Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Add audio from any source to your multi-room Shape system
Samsung's Shape multi-room music system makes it easy to play network and online music throughout your home. But what about music from sources like CD players, streaming media boxes, or turntables? To play tunes from those devices across multiple Shape speakers, you need Samsung's WAM270 Link Mate.
The Link Mate features digital and analog inputs, so you can connect a CD player, turntable, TV, or other component. Then, with the separate Samsung WAM250 Hub, you can send your tunes to optional M5 or M7 Shape speakers throughout your house. The Link Mate also has digital and analog outputs, so you can connect it to your receiver, amplifier, DAC, or powered speakers for playback locally.
Built-in Wi-Fi® for wireless music streaming
The Link Mate easily connects to your home network with built-in Wi-Fi. This connection allows you to use your smartphone or tablet to control the player wirelessly. Download the free Samsung Wireless Audio Multiroom app to your Apple® or Android™ device. Then you can control the player's volume and other settings. Plus, you can stream tunes stored on your device or networked computer, as well as free Internet radio stations. There's also access to online services like Pandora® and Rhapsody® for even more listening choices.
Bluetooth® on-board, too
Built-in Bluetooth makes it easy for visitors to stream music from their smartphone without joining your wireless network. Plus, it allows you to connect your compatible Samsung TV wirelessly to the WAM270 Link Mate, so you don't have to run an extra optical cable.
- allows playback from audio components through your Samsung Shape wireless multi-room speaker system
- requires Shape WAM250 Hub for playback through optional Samsung Shape speakers
- dual band Wi-Fi for stable connection to your wireless home network
- built-in Bluetooth with NFC (Near Field Communication)
- wirelessly stream audio from compatible Samsung Smart TVs via TV SoundConnect
- Samsung's free Wireless Audio Multiroom app for Apple and Android devices lets you control the player and play music stored on your device, from Internet radio stations, and online services like Amazon Music, Pandora, and Rhapsody
- DLNA-certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- top-panel controls for Internet radio, volume and muting
- analog stereo RCA inputs/outputs
- optical and coaxial digital audio inputs/outputs
- compatible with the following digital audio formats: MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, WMA, OGG
- supports high-resolution playback of FLAC and WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- Dolby® Digital decoding for TV audio playback
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your network
- 6-3/4"W x 3-3/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- weight: 2.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires external powered speakers or speakers and receiver/amplifier for playback
Samsung WAM270 Link Mate Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great headphone solution
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I was looking for a solution to having headphones with my top of the line Samsung Plasma, which only has a digital audio output jack that is already hooked up to a Boston Acoustics soundbar (which doesn't have a headphone jack). In the interest of marital harmony, I searched high and low for a clean way to have headphones. A Digital Audio Converter wouldn't be great as I'd have to resolve how to still have the Soundbar connected, plus that would involve how to power it, and then how to have a headphone cable run across the room from the TV. I had received a Samsung Multiroom speaker when I bought my plasma. This is an alternative system to Sonos and other multiform speaker setups. Since I had purchased a couple more Samsung Multiform speakers I thought perhaps the LinkMate could solve my headphone problem too. And it does. I put the Linkmate next to my favorite TV watching chair, used an RCA to headphone adapter and plugged in my wife's trusty Bose Headphones. Worked out of the box like a charm! Problem solved. The only reason I don't give it five stars is it's pretty expensive. But overall it is a good solution that simply works, plus makes cord management simple.
Pros: If you have the Samsung Multiroom system already, as I did, then it is great cause it just works out of the box - didn't even need to read the documentation. Since it is wireless it can be located where you want it.
Cons: Have to have the Samsung Multiform system (you need the Hub really). Pretty pricey. Really should only cost around $99 for what it does.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This product works great.
Pros: Quick connection to all units
Cons: Sometimes the connection drops. We like how easy-to-use this product.
What's in the box?
- Wireless audio system adapter
- 5' AC power cord
- 30" Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Getting Started Booklet
Wireless Audio Adapter: Part of Samsung's Shape Wireless Multiroom Audio System, the Link Mate (WAM270) allows you to connect your existing audio system and equipment to your wireless network audio system for a multiroom audio experience. The Link Mate provides wireless and wired network connectivity, built-in Bluetooth, plus analog and digital inputs to connect your music sources. It features analog and digital outputs to connect to your powered speakers or home stereo and speakers. The Link Make can be setup and controlled from Samsung's free Wireless Multi-Room app on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Samsung Link Mate offers a wired (Ethernet) and wireless (WiFi) network connection which allows you to stream a variety of Internet radio stations, select online music service, and music stored on your smartphone/tablet device or computer/laptop. To access these network sources, you must download the Samsung Wireless Multi-Room App onto your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Internet Radio + Online Music Services: From the Samsung Wireless Multi-Room App on your compatible smartphone/tablet device, you'll be able to access over a 1,000 Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and select online music services; like Pandora, iHeartRadio, Spotify, rdio, Rhapsody, and Amazon Cloud Player.
- Stored Music Libraries: Also from the Samsung Wireless Multi-Room App, you'll be able to stream stored music on your Windows or Mac computer and other DLNA-compliant network storage devices to the Samsung Link Mate. In addition, you can stream music stored on your compatible iOS or Android device to the Link Mate system. The Link Mate supports WAV, MP3 (up to 320kbps), WMA, OGG, Flac (up to 44.1kHz/16-bit), and AAC music files.
Wireless Multi-Room App: Using Samsung's Wireless Multi-Room app, the WAM250 wireless audio hub (sold separately), and multiple Samsung Shape wireless devices (sold separately), you can create a wireless multi-room audio system which can be controlled from your smartphone or tablet device. Or, you can simply use the app on your smartphone or tablet to control the one Link Mate wireless device. Simply download Samsung's free Wireless Multi-Room app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store onto your Apple iOS device (5.0+) or Android smartphone/tables (2.3.3+). The Samsung Wireless Multi-Room app lets you connect, group, and control each of your Samsung Shape components.
- Variety of Sources: You'll be able to stream Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio, select music apps (like Pandora/iHeart/Spotify/etc.), and music stored on your smartphone/tablet or laptop/computer connected to the same wireless home network as the WAM250 Hub (sold separately) and the Link Mate. You can set presets of your favorite Internet radio stations and online music channels. You can also search your device's stored music by Song, Album, Artist, or Genre. You are even able to create and edit Playlists.
- Zone & Party Modes: With the app, you can play one song in one room, different songs from different sources in each room, one song across all Shape devices, or any combination that fits your mood. Multi-source/multi-room audio can only be done with music from the Internet or your home network, not Bluetooth or TV SoundConnect.
TV SoundConnect: You can listen to the sound from your Samsung TV through the Link Mate and a connected powered speaker or home stereo by using its wireless TV SoundConnect function. You can pair the Link Mate via Bluetooth to your compatible Samsung TV. The TV SoundConnect function is only supported by select 2013-up Samsung TVs (6500 series and up)
Bluetooth Technology: The Samsung Link Mate offers built-in Bluetooth (ver. 3.0) technology for wireless audio streaming from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device and offers a simple pairing procedure.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Link Mate supports Bluetooth A2DP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, or laptop/computer. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled device to the Link Mate and your connected home audio system. You will continue to navigate your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Simple Pairing w/ NFC: A single button press pairs your Bluetooth-enabled device with the Samsung Link Mate. The unit also supports NFC (Near-Field Communication) technology for pairing. Simply tap your NFC-enabled Android smartphone to the NFC tag on the top of the Link Mate for instant pairing with the Shape M5; NFC is only available in select Android smartphones. Once paired, the Link Mate will automatically re-connect to the last device used when in wireless range (33').
Analog & Digital Inputs: In addition to Bluetooth and Network connectivity, the Link provides analog and digital inputs. There is a stereo analog input, optical digital input, and coaxial digital input to connect your CD player, Tuner, or Network player.
Analog & Digital Outputs: The Samsung Link Mate features a stereo analog output, optical digital output, and coaxial digital output for connection to your powered speaker or stereo receiver and speakers.
AC Power w/ Auto Standby: The Samsung Link Mate operates off of standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter. The Link Mate switches to the standby mode if there is no music playback or no button operation (either from the top-panel or from the app) for approximately 15 minutes in Bluetooth or Network mode (Aux mode is 8 hrs).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.