Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Lightweight and compact, this versatile 20-50mm (30.8 - 77mm equivalent) lens for Samsung's NX Series of interchangeable-lens cameras offers a 2.5X zoom range and is good for capturing your whole tour group or spontaneous candid portraits during your journey. Because of its low-profile, easily portable design, it's a strong choice for travel.
- 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 standard zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 30.8-77mm
- compatible with Samsung NX Series digital cameras
- ultra-compact low-profile construction keeps Samsung NX cameras even slimmer and easier to carry
- aspherical lens element and low-dispersion glass keep the lens sharp and free of color fringing
- minimum focus distance: 11.02"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- seven circular-aperture diaphragm blades for smooth background defocusing
- filter/attachment size: 40.5mm
- lens is 2-1/2" in diameter and 1-13/16" long
- weight: 4.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
Samsung EX-S2050 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED II NX lens (white)
- 40.5mm Lens cap (white)(installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- Lens pouch
- User Manual (11 languages)
- After-Sales Service Guide
Features and Specs
|Maximum Aperture||F3.5 (W) - 5.6 (T)|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Samsung NX-mount: The Samsung 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED II standard zoom lens has the Samsung NX-mount. It is compatible with Samsung's NX-series of interchangeable lens cameras, including NX1000 and NX300.
Locking Zoom Ring: The lens has a zoom ring for changing the focal length from 20mm to 50mm. The lens has a lever that allows you to unlock the lens before use. When you are finished using the lens, you can turn the lens past the wide angle position and lock it into place.
Special i-Modes: The lens is compatible with special "i-modes" found in some NX-series camera. The Fn (Function) button found on the lens barrel activates the modes, which vary by camera model:
- i-Depth: You can adjust the depth of field on the lens
- i-Function: You can manually select and adjust shutter speed, aperture value, exposure value, ISO sensitivity, and White Balance on the lens
- i-Zoom: You can zoom in on a subject with less degradation of the photo quality than the digital zoom.
- i-Scene: You can select an appropriate scene mode and filter effect with the lens. Available modes and effects include Beauty Shot, Portrait, Children, Backlight, Landscape, Sunset, Dawn, Beach & Snow, and Night.
- Focal Length: 20-50mm (35mm equivalent: 30.8-77mm)
- Construction: 9 elements in 8 groups (including 1 aspheric element and 1 ultra-low dispersion element)
- Angle of View: 70.2° - 31.4°
- Aperture: F3.5 - F5.6 (Max), F22 (Minimum)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.22x
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.2"
- Filter Size: 40.5mm
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.482", Length=1.782" (2.237w/caps)
- Weight: 4.2 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
1 answer I have recently purchased the NX 300m and it came with the 18-55 lens. I, wondering which lens would be the best every day use that will give me a portrait or group as well as somewhat of a zoom? I'm going on a cruise in February and don't want to keep changing lenses. [ Judith Dec 22, 2014 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more lenses I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your camera and your budget. [ Greg Dec 23, 2014 ] Staff