Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
A camera with a sense of fun
The Samsung DV300F comes out of the box ready for fun. From the moment you see that front-facing LCD screen, you'll know this camera has what it takes to capture life's great memories and put you right in the middle of them. And with extensive creative touches like Magic Frame background templates, paint-like post-production filters, and Funny Face warp mode, you're free to put your own imagination to work with your images.
Share your creativity with the world
What fun is creative freedom without an audience to appreciate it? Built-in Wi-Fi® browsing means your camera is connected to the world, anywhere you have a network connection. Send photos directly to social media sites, to your Android smartphone or tablet, or via email, straight from your camera. Back up your hard-won images wirelessly to a PC or to Microsoft SkyDrive® cloud storage. View the photos without connecting a wire on a a compatible Wi-Fi HDTV using Samsung's TV Link and Wi-Fi Direct technologies. The Samsung DV300F is set to route your pictures wherever you'd like them to go.
Close-up and clear
The on-board 16-megapixel CCD sensor will ensure that your captured images are clear, rich and vibrant, even in low-light. You'll be shooting HD videos at up to 720/30p resolution, too, and with a 5X zoom lens you won't miss any of the action.
- 16.0-megapixel effective recording
- 5X optical zoom
- 3" rear LCD screen (460,000 dots), 1.5" front LCD screen for easy self-portraits
- records photos and video onto 16MB of internal memory and Micro SD and SDHC memory cards
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 25-125mm
- instantly share your photos around the world with camera's built-in Wi-Fi® browser
- Auto-Backup wirelessly transfers your images to a PC with the touch of a button
- send images wirelessly to Smart TVs equipped with "Wi-Fi Direct" or "TV Link"
- high-definition movie mode (up to 720/30p resolution)
- 1/2.3" CCD sensor takes sharp pictures in low light
- "Funny Face" mode lets you bend, stretch and warp your photos in amusing and creative ways
- Magic Frame mode gives you 12 different background templates
- red-eye reduction flash mode
- take perfectly framed self-portraits with front LCD and special Self/Couples modes
- panorama mode stitches photos together for expansive views
- dual optical/digital image stabilization
- 16MB internal memory
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB interface
- 3-3/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 3/4"D
- weight (without battery and media): 4.24 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Today's point-and-shoot cameras make great pictures easier than ever
From baby's first steps, to that dream vacation in the islands, these cameras make it easy to capture life's greatest hits. Today's cameras have helpful automatic features, like face detection and scene recognition that make shooting more foolproof than ever. And they all have plenty of megapixels for detailed photos that stay sharp, even when you enlarge and print them.
Samsung DV300F Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Impressive for the $$$
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
So far so good. Seems durable but of course only time will tell. This is my first Samsung camera but have been very pleased with other products by them. A lot of features for the money. This was for our daughter and if it holds up and continues to perform as it has, will most likely purchase an upgraded version for myself. Crutchfield, as always, provided excellent service and fast shipping. Have been doing business with them for 30+ years now and have never had a negative experience. Have probably purchased over 50 items from them over the years. That's saying a lot!
Pros: Good value. Lots of features.
Cons: None so far.
Samsung DV300F camera
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great camera take excellent pictures, lot of cool features, i can actually control camera with my andriod smart phone along wireless uplload to all my smart electronics. I got more of a camera thank i thought i was buying.
Pros: excellent camera, fantastic picture
Cons: none yet
What's in the box?
- Digital camera (silver/blue)
- BP88A Lithium-Ion battery (3.7 Volts/880 mAh/3.25 Wh)
- Wrist strap
- AD5055 AC adapter (5 Volts/550 mAh)
- 20" USB cable (with Type A USB on one end and a proprietary connection on the other end)
- Software CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Samsung International Warranty Certificate
- Product Registration sheet
- Safety precautions sheet
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3", 1.5"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||25-125mm|
|Internal Memory||16 MB|
|Effective Megapixel Count||16.1|
|Image Stabilization||Optical + Digital|
|Highest Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|HD Video Recording||1280 x 720|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||5.25|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
DualView LCD Monitors: The Samsung DV300F digital camera features two LCD monitors: a 3" color TFT LCD rear monitor with 460,000 dots, and a 1.5" color TFT LCD front monitor with 61,000 dots. The monitor's brightness can be set to Normal, Dark, Bright, or Auto.
Dual Media: The Samsung DV300F digital camera can record still images and video onto its built-in 16 MB flash memory or on microSD cards (up to 2 GB) microSDHC cards (up to 32 GB), or microSDXC cards (up to 64 GB). Larger card sizes are not guaranteed by Samsung.
Built-in Wi-Fi: The DV300F has built-in Wi-Fi, which lets you instantly share your photos wirelessly from your home network or a public Wi-Fi hotspot. You can also send photos or videos to your smartphone. For more details, see the section on Built-in Wi-Fi below.
Image Recording Format: The digital camera records still images in JPEG format. High Definition movies are recorded at 30 fps or 15 fps in MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) format with AAC audio.
Image Sensor: The Samsung DV300F digital camera is equipped with a 1/2.3" CCD image sensor with a total pixel count of approximately 16.4 megapixels and an effective pixel count of approximately 16.1 megapixels for high quality still images and video.
Image Sizes: The camera can record JPEG still images in a 3:2, 4:3, or 16:9 aspect ratio with three compression ratio settings (Super Fine, Fine, and Normal). HD and SD movies can be recorded in MPEG-4 (H.264) up to 20 minutes in length. The camera offers the following still image and movie sizes:
|Photo Size||Resolution||Aspect Ratio|
|16M||4608 x 3456||4:3|
|14M||4608 x 3072||3:2|
|12M||4608 x 2592||16:9|
|10M||3648 x 2736||4:3|
|5M||2592 x 1944||4:3|
|3M||1984 x 1488||4:3|
|2M||1920 x 1080||16:9|
|1M||1024 x 768||4:3|
|Movie Size||Resolution||Aspect Ratio|
|HD||1280 x 720||16:9|
|VGA||640 x 480||4:3|
|QVGA||320 x 240||4:3|
|240 Web||320 x 240||4:3|
Lens: The DV300F digital camera features a 5x optical zoom lens with a focal length of 4.5 to 22.5 mm (35mm equivalent is 25-125mm). The f-stop range is f/2.5 (W) - 6.3 (T).
Digital Zoom: In addition to the 5x optical zoom, the camera provides a 5x digital zoom for a total zoom of 25x for still picture shooting.
Focus Modes: The Samsung DV300F offers the following auto focus modes:
- Normal: 31.5" to infinity (W), 98.4" to infinity (T)
- Macro: 1.97" to 31.5" (W), 39.37" to 98.4" (T)
- Auto Macro: 1.97" to infinity (W), 39.37" to infinity (T)
Focusing Area: You can select your preferred auto focus area:
- Center AF: the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be focused
- Multi AF: camera selects one or more of the 9 AF points
- Tracking AF: you can focus on your subject and track them as they move within the frame.
Face Detection: With the Face Detection feature, the camera detects faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes the brightness of the face for beautiful portrait pictures. The Face Detection feature detects up to 12 different faces, automatically adjusts focus and brightness, and also senses and removes red-eye. The camera offers the following Face Detection modes:
- Normal: This mode detects the face position of the subject automatically and the sets the focus and exposure.
- Smile Shot: The camera automatically takes a picture by detecting the face of the subject although you do not press the shutter button. If you press the Shutter button, the picture is taken in the normal way. When taking a picture with smile shot, showing teeth or keeping the smiley face of your subject helps detecting the smile face of the subject.
- Blink Detection: If the eyes of the subject are closed when the shutter button is pressed, the camera takes 2 continuous shots and then the images are saved. The camera takes only one picture if the eyes of the subject are open when the Shutter button is pressed.
- Smart Face Recognition: The camera automatically registers faces that you often photograph. The Smart Face Recognition feature automatically prioritizes the focus on those faces and on favorite faces.
Focus Lock: Use the camera's focus lock function to focus on a subject not positioned in the center of the picture.
Drive Modes: The camera offers four drive modes to suit your shooting needs:
- Single: Takes on picture only.
- Continuous: Images will be taken continuously until the shutter button is released.
- Motion Capture: This takes 5 shots per second when the shutter button is held down. A maximum number of 30 shots can be taken and the image sized is fixed to VGA (640 x 480).
- AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing): Takes three pictures in a series in different exposures - standard exposure, under exposure, and over exposure.
Self-Timer: The Samsung DV300F offers three self-timer functions:
- 10 Sec Self-Timer: Pressing the shutter button will allows an interval of 10 seconds before the image is taken.
- 2 Sec Self-Timer: Pressing the shutter button will allows an interval of 2 seconds before the image is taken.
- Double Self-Timer: A picture will be taken after about 10 seconds and 2 seconds later a second picture will be taken.
Recording Mode: The DV300F offers various recording modes to choose from to match your shooting preference, using the menu guide:
- Smart Auto: The camera automatically chooses the appropriate camera settings based on a detected type of scene. It will automatically select one of the 16 scene modes which best suits the environment you are shooting in.
- Program: Select this mode to manual configure all functions of the camera, except the aperture value and shutter speed.
- Smart Movie Mode: A movie clip can be recorded with the camera automatically choosing the appropriate camera settings based on the scene it detects.
- Movie Mode: While shooting a movie, you can customize the settings.
- Scene Modes: The DV300F's various scenes modes automatically
configures the camera's optimal settings for a variety of shooting
- Landscape: to take pictures of distant scenery
- Sunset: for taking pictures of sunsets
- Dawn: daybreak scenes
- Backlight: portrait without shadows caused by backlight
- Beach&Snow: for ocean, lake, beach, and snowscape scenes
- Text: use this mode to shoot a document
- Live Panorama Mode: You can capture a wide panoramic scene in a single photo.
Exposure Compensation: This camera automatically adjusts the exposure according the ambient light conditions. You can also select the exposure value from +2.0EV to -2.0EV in steps of 1/3EV.
Metering Mode: If you cannot obtain suitable exposure conditions, you can change the camera's metering method to take brighter pictures. You can choose from 3 modes:
- Multi: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. This is suitable for general use.
- Spot: Only the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be metered for light. This is suitable when the subject in the center is exposed correctly, regardless of the back lighting.
- Center Weighted: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. However, the calculation will be biased towards the center of the image area. This is suitable for taking a picture of small objects like a flower or insects.
Built-in Flash: The Samsung digital camera features a built-in flash with a variable range based on the auto focus mode. The flash has a range of 15.75" to 10.83' (W) and 39.37" to 5.91' (T). You can choose from the following flash modes:
- Auto Flash: If the subject or background is dark, the camera flash will operate automatically.
- Fill In Flash: The flash fires regardless of the available light. The intensity of the flash will be automatically controlled to suit the prevailing condition.
- Slow Sync: The flash operates with a slow shutter speed to obtain a balanced correct exposure.
- Red-Eye Reduction: The flash fires when the subject or background is dark. When a shot with "red-eye" is detected, this mode will reduce the red-eyed effect automatically.
- Red-Eye Fix: The flash fires when the subject or background is dark, and the camera corrects red eyes through its advanced software analysis
- Flash Off: The flash does not fire.
White Balance: The white balance control allows you to adjust the colors to appear more natural. The camera has seven white balance modes.
- Auto WB: The camera automatically selects the appropriate white balance settings, depending on the prevailing lighting conditions.
- Daylight: For taking images outside.
- Cloudy: For taking images under a cloudy and overcast sky.
- Fluorescent H: For shooting under daylight fluorescent type of three-way fluorescent lighting.
- Fluorescent L: Shooting under white fluorescent lighting.
- Tungsten: For shooting under tungsten (standard light bulb) lighting.
- Custom Set: Allows you to set the white balance according to the shooting condition.
ISO Sensitivity: You can select the ISO sensitivity when taking pictures. The speed or specific light-sensitivity of a camera is rated by ISO numbers. A higher ISO setting allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. The camera features the following ISO settings - Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, and 3200.
Instant Sharing: When you are connected to a WLAN, you can instantly upload photos and videos to social networks like Facebook, or email them directly from the camera.
Auto Backup: The Auto Backup feature allows you to wirelessly transfer and store your photos and videos on your PC with the touch of a button. The supplied Intelli-studio software (Windows OS only) must be installed on your PC in order to take advantage of this feature.
Smartphone Options: The camera can connect to some smartphones that support the MobileLink feature via a wireless network and send photos or videos. You can also use your smartphone as a remote shutter release.
Note: MobileLink and the Remote Viewfinder features are supported by Galaxy S smartphones with the Android 2.2 OS or higher, and by the 7" and 10.1" Galaxy Tab. These features may be supported by other devices with Android 2.2 or higher, but Samsung makes no guarantee of its functionality.
SkyDrive: You can upload your photos to the SkyDrive cloud server.
TV Link: TV Link is a technology for sharing media files between a camera and a TV connected to the same AP device. You can view your photos or videos on a TV Link-enabled HDTV.
Quick View: If you enable the Quick View function before capturing an image, you can view the image you just captured on the camera's LCD monitor.
Smart Album: Recorded content can be categorized by date, face list, file type, or all, and you can filter playback to these categories.
Thumbnail Playback: You can view multiple pictures (12 or 24) on the LCD monitor at once.
Slide Show: Images can be displayed continuously, at intervals of 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds, with various slide-show effects on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offer pre-recorded background music to play along with your still image slide show.
Image Zoom: A single image can be zoomed in for a closer look. Once the image is zoomed in, you can pan around to different areas of the image.
Movie Playback: You can playback a movie clip on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Scan backward, and Scan Forward. You can also adjust the volume level of the playback audio.
Edit: The Samsung DV300F digital camera offers various editing features so you can manipulate your pictures right from the camera once they have been recorded.
- Resize: You can change the resolution (size) of a pictures taken to a smaller size.
- Crop Portraits: You can extract and save close-up portraits automatically from landscape shot.
- Image Rotation: You can rotate and image 360-degrees in 90-degree increments.
- Smart Filter: It is possible to add various effects to your recorded images, such as Miniature, Vignetting, Ink Painting, Oil Painting, Cartoon, Cross Filter, Sketch, Soft Focus, Fish-eye, Old Film, Half-Tone Dot, Classic, Retro, and Zooming shot.
- Image Adjust: You can adjust the following elements of
a recorded image:
- ACB (Auto Contrast Balance): You can automatically adjust the brightness of the dark area of a recorded image, caused by under exposure to the light source.
- Red-Eye Fix: The red-eye effect can be removed from a captured image.
- Face Retouch: You can make the skin in a recorded image appear more clear and beautiful.
Protecting Images: This is used to protect specific shots from being accidentally erased.
PictBridge (1.0) Printing Capability: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a new standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
A/V-USB: The Samsung DV300F features a single proprietary connection which allows you to connect the camera to your computer or your TV. Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect the camera to your computer to transfer photos and videos. To connect to your TV, you'll need an optional A/V cable. The video output can be set to NTSC or PAL.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: The Samsung DV300F comes supplied with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (BP-88A) which provides up to 260 still image shots or 130 minutes of movie recording. The supplied AC adapter and USB cable charges the Lithium-Ion battery in approximately 210 minutes. Charging via your computer's USB takes longer.
Auto Power Off: This function switches the camera off after a set amount of time (of no operation) in order to prevent unnecessary battery drainage. The camera can be set to turn off after 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes of no operation.
Supplied Software: The Samsung DV300F comes with Intelli-Studio and PC Auto Backup software, as well as the full User Manual, on CD-ROM. Intelli-Studio is compatible only with Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista, and Windows 7. It does not work with Macintosh computers. With Intelli-Studio, you can transfer files to your computer, edit them, and upload them to the web.
Macintosh: When you connect the camera to a Macintosh computer via USB, the computer will automatically recognize the device. You can transfer files directly from the camera to the computer without installing any programs. The camera supports Mac OS X 10.4 or later.