Playback and Edit Features
3" LCD Touch Screen Display: The Samsung WB350F digital camera features a
3" color TFT LCD touch screen display with 460,000 dots. The monitor's brightness can be set
to Normal, Dark, Bright, or Auto. The touch-sensitive screen lets you drag the
menu options up and down and touch to make a selection. You can also select your
subject and adjust the focus by touch as well.
Recording Media: The Samsung WB350F digital camera can record still images
and video onto microSD cards (up to 2 GB), microSDHC cards (up to 32 GB), or
microSDXC cards (up to 64 GB). Class 6 cards and above are recommended. You can
also temporarily store images on the built-in 9.5 MB memory.
Built-in Wi-Fi: The WB350F has built-in Wi-Fi, which lets
you instantly share your photos wirelessly from your home network or a public
Wi-Fi hotspot. You can also send photos or videos to your smartphone, or control
the camera remotely with your smartphone. For more
details, see the section on Built-in Wi-Fi below.
Image Sensor: The Samsung WB350F digital camera is equipped with a
1/2.3" BSI CMOS image sensor with a total pixel count of approximately 16.7 megapixels
and an effective pixel count of approximately 16.3 megapixels for
high quality still images and video.
Image Recording Format: The digital camera records still
images in JPEG format. High Definition movies are recorded at 30 fps in MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) format with AAC audio.
Image Sizes: The camera can record JPEG still images in a
4:3, 16:9, 3:2, or 1:1 aspect ratios with three compression ratio settings (Super
Fine, Fine, and Normal). HD and SD movies can be recorded in MPEG-4 (H.264) up
to 20 minutes in length. The camera offers the following still image and movie
||4608 x 3456
||4608 x 3072
||4608 x 2592
||3648 x 2736
||2832 x 2832
||2592 x 1944
||1984 x 1488
||1920 x 1080
||1024 x 768
||1920 x 1080
||1280 x 720
||640 x 480
||320 x 240
Lens: The WB350F digital camera features a 21x optical zoom
lens with a focal length of 4.1 to 86.1 mm (35mm equivalent is 23-483mm). The
f-stop range is f/2.8 (W) - 5.9 (T).
Digital Zoom: In addition to the 21x optical zoom, the camera provides a
digital zoom for a total zoom of 105x for still picture shooting.
Intelli Zoom: When shooting at 4:3 up to 10MP, you can use
the Intelli Zoom of 2.0x to magnify your image with little or no deterioration
of the image quality.
Focus Modes: The Samsung WB350F offers the following
focus modes and the focusing range:
- Normal: 31" to infinity (W), 138" to infinity (T)
- Macro: 4" to 31" (W), 59" to
- Auto Macro: 4" to infinity (W), 59" to infinity (T)
- Manual Focus: 4" to infinity (W), 59" to infinity (T)
Focusing Area: You can select your preferred auto focus
- Center AF: the rectangular area in the center of the
LCD monitor will be focused
- Multi AF: camera selects one or more of the 9 AF points
- Tracking AF: you can focus on your subject and track them as they
move within the frame.
Face Detection: With the Face Detection feature, the camera detects
faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes the brightness of
the face for beautiful portrait pictures. The Face Detection feature
detects up to 10 different faces, automatically adjusts focus and brightness,
and also senses and removes red-eye. The camera offers the following Face
- Normal: This mode detects the face position of the subject
automatically and the sets the focus and exposure.
- Self Portrait: You can capture photos of yourself in
this mode. The camera sets the focus distance to close-up, and emits a beep
when ready to shoot.
- Smile Shot: The camera automatically takes a picture by
detecting the face of the subject without pressing the shutter
Focus Lock: Use the camera's focus lock function to focus on a subject
not positioned in the center of the picture.
Drive Modes: The camera offers several drive modes to suit your
- Single: Takes one picture only.
- Continuous High: Images will be taken continuously
while the shutter button is held down. Up to 6 photos can be taken at 7.1
photos per second.
- Continuous Normal: Capture 6 photos at a rate of 3
photos per second.
- AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing): Takes three pictures in a series
in different exposures - standard exposure, under exposure,
and over exposure.
- 10 Sec Self-Timer: Pressing the shutter button will allows a
delay of 10 seconds before the image is taken. Good for self-portraits.
- 2 Sec Self-Timer: Pressing the shutter button will
allows a delay of 2 seconds before the image is taken. Good for preventing
Recording Mode: The WB350F offers various recording modes to
choose from to match your shooting preferences. Using the top-mounted Mode Dial,
you can select the following:
- Smart Auto: The camera automatically chooses the
appropriate camera settings based on a detected type of scene: Portrait,
Night Portrait, Backlight Portrait, Night, Backlight, Landscape, White,
Natural Green, Blue Sky, Sunset, Macro, Macro Text, Macro Color, Tripod,
Action, Fireworks, Low Light, Spotlight, Spotlight (Macro), and Spotlight
- Program: Select this mode to manual configure all functions
of the camera, except the aperture value and shutter speed.
- A/S/M: Select one of the following:
- Aperture Priority: The camera selects a shutter speed
based on the aperture value you have set manually.
- Shutter Priority: The camera selects an aperture value
based on the shutter speed you have set manually.
- Manual: Adjust various camera settings including
shutter speed and aperture value.
- Smart Mode: Capture a photo with options preset for a
specific scene: Beauty Face, Continuous Shot, Landscape, Macro, Action
Freeze, Rich Tone, Panorama, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Low Light Shot,
Light Trace, and Fireworks.
- Best Face: Lets you capture multiple photos and replace faces to
create the best possible image for each individual in a group photo.
- Magic Plus: You can capture a photo with various effects: My
Magic Frame, Motion Photo, Photo Filter, Effect Artist, and Color Brush.
- Settings: You can change the settings in 4 categories: Sound,
Display, Connectivity, or General.
- Wi-Fi: Lets you set the following Wi-Fi features: MobileLink,
Remote Viewfinder, Baby Monitor, Auto Backup, Email, SNS & Cloud, and
Exposure Compensation: This camera automatically adjusts the exposure
according the ambient light conditions. You can also select the exposure value
from +2.0EV to -2.0EV in steps of 1/3EV.
Metering Mode: If you cannot obtain suitable exposure conditions, you
can change the camera's metering method to take brighter pictures. You can choose
from 3 modes:
- Multi: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the
available light in the image area. This is suitable for general use.
- Spot: Only the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor
will be metered for light. This is suitable when the subject in the center
is exposed correctly, regardless of the back lighting.
- Center Weighted: Exposure will be calculated based on an average
of the available light in the image area. However, the calculation will be
biased towards the center of the image area. This is suitable for taking a
picture of small objects like a flower or insects.
Built-in Flash: The Samsung digital camera features a built-in
with a variable range based on the auto focus mode. The flash has a range of
11.81" to 13.45' (W) and 19.69" to 9.51' (T). You can choose from the
following flash modes:
- Auto Flash: If the subject or background is dark, the camera
flash will operate automatically.
- Fill In Flash: The flash fires regardless of the available light.
The intensity of the flash will be automatically controlled to suit the
- Slow Sync: The flash operates with a slow shutter speed to
obtain a balanced correct exposure.
- Red-Eye Reduction: The flash fires when the subject
or background is dark. When a shot with "red-eye" is detected, this mode
will reduce the red-eyed effect automatically.
- Red-Eye Fix: The flash fires when the subject or
background is dark, and the camera corrects red eyes through its advanced
- Flash Off: The flash does not fire.
White Balance: The white balance control allows you to adjust the
colors to appear more natural. The camera has seven white balance modes.
- Auto WB: The camera automatically selects the appropriate white
balance settings, depending on the prevailing lighting conditions.
- Daylight: For taking images outside.
- Cloudy: For taking images under a cloudy and overcast sky.
- Fluorescent H: For shooting under daylight fluorescent type of
three-way fluorescent lighting.
- Fluorescent L: Shooting under white fluorescent lighting.
- Tungsten: For shooting under tungsten (standard light bulb)
- Color Temp: Allows you to adjust the color temp between
3000 K and 10000 K.
- Custom Set: Allows you to set the white balance according to the
ISO Sensitivity: You can select the ISO
sensitivity when taking pictures. The speed or specific light-sensitivity of a
camera is rated by ISO numbers. A higher ISO setting allows for faster
shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need
for a flash. The camera features the following ISO settings - Auto, 80, 100,
200, 400, 800, 1600, and 3200.
Wi-Fi: The Samsung WB350F has built-in Wi-Fi to let you
connect the camera to a smartphone or PC via a WLAN. Once connected, you can
transfer and save photos and videos to your smartphone, monitor another room,
remotely operate the camera via smartphone, and share photos with others via
email or social networks services.
Samsung Smart Camera App: Using the free downloadable Smart Camera
app, you can perform several functions wirelessly. The Smart Camera app is
compatible with Android phones running 3.0 and up, as well as iPhone, iPad, and
iPod touch running iOS 6.1 or later.
NFC (Near-Field Communication): You can wirelessly connect
NFC-compatible Android phones to the camera by simply placing the phone near the
camera's NFC logo (on the left side). This allows you to instantly save photos
to the smartphone or launch the remote shutter feature.
Wi-Fi Functions: When connected via Wi-Fi, you can perform the
- AutoShare: The AutoShare feature automatically saves photos taken
with the camera to your smartphone. Videos are only saved to the camera.
- MobileLink: MobileLink lets you select recorded photos or videos
on the camera and wirelessly send them to your smartphone.
- Remote Viewfinder: The Remote Viewfinder lets you use the
smartphone as a remote shutter release to shoot photos. The captured photos
will display on the smartphone. Using your smartphone, you can select the
photo size, flash option, timer options, determine the saving location, and
zoom in or out.
- Baby Monitor: The Baby Monitor feature allows you to view live
video from a remote location to monitor a room. For smartphones that support
WVGA (800 x 480) or higher resolution, you can wirelessly view the video
stream. You can also stop the video stream and monitor the audio in the
room. If the camera detects a noise, an alarm will notify you on the smart
phone. The Baby Monitor feature requires installing the Samsung Home Monitor
app on your smartphone, available for Android OS or iOS devices.
- Auto Backup: You can send photos or videos that you have recorded
with the camera to a PC wirelessly. The PC must have the i-Launcher program
installed, and be connected to the WLAN.
- Email/File Sharing: You can send recorded photos and videos to
others via email or file-sharing services, such as Facebook, Picasa,
YouTube, and Dropbox. You can also upload it to Samsung Link online storage
Direct Link Button: Using the dedicated Direct Link button
on the top of the camera, you can turn on the Wi-Fi and launch the Wi-Fi
function that you have designated with a single button press. You can designate
any of the above Wi-Fi functions to the Direct Link button.
Playback and Edit Features
Quick View: If you enable the Quick View function before capturing an
image, you can view the image you just captured on the camera's LCD monitor.
Thumbnail Playback: You can view multiple pictures (12 or 24) on the
LCD monitor at once.
Slide Show: Images can be displayed continuously, at intervals
of 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds,
with various slide-show effects
on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offer pre-recorded background music to
play along with your still image slide show.
Image Zoom: A single image can be zoomed in up to 9.4x for a closer look. Once the image is zoomed in, you can pan around
different areas of the image.
Movie Playback: You can playback a movie clip on the camera's LCD
monitor. The camera offers basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Scan
and Scan Forward (2x-4x-8x). You can also mute or adjust the volume level of the playback audio.
Edit: The Samsung WB350F digital camera offers various editing features
so you can manipulate your pictures right from the camera once they have been
- Resize: You can change the
resolution (size) of a pictures taken to a smaller size.
- Image Rotation: You can rotate and image 360-degrees in 90-degree
- Crop Portraits: You can extract and save close-up
portraits automatically from landscape shot.
- Smart Filter: It is possible to add
various effects to your recorded images, such as Miniature, Vignetting, Ink
Painting, Oil Painting, Cartoon, Cross Filter, Sketch, Soft Focus, Fish-eye,
Classic, Retro, and Zooming shot.
- Image Adjust: You can adjust the following elements of
a recorded image:
- ACB (Auto Contrast Balance): You can automatically adjust the brightness of the dark area
of a recorded image, caused by under exposure to the light source.
- Red-Eye Fix: The red-eye effect can be removed from a
- Face Retouch: You can make the skin in a recorded image appear
more clear and beautiful.
Protecting Images: This is used to protect specific shots from being
Micro USB: The Samsung WB350F features a Micro USB
connection which allows you to connect the camera to your computer or your TV.
Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect the camera to your computer to
transfer photos and videos. To connect to your TV, you'll need an optional A/V
cable. The video output can be set to NTSC or PAL.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: The Samsung
supplied with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (SLB-10A) which provides up to
310 still image shots, 155 minutes of photo shooting, or 120 minutes of movie recording. The supplied AC adapter
and USB cable
charges the Lithium-Ion battery in approximately 240 minutes. Charging via your
computer's USB takes longer.
Auto Power Off: This function switches the camera off after a set
amount of time (of no operation) in order to prevent unnecessary battery
drainage. The camera can be set to turn off after 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes of no
Built-in Software: The Samsung
WB350F comes with i-Launcher software built into the camera. You can install i-Launcher
on your computer by connecting the camera via the supplied USB cable. i-Launcher
contains Multimedia Viewer and provides a link to download the PC Auto Backup
program. i-Launcher is compatible with the following Operating Systems: Windows
XP (SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS X version 10.5 or
higher (except PowerPC).
Removable Disk: The camera can be connected as a removable
disk with computers running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and
Mac OS X version 10.5 and higher.