Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Zoom in and frame photos perfectly with the viewscreen on the Samsung WB1100.
Zoom way in
The Samsung WB1100 has serious zoom. Get 35X closer to your subject with the camera's long-range lens, and let the 16.2-megapixel CMOS image sensor go to work. You'll capture sharp, detailed images with vibrant colors, even when your subject is far away. When you're zoomed out that far, you'll be thankful for the optical and digital image stabilization built into the camera body; it'll keep your photos rock-steady, even when the lens is fully extended. Even when you're zoomed in, you'll get the big picture, with a 22.3mm ultra wide-angle lens that lets you get everything into the shot.
Get a little help with smart modes
Smart Auto automatically analyzes the shooting environment and then chooses the appropriate scene mode for the best possible results. Smart Auto analyzes key elements in the composition and automatically adjusts to capture the best shot. Smart Filter lens effects add an artistic feel to your still shots and video, from the Miniature filter's miniaturized look, to the old-timey Retro look and dozens of others.
Share easily with Wi-Fi and NFC
Samsung Photo Beam lets you send photos to any NFC-compatible smartphone. Just touch the camera to the device to automatically share the image you're viewing. You can also select and send photos or albums directly to a smartphone or tablet with Samsung Mobile Link. Use Group Share to send images to up to four people simultaneously. Samsung has built in wireless technology that gives you so many ways to share your masterpieces.
- 16.2-megapixel effective recording backlit CMOS sensor
- 35X optical zoom lens
- Wi-Fi connectivity and NFC pairing for easy photo sharing
- records photos and video onto optional SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards
- 35mm equivalent lens focal length: 25-875mm
- optical image stabilization minimizes blur from shaky hands
- 3" LCD screen (460,000-dot)
- high-definition movie mode (up to 1080p resolution)
- panorama mode captures 360-degree views
- selectable ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 80-3200
- in-camera editing and creative filters
- red-eye reduction and retouch
- pop-up flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- mini HDMI output for connecting to an HDTV (cable not included)
- high-speed USB interface
- 4-15/16"W x 3-7/16"H x 3-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- weight: 1.01 lbs.
- rechargeable lithium ion battery and AC charging adapter
- USB cable
- lens cap and string
Today's point-and-shoot cameras make great pictures easier than ever
From baby's first steps, to that dream vacation in the islands, these cameras make it easy to capture life's greatest hits. Today's cameras have helpful automatic features, like face detection and scene recognition that make shooting more foolproof than ever. And they all have plenty of megapixels for detailed photos that stay sharp, even when you enlarge and print them.
Samsung WB1100 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great camera value
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This camera is easy, fun and very adaptable. You can literally charge it and start taking quality pictures with little to no setup
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great camera and unbelievable value
What's in the box?
- Digital camera (red)
- SLB-10A Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7V 1030mAh 3.81Wh)
- AD5055 AC adapter (DC output: 5V 550mA)
- 20" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and a Micro USB on the other end)
- Lens cap with string
- Neck strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Product Registration Card
- Warranty sheet
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3.0|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||25-875mm|
|Effective Megapixel Count||16.2|
|Image Stabilization||Optical + Digital|
|Highest Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|HD Video Recording||1280 x 720|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||17.07|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
LCD Monitor: The Samsung WB1100F digital camera features a 3.0" color TFT LCD monitor with 460,000 dots. The LCD monitor's brightness can be adjusted to Normal, Bright, Dark, or Auto. The LCD monitor can be set to automatically turn off if the camera is not operated for approximately 30 seconds. There is no separate viewfinder on the camera.
Recording Media: The Samsung WB1100F digital camera can record still images and video onto optional SD cards up to 2 GB, SDHC cards up to 32 GB, and SDXC cards up to 64 GB. No memory is included with the camera, so you must obtain an SD, SDHC, or SDXC card before shooting.
Image Recording Format: The digital camera records still images in JPEG format with three photo quality options: Super Fine, Fine, and Normal. High-definition and standard-definition movie clips with stereo audio are recorded in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format with AAC audio.
Image Sensor: The Samsung WB1100F digital camera is equipped with a 1/2.3" CCD image sensor with a total pixel count of approximately 16.5 MP and an effective pixel count of approximately 16.2 MP for high-quality still images and video.
Image Size: The Samsung digital camera offers nine still image sizes and four movie clip sizes. The camera can record JPEG still images in 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, or 1:1 aspect ratios, while movie clips are recorded in 16:9 and 4:3. The available image sizes include:
- Still Images:
- 16M: 4608 x 3456 (4:3)
- 14M: 4608 x 3072 (3:2)
- 12M: 4608 x 2592 (16:9)
- 10M: 3648 x 2736 (4:3)
- 8M: 2832 x 2832 (1:1)
- 5M: 2592 x 1944 (4:3)
- 3M: 1984 x 1488 (4:3)
- 2M: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)
- 1M: 1024 x 768 (4:3)
- HD: 1280 x 720 (16:9)
- VGA: 640 x 480 (4:3)
- QVGA: 320 x 240 (4:3)
- 240 Share: 320 x 240 (30 seconds max)
Samsung Lens: The WB1100F digital camera features a 35x optical zoom Samsung lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 25 to 875mm (actual focal length is 4.5-157.5mm). The F-stop range is F3.0 (W) to F5.9 (T).
Intelli Zoom/Digital Zoom: When shooting photos in 4:3 aspect ratio, the WB1100F offers Intelli Zoom to help you capture close-up photos (up to 70x) with less picture deterioration than with Digital Zoom. The picture resolution is reduced according to the zoom rate when using Intelli Zoom. When recording in other aspect ratios, Intelli Zoom is turned off, and digital zoom is used for zooming in beyond the 35x optical range, up to 70x.
Image Stabilization: The WB1100F offers Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) to reduce the effect of camera shake and help you get a well-exposed image in dim conditions. For stronger image stabilization, you can activate Dual Image Stabilization (Dual IS) to add Digital Image Stabilization to the OIS.
Wi-Fi: The WB1100F has built-in Wi-Fi that allows you to wirelessly connect the camera to a smartphone via a wireless LAN. Using the free downloadable Smart Camera app, you can automatically save your photos and videos to your smartphone (AutoShare), send photos and videos to a smartphone (MobileLink), or use your smartphone as a remote shutter release (Remote Viewfinder). In addition, you can send photos and videos via email or file sharing services. The Smart Camera app is compatible with Android phones running 3.0 and up, as well as iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 6.1 or later. Android phones with NFC (Near-Field Communication) can link to the camera and perform some operations by simply touching the NFC logo on the left side of the camera.
Focus Modes: The Samsung WB1100F offers four auto focus modes and one manual focus mode with the following focusing ranges:
|Focus Mode||Wide Angle||Telephoto|
|Normal||31" to infinity||59" to infinity|
|Macro||4" to 31"||59" to 138"|
|Auto Macro||0.4" to infinity||59" to infinity|
|Super Macro||0.4" to 4"||N/A|
Auto Focus Type: You can also select your preferred auto focus area
- Center AF: the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be focused
- Multi AF: camera selects all of the available 9 AF points
- Select AF: focuses on the area you specifically select
- Tracking AF: focus moves along with the movements of a subject
Face Detection: With the Face Detection feature, the camera detects faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes the brightness of the face for beautiful portrait pictures. The Face Detection feature detects up to 10 different faces, automatically adjusts focus and brightness, and also senses and removes red-eye. With the Smile Shot option, the camera automatically takes a photo when a smiling face is detected. When Blink Detection is selected, the camera will take a second photo immediately when the camera detects that the subject's eyes are closed.
Focus Lock: Use the camera's focus lock function to focus on a subject not positioned in the center of the picture.
Drive Modes: The camera offers 4 drive modes to suit your shooting needs:
- Single: Takes one picture only.
- Continuous: Images will be taken continuously as long as the shutter release button is pressed. (Frame rate not given.) The maximum number of photos depends upon the capacity of the memory card.
- Motion Capture: The camera will capture up to 30 photos at 5 photos per second. The image size is fixed at 640 x 480 (VGA).
- AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing): Takes three pictures in a series, each with a different exposure (normal exposure, under-exposed, over-exposed). Use this mode if it is hard to decide the exposure of the subject.
Self-Timer: The Samsung WB1100F also has a 10-second self-timer mode, which can allow the photographer to take self-portraits or be included in group shots. It also helps prevent camera shake when fully zoomed in.
Recording Mode: The Samsung WB1100F digital camera offers various recording modes to choose from to match your shooting preference. Using the top-mounted Mode Dial, you can select from the following modes:
- Smart Auto Mode: The camera automatically chooses the appropriate camera settings based on a detected type of scene. Scene modes include: Portrait, Night Portrait, Night, Backlight Portraits, Backlight, Landscapes, White, Macro, Macro Text, Tripod, Action, Macro Color, Natural Green, Blue Sky, Sunset, Low Light, Spot Light, Spot Light Macro, and Spot Light Portrait.
- Program Mode: You can manually configure all functions of the camera, except the aperture value and shutter speed, which is set by the camera.
- Smart Mode: You can capture a photo with options that are preset for a specific scene: Beauty Face, Action Freeze, Sunset, Landscape, Silhouette, Fireworks, Night, Macro, and Light Trace.
- Panorama: You can create a wide panoramic scene in a single photo by capturing and combining a series of photos.
- Magic Plus: Capture a photo or video with various effects. Photo Filter Mode includes Miniature, Vignetting, Fish-eye, Classic, Retro, and Cross Filter. Movie Filter Mode includes Miniature, Vignetting, Fish-eye, Classic, Retro, and Palette Effects 1-4.
- Settings: Adjust settings to match your preferences.
- Movie: A movie clip can be recorded (with or without sound). You can also start recording a movie by pushing the dedicated (red) movie button without rotating the Mode Dial to Movie.
- Wi-Fi: The camera connects to a smartphone via a WLAN to remotely control the camera, and to wirelessly transfer recorded photos and videos.
Exposure Compensation: This camera automatically adjusts the exposure according the ambient light conditions. You can also select the exposure value from +2.0EV to -2.0EV in steps of 1/3EV.
Metering Mode: If you cannot obtain suitable exposure conditions, you can change the camera's metering method to take brighter pictures. You can choose from 3 modes:
- Multi: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. This is suitable for general use.
- Spot: Only the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor will be metered for light. This is suitable when the subject in the center is exposed correctly, regardless of the back lighting.
- Center-Weighted: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the available light in the image area. However, the calculation will be biased towards the center of the image area. This is suitable for taking a picture of small objects like a flower or insects.
Built-in Pop-up Flash: The camera features a built-in pop-up flash with a range of 2' 7"-19' 8" (W) and 4' 11"-9' 10" (T). It recharges in approximately 5 seconds. You can choose from the following flash modes: Auto, Red-eye, Fill-in, Slow Sync, and Red-eye Fix.
White Balance: The white balance control allows you to adjust the colors to appear more natural. The camera has seven white balance modes: Auto WB, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent H, Fluorescent L, Tungsten, Custom Set, and Color Temp.
ISO Sensitivity: You can select the ISO sensitivity when taking pictures. A higher ISO setting allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. The camera features the following ISO settings - Auto, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600, ISO 3200, and ISO 6400.
Thumbnail Playback: You can view multiple pictures (up to 12 or 24) on the LCD monitor at once.
Slide Show: Images can be displayed continuously at selectable intervals of 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers 5 screen effects, and pre-recorded background music clips to play along with your still image slide show.
Image Zoom: A single image can be zoomed in up to 14.4x for a closer look. Once the image is zoomed in, you can pan around to view different areas of the image.
Image Editing: Still images can be edited and saved as new files. Editing options include:
- Resize: Resize large image files to smaller sizes for emailing or posting to websites
- Rotate: You can rotate images to their proper orientation
- Smart Filter: Apply special effects to the photos, such as Miniature, Vignetting, Cross Filter, Fish-eye, Classic, and Retro
- Adjust Settings: You can adjust brightness, contrast, or color saturation, plus retouch faces and remove red-eye.
Movie Playback: You can playback a movie clip on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offers basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Scan backward (up to 8x), and Scan Forward (up to 8x). Movies can be trimmed to remove unwanted footage, and still images can be captured from the video.
Movie Clip Capture: You can capture still images from a recorded movie clip. The captured movie clip file will be saved as the same size as the original movie clip (1280 x 720, 640 x 480, or 320 x 240).
Deleting/Protecting Images: Images can be deleted one at a time, in a pre-selected group, or all at once. Images can be protected from being accidentally erased.
AV/USB Output: The Samsung WB1100F features a Micro USB port which allows you to connect the camera to your computer via the included USB cable. You can also recharge the camera's battery using the supplied USB cable and AC adapter. With an optional AV cable you can connect the camera to a TV. The Samsung WB1100F's video output can be set to NTSC or PAL.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: The Samsung WB1100F comes supplied with the SLB-10A rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery which provides up to 200 still image shots, 100 minutes of still image recording or 70 minutes of movie recording. The supplied AC adapter and USB cable charges the Lithium-Ion battery in approximately 240 minutes.
Auto Power Off: This function switches the camera off after a set amount of time (of no operation) in order to prevent unnecessary battery drainage. The camera can be set to turn off after 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes of no operation.
Built-in Software: The Samsung WB1100F comes with built-in i-Launcher software, which can be loaded to your Windows computer when you connect the camera via USB. i-Launcher includes the Multimedia Viewer program for viewing still image and movie files in multiple formats. i-Launcher is compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 7, as well as Mac OS X 10.5 and later.
Transferring Files: You can connect the camera to Windows and Mac OS computers as a removable disk for transferring files. The camera is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, as well as Mac OS 10.5 or higher (except Power PC).
Our Product Research Team
1 question already asked
It is very easy to carry around as its not as big as a DSLR. It's slightly bigger than a point and shoot so you have the feeling of using "a camera". The settings are intuitive and not hard to figure out at all, since I am not one for reading instruction manuals much. It does have some nice features that makes it a nice step up from a point and shoot. [ FAITH Nov 21, 2014 ]
like it. easy to use a little on the large size but pleanty features. [ JAMES Nov 16, 2014 ]