Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Cutting-edge design inside and out
Samsung's UN60ES7100 is one of the company's most visually striking 2012 TVs. Its "barely there" bezel measures under 1/4", making it even easier for you to get lost in the crystal-clear picture.
Samsung's Micro Dimming LED backlight technology produces wide contrast extremes from deep black to bright white, plus every subtle shade in between. The TV divides the image into multiple areas and applies the correct contrast levels to each area. The edge-mounted LEDs can actually brighten or dim independently based on the content in each scene.
A dual-core processor delivers faster web browsing
Web access on your TV takes a big leap forward with this model. A dual-core processor enables faster web browsing and multitasking you can download an app while you're using another one. Samsung provides practical, easy ways to enjoy online entertainment. Whether your connection is wired or wireless, you can surf the web while you watch movies and TV shows, and enjoy TV while you chat with friends and family online.
There are built-in apps for accessing video services like Netflix®, Hulu Plus, and YouTube, and you can download new Samsung apps, all custom built to work on your TV. Samsung's new Signature Services include things like personalized movie and show recommendations, and the ability to set up and maintain a fitness routine.
The right connections to be your digital entertainment hub
Two types of connections have become truly universal in recent years: HDMI and USB, and the UN60ES7100 has three of each. High-definition components like cable and satellite TV receivers look and sound their best via HDMI, and so do a growing number of digital cameras and camcorders. And the USB ports let you plug in a wide array of devices everything from a thumb drive to an optional webcam that's needed if you want to make Skype video calls.
Samsung upgraded their AllShare networking feature so you can access your content from the cloud and also let other compatible devices join in the fun. You just use the TV's remote to search for video and music to stream to it.
3D fun with no waiting 4 pairs of 3D glasses are included
The UN60ES7100 uses Samsung's latest Full HD active 3D technology to deliver spellbinding visuals with your favorite 3D movie titles. Just slip on a pair of the included 3D glasses to enjoy a deeper view, and not just with 3D video sources switch on the TV's 2D-to-3D conversion feature for added depth with regular 2D video. And even if you're not interested in 3D this set is still worth considering. Its advanced 3D-capable screen produces some of the most beautifully vivid 2D images you'll find anywhere.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 60" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen, thin-bezel design with silver finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- displays 3D images when you wear Samsung's active 3D glasses (four pairs of glasses are included)
- 2D-to-3D conversion adds 3D-like depth to non-3D video sources
- LED edge backlight with Micro Dimming for outstanding picture contrast with deep black levels
- 20,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Clear Motion Rate 720 blur reduction (240Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning)
- Internet-ready Smart TV plays Netflix® video and more (broadband service required; subscription required for Netflix service)
- supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix and Vudu (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- built-in web browser
- dual-core processor for improved web browsing and app multitasking
- AllShare video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- Skype-compatible (requires Samsung camera sold separately)
- wireless keyboard-compatible (keyboard not included)
- 1-tuner picture-in-picture
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- illuminated remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- 3 HDMI v1.4
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or home stereo system
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 3 USB ports for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 26-1/4"W x 12-1/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 54"W x 31-3/8"H x 1-1/2"D (34-3/8"H x 12-1/4"D on stand)
- weight: 49.1 lbs. with stand; 43.6 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why choose an LED-LCD TV?
Reason #1: Awesome picture quality. The LED backlights in these higher-end LCD TVs can give you better picture contrast and more lifelike colors than sets with typical fluorescent backlighting. Reason #2: They're more energy-efficient than plasma or regular LCD TVs, helping you lower your monthly electric bill and helping the environment.
Samsung UN60ES7100 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This tv is a monster! In a good way. Picture is dynamite. There is nothing more that needs to be said. 3d puts you in it. The 2d into 3d feature is also just a hoot. Pawn Stars in 3d? You have to check it out.
Pros: Everything about it.
Wow! what a picture!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Excellent picture! Clear, clean, bright. Setup was easy, wall mount above fireplace. Wifi connected up with ease, SMART Hub works good. We had a 50" Sony projection, that we thought was good, until we hooked up the samsung! Used to have a pc connected to previous tv, now we don't need it.
Pros: Easy setup, wonderful picture, 3D is cool and looks good.
Cons: Samsung remote ipad not very good, smart hub web browser cumbersome using remote control, works better with ipad app, when it works. 4 stars because of ipad app and needing the optional keyboard.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The TV is light weight and was packaged very well. I was disappointed that this Smart TV did not have a VGA connection it made it very problematic connecting my home security system to the TV. Crutchfied and Samsung tech support were very little help. After almost a week research and calls I had to the AV connection. The quality of the picture from the security system was great degraded, but worked.
Pros: The setup of the TV wa a breeze, I was very happy with the 3-D quality. Great picture.
Cons: Programming of the remote control is trick. No VGA conection Tech support was lacking
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I have never spent this much on a tv before and I was a little nervous. The tv is beautiful, the features are never ending, and the service from Crutchfield was out of this world!!! There are bigger tv's out there, but this was a big upgrade for us and we are very pleased!! There was one slight problem, but in the end, team Crutchfield absolutely knocked it out of the park!!!
Pros: Great picture, great features (pip, 3d, countless apps: favorite-Samsung swipe it), Customer service
Cons: 3d glasses a little flimsy, base looks alittle "cheap", hdmi cable not included
What's in the box?
- 60" LED-LCD TV
- 5' AC power cord
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- Wireless remote control (AA59-00558A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 4 Pair of 3D active glasses (SSG-4100GB)
- Two CR2025 3V batteries
- Eight 4mm x 10mm machine screws
- 4 Wall-mount inserts
- Self-adhesive wire stand
- Cleaning Cloth
- User Manual
- Stand Assembly Instructions
- Warning! Important Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty Sheet
- "Stop/Samsung Support" note
- 3D Active Glasses User's Guide
- Guide for ECO Solution
- "California Use Only" note
- DirecTV brochure
Features and Specs
Ultra Clear Panel: With Samsung's Ultra Clear Panel, you can still get an amazing picture even with reflective light. Ultra Clear Panel absorbs most ambient light and virtually eliminates reflections so there are hardly any distractions. Ultra Clear Panel also helps make colors more vibrant with deeper blacks and enhanced contrast for crisper images and excellent shadow detail.
LED Edge-Lighting: Samsung's LED Edge-Lighting technology allows for a high dynamic contrast ratio and ultra-sharp blacks by allowing multiple LEDs to turn on an off automatically based on the image. LED Edge-Lighting also provides more natural color representation and deep reds and greens, because Samsung uses white LEDs that produce 105% of the broadcast color gamut. The television's white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. Overall, this LED Backlight system produces contrast with stronger blacks and whites, and greater subtlety of every gradation in between.
Micro Dimming: Micro Dimming Technology shows greater detailed contrast across the screen with richer, brighter colors, whiter whites and deeper blacks. The Samsung ES660 series LED-LCD TV has a proprietary algorithm that adjusts brightness and contrast in select parts of the screen based on the image being displayed.
Clear Motion Rate 720: Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is Samsung's more comprehensive and accurate measure for how well the LED-LCD TV can display fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was expressed simply by the refresh rate, measured in Hz. CMR, however, takes into account all three factors that contribute to motion clarity: panel refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology. CMR is measured by determining the thinnest line a TV can display in a moving image. The thinner the line, the higher the CMR rating, and the clearer the picture you'll enjoy on the screen.
- Panel Refresh Rate (Hz): Samsung's screen refresh rate (240Hz) significantly improves motion detail and resolution by sampling the image more frequently, leading to smoother, more fluid movement.
- Image Processor (Auto Motion Plus): Samsung's proprietary Auto Motion Plus image processing technology is faster and more responsive than conventional image processors, as it interpolates intermediate frames to smooth out the image.
- LED Backlight Technology: Samsung's Edge-Lighting Backlight technology regulates output precisely in synchronization with the screen refresh to lessen the time it is lit, reducing ghosting and motion blur.
Auto Motion Plus 240Hz: With Samsung's Auto Motion Plus 240Hz with Clear Motion Rate, you can enjoy smooth motion in every frame. Advanced TV panels and unique backlight technology combine with proprietary algorithms to significantly reduce image response time. The lower the response time, the higher the Clear Motion Rate (CMR). Samsung's industry leading Clear Motion Rates yields the most accurate image reproduction for the clearest moving images. Auto Motion Plus 240Hz can be set to Clear, Standard, Smooth, Custom, Demo, or Off. The custom mode lets you manually adjust the Blur & Judder reduction.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus: Wide Color Enhancer Plus allows you to see picture color the way the director originally intended. Witness the entire RGB spectrum brought to life on your screen to bring you exceptionally vibrant, yet natural-looking images faithful to the director's original intent.
20,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio: The LED-LCD TV delivers a Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 20,000,000:1; which provides stunning colors and deep black, so your picture's details don't get lost in the shadows.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: The LED-LCD television displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
- HDMI (v.1.4): The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV features three HDMI 1.4 inputs to connect to your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable receiver, or AV receiver. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Component Video: The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV features a single component video input. The TV's component video input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
- Composite Video: In addition, there is a composite video input (480i only). This inputs consists of a 3.5mm AV input with a 3.5mm AV input to composite video/stereo RCA adapter.
Full HD 3D (via HDMI 1.4): The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV offers Full HD (1080p) 3D capability. Samsung 3D TV utilizes Bluetooth-enabled active shutter glasses (four pair included) for a full 1080p 3D viewing experience when coupled with a 3D source, such as a 3D-ready Blu-ray player or an HD 3D broadcast from satellite or cable providers (connected via HDMI 1.4). The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV automatically adjusts the overall picture to provide an optimal 3D effect. The Samsung 3D TV also offers a unique feature that allows you to intensify your 2D viewing experience by up-converting it to virtual 3D. In addition, you can adjust the overall 3D perspective (+/-5) and overall 3D image depth (1-10). Samsung 3D TV supports Full HD 3D for 1920 x 2205p (24Hz) or 1280 x 1470p (60Hz) video signals; and virtual 3D for 1920 x 1080p (24/30/60Hz), 1920 x 1080i (60Hz), or 1280 x 720p (60hz) video signals. The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV offers various 3D modes to match your 3D viewing needs.
- 2D-3D: Changes a 2D image to 3D; you can adjust the focus and depth of the image to maximize 3D experience.
- Side-by-Side: Displays two images next to each other. Available when the resolution is 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
- Top & Bottom: Displays one image above another. Available when the resolution is 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
- Line-by-Line: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternatively in rows.
- Vertical Stripe: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternatively in columns.
- Checker Board: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternatively in pixels.
- Frame Sequential: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternatively in frames.
- 3D-2D: Displays the image for the left eye only.
- Off: Turns the 3D function off.
Note: 2010 Samsung IR 3D glasses and3D glasses from other manufacturers are not compatible. Some 3D modes may not be available depending on the format of the image source. PIP, Auto Program, and some Picture Adjustment functions will also be disabled in 3D mode.
Included 3D Glasses (4 pair): The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV includes four pair of 3D active glasses with built-in Bluetooth. Samsung's 3D Active Glasses (SSG-4100GB) offer a comfortable fit through its lightweight frame and flexible noise- and ear-pieces. The Samsung 3D Active Glasses are powered by a single CR2025 3V lithium coin-type battery (pre-installed). The battery can last up to 150 hours when powered on. The Samsung's 3D Active Glasses provide a viewing range between 6' and 19.5' from the Samsung 3D-ready TV.
Note: If the 3D glasses move outside of the recommended operating distance, the signal from the TV will be disconnected and the display of the 3D glasses will turn off after several seconds. If you lie on your side while watch TV with 3D glasses, the picture may look dark or may not be visible. When viewing 3D video under fluorescent lighting (50-60Hz), you may notice a small amount of screen flickering.
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes.
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/1080p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted.
- Smart View 1/2: Reduces the 16:9 picture by 50% (1) or 25% (2).
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external device you have connected to an input of the TV.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture.
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments
to the picture.
- Standard: suitable for a normal environment
- Natural: suitable for reducing eye strain
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Movie: suitable for watching movies and games
- Entertain: suitable for watching movies and game
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for
manually adjusting the picture quality.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Advanced Picture Settings: The TV also offers more
advanced picture adjustments for fine tuning.
- Black Tone: darker settings make blacks look darker
- Black Enhancer: enhances picture depth by adjusting black color depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity
- RGB Only Mode: displays the Red, Green, and Blue color for making fine adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image (Auto/Native)
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Flesh Tone: emphasize the pink flesh tone in a picture
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- 10p White Balance: controls the white balance in 10 point intervals by adjusting the re, green, and blue brightness
- xvYCC: increases picture detail and enlarges the color space when you are watching Blu-ray/DVD movies
- Expert Pattern: use this function to calibrate the picture using shades of grey and black, plus color
Note: You can adjust and store Picture Settings for each external device connected to the TV.
Motion Lighting: The TV automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen in response to the brightness of the room. In bright light, the screen brightens. In dim light, the screen dims.
LED Motion Plus: This function removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of movement to provide a clear picture.
HDMI Black Level: You can select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television. You can select either Normal or Low.
Noise Filtration: The Samsung TV provides digital noise and MPEG noise filtration.
- Digital Noise Filter: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Reduction feature to help reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. You can select Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
- MPEG Noise Filter: This filter reduces MPEG noise of the picture. You can set the MPEG Noise Filter to Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
BD Wise: BD Wise provides the optimal picture quality for Samsung DVD, Blu-ray, and Home Theater products which support BD Wise. When BD Wise is set to On, the TV's picture mode is automatically changed to the optimal resolution.
PIP (Picture-in-Picture): You can watch the TV's tuner and one external video source simultaneously. The TV channel will be displayed in a sub-screen which can be moved to each corner of the television's screen. You can switch the audio between the main screen and sub-screen.
|Main Picture||Sub Picture|
|External Input: Component or HDMI||TV: Antenna input|
Note: PIP does not function in the same mode.
SRS TruSurround HD: SRS TruSurround HD is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
SRS TruDialog: This function allows you to increase the intensity of voices over background music or sound effects so that dialog can be heard more clearly.
Sound Modes: You can choose from the following Preset Sound Modes:
- Standard: Selects the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 5-band EQ (100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz) for a more customized sound.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Picture Off: You can turn the television's screen off and still listen to audio.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LED-LCD television provides an analog and digital audio output.
- Digital Audio: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the TV tuner or a Samsung App via a network connection. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, RCA, or USB.
- Analog Audio: The television features a 3.5mm (minijack) audio output for connecting the television to an analog 2-channel receiver. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (119MCON2M, sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminals will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables a TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI, USB, and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 2 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Network Connection (wired/wireless): You can set up the Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV so that it can access your home network and online Samsung Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi). You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; PBC (WPS), Auto Network Search, One Foot, or Manually.
Note: The TV's built-in WiFi supports IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless LAN networks and WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) network security.
WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung LED-LCD TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
AllShare/DLNA Certified: The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV's AllShare function, along with its DLNA Certification allow you to watch videos (DIVX/MPEG/H.264/WMV), photos (JPEG/PNG/BMP/MPO)), and listen to music (MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC/OGG) saved on your Windows PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: Windows PCs with XP and Vista installed require Samsung's PC Share Manager software, which can be downloaded for free at www.samsung.com. Not compatible with older Windows OS versions and Mac.
Samsung's Dual Core Processor: Samsung's Dual Core's processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time, such as using an app while downloading another one. It also enables faster web browsing while playing apps or TV programs that you've recently opened through the Recent History feature.
Samsung Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung TV to your home network, you gain access to Samsung Apps. Samsung Apps lets you download for pay or free-of-charge applications and services to the Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications; such as videos, music, photos, games, and news. Samsung Apps has a growing collection of pay and free-of-charge online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content; such as movies from Netflix or Blockbuster, TV shows from Hulu Plus, videos from YouTube, music from Pandora, and social updates from Facebook or Twitter. Once connected to your home network, you can visit the online Samsung Apps store from the TV's Smart Hub menu and download free Apps or purchase advanced applications. The following App categories are available.
Description and Listings
|What's New||Displays newly registered applications.|
|Most Popular||Display the most popular applications.|
|Video||Displays apps that provide video media; such as movies, TV shows, and short length videos. You can access Netflix (5.1ch), Vudu, HuluPlus, Blockbuster On-Demand, Flixter, CinemaNow, YouTube, AOL HD, etc..|
|Game||Displays various game app; such as Memory, Sudoku, and Texas Hold'em.|
|Sports||Displays apps that provide sports content and exercise work outs. You can access MLB, NHL, or College for sports; and Push-Ups, Six-Pack, or Yoga for workouts.|
|Lifestyle||Includes apps that provide lifestyle media services; such as music (Pandora/vTuner), personal photo management tools (Picasa), and social networking (Facebook/Twitter/Google Talk).|
|Information||Includes apps that provide information content; such as news (CNBC/USA Today), weather (accuweather), and maps (Google maps).|
|Education||Includes educational apps for kids.|
|My Apps||Displays the application list and your cyber cash balance.|
|Help||For questions about Samsung Apps.|
Note: Smart Apps require an Internet connection with a speed of 1.5mbps or greater. Some application services may be provided in English only and the content available may vary, depending on your area. Visit Samsung's App Guide for a complete list of available Samsung Apps.
Ticker: The Ticker application provides useful News, Weather, and Stock Market information on-screen.
Web Browser (powered by Google): You can access the internet using the TV's Web Brower application (powered by Google). You can search by URL address or keywords. The player will archive your web browser history by Date, Name, or Frequency. You can also save "Favorite" web pages and create a "Home" page. The Web Browser can be accessed from the Smart Hub menu. The Web Browser is maximized to fill TV screen.
Note: The Web Browser is not compatible with Java applications. The playback of Flash videos is not supported. E-commerce, for purchasing products online is not supported. ActiveX is not supported.
Skype Ready: Samsung's free Skype app on the Samsung LED-LCD TV lets you make video calls from the comfort of your living room. Using the TV's remote control, you can create free Skype accounts, log into existing accounts, and navigate via a simple Skype interface made for the big screen. You can make free Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls to friends and family, wherever they are in the world from the Samsung TV (separate Samsung TV Skype camera required, sold separately).
Firmware/Software Updates: The television's Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the TV's software & firmware for performance improvements & additional services. You can upgrade in four ways; USB, Internet, Alternative Software, or Standby Mode. The tested television contained firmware version (T-MST10PAUSC-1011.1 as of 5/24/2012). An immediate firmware update (version T-MST10PAUSC-1012) was available. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware/Software updates.
Triple USB Ports: The television is equipped with three USB (type-A) ports. Two of the USB ports can accept a USB mass-storage-class device (5V, 0.5A), while the other USB port will accept a USB hard-disk-drive (5V, 1A). Either USB port lets you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB device. Files must be formatted in FAT16/32 or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files in each folder.
- Video Playback: The TV supports the following video file types; DIVX (1920x1080), MPEG (1920x1080), Motion JPEG (640x480), H.264 (1920x1080), or WMV (1920x1080). Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a compatible USB device.
- Still Image Playback: The TV supports the following still image file types; JPEG (15360x8460), PNG (1920x1080), BMP (1920x1080, or MPO (15360x8650). Still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view (up to 15 images). Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio Playback: The TV supports music files supports the following music file types; MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and OGG. Music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album, or Genre. Music files can be repeated or shuffled in a selected folder.
5-Way Joy Stick: The television is equipped with a 5-way "joy stick" like button on the bottom right side of the TV's rear-panel that lets you control the TV without the remote control.
Smart Hub: Once you have connected the Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV to your home network, you can start using Samsung's Smart Hub interactive menu system. With Smart Hub, you can stream audio/video content from select Internet sites, access various pay or free-of-charge applications, and view them on the television. Application content includes news, sports, weather forecasts, stock market quotes, maps, photos, and games; plus a recommendation engine which suggests movies you might like from your video-on-demand services. The Smart Hub menu also gives you access to the television's off-air tuner, external inputs, and network connected media devices. The Smart Hub offers the following on-screen menu functions.
- TV Screen: You can view the current input source screen while viewing the Smart Hub Menu.
- Search: Provides an integrated search for your video providers and connected All Share devices.
- Your Video: Provides recommendations for on-line movies based on your tastes. Once you have selected a movie from the recommendation list, you can select which VOD (video-on-demand) provider to use.
- Samsung Apps: You can download various for pay or free-of-charge application services.
- Recommended Apps: The Samsung Smart Hub menu features a recommendation engine which suggests Samsung Apps you might like from the online Samsung App Store.
- Channels: The Smart Hub provides various options to select the
channels you watch most.
- Favorites: The Favorites feature lets you arrange and display favorite channels in up to five groups. Each group is independent of the other groups and can contain the same channels as other groups, different channels, or a combination of both.
- Recently Viewed: Shows the most recently viewed channels.
- Mostly Viewed: Shows the most frequently viewed channels.
- Schedule Manager: Using this function, you can set the TV to display a desired channel automatically on a day and at a time of your choice. The Schedule Manager can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun.
- Sources: From the Smart Hub menu you can switch source inputs (TV, HDMI, AV, Component).
- Family Story: Effortless way to access family content. Provides access to family photos, messages, and events.
- Fitness: Provides a gateway to the Unified Self-Care Service. Presents fitness videos from various content partners with feedback on calories burned after every workout.
- Kids: Kids service gives kids an easy and safe way to enjoy their favorite content.
Note: Smart Hub requires an Internet connection with a speed of 1.5mbps or greater. You must setup a user name and password. Some application services may be provided in English only and the content available may vary, depending on your area.
RVU Compatible (for DirecTV): This Samsung television is RVU-compatible which means DIRECTV subscribers with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR can watch live broadcast and stored content from their DVR on the Samsung TV, without the need for an additional Genie Mini Client devices or set-top boxes. However, you will need a DECA unit (sold separately) that converts Coax to Ethernet, which will plug into the the Samsung TV's LAN port. Make sure the television has the latest firmware update.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI Device, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Closed Captions (CC): The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size.
Note: The Closed Captions feature does work in Component, HDMI, or PC modes.
Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
ENERGY STAR Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV is ENERGY STAR compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Eco Sensor: Samsung's unique Eco light sensor measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turn off after 4 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating.
Timers: The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV offers On/Off and Sleep timers for your convenience.
- On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
- Picture Test: Use to check for picture problems. If the problem appears in the test picture, select "Yes" and follow the directions on the screen.
- Sound Test: Use the built-in melody sound to check for sound problems. If the problem occurs during the test, select "Yes" and follow the directions on the screen.
- Signal Test: An HD digital channel's reception quality is either perfect or the channels are unavailable. Adjust your antenna to increase signal strength.
E-Manual: The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Wireless Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to operate the Samsung LED-LCD television and many satellite/cable boxes. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23' from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Note: This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, and Volume buttons for the visually impaired.
Anynet+: Take all your remotes and condense them into one simplified solution. With Samsung's Anynet+ you'll enjoy one-touch control for all your HDMI-connected compatible devices like your Samsung TV, Blu-ray Disc player, AV Receiver and Home Theater. Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with the Samsung television's remote control. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that support the Anynet+ features. The Anynet+ feature must be turned on in the menu to function.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV will support either a USB or Bluetooth enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately).
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. The pedestal stand allows the TV to swivel left to right +/- 20°. The television weighs 49.1 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 400 (400mm horizontal x 400mm vertical) in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The threaded inserts require M8 (8mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 43.6 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung ES7100 series LED-LCD TV comes with a 5' detachable AC power cord. The power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.9375" from the wall.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.