Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Samsung's compact HT-C5500 home theater system gives you loads of entertainment options. You can experience spectacular Blu-ray picture quality, complete with the engaging surround sound of a five-speaker system. You can also watch movies from popular online services like Netflix® and YouTube, or play your favorite tunes from your iPod® or iPhone®.
Get the best picture and sound with Blu-ray
The receiver's built-in Blu-ray player delivers a stunning high-definition picture that'll look great on your HDTV. It also supports the newest surround sound formats, like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD® Master Audio, for realistic wraparound sound to match the picture. And it has a built-in iPod dock, so you can enjoy your digital music collection on your main audio system.
Enjoy Netflix®, Blockbuster®, Pandora®, and more
The 'C5500 lets you stream online movies and music right to your living room via a broadband Internet connection. You can even download optional widgets that allow you to catch up with friends on Facebook® or Twitter. And like a lot of A/V gear these days, the 'C5500 is DLNA-certified. When you connect it to your existing home network, it can access music, videos, and photos stored on your computer, so you can enjoy them from the comfort of your sofa.
You'll be up and running after just a few simple connections. Plug the player/receiver into your TV with an HDMI cable; hook the receiver up to your existing home network with an Ethernet cable or with Samsung's optional Wi-Fi® adapter; and connect the five speakers and subwoofer using the included speaker wire. With the 'C5500's advanced auto calibration, you don't need to be an A/V whiz to get great sound it helps you quickly and easily tailor the sound to your specific room and speaker arrangement.
- home theater system with Blu-ray Disc player/receiver, 5 speakers, and a subwoofer
- Internet@TV offers downloadable widgets and apps like Netflix, Blockbuster, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Pandora, and more (subscription required for Netflix and Blockbuster service)
- includes built-in iPod dock with audio, video, and iPhone support
- Samsung AllShare streams photos/videos/music from a compatible DLNA-enabled Windows® PC
- Wi-Fi capable with optional USB adapter
- Anynet Plus technology for simplified operation with a compatible Samsung TV (HDMI-CEC)
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- plays Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs, MP3 CDs, and JPEG CDs
- selectable 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p output via HDMI
- video upconversion for standard DVD playback
- built-in decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital True HD®, Dolby® Pro Logic® II, DTS, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- 6-channel amplifier (165 watts x 4 for main and rear speakers, 170 watts x 2 for center speaker and subwoofer)
- Crystal Amp Pro technology improves sound quality
- automatic speaker calibration for easy setup
- USB port for connecting an optional thumb drive or hard drive
- Ethernet port
- audio inputs include stereo and optical digital
- video outputs include composite video, component video, and HDMI
- each front speaker has a 2-3/4" full-range driver and a 3/4" tweeter
- center channel speaker has dual 2" full-range drivers (non-functioning tweeter)
- each rear speaker has a 2-3/4" full-range driver
- subwoofer has a 6" woofer
- receiver: 17"W x 2-7/16"H x 14"D
- front speakers: 3-9/16"W x 8-1/8"H x 2-3/4"D (each)
- center channel speaker: 14-3/16"W x 2-15/16"H x 2-3/4"D
- rear speakers: 3-5/8"W x 5-5/8"H x 2-3/4"D (each)
- subwoofer: 6-5/8"W x 13-7/8"H x 11-1/4"D
Transform your TV experience
Enjoy rich, robust sound that puts you right in the middle of your favorite movies, TV shows, and video games. Powered home theater systems come with speakers and a subwoofer plus the amplification to drive them. Many of these systems feature low-profile consoles and ultra-compact speakers for minimal visual clutter. Some include a built-in Blu-ray/DVD player for enjoying movie and concert discs.
Samsung HT-C5500 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Easy to set up - what great sound. Best deal - get scratch and dent - I didn't even see
any scratches or dents. Thanks.
Easy Setup. Works Very Well!!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought this to replace a slightly older Samsung Blue-Ray player and a bigger than
needed Harmon-Kardon surround sound system. This system has replaced them quite
nicely. It was pretty easy to setup, just following the easy to understand instructions. You
will only be able to plug in one other device via the fiber optic input, which is for my
DirecTV box, so be sure that you don't need more inputs than that. The NetFlix and other
apps work good. The sound produced is VERY good and clear. It does take some getting
used to hearing the 'other' 'background' sounds that come out of the surround speakers. I
highly recommend this unit to anybody who wants a quality 'all-in-one' system for limited
space. The Samsung Anynet makes it easier to operate with a Samsung TV also.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
It's a pretty decent product, easy to install and use, no complains. Just wish
its Internet capability allows visiting any web sites, not just those built-in ones.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Setup was very easy. Must use provided speaker wires as they have proprietary connector. However, I am not sure how much a difference higher gauge wire would
make. Sound is very good quality for such small "packaged" speakers. Very good value. Internet connection is very nice feature. I have only had this for a week, but so far very happy with my puchase.
Bang for the buck
For $50 more I went with the Samsung over the Sony because it actually included
a drive (and Blu-Ray at that!) but also an iPod dock. Set up was...actually not
the smoothest. I consider myself fairly techno-savy but this was a bit of a
pain to get all the functions working (i.e. the Pandora and Internet functions).
Nothing too bad though, just take a minute and read through the instruction
manual or spend some time with the remote and the unit plugged into the TV.
What's in the box?
- Integrated Blu-ray disc/receiver (HT-C5500)
- Passive subwoofer (PS-WC5500)
- 2 Front speakers (PS-FC5500)
- Center Speaker (PS-CC5500)
- 2 Surround speakers (PS-RC5500)
- Remote control (AH59-02298A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- iPod dock
- Setup microphone (with attached 16.5' cable terminated by a minijack connector)
- Three 13' lengths of speaker wire (with a proprietary connector on one end and bare-tinned wire on other end)
- 10' length of speaker wire (with a proprietary connector on one end and bare-tinned wire on other end)
- Two 33' lengths of speaker wire (with a proprietary connector on one end and bare-tinned wire on other end)
- 10' Composite video cable
- FM wire antenna
- Cleaning cloth
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Contact Info
- Online Product Registration note
- Cleaning note
- Digital Television Transition Notice
Blu-ray Home Theater System: The Samsung HT-C5500 Blu-ray Home Theater System is a 5.1-channel home theater system with a built-in Blu-ray player. It also allows you to access your audio and video files from your PC, as well as access online audio/video content with Internet@TV through your home network. In addition, it includes an external iPod dock for playback of your iPod/iPhone's audio/video files. The Samsung HT-C5500 Blu-ray Home Theater System includes an integrated Blu-ray disc/receiver, 5.1-channel speaker system, iPod dock, and remote control.
Disc Compatibility: The Samsung Blu-ray disc/receiver supports the following disc types; BD-ROM/RE/R, DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW.
Blu-ray Disc Overview: Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a new high-definition disc format designed to take advantage of today's high quality HDTVs. The resolution is up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and the data transfer rate is up to 40 mbps. Blu-ray Discs and players offer several advantages over the standard DVD format:
- Better picture quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 1080/24p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better sound quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and uncompressed 5.1 channel PCM.
- Much greater storage capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Compatibility with your current disc collections: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet.
DivX: The Samsung HT-C5500 supports DivX playback from DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs, as well as USB storage devices. You can even view DivX content from a wired or wireless network connection via the unit's Ethernet port or optional proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately). The unit supports DivX video with a resolution up to 1920 x 1080 pixels.
JPEG Playback: The Samsung Blu-ray disc/receiver supports playback of JPEG still image files (640 x 480) recorded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-RW, or USB storage device. You can also view JPEG content from a wired or wireless network connection via the unit's Ethernet port or optional proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately). JPEG images can be displayed as a slide show. Individual still images can be zoomed (up to 4x) or rotated (clockwise/counter-clockwise).
MP3/WMA Playback: The HT-C5500 supports MP3 (56 to 320 kbps) and WMA (5-384 kbps) audio file playback from CD-R/RW and DVD-R/RW discs, plus a USB storage device. You can also view MP3/WMA content from a wired or optional proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately). The player provides Playlist, Repeat (Track/All), and Shuffle playback functions for MP3/WMA audio files.
Parental Lock: The Parental Lock function works in conjunction with Blu-ray Disc/DVDs that have been assigned a rating which helps you control the types of Blu-ray Discs/DVDs that your family watches. There are up to 8 ratings levels on a disc. The rating levels are protected by a customer user 4-digit password.
Video Connections: The Samsung HT-C5500 is equipped with High Definition video outputs (HDMI, Component) and one standard definition video output (composite).
- HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface): The unit's HDMI version 1.4 output simplifies A/V connections by carrying video and digital audio all in one cable. This unit features HDCP copyright protection technology, and must be connected to an HDCP-compliant device. The HDMI output resolution can be set to 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i or 1080p when playing a DVD or Blu-ray Disc; also 1080/24p when playing a compatible BD.
- Component Video: The Samsung Blu-ray disc/receiver features a single component video output. When playing Blu-ray the resolution can be set to 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i; when playing DVD the resolution can be set to 480i or 480p.
- Composite Video: The Blu-ray disc/receiver also features a single composite video output. The composite video output resolution is always 480i when playing Blu-ray Disc or DVD.
Video Up-conversion: When connected to your TV using the HDMI output the HT-C5500 scales the output of a standard DVD signal to HD-compatible 720p, 1080i, or 1080p. The unit also supports 480p and 480i output if your television is not HD-compatible.
1080/24p: Movies are typically filmed at 24 frames per second and some Blu-ray Discs use the same frame rate. If your TV will accept a 1080/24p signal, the HT-C5500 can pass the signal in its native form, without converting the video.
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view addition content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing.
BD Wise: BD Wise is Samsung's latest inter-connectivity feature. When you connect Samsung products with BD-Wise to each other via HDMI, the optimum resolution will be set automatically.
TV Aspect: You can adjust the video output of the HT-C5500 to match the screen-type of your television. You can choose from 4:3 Letter-Box, 4:3 Pan-Scan, 16:9 Wide, and 16:9 Normal.
Picture Mode: This function enable you to adjust video quality when you are connected to a TV via HDMI. You can choose from Dynamic, Normal, Movie, or User. The User mode allows you to adjust the sharpness and noise reduction manually.
Deep Color: Deep Color allows more accurate color reproduction with deep color depth. The HT-C550 must be connected to a Deep Color compatible TV via HDMI for this feature to function.
Progressive: The Samsung Blu-ray disc/receiver provides a Progressive mode to improve picture quality when viewing a DVD movie.
5.1 Channel Amplifier: The Integrated Blu-ray Disc/receiver is equipped with a 5.1 channel amplifier which delivers 165-watts per channel to the front and rear speakers, and 170-watts per channel to the center-channel and subwoofer speaker.
Crystal Amplifier Pro: Samsung's Crystal Amplifier Pro filters sound distortion and noise to provide sound quality like that of a professional hi-fi audio system. The Crystal Amplifier is engineered with Noise Compensation technology to eliminate distracting distortion by quickly sensing signal changes and enhancing response speed. Resulting in audio that's rich, realistic, and accurate.
Intelligent Power: The BD receiver's innovative Intelligent Power function delivers dynamic and detailed sound without disruptive distortion by inputting more power when its signals are clipped.
Musical Room Calibration (MRC): Musical Room Calibration makes sure you're hearing optimal sound by automatically configuring the speakers and subwoofer. Simply plug the included MRC microphone into the receiver's front-panel mic input, place microphone next to your favorite viewing spot, and activate the MRC function in the unit's menu. The Musical Room Calibration function will automatically recognize the distance between speakers, levels between channels, and frequency characteristics to create a 7.1-channel soundfield optimized for your environment.
Note: Setting the Musical Room Calibration function take approximately 3 minutes.
Dolby Digital/DTS Surround Decoding: The HT-C5500 can decode the following Dolby Digital/DTS surround formats - Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, and DTS-HD Master Audio (Essential).
Note: 7.1-channel audio formats will be downmixed to 5.1ch to match system's speaker configuration.
Dolby Pro Logic II Modes: Dolby Pro Logic II provides discrete 5.1 channels out of 2 channel or multi-channel sources. You can select from 5 Dolby Pro Logic II modes.
- Music: When listening to music, you can experience sound effects as if you are listening to the actual performance.
- Movie: Adds realism to the movie soundtrack.
- Pro Logic: You will experience a realistic multi-channel effect, as if using six speakers, while using just the front left and right speakers.
- Matrix: You will hear multi-channel surround sound.
- Stereo: Select this to listen to sound from the front left and right speakers and the subwoofer only.
SFE (Sound Field Effect): The Samsung BD receiver utilizes a 32-bit audio digital signal processor to provide soundfield effect modes with more realistic surround sound from normal stereo audio sources. You can choose from Hall 1/2, Jazz, Church, Rock, or Off.
MP3 Enhancer: The MP3 Enhancer provides a better listening experience from low-quality MP3 compressed audio.
Power Bass: This function stresses low tones providing extremely low-bass sound effects.
Smart Sound: Smart Sound regulates and stabilizes the volume level against a drastic volume change when changing channels or during a scene transition.
DRC: You can use the DRC (Dynamic Range Compression) function to enjoy Dolby Digital sound when watching movies at low volume during the night. DRC compresses the audio to make the loudest sounds quieter and the quietest sounds louder.
- Speaker Outputs: The Samsung integrated Blu-ray disc/receiver features color-code 2-prong proprietary connectors for all speaker output connections (Front, Center, Surround, and Subwoofer).
- Digital Input: The Samsung Blu-ray/receiver is equipped with one optical digital input for connecting the audio of your Cable/Satellite receiver box.
- Analog Input: The Samsung BD receiver features one stereo analog audio input for connecting an external audio source.
AV Sync: Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms (in 10ms increments).
FM Tuner: The Samsung BD receiver features a built-in FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 15 FM preset stations.
Note: This receiver does not feature an AM tuner.
Dual USB Ports: The Samsung Blu-ray disc/receiver features a front- and rear-panel USB type-A port. The USB port on the front-panel of the unit allows you to perform software upgrades using a USB flash drive. It can also be used to add more local storage for BD-Live content or playback of MP3 (80-320 kbps)/WMA (5-384 kbps) audio files, JPEG still image files (640 x 480), and DivX (up to 1920 x 1080) video files. The HT-C5500 supports USB storage devices, MP3 players, Digital cameras, and removable HDD (<160GB). Your USB device must be formatted in FAT/16/32. The rear-panel USB port allows you to connect to your network and the internet wirelessly, using the optional proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (305LINK, sold separately).
Note: A USB device consuming more than 500mA requires a separate power supply device for normal operation.
LAN Port: The Blu-ray disc/receiver's rear-panel RJ-45 Ethernet port is used to connect to the internet for firmware updates and to access BD-Live, Pandora, Netflix, Blockbuster, YouTube, and PC (MP3/JPEG/DivX) content.
Wi-Fi Ready: The Samsung Blu-ray disc/receiver is Wi-Fi ready. By connecting the optional proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (305LINK, sold separately) you can connect wirelessly to the Internet and your home network. The optional Wireless LAN adapter provides a wireless network connection with simple setup. Using the Wireless LAN adapter, you can easily connect to your network wirelessly in a cable-free environment.
Note: You must use a wireless router that supports IEEE 802.11 b/g/n. The player supports WEP, TKIP, an AES security encryption.
AllShare/DLNA Certified: The Samsung Blu-ray disc/receiver's AllShare function, along with its DLNA Certification allow you to watch videos (DivX), photos (JPEG), and listen to music (MP3/WMA) saved on your Windows PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or optional proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: To use AllShare, you must connect the Blu-ray disc player to your Windows PC via the network and install the Samsung PC Share Manger software (found at Samsung.com) onto your PC.
BD-Live: BD-Live technology allows you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more from a broadband internet and home network connections (fees may apply). The HT-C5500 features an Ethernet port or using the optional proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately), you can connect to the internet via your home network, and features a USB front-panel USB port for additional storage.
Note: You must have a minimum 1GB USB memory device inserted in the unit's USB slot in order to download content from BD-Live.
Video and Music on Demand (Internet@TV): The Samsung HT-C5500 Blu-ray disc/receiver offers online video and music on demand from Internet@TV via a network connection, using the unit's rear-panel Ethernet port or optional proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately). The Samsung HT-C5500 allows access to the following internet websites.
- Netflix: This Blu-ray disc/receiver supports the Netflix streaming service which enables you to enjoy various movies. You can instantly watch from a selection of over 12,000 (and growing) movies and TV episodes from Netflix (Netflix membership required).
- Blockbuster: With Blockbuster On Demand, you can watch
newly released movies without ever leaving your living room. You can rent or
buy movies to watch right away on your Internet-connected HDTV or Blu-ray
player. You are able to choose from thousands of titles, including new
releases and cinema classics, with no monthly fee.
- Rent Movies: Blockbuster rental allows storage up to 30 days. Once you start playback, you can watch the movie as many times as you like during a 24-hour period. Rentals start at $2.99 per title.
- Buy Movies: Purchased movies store for an unlimited amount of time and range from $1.99 (for TV shows) to $19.99 (for new movie releases).
- YouTube: Directly from the Samsung HT-C5500, you can enjoy access to YouTube. You can upload your home videos and stream them right to your TV. You can also search the millions of videos from other YouTube users.
- USA Today News: By connecting the HT-C5500 to the internet, you can read news streamed by USA Today News.
- AccuWeather: Once connected to the internet, the HT-C5500 allows you to view weather information by AccuWeather.
- Google Maps: The Samsung Blu-ray disc/receiver lets you view Google Maps from the web.
- Internet Radio: The Blu-ray disc/receiver allows you to stream music from Pandora, an Internet Radio service. Pandora is a free internet radio service that lets you program an unlimited number of personalized "stations" that play the music you love, and makes relevant suggestions based on your choices. Choose from any genre, performer, and even specific songs. You can listen and control your Internet Radio music from the HT-C5500. If you already use Pandora, you can just log in to your account directly from the HT-C5500 and you are ready to go. If you don not have an account, you must create one initially.
5 Satellite Speakers and Passive Subwoofer: The Samsung HT-C5500 Blu-ray Home Theater System includes two front satellite speakers, a center-channel speaker, two surround satellite speakers, and a 6" passive subwoofer. In addition, the HT-C5500 includes color-coded speaker wire for simple connection of the system.
Front Satellite Speakers: The front satellite speakers feature a 2.75" woofer and a 0.75" tweeter inside a bass-reflex, gloss-black enclosure with two rear-firing ports (the speakers have no grilles). The front satellite speakers are designed to be mounted vertically on either side of your TV. The front satellite speakers can be placed on a table-top or optional speaker stands. Each front satellite speaker also features a key-hole slot which allows you to mount the speakers on a wall. The front satellite speakers feature spring-clip terminals to attach the included speaker wire.
Center Channel Speaker: The center-channel speaker features two 2.5" full-range drivers inside a bass-reflex, gloss-black enclosure with two rear-firing ports (the speaker has no grille). The center-channel speaker is designed to be mounted horizontally under or over your TV. The center-channel speaker can be placed on a table-top or shelf. The center-channel speaker also features two key-hole slots which allow you to mount the speaker on a wall. The center-channel speaker features spring-clip terminals to attach the included speaker wire.
Note: The center-channel speaker features a non-functioning tweeter designed for cosmetic appeal only.
Surround Satellite Speakers: The surround satellite speakers feature a 2.75" full-range driver inside a bass-reflex, gloss-black enclosure with two rear-firing ports (the speakers have no grilles). The surround satellite speakers are designed to be mounted vertically at the rear of your room on either side of your listening position. The rear satellite speakers can be placed on a shelf or optional speaker stands. Each rear satellite speaker also features a key-hole slot which allows you to mount the speakers on a wall. The rear satellite speakers feature spring-clip terminals to attach the included speaker wire.
Passive Subwoofer: The passive subwoofer features a side-firing 6' woofer inside a bass-reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port. The passive subwoofer features a gloss-back front-panel with a non-removable cloth grille, and a black vinyl wrapped cabinet. The passive subwoofer features spring-clip terminals on the rear-panel to attach the included speaker wire. The subwoofer crossover is fixed inside the system's AV receiver.
Optional Wireless Receiver Module: To connect the system's surround speaker wirelessly, you can purchase the Samsung wireless receiver module and TX card (SWA-5000, sold separately).
iPod/iPhone Dock: The Samsung HT-C5500 comes with an external iPod/iPhone dock which allows you to listen to audio and watch video from select iPods/iPhones through the BD receiver and a connected HDTV. To playback video, you must make a composite video connection between this unit and your TV. The included iPod/iPhone dock provides audio/video playback, metadata information displayed on your connected TV, control via the included remote and unit's on-screen menu, and charging of your connected iPod or iPhone. The included dock and BD receiver are "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (April 2010).
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control||Display||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Remote Control||iPod||Song Info||Track Info|
Note: Your iPod/iPhone's controls will be locked during connection. The unit's front-panel display only indicates playback time. All other song information is displayed on your connected TV. Apple firmware updates may change functionality results.
Multi-brand Remote: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on multiple brand TVs. Once programmed, the remote controls the TV's power on/off, input select, volume up/down, channel up/down, and mute. The remote's playback buttons glow in the dark so its easier to use late at night.
Note: This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, and Volume buttons for the visually impaired.
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) Function: Anynet+ is a function that can be used to operate this BD receiver with a Samsung TV remote control, by connecting the BD receiver to a compatible Samsung TV using an HDMI cable.
Note: This function is available only in connection with a Anynet+ compatible Samsung TV.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.