-Clear Panel w/ Curved Screen: The Samsung Ultra Clear Panel absorbs ambient light, reduces reflections and lets the picture come to life. It displays deeper blacks and enhanced contrast for crystal clarity and reduces glare, so you can see clearly and enjoy more detail. Samsung's curved screen is supported with proprietary technology that creates an accurate picture with exceptional color, without any picture distortion. It has a dramatically improved
Clear Motion Rate 960: Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is Samsung's more comprehensive and accurate measure for how well the LED-LCD TV can display fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was expressed simply by the refresh rate, measured in Hz. CMR, however, takes into account all three factors that contribute to motion clarity: panel refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology. CMR is measured by determining the thinnest line a TV can display in a moving image. The thinner the line, the higher the CMR rating, and the clearer the picture you'll enjoy on the screen.
- Panel Refresh Rate (Hz): Samsung's screen refresh rate (120Hz) significantly improves motion detail and resolution by sampling the image more frequently, leading to smoother, more fluid movement.
- Auto Motion Plus: Samsung's proprietary Auto Motion Plus image processing technology is faster and more responsive than conventional image processors, as it interpolates intermediate frames to smooth out the image. Auto Motion Plus removes blur and judder from scenes with large amounts of rapid movement to provide a clearer picture. Auto Motion Plus reduces blur so that action movies, sports and video games have enhanced clarity. Advanced panels and unique backlight technology combine with proprietary algorithms to reduce the response time and yield a more accurate image reproduction with faster onscreen motion. Auto Motion Plus can be set to Clear, Standard, Smooth, Custom, or Off.
- LED Backlight Technology: Samsung's Edge-Lighting Backlight technology regulates output precisely in synchronization with the screen refresh to lessen the time it is lit, reducing ghosting and motion blur.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus: With Wide Color Enhancer Plus, you'll witness a wider spectrum of colors on the TV screen, just like the director intended. You'll enjoy enriched colors while watching your favorite movies, and shows, even if it's older, non-HD content.
Video Inputs: The Samsung Ultra-HD LED-LCD TV offers Ultra-HD, high-definition, and standard definition video inputs.
- HDMI 2.0: The Samsung LED-LCD TV features four HDMI 2.0
inputs to connect to your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable receiver, or
AV receiver. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this
TV. The television's HDMI inputs will accept 3,840 x 2,160 (24/60Hz), 1080p
(24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported only by the TV's HDMI (MHL) input; HDCP is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All four HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video; however the HDMI (MHL) input is limited to 30 fps in 4:4:4 mode. 4:2:2 (60/30fps) and 4:2:0 (60fps) is also supported by the TV. With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. You must enable 4:4:4 & 4:2:2 color subsampling by turning on the "UHD Color" setting within the TV's on-screen menu.
- Analog: The Samsung LED-LCD TV features a single component video input which will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals. The TV also features one composite video input which support up to 480i only.
Note: The TV feature a single RF-type coaxial input for connecting an external indoor/outdoor antenna. The unit has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i).
HDMI (MHL) Port: The HDMI 3 port is designed for the connection of select mobile phones and other portable electronic devices using the new MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) standard. Simply plug your MHL compatible smartphone into the TV's HDMI 3 (MHL) port using the HDMI cable that is included with your mobile phone. MHL allows you to display full 1080p video and still images on the Samsung TV from your mobile smartphone. The TV's IR remote can be used to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Stop Fast Forward/Rewind, and Menu navigation). Your MHL compliant device will also charge while connected to the TV's HDMI 3 port. To find MHL-certified devices, go to www.mhlconsortium.org.
Multi-Link Screens: The Samsung HU7250 series LED-LCD TV supports Quad Screen and PIP.
- Quad Screen: Using Quad Screen, you can view four independent screens at once through this TV. You'll be able to enjoy live TV, video clips, and the web all at once. For example; you can watch your favorite golf tournament on one screen and search the web for current standings on another. Then watch a video tutorial to master your swing while navigating your Smart TV panel on the fourth screen. Using Quad Screen requires an Internet connection. You can listen to audio from one of the split-screens through the TVs speakers and audio from another split-screen through a pair of Bluetooth-paired headphones (sold separately). Certain TV features and apps may not be supported by Multi-Link Screen. <
- PIP (Picture-in-Picture): You can watch the TV's tuner and one external video source (component/HDMI) simultaneously). The component/HDMI source will be displayed as the main picture, while the TV channel will be displayed in a sub-screen, while which can be moved to each corner of the television's screen. You can switch the audio between the main screen and sub-screen.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted.
- Smart View 1/2: Reduces the 16:9 picture by 50% (1) or 25% (2).
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments
to the picture.
- Dynamic: increases the brightness of the screen (suitable for bright rooms)
- Standard: suitable for a normal environment
- Natural: useful for reducing eye strain
- Movie: darkens the screen and reduces glare (appropriate for dark rooms)
- Entertain: sharpens images for a more dynamic viewing experience (only available when connected to a computer)
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for
manually adjusting the picture quality.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture (not as effective as Backlight setting)
- Sharpness: sharpens or dulls the edges of objects
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture
- Advanced Picture Settings: The TV also offers more
advanced picture adjustments for fine tuning.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Flesh Tone: adjusts the amount of red in skin tones
- RGB Only Mode: displays the Red, Green, and Blue color for making find adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image (Auto/Native)
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity
- Picture Options: Additional picture options provide you
with a better viewing experience.
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Digital Clean View: if the broadcast signal received by the TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Clean View feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- MPEG Noise Filter: reduces MPEG noise to provide an improved picture
- HDMI Black Level: select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television
- Cinema Black: dims the top & bottom areas of the video image to provide a more immersive viewing experience (Movie mode only)
- Smart LED: controls the brightness of individual areas on the screen to maximize contrast automatically
- LED Clear Motion: removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of movement to provide a clear picture
- Motion Lighting: The TV automatically adjust the brightness of the screen in response to the brightness of the room. In bright light, the screen brightens. In dim light, the screen dims
Note: You can adjust and store Picture Settings for each external device connected to the TV or apply the settings to all inputs and sources.
Film & Game Modes: The television provides Film & Game modes.
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
- Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
BD Wise: BD Wise Plus provides the optimal picture quality for Samsung DVD, Blu-ray, and Home Theater products which support BD Wise. When BD Wise is set to On, the TV's picture mode is automatically changed to the optimal resolution.
DTS Premium Sound: The Samsung LED-LCD TV employs DTS Studio Sound processing with DTS TruSurround and DTS TruDialog which will decode DTS-encoded content, such as TV programming, Blu-ray movies, and streaming media, as well as processes stereo content to deliver an optimized virtual surround sound experience with enhanced bass response, clear dialog, and consistent volume levels through the TV speakers.
- DTS TruSurround: DTS TruSurround is a patented DTS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. DTS TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
- DTS TruDialog: This function allows you to increase the intensity of a voice over background music or sound effects so that dialogue can be heard more clearly.
Note: The speakers of this TV provide different sound images according to how you position the television. You can select between "Wall-Mount" or "Stand" to provide the best sound quality based on the television's placement.
5-Band EQ + Sound Modes: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 5-band EQ (100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz) for a more customized sound; or simply choose from the following Preset Sound Modes - Standard (normal mode), Music (music mode), Movie (movie mode), Clear Voice (emphasizes voices), and Amplify (increases clarity for people who have difficulty hearing).
Audio Extras: The Samsung TV offers a variety of audio adjustments to meet your listening needs.
- Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
- Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
- Picture Off: You can turn the television's screen off and still listen to audio.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LED-LCD television provides an analog and digital audio output.
- Digital Audio (w/ DTS Neo 2:5): The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital/DTS (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, and USB ports on the LED-LCD TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo or a matrixed 5.1ch signal (DTS Neo 2:5) from sources connected to the TV via HDMI or RCA.
- Analog Audio: The television features a 3.5mm (minijack) audio output for connecting the television to an analog 2-channel receiver. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your soundbar speaker or AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminals will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 4 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection, and USB port can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 4 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
SoundShare: The TV is compatible with the SoundShare feature found on some Samsung active soundbar speaker systems). SoundShare makes a wireless connection between the TV and the speaker system via Bluetooth. Once the two are paired, you can control the volume and mute the sound by using the remote control from the TV or the speaker system. If you change the soundbar speaker system from TV mode to another mode or turn it off, the TV audio will resume playing from the TV's speakers. SoundShare can be found on select Samsung active soundbar speaker systems (sold separately).
Samsung's Quad Core Processor: Samsung's Quad Core processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time, such as using an app while downloading another one. It also enables extremely faster web browsing and application access. Quad Core eliminates lag to give you a fluid browsing experience. It enables you to switch between apps, stream content, and multi-task faster. This extra power also provides faster page refreshing
Network Connection (wired/wireless): You can set up the Samsung HU7250 series LED-LCD TV so that it can access your home network and online Samsung Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi). You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Automatic, Manual, WPS (PBC), or WPS (PIN). The TV's built-in WiFi supports IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N wireless LAN networks and WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), or WPA2-PSK network security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router is recommended for 4K streaming.
Note: Samsung recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 15 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung LED-LCD TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Smart Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung TV to your home network, you gain access to Smart Apps. Smart Apps lets you download for pay or free-of-charge applications and services to the Samsung HU7250 series LED-LCD TV. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications; such as videos, music, photos, games, and news. Smart Apps has a growing collection of pay and free-of-charge online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content. Visit Samsung's App Store for a complete list of available Samsung Apps.
- Movies & TV Shows: Watch movies and TV shows on Netflix, Vudu, HuluPlus, Amazon Instant Video, UltraFlix, & CinemaNow; plus trailers and snippets from a variety of video apps (like Flixter). HBO GO is also now available for XFINITY customers only.
- Music/Radio: Listen to online music and internet radio from Pandora, TuneIn, & vTuner, plus more.
- Social Networks: Share your thoughts and comments about a program on the air through social networking services, like Twitter & Facebook. You can post messages and comments in the same manner as you would using a computer. You also get access to YouTube & Picasa.
- News & Weather: Includes apps that provide information content; such as news (USA Today), weather (AccuWeather), and many more.
- Sports + Fitness: Variety of Fitness apps to help you stay healthy, plus Sports apps (like ESPN SC/MLB.TV) to keep you up to date on scores.
- Education & Kids: A recommended list for applications and content that is suitable for children; including education-based programs, cartoons, and games.
Note: The Link Service Accounts function lets you link your player to your accounts with Internet services (such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.) so that the player can log you into the service automatically when you start the app for that service.
4K Network Streaming: This Ultra-HD TV even offers "HEVC" decoding, which means it'll be able to display 4K content from online movie & TV show providers (like Netflix or UltraFlix). 4K network streaming requires a network speed of 15Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router for 4K streaming. Make sure the Samsung television has the latest software/firmware updates installed.
Web Browser You can access the internet using the player's Web Brower application. You can search web pages using Google or Bing. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can also save "Favorite" web pages and create a "Home" page. The playback of Flash videos is also supported. The Web Browser is optimized to fill your connected TV's screen. Use a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) for a more convenient web browsing experience.
Note: The browsing experience, however, may not be the same as it is on your computer. The Web Browser is not compatible with Java applications. E-commerce, for purchasing products online is not supported. ActiveX is not supported.
Skype Ready: Samsung's free Skype app on the Samsung LED-LCD TV lets you make video calls from the comfort of your living room. Using the TV's remote control, you can create free Skype accounts, log into existing accounts, and navigate via a simple Skype interface made for the big screen. You can make free Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls to friends and family, wherever they are in the world from the Samsung TV (separate Samsung TV Skype camera required, sold separately).
AllShare Services: The Samsung TV offers AllShare Cast screen mirroring and AllShare/DLNA wireless media streaming.
- AllShare Cast Screen Mirroring: AllShare Cast is a proprietary "screen mirroring" function which lets you wirelessly send the display from your compatible AllShare Cast Samsung mobile device to your TV. This allows you to view pictures and videos that are playing on your compatible Samsung smartphone or tablet on your TV screen. No wireless router or access point required.
- AllShare/DLNA Certified: The Samsung LED-LCD TV's AllShare function, along with its DLNA Certification allow you to watch videos (Divx/AVI/H.264/MPEG/MKV/MOV/WMV), photos (JPEG/PNG/BMP/MPO), and listen to music (MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC/OGG) saved on your Windows PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: For AllShare/DLNA, Windows PCs with XP and Vista installed require Samsung's PC Share Manager software, which can be downloaded for free from the Samsung Download Center. Not compatible with older Windows OS versions and Mac.
Triple USB Ports: The television is equipped with three USB (type-A) ports. There are two USB 2.0 ports - one is used for connecting a USB mass-storage-class device (5V/0.5A); the other is used to connect a TV camera or keyboard/mouse from Samsung. There is one USB 3.0 port which can connect to a USB hard-disk-drive (5V/1A). The USB 2.0 (5V/0.5A) and USB 3.0 ((5V/1A) ports let you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB device. Files must be formatted in FAT, exFAT, or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files per folder.
- Video Playback: The TV supports the following video file types; AVI, Divx, H.264, MPEG, MKV, MOV, and WMV. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a compatible USB device.
- Still Image Playback: The TV supports the following still image file types; JPEG, PNG, BMP, or MPO. Still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view (up to 15 images). Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio Playback: The TV supports music files supports the following music file types; MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, and OGG. Music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album, or Genre. Music files can be repeated or shuffled in a selected folder.
Firmware/Software Updates: The television's Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the TV's software & firmware for performance improvements & additional services. You can upgrade in four ways; USB, Internet, Alternative Software, or Standby Mode. The tested television contained firmware version T-NT14UAKUC-102.19 (as of 8/13/14). Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware/Software updates.
Smart Hub: This TV features Smart Hub, an interactive multi-purpose menu system. With Smart Hub, you can surf the web, download applications, and stay in touch with family and friends through social networking services. In addition, you can enjoy photo, video & music files stored on external storage devices. The new Smart Hub interface organizes your entertainment and content into 5 convenient panels.
- Games: You can view all game apps provided by Smart Hub and download and play the games you select.
- Apps: Apps offers an extensive collection of free and paid news, sports, weather, and entertainment content you can directly download to and enjoy on your TV. The Apps menu has a number of sub-menus including Most Popular, What's new, and Categories to narrow down your search.
- On TV: Check a listing of TV programs that are currently airing and are scheduled to be aired. The program you are currently watching display in a small sub-window.
- Movies & TV Shows: Purchase and watch movies and TV shows from an online service provider. You can browse content by Favorites, Featured, Movies, TV Shows, Trailers, or Trending.
- Multimedia: Play back photo, video, and music files from an external USB or network storage device.
Content Discovery: The TV offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and network apps.
- Recommendations: Receive personalized TV and movie recommendations based on your own preferences and what's popular and trending. You can display program recommendation for different times of the day.
- Favorite Channels: You can designate frequently watched channels as "Favorites". You can create up to 5 favorite channel list for each member of your family. You can also rename and edit favorite channel lists.
- Genre: It is possible to filter channels by genre, if the channels contain proper genre information.
- Schedule Manager: Using this function, you can set the TV to display a desired channel automatically on a day and at a time of your choice. The Schedule Manager can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun.
Instant On: This Samsung Ultra-HD TV turns on 4x faster than previous models with Instant On, so you can quickly begin browsing apps or watching your favorite movies, sports, or shows.
RVU Compatible (for DirecTV): This Samsung television is RVU-compatible which means DIRECTV subscribers with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR can watch live broadcast and stored content from their DVR on the Samsung TV, without the need for an additional Genie Mini Client devices or set-top boxes. However, you will need a DECA unit (sold separately) that converts Coax to Ethernet, which will plug into the Samsung TV's LAN port. Make sure the television has the latest firmware update.
Security: The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers several security features to protect TV, your connected equipment, & family.
- Smart Security: When any device is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to hacks and malicious code. Samsung Smart Security protects the TV and storage media connected to the TV from such threats, when the television is connected to the Internet.
- Password Lock: You can setup up a 4-digit PIN to lock out specific channels, TV settings, and reset procedure.
- Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung HU7250 series LED-LCD TV offers Close Captions and an Audio Guide for the hearing and visually impaired.
- Close Captions (CC): The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size. The Caption feature does not work for Component and HDMI input sources.
- Audio Guide: Activate the audio guide for the visually impaired. This is only available with broadcasts that provide this service.
ECO Settings: The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Eco Sensor: Samsung's unique Eco light sensor measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turn off after 4 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating.
Timers: The Samsung HU7250 series LED-LCD TV offers On/Off and Sleep timers for your convenience.
- On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
- Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Remote Support + Self Diagnosis: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your TV, adjust the TV settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your TV must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network. The Samsung HU7250 series LED-LCD TV also provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
- Picture Test: Use to check for picture problems. If the problem appears in the test picture, select "Yes" and follow the directions on the screen.
- Sound Test: Use the built-in melody sound to check for sound problems. If the problem occurs during the test, select "Yes" and follow the directions on the screen.
- Signal Test: An HD digital channel's reception quality is either perfect or the channels are unavailable. Adjust your antenna to increase signal strength.
Note: The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Smart Touch Remote Control: The new Samsung Smart Touch Remote Control makes it even easier to navigate the television's entertainment sources, menu settings, and Smart TV features. Improved user convenience has been provided so that you can switch the channel and adjust the volume with just your fingertips while focusing on the TV screen. The built-in touchpad acts as a pointer & mouse so you can navigate menu settings and search for content quickly and easily. You can even activate a virtual on-screen remote controller (w/ numeric keypad, playback controls, and shortcut menu) on the TV which can be operated through the remote's touchpad. It also has a built-in microphone that you can use to give the Samsung TV voice commands. Because the Smart Touch Remote communicates with the TV through wireless Bluetooth communication, it will need to be initially paired with the TV. This means you don't have to point the remote directly at the TV.
- Programmable + IR Blaster: The remote can be programmed to control satellite/cable boxes, Blu-ray players, and home theaters from other manufactures using the TV's setup menu and the included IR blaster.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): This TV is enabled with Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC); a feature that makes it possible to control HDMI-connected Samsung and other HDMI-CEC compliant external devices connected to the TV with ease. With Anynet+, you can use the TV remote control to operate all your compatible Samsung Anynet+ and HDMI-CEC devices that are connected to the TV via HDMI. Anynet+ can control up to 12 compatible external devices (up to 3 of the same type).
Voice Control: Using the Smart TV Remote's built-in microphone and the voice control function of the TV, your voice is all you need to turn on the Samsung television, navigate menus, and get to your favorite Smart TV content. You can even use only your voice to switch the channel, adjust the volume level, and launch online apps while focusing on the TV screen, which removes the need for a conventional remote control. "Trigger Words" can be displayed on-screen to use during voice control to help you know what to say. To use Voice Control, you must pronounce words and phrases clearly and correctly in the language (English/French/Spanish) you selected. The Voice Control function can be affected by unclear pronunciation, voice level, or surrounding noise. Speak voice commands 4"-6" away from the remote's microphone, and make sure to speak in a loud (75-80dB) & clear voice, and reduce any background noise in the room.
Note: The television is also equipped with a 5-way "joy stick" like button on the rear-panel that lets you control the TV without the remote control.
SmartView Mobile App: You can download the Samsung SmartView mobile app (from iTunes or GooglePlay) onto to your Apple iOS (5.0+) or Android (4.0.3+) device for yet another way to control the Samsung LED-LCD TV. If both your Apple iOS or Android device and TV are connected to the same wireless network, your smartphone or tablet will link to the TV automatically where you can use your mobile device like a remote control. The TV can also transfer live feeds to your smartphone or tablet. Main features include:
- Remote: Your Apple iOS or Android device can work as remote for the Samsung TV and a connected Samsung Blu-ray player or home theater system.
- TV View: Enjoy TV and other multimedia right from your Apple iOS or Android device that's connected to the Samsung Smart TV. You can watch the same content as on the TV or different content from another input source.
Optional Motion Control: To use the Motion Control feature, you must install a proprietary Samsung camera (sold separately) on the TV. When connecting the camera to the Samsung TV, make sure to connect it to the specified USB port of the TV. Other USB ports do not support the TV camera or Motion Control.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung HU7250 series LED-LCD TV will support a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
Pedestal Stand: The TV comes with a pedestal stand. The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The television weighs 48.0 lbs with the stand. This stand does not swivel.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 400mm (h) x 400mm (v). The threaded inserts require M8 (8mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 41.6 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung HU7250 series LED-LCD TV comes with a 5' detachable AC power cord. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.75" from the wall.
Our Product Research Team
2 questions already asked
I feel that we get the benefit of the curvature from every seat in our family room, some of which are a rather oblique angle. The seat that is most directly in front of the TV is about 15 feet away, the closest (and most off to the side) is about 10; the view from all is great. The only time we have any problem is in very bright sunlight but if we turn off the eco feature that dims the screen it is about 90% great (still some glare issues from the side). Do I wish I'd gotten the 65"? Don't we all wish we could get the biggest TV out there? We are very pleased with the 55". But watch out...in UHD a lot of you favorite actors/actresses are going to look less perfect than you thought (like going from a CRT to a regular HD). [ CHARLES R Feb 17, 2015 ]
Yes, I do for me the 55" works fine for the size of my living room. The 65" would be too big for me. The picture quality is amazing. So far the TV has been working flawlessly. [ Ahmadou Feb 17, 2015 ]
yes you do.. I fracking love it.you can see picture from any angle of room; plus the curved sound bad is fantastic sound!!!!!!!My next step will be to purchase the 78 inch style with curved soundbar; later..... [ elwood Feb 16, 2015 ]
The total distance from my Samsung to my seating area is only 12 feet. Plus my living room is small, and the TV is the perfect width for my entertainment system. So I am very happy with the 55" curve. If you have a medium to large living room and you sit more than 10 feet from your TV then the 65" would probably be a better fit. When I watch a Blu-Ray movie with my 55" and my sound system, I am super happy with my Samsung. The screen is large enough for me. Go big if you have the space. Thanks. [ Anthony Feb 16, 2015 ]
I bought the 55" and while it might be nice for the "back of the room" to have gotten the 65" it would have overwhelmed my living room. The curve does make it look "bigger" at '65. So, it depends on the size of your room and optimal viewing. This is a stunning display at 55" and EVERYONE who I have had over during the holidays is in awe. I don't think you can go wrong with either size. [ Donald Feb 16, 2015 ]
Thank you for asking. I can not compare, as I only have the 55" size. The 65" would have been too large for the space. We are totally satisfied with the 55" and are glad we made the purchase. If the area was larger, I'm sure the bigger screen would provide an additional benefit. [ John Feb 16, 2015 ]
I am happy with my 55 inch. But if the room was compatible with a larger scree, I would have gotten larger [ R. Barry Feb 16, 2015 ]
Hello Mitch, our family room, where the TV is located, is not large so the 55 inch is the correct size for the room. The picture is great. We had a Samsung 55 before so the new one is just the right size. [ John Feb 16, 2015 ]
For my space it's great [ john Feb 16, 2015 ]
I purchased the 7250 from Crutchfield last Thanksgiving on sale at $1299. I am happy with my purchase. My footprint would not accomodate a 65, but if yours does I would seriously consider it. On the other hand, the price was almost double at the time of my purchase. So..... The curvature feature is optimal if your viewing distance is less than 15 feet, which mine is. [ Don Feb 16, 2015 ]
I looked at the 65" at a local retailer....I think that you get the same benefit of the curved screen with the 55"....for me, the 65" would've been overkill in our den....also, the price difference was 3 to 400.00. My advice would be to look at then side by side at a showroom like Best Buy; and then ask yourself "is bigger really better?" Only you can answer that question.... [ HUBER B Feb 16, 2015 ]
Don't see a benefit. In fact, reflections are greater than with a flat screen. [ DONALD Feb 16, 2015 ]
The 55 inch is perfect for a bed room but for the living room the 65 inch is a must. Great TV though. [ ryan Feb 16, 2015 ]
What size mounting bolts are used on the back side on the tv for a wall mount setup ? [ David Feb 08, 2015 ]
I forgot to add to my comment above: be sure to disable all of the "eco solution" options under the "system" menu. Turn "energy saving" and "eco sensor" to the off position, and you'll be golden. [ Joseph Nov 24, 2014 ]
My understanding is that the port is the same for both. I also read that a 1.4 is all that is needed as all input is only HD - there are no UHD broadcast. [ DONALD Nov 24, 2014 ]
It has 4 hdmi 2.0 inputs. Awesome tv. The clarity is surreal. [ Joseph Nov 24, 2014 ]