Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Save that special moment as a photo and a video
Your baby just pulled herself into standing position, and she's holding onto the sofa cushion. She's thinking about it...she's a couple of seconds away from taking her first steps ever. Do you save the moment as a video? A still photograph? With Samsung's TL350, you can do both. The camera captures sharp HD videos in 1080p resolution, and while you're recording you can hit the shutter button to take detailed 10-megapixel photos, too.
If you always feel like you're just missing the best shots that winning goal or winning smile this camera has you covered. A cool "pre-capture" feature starts saving images automatically when you press the shutter button halfway. Later you can look over all the photos and pick your favorite shot. Also, the camera's high-speed shooting capability lets you snap at a blazing 10 frames per second, so you won't miss any of the action.
Sharp images in every environment
The TL350 uses an advanced CMOS image sensor that's twice as sensitive as a normal CMOS sensor. That means you'll get clear photos, even in dimly lit settings, with minimal noise and distortion. And at the opposite extreme, when you're shooting in bright sunlight, you'll appreciate the ultra-clear, advanced 3" display that prevents your view from getting washed out.
The TL350 has two analog gauges on the top, for keeping an eye on both battery life and memory card capacity. Those gauges give this camera an appealingly vintage look and feel.
There's no memory provided, so add SD or SDHC cards to store your photographs.
From the review Falling in love with the Samsung TL350
"If you're looking for a camera to go along as a backup to your DSLR, or even if you're not a serious shooter, the TL350 is worth a look. It may be the perfect travel camera wide angle, great lens, high-def movies, small size. I thoroughly enjoyed testing it out."
Zak, Crutchfield Video Producer and A/V Writer
- 10-megapixel effective recording
- high-speed Back Side Illuminated CMOS image sensor
- 5X optical zoom (4X digital/20X total zoom)
- 35mm equivalent lens focal length: 24-120mm
- 3" AMOLED display for better viewing in bright sunlight
- high-definition movie mode (up to 1080p resolution)
- dual capture records photos and videos simultaneously
- high-speed shooting at up to 10 frames per second
- full manual mode
- dual image stabilization (optical and electronic) reduces the effect of camera movement
- RAW mode for capturing uncompressed photos
- analog gauges for monitoring memory capacity and remaining battery power
- micro "Type D" HDMI output (cable not included)
- uses optional SD or SDHC cards
- 4-1/16"W x 2-7/16"H x 1-1/16"D
- weight: 5.41 oz. (without battery and media)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Today's point-and-shoot cameras make great pictures easier than ever
From baby's first steps, to that dream vacation in the islands, these cameras make it easy to capture life's greatest hits. Today's cameras have helpful automatic features, like face detection and scene recognition that make shooting more foolproof than ever. And they all have plenty of megapixels for detailed photos that stay sharp, even when you enlarge and print them.
Samsung TL350 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Good camera, easy to use, excellent 1080p HD video quality
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
From a regular end user's point of view, Samsung TL350 is an excellent digital camera. I'll say it's ultra compact HD camcorder too because my main purpose of buying this camera is taking videos.
The clarity and color of the 3? AMOLED screen is simply amazing! The best digital camera screen I've ever seen.
There are lots of fun stuff to play with on this camera.
Record video in full HD 1920 x 1080p HQ 30fps.
MP4 video format. Can be uploaded to YouTube directly.
Try a 7:30 minutes long video recording on a 8GB SDHC card (class 6). No lagging!
Take a 10MP picture while recording a 1080p full HD video.
Panorama SCN mode makes easy to take a 360 degree picture.
High speed video recording, play back in slow motion.
Low light video performance is pretty good.
Things I'm not very happy about:
1. There is no separate battery charger. The USB charger requires the battery to be charged with camera.
2. Battery life is so so after 3 hours fully charging.
3. Microphone position is on the top and left most. That's the spot I hold the camera sometimes. That's not good while recording video.
4. There is no 60fps video setting. I hope there will be firmware upgrades to fix that.
5. HDMI cable is not included.
I shot lots of samples and put on my blog.
What's in the box?
- Digital camera (black)
- SLB-11A Lithium-Ion battery (3.8V/1130mAh)
- AC power adapter
- 20" USB cable (with a USB type-A connector on one end and a proprietary connector on the other end)
- Wrist strap
- Software/Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Start Manual
- Samsung International Warranty Certificate
- Accessories sheet
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-120mm|
|Internal Memory||22 MB|
|Effective Megapixel Count||10|
|Image Stabilization||Optical + Digital|
|Highest Resolution||3648 x 2736|
|HD Video Recording||Yes|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||Not Given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
3" AMOLED Monitor: The Samsung TL350 digital camera features a 3" color AMOLED monitor with VGA resolution (920K dots). The AMOLED (Active Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode) screen provides a higher contrast ratio (10,000:1), deeper blacks and more vivid colors, even when viewed from an angle or in direct sunlight.
Dual Media: The Samsung TL350 digital camera can record still images and video onto its built-in 22 MB flash memory or on optional SD or SDHC memory cards up to 8 GB. Larger capacity memory cards are not guaranteed by Samsung.
Schneider-KREUZNACH Lens: The TL350 digital camera features a Schneider-KREUZNACH 5x optical zoom lens with a focal length of 4.3 to 21.5 mm (35mm equivalent is 24-120mm). The f-stop range is f/2.4 (W) - 5.8 (T).
Digital Zoom: In addition to the 5x optical zoom, the camera provides a 4x digital zoom for a total zoom of 20x for still picture shooting.
Convenient Controls: The TL350 features a convenient mode dial on the top of the camera to allow you to set the shooting mode quickly. You can choose from Smart Auto, P, A, S, M, Dual IS, Scene, and Movie. On the right side is a rotating control for selecting the Drive Mode (burst mode, self-timer, bracketing, and interval shooting).
Mini Dashboard: On the top of the camera, two analog gauges indicate the remaining capacity of the memory card and the battery.
Image Recording Format: The digital camera records still images in JPEG format. Uncompressed images can be recorded in RAW format and must be processed by the included Samsung RAW Converter software. Standard-definition movie clips (up to 20 minutes) are recorded in MPEG-4 (H.264) format with AAC audio.
Image Sensor: The Samsung TL350 digital camera is equipped with a 1/2.4" high-speed, Back Side Illuminated (BSI) CMOS image sensor, which doubles the sensitivity of standard CMOS sensors. It has 10.6 total megapixels, and an effective pixel count of approximately 10 megapixels for high-quality, low-noise images, regardless of the lighting conditions.
Image Size: The Samsung digital camera offers the following still image sizes and movie clip sizes. The camera can record JPEG and RAW still images in a 3:2, 4:3, 16:9 or 1:1 aspect ratio with three compression ratio settings (Super Fine, Fine, and Normal). Movie clips with stereo audio can be recorded in high definition at 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 at 30 fps with a 16:9 aspect ratio, or standard definition at 640 x 480 or 320 x 240 at 30 fps with a 4:3 aspect ratio. You can also shoot high-speed videos (1000 fps, 480 fps, or 240 fps), which will play back in slow motion at 30 fps. The number of images that can be recorded onto a 1 GB SD Memory Card is as follows:
|Photo Size||Aspect Ratio||JPEG||RAW||RAW + JPEG|
|Super Fine||Fine||Normal||RAW +
3648 x 2736
3648 x 2432
3264 x 2448
3648 x 2048
2736 x 2736
2592 x 1944
2048 x 1536
1920 x 1080
1024 x 768
Total Recording Time
|Movie Size||Aspect Ratio||Frame Rate||Recording Time (Min:Sec)|
|1920 x 1080 HQ||16:9||30 fps||6:28|
|1920 x 1080||16:9||30 fps||7:11|
|1280 x 720||16:9||30 fps||12:03|
|640 x 480||4:3||30 fps||26:15|
|320 x 240||4:3||30 fps||69:57|
|432 x 320||4:3||240 fps||8:20|
|224 x 160||4:3||480 fps||6:03|
|192 x 64||16:9||1000 fps||8:20|
Simultaneous Recording: You can capture up to six still images while recording a video without switching to the photo shooting mode. The captured still images have the same resolution as the video, however, when the video resolution is set to 1920 x 1080, the captured photos have the same resolution (up to 10MP) as a photo in the shooting mode. The still photos work as bookmarks to allow you to jump to that point in the video during playback.
Dual Image Stabilization: The TL350 combines Samsung's Optical Image Stabilization mechanism with the advanced algorithms of Digital Image Stabilization to give you sharp, clear images.
Focus Modes: The Samsung TL350 offers the following focus modes and focal ranges:
- Normal: 19.69" to infinity (W), 31.5" to infinity (T)
- Macro: 1.97" to 19.69" (W), 19.69" to 31.5" (T)
- Auto Macro: 1.97" to infinity (W), 19.69" to infinity (T)
- Manual Focus: 1.97" to infinity (W), 19.69" to infinity (T)
Focusing Area: You can select your preferred auto focus area:
- Center AF: the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be focused
- Multi AF: camera selects one or more of the 9 AF points
- Selection AF: focus on the area you select
- Tracking AF: focus on and track the subject
Face Detection: With the Face Detection feature, the camera detects faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes the brightness of the face for beautiful portrait pictures. The Face Detection feature detects up to 10 different faces, automatically adjusts focus and brightness, and also senses and removes red-eye. The camera offers the following Face Detection modes:
- Normal: This mode detects the face position of the subject automatically and the sets the focus and exposure.
- Smile Shot: The camera automatically takes a picture by detecting the face of the subject although you do not press the shutter button. If you press the Shutter button, the picture is taken in the normal way. When taking a picture with smile shot, showing teeth or keeping the smiley face of your subject helps detecting the smile face of the subject.
- Blink Detection: If the eyes of the subject are closed when the shutter button is pressed, the camera takes 2 continuous shots and then the images are saved. The camera takes only one picture if the eyes of the subject are open when the Shutter button is pressed.
Smart Face Recognition: The camera automatically registers faces you frequently photograph, and will prioritize the focus on those faces. Up to 8 faces can be saved as favorites. Once the faces are registered, you can rank them in order, or delete them to make room for others. These features are only available when you use a memory card.
Focus Lock: Use the camera's focus lock function to focus on a subject not positioned in the center of the picture.
Drive Modes: The camera offers the following drive modes to suit your shooting needs:
- Single: Takes a single photo.
- Interval: Takes a set number of photos at a set interval.
- Timer: Takes a photo in 10 seconds or 2 seconds as set.
- Bracketing: Takes a series of photos based on the
- PSS BKT: Takes 1 photo and creates 8 photos with different photo styles.
- WB BKT: Takes 3 photos with different white balance options.
- AE BKT: Takes 3 photos with selected exposures.
- Precapture: Takes a series of 8 photos when you press the shutter halfway down, and the last one after you press the shutter.
- High Speed Burst: You can capture up to 10 photos in one burst, at 10, 5, or 3 fps.
Recording Mode: The TL350 offers various recording modes to choose from to match your shooting preference, using the on-screen selector:
- Smart Auto: The camera automatically chooses the appropriate camera settings based on a detected type of scene. It will automatically select one of the 17 scene modes which best suits the environment you are shooting in.
- Program: Select this mode to manually configure all functions of the camera, except the aperture value and shutter speed.
- Aperture Priority: You can adjust the aperture value to control how much light reaches the lens when you capture a photo, while the camera sets the appropriate shutter speed for the scene.
- Shutter Priority: You can adjust the shutter speed to control how long the camera's shutter remains open when you capture a photo, while the camera sets the appropriate aperture value for the scene.
- Manual: You can manually set the aperture value and shutter speed.
- Dual IS: Take a photo with options suitable for reducing camera shake.
- Scene Modes: The TL350's various scenes modes automatically
configures the camera's optimal settings for a variety of shooting
- Panorama: Capture and combine a series of
photos to imitate a wide angle view. After pressing the shutter
button, you can pan horizontally or vertically to capture the full
- Panorama Action: You can capture multiple images of a moving subject in a panoramic scene.
- Night: Use this for shooting still images at night or in other dark conditions.
- Portrait: to take a picture of a person
- Children: to take a picture of fast moving objects, such as children
- Landscape: to take pictures of distant scenery
- Close Up: close-up shooting for small objects such as plants and insects
- Text: use this mode to shoot a document
- Sunset: for taking pictures of sunsets
- Dawn: daybreak scenes
- Backlight: portrait without shadows caused by backlight
- Fireworks: firework scenes
- Beach&Snow: for ocean, lake, beach, and snowscape scenes
- Beauty Shot: Takes a photo of a person with
options to hide facial imperfections. Two available options:
- Face Tone: this function allows you to control the skin tone in images that will be taken with beauty shot mode; the higher the level you select, the brighter the skin tone
- Face Retouch: this feature allow you to make skin appear clear and beautiful before recording in beauty shot mode, the higher the level select, the more effective the control
- Panorama: Capture and combine a series of photos to imitate a wide angle view. After pressing the shutter button, you can pan horizontally or vertically to capture the full scene.
- Movie Mode: A movie clip can be recorded (with or without sound) for as long as the available recording time of the memory capacity allows. The Smart Scene Detection mode automatically chooses the appropriate video setting based on the detected type of scene (landscapes, clear skies, forested areas, sunset).
Exposure Compensation: This camera automatically adjusts the exposure according the ambient light conditions. You can also select the exposure value from +2.0EV to -2.0EV in steps of 1/3EV.
Metering Mode: If you cannot obtain suitable exposure conditions, you can change the camera's metering method to take brighter pictures. You can choose from 3 modes:
- Multi: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. This is suitable for general use.
- Spot: Only the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be metered for light. This is suitable when the subject in the center is exposed correctly, regardless of the back lighting.
- Center Weighted: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. However, the calculation will be biased towards the center of the image area. This is suitable for taking a picture of small objects like a flower or insects.
Built-in Flash: The Samsung digital camera features a built-in flash with a variable range based on the auto focus mode. The flash has a range of 7.87" to 14.44' (W) and 31.5" to 5.91' (T). The intensity of the flash is adjustable to prevent under- or over-exposure. Depending upon battery conditions, the flash will recharge in approximately 4 seconds. You can choose from the following flash modes:
- Smart Auto: The camera selects a proper flash setting for the detected scene in the Smart Mode.
- Auto Flash: If the subject or background is dark, the camera flash will operate automatically.
- Red-Eye Fix: The flash fires when the subject or background is dark, and the camera corrects red eyes through its advanced software analysis.
- Fill In Flash: The flash fires regardless of the available light. The intensity of the flash will be automatically controlled to suit the prevailing condition.
- Slow Sync: The flash operates with a slow shutter speed to obtain a balanced correct exposure.
- Red-Eye Reduction: When a shot with "red-eye" is detected, this mode will reduce the red-eyed effect automatically.
- Flash Off: The flash does not fire.
White Balance: The white balance control allows you to adjust the colors to appear more natural. The camera has seven white balance modes.
- Auto WB: The camera automatically selects the appropriate white balance settings, depending on the prevailing lighting conditions.
- Daylight: For taking images outside.
- Cloudy: For taking images under a cloudy and overcast sky.
- Fluorescent H: For shooting under daylight fluorescent type of three-way fluorescent lighting.
- Fluorescent L: Shooting under white fluorescent lighting.
- Tungsten: For shooting under tungsten (standard light bulb) lighting.
- Custom Set: Allows you to set the white balance according to the shooting condition.
- Color Temperature: You can manually adjust the color temperature of the light source from 2,000 K to 10,000 K.
ISO Sensitivity: You can select the ISO sensitivity when taking pictures. The speed or specific light-sensitivity of a camera is rated by ISO numbers. A higher ISO setting allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. The camera features the following ISO settings: Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 and 3200.
Photo Style Selector: You can add various effects to an image you are about to record without using image editing software. You can choose from Normal, Sketch, Defog, Soft, Vivid, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Negative, or Custom RGB.
Image Adjust: You can adjust the Contrast, Sharpness, and Saturation of a recorded image.
Note: You cannot check the Image Adjustment effect on the camera's LCD monitor before you take a picture, because this function is applied only when the capture image is stored on the memory.
Voice Recording: You can make a stereo voice recording for as long as the available memory (up to 10 hours). A voice memo of up to 10 seconds can be recorded in a photo.
Quick View: If you enable the Quick View function before capturing an image, you can view the image you just captured on the camera's LCD monitor for the set duration of 0.5, 1, or 3 seconds.
Smart Album: Recorded content can be categorized by file type (picture, video, or voice), date, color, week, or face; allowing you to easily retrieve them on the camera when you want to view particular pictures.
Thumbnail Playback: You can view multiple pictures (9 or 20) on the LCD monitor at once.
Slide Show: Images can be displayed continuously, at intervals of 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds, with various slide-show effects on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offer pre-recorded background music to play along with your still image slide show.
Image Zoom: A single image can be zoomed in up to 11.4x (based on image size) for a closer look. Once the image is zoomed in, you can pan around to different areas of the image.
Movie Playback: You can playback a movie clip on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Scan backward (2x, 4x, 8x), and Scan Forward (2x, 4x, 8x). You can also adjust the volume level of the playback audio.
Copy To Card: This feature enables you to copy image files, movie clips, and voice recording files from the camera's internal memory to an inserted memory card.
Movie Clip Capture: You can capture still images from a recorded movie clip. The captured movie clip file will be saved as the same size as the original movie clip.
Edit: The Samsung TL350 digital camera offers various editing features so you can manipulate your pictures right from the camera once they have been recorded.
- Resize: You can change the resolution (size) of a pictures taken to a smaller size.
- Image Rotation: You can rotate and image 360-degrees in 90-degree increments.
- Photo Style Selector: It is possible to add various effects to your recorded images, such as Normal, Soft, Vivid, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Negative, and Custom RGB.
- Smart Filter: You can apply various filter effects to create unique images, such as miniature, vignetting, and a fish-eye effect.
- Image Adjust: You can adjust the following elements of
a recorded image:
- Red-Eye Fix: The red-eye effect can be removed from a captured image.
- Face Retouch: You can make the skin in a recorded image appear more clear and beautiful.
- Add Noise Effect: You can add noise to a recorded image to add an more classic feel to your photo.
Protecting Images: This is used to protect specific shots from being accidentally erased.
Exif Print (Exif 2.21): The TL350 conforms to "Exif Print," a worldwide standard. Vital camera settings (such as: exposure mode, white balance, exposure time) and scene data are recorded to the image file when it is captured. Printers compatible with "Exif Print" are able to use this information to produce high quality photographs, exactly the way they were intended at the time of capture. This intelligent communication process also allows the printer to correct for poor lighting or mistakes, resulting in photos that can be even better than the originals.
DPOF (1.1) Transfer Order: You can use the camera to specify settings for images that you wish to download to a computer. The settings used on the camera comply with the Digital Print Order Format (DPOF) standards.
PictBridge (1.0) Printing Capability: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a new standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
AV/USB Proprietary Output: The Samsung TL350 features a single proprietary port which allows you to connect the camera to your computer via the included USB type-A cable. To connect the camera to a TV, you'll need the optional A/V cable (AD39-00146A). The video output can be set to NTSC or PAL. This proprietary output along with the supplied USB cable can be used to recharge the battery (in the camera) using the supplied AC adapter.
HDMI: The TL350 has a micro-HDMI (Type D) output (also called HDMI 1.4), which will allow you to connect the camera to an HDMI-equipped HDTV for viewing videos or photos in high definition. An optional micro-HDMI to HDMI cable, such as the AD39-00179A from Samsung, is required.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: The Samsung TL350 comes supplied with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (SLB-11A) which provides up to 220 still image shots or 110 minutes of movie recording. The supplied AC adapter and USB cable charges the Lithium-Ion battery in approximately 190 minutes.
Auto Power Off: This function switches the camera off after a set amount of time (of no operation) in order to prevent unnecessary battery drainage. The camera can be set to turn off after 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes of no operation.
Supplied Software: The Samsung TL350 comes with built-in Intelli-Studio software, plus a CD-ROM with Samsung RAW Converter, Adobe Reader, and the full User Manual. Intelli-Studio is compatible only with Windows operating systems. It does not work with Macintosh computers. The minimum requirements for loading Intelli-Studio are:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Dual 1.66 GHz or higher or AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 2.2 GHz or higher
- RAM: Minimum 512 MB (1 GB and above recommended)
- Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Vista, 7
- Hard Disc Drive: 250 MB or more (1 GB or more recommended)
- CD-ROM drive
- nVIDIA Geforce 7600GT or higher/ATI X1600 series or higher
- 1024 x 768 pixels, 16-bit color display compatible monitor (1280 x 1024 pixels, 32-bit display recommended)
- USB 2.0 port, Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
Samsung RAW Converter: The Samsung RAW Converter program transforms photos recorded as RAW files into JPEG or TIFF images. The program calibrate exposures, white balances, tones, contrasts, and colors of photos. The software supplied on the CD-ROM is compatible only with Windows XP and Vista. You can download the program for Macintosh from the Samsung website.
Mass Storage Device: You can use the camera as a Mass Storage Device and download images to your computer if the computer is using one of the following operating systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Mac OS 10.4 or later
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.