Android and Wi-Fi Features
Overview: The Samsung Galaxy Camera (EK-GC110) combines high
performance photography, Bluetooth and Wi-fi connectivity, and the Android 4.1
platform. The camera features a huge 4.8" HD touchscreen display for framing and
viewing your shots, editing photos and videos, and navigating your way around
the numerous apps that are available.
Recording Media: The Galaxy Camera is equipped with an 8 GB internal
memory, plus a slot for a microSD or microSDHC memory card, up to 64 GB.
Image Sensor: The GC110 has a BSI CMOS image sensor with approximately
17.0 total megapixels and 16.3 effective megapixels.
Still Image Sizes: You can record still images in three different
aspect ratios in the following sizes:
- 16M: 4608 x 3456 (4:3)
- 14M: 4608 x 3072 (3:2)
- 12M: 4608 x 2592 (16:9)
- 10M: 3648 x 2736 (4:3)
- 5M: 2592 x 1944 (4:3)
- 3M: 1984 x 1488 (4:3)
- 2M: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
- 1M: 1024 x 768 (4:3)
Movie Sizes: The camera is compatible with the following video files:
H.263, H.264, MPEG-4, VP8, VC-1, and WMV. You can record movies in seven sizes
and different frame rates:
- 1920 x 1080 (30 fps)
- 1280 x 720 (60 fps)
- 1280 x 720 (30 fps)
- 768 x 512 (120 fps)
- 640 x 480 (60 fps)
- 640 x 480 (30 fps)
- 320 x 240 (30 fps)
Lens: The Galaxy Camera has a 21x Samsung zoom lens with a 35mm
equivalent focal length of 23-483mm. The F2.8-5.9 lens gives you the following
focusing options and ranges:
- Normal: 31.5" to infinity (W), 137.8" to infinity (T)
- Tele Macro: 3.94" to 31.5" (W), 59.6" to 137.8" (T)
- Tele Auto Macro: 3.94" to infinity (W), 59.6" to infinity (T)
- Tele Manual: 3.94" to infinity (W), 59.6" to infinity (T)
S Voice: The S Voice application lets you use your voice to perform
operations that are normally done by hand. The camera will respond to voice
commands such as "Record video" and "Zoom In" and many others.
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS): Optical Image
Stabilization reduces the effect of camera shake and help you get a well-exposed
image in dim conditions.
Shooting Modes: The Galaxy Camera lets you choose from three shooting
- Auto: The Auto mode lets you take photos with the scene mode
selected automatically by the camera.
- Smart: The Smart mode gives you a little more control, letting
you choose from the following options: Beauty Face, Best Photo, Continuous
Shot, Best Face, Landscape, Dawn, Snow, Macro, Food, Party/Indoor, Action
Freeze, Rich Tone, Panorama, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Night,
Fireworks, and Light Trace.
- Expert: The Expert mode lets you take photos with manual
adjustments of ISO sensitivity, Exposure value, Aperture value, and Shutter
speed. You can choose from Manual, Program, Shutter Priority, and Aperture
Priority. You can also manually adjust camcorder settings (such as exposure
Flash: The pop-up flash lets you illuminate your subject in areas when
there is insufficient light. It has a range of 1.64' to 12.47' (W) and 1.64' to
5.91' (T), and recharges in approximately 4 seconds. Flash modes include: Auto,
Auto with Red-eye reduction, Fill-in Flash, Slow Sync, Red-eye Fix, and Flash
White Balance: You can set the white balance manually or automatically
to be sure the colors are accurate for the type of lighting you're shooting in.
White Balance settings include Auto WB, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent (H),
Fluorescent (L), Tungsten, and Custom.
GPS Tagging: The camera has a built-in GPS receiver that will receive
location information from overhead Global Positioning Satellites and record them
onto your still images and movies.
Gestures: The Galaxy Camera's Motion Settings menu lets you activate
various gesture features to access time saving functions. Moving the camera
left, right, up, or down, allows you to pan around a zoomed-in image or to move
an icon from one page to another. Palm actions can also capture on-screen
information to copy to a clipboard, or to pause a video file or mute an audio
file. The Hand Motions must first be enabled in the Settings Menu.
Rechargeable Battery: The Galaxy Camera is powered by the EB524759A
Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The battery is rated at 1650 mAh, and charges
in approximately 4 hours with the supplied Travel Charger and USB cable. A fully
charged battery will provide enough power for taking up to 350 pictures or up to
100 minutes of video. You can also play music for up to 21 hours or video up to
4 hours. When accessing the internet, the battery will power the camera for up
to 5 hours via LTE or 6 hours via Wi-Fi.
Connections: The camera features the following connections:
- Micro HDMI: A micro HDMI port (Type D), located on the bottom of
the camera, allows you to connect your camera to an HDTV or other device
with HDMI. A micro HDMI-to-HDMI cable is required, but not included with the
- USB 2.0: A proprietary USB 2.0 port is provided on the side of
the camera. This port can be used with the supplied USB cable to connect
your camera to your computer for uploading your pictures and videos. It is
also used to connect the camera to the supplied Travel Charger to recharge
the battery or operate the camera with ordinary household current.
- Headphone: The side-mounted 3.5mm output jack allows you to
Android and Wi-Fi Features
Android Platform: The EK-GC110 Galaxy Camera provides a powerful user
interface with the Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Operating System. The camera's 1.4
GHz, quad-core processor lets you share your photos and videos in multiple ways,
as well as perform other functions. Through the Android platform, you have
access to the Internet, and many of the popular Android applications, the Google
Chrome app, social networks, Instagram, YouTube, and Gmail.
Wi-Fi: The camera can connect to Wi-Fi networks for photo sharing, as
well as multiple other functions. In addition, Wi-Fi Direct allows
device-to-device connections so you can transfer large amounts of data
(including photos and videos) over a Wi-Fi connection.
AllShare Play: AllShare Play wirelessly synchronizes the Galaxy Camera
with a Samsung Smart TV or other DLNA-compliant device for viewing photos,
videos, streaming content, and sharing music.
Bluetooth: You can also connect wirelessly with other devices over
short distances via Bluetooth. Devices such as headsets, hands-free car kits,
and Bluetooth-enabled handheld devices, computers, printers, and wireless
devices can communicate with the Galaxy Camera over distances of up to
approximately 30 feet.
Available Applications: The Android platform provides a wide variety
of functions and applications that can be performed on the Galaxy Camera:
- Multimedia: You can play music files, video files, and photos
from the various multimedia apps that are available:
- Music Player: play music files in MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+,
3GP, MP4, and M4A.
- Google Play Music: play music files that you have added or
copied from your PC.
- Video Player: play video files stored on the microSD card
- Google Play Movies & TV: rent movies and television shows and
watch them instantly or download for later viewing.
- Gallery: view and edit photos and play back videos
- Photo Wizard: provides basic editing functions for pictures
taken on your Galaxy camera.
- Video Editor: edit videos taken with the camera
- Instagram: share photos with friends
- Google Play Books: find more than 3 million free e-books and
hundreds of thousands more to buy in the eBookstore.
- Google Play Magazines: subscribe to your favorite magazines
and have them available to read on your camera at any time or place.
- Messaging: You can send and receive different types of messages.
- Email: review and create email messages using various email
services, including corporate email accounts.
- Gmail: send and receive messages through Gmail, Google's
web-based email service.
- Google Talk: a free Windows and web-based application for
- Google +: makes messaging and sharing with friends easier.
- Messenger: bring groups of friends together into a simple
- ChatON: for chatting with a device that has a mobile phone
- YouTube: a video sharing website on which you can upload and
share videos or watch other user-generated video content.
- Web Access: These applications give you access to the Internet:
- Chrome: The Google Chrome app allows you to use the Google
Chrome web browser on your camera.
- Internet: a fully optimized web browser
- Downloads: manage all of your downloads from the Play Store
- Dropbox: provides your personal computer files via Dropbox
- Navigation: These applications include maps, points of interest
and voice-guided navigation:
- Local: uses Google Maps and your location to help you find
restaurants, cafes, bars, and other attractions or locations
- Maps: view basic, custom, or satellite maps and local
- Navigation: an internet-connected GPS navigation system with
- Other Applications: Other applications are available on the
- Calculator: provides basic arithmetic functions
- Calendar: consult the calendar by day, week, or month, create
events and set an alarm to act as a reminder.
- Clock: allows you to access alarms, view the World Clock, set
a stopwatch, and use a timer.
- Contacts: manage your daily contacts by storing their name
and number in your address book.
- Game Hub: access social and premium games and enjoy with
- Paper Artist: provides access to an in-device graphics
- S Memo: write memos to yourself or others
- Weather: uses your current location to show the weather