Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Take control of your Samsung home theater system with the RMC30C2. Its large 3" touchscreen puts the commands you need at your fingertips, and gives this remote a smartphone-like feel. Virtual buttons appear on the screen for controlling the component you've selected, and you can program your own one-touch activity buttons for your specific setup, like "Watch a movie." Traditional push buttons give you easy access to the commands that you use the most, like volume, channel, mute, and source selection. An included rechargeable battery means you won't have to continually replace disposable alkalines.
Easier control over your Samsung Blu-ray player and Internet TV
Here's a cool feature: the RMC30C2 lets you view the contents of a disc in your Blu-ray player on the remote's display screen, while another program plays on your TV. If you already enjoy your Samsung TV's Internet capabilities, then you'll love this remote's full QWERTY keyboard. It pops up on the remote's screen when you need it, making text searches and social networking updates a breeze. It can even "learn" your preferences, so you'll only have to input certain information just once.
Access movies and photos from a compatible Windows® PC — wirelessly
If you have your Samsung TV or Blu-ray player connected to your network along with a DLNA-compatible computer, then you can use this remote to browse music and videos stored on your PC for playback on your television. It lets you search through thumbnail images of your photos, videos, and music, making your favorite picture or song easier to find and play from the comfort of your couch.
- compatible with select Samsung TVs, including the C8000 series LED-LCD and plasma TVs
- 3" touchscreen and traditional pushbutton controls
- virtual QWERTY keyboard for quick searches
- Wi-Fi-enabled for extended remote range
- wirelessly search video and music content stored on a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- Samsung wireless USB dongle required for Wi-Fi operation
- activity buttons allow you to control a compatible Samsung TV and components when connected via HDMI
- rechargeable battery included
- weight: 5.3 ounces
- 1-5/16"W x 5/8"H x 6-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Samsung RMC30C2 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
This remote came with my UN55c9000 TV. I must say, it had THE most difficult time using
it. As you can see it all touch screen. You have to look down at what you are touching
everytime you make a selection.... Don't try to get fancy like me and think you are pressing
the same button repeatedly to navigate to where you want to go. You definitely will end up
pressing exit or return or some other function. Furthermore, scrolling between menus is
ultimately what became the bane of having this remote in my hand. The menus are not
user friendly at all.
So, I you like looking down to press each button, then looking up at the screen to assure
yourself you didn't make an incorrect selection be my guest. Have at it!
P.S. I'm an electronic/technology enthusiast. I pride myself in taking on challenging task,
however this one is too much to overcome.
What's in the box?
- Touchscreen remote control
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (3.7V/4.8wh)
- AC power adapter (5.0V/0.7A)
- 5.5' Charging cable (with a USB type-A connector on one end and a proprietary Samsung connector on other end)
- Cleaning cloth
- User Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- 3 Quick Setup Guides (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Warranty Information sheet
Overview: Samsung's HDTV Touch Control (RMC30C2) is a 3" color, touch-sensitive screen remote that interacts like a smartphone, letting you find your favorite programs and content quickly and easily on your compatible Samsung flat-panel HDTV.
3" Touchscreen: The Samsung Touch Control (RMC302C2) features a 3" color touchscreen (320 x 240) for simple navigation of your compatible Samsung and other connected audio/video components. You can adjust eh brightness and backlight duration of the touchscreen display.
Note: The remote also features five touch-sensitive keys (Power, Source, Volume, Mute, & Channel)
Touchscreen Languages: The Samsung Touch Control supports English, French, and Spanish for its touchscreen display.
QWERTY Keyboard: The remote's touchscreen changes to a full QWERTY keyboard, allowing you to enter text easily.
Built-in Speaker: The Touch Remote control features an integrated speaker for function confirmation.
TV Compatibility: The Samsung Touch Control (RMC30C2) is compatible with Samsung's 2010 LED C7000 & C8000 series TVs (40"-65"), 2010 LCD C750 TVs (46"), and 2010 Plasma C7000 & C8000 series TVs (50").
Note: Your compatible Samsung flat-panel TV will require Samsung's proprietary wireless USB adapter (305LINK, sold separately) for WiFi connection.
Wireless Connectivity: The Samsung Touch Control (RMC30C2) supports both IR (infrared), WiFi (2.4GHz), & Network (802.11b/g/n) wireless control of your compatible Samsung flat-panel HDTV.
- IR Remote: As an IR remote, the Touch Control remote works the same ways as a standard push button remote, except you touch icons and symbols on the LCD screen to control your TV, instead of pushing buttons. Using the Touch Control as an IR remote requires not more set up than a standard remote and gives you access to most of the remote's functions and features.
- Wi-Fi Remote: As an extended distance, WiFi remote, the Touch Control remote offers all the functions and features of the IR mode and, because it uses WiFi waves instead of infrared waves to control the TV, it lets you control the TV from a much greater distance and even from around corners. The long distance, Wi-Fi mode requires a few additional setup steps. It also requires you to attach Samsung's Wireless LAN/USB Adapter (sold separately) to one of the television's USB ports.
- Network Remote: As a Network, Wi-Fi remote, the Touch Control remote gives you all the functions and features of the IR and the extended distance modes and also gives you access to the multimedia functions of your compatible Samsung TV, which lets you listen to or view music, movie, and picture files from your PC on your Samsung television. You can also download upgrades to your Touch Remote's software directory from the Internet. The networked, WiFi mode requires the largest number of setup steps. In addition, to use the networked, WiFi mode, you need a working local area network and a wireless router. You also need to attach the included Samsung Wireless LAN/USB Adapter to one of the TV's USB ports. To use the Multimedia function, you need to install Samsung's PC Share Manager (ver. 4.0) on your PC. You can download PC Share Manager from http:/www.samsung.com.
Device Control: This function lets you control connected external devices such as Blu-ray players, DVD players, etc. with the Touch Control remote. After you connect the device to your Samsung TV, the Touch Control remote can learn the navigation, number, and other keys needed to operate control the device. The Samsung RMC30C2 controls the devices with its standard IR (infrared) control functionality.
Note: The Touch Control remote can only control other devices via IR (infrared). It will not operate other devices via WiFi or a network connection.
HDMI-CEC Control: The Samsung Touch Control remote supports HDMI-CEC control for audio/video components connected to your Samsung HDTV via HDMI.
Customizable Macros: You can register functions of an added external device as a "hot-key". When you tap that "hot-key, the device performs those functions.
Rechargeable Battery: The Samsung Touch Control remote operates off of a single 3.7V rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included). There is an included AC adapter charger which allows you to charge the battery inside the remote when connected to an AC outlet. There is also a USB charging cable supplied so you can charge the remote by connecting it to one of your computer's USB ports. Charging time is approximately 3.5 hours. A fully charged battery provides up to 2 hours of operation.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.