Play, Print, and Edit Features
3" LCD Monitor: The Samsung WB150F digital camera features a
3" color TFT LCD monitor with 460,000 dots. The monitor's brightness can be set
to Normal, Dark, Bright, or Auto.
Dual Media: The Samsung WB150F digital camera can record still images
and video onto its built-in 18 MB flash memory or on SD cards (up to 2 GB)
SDHC cards (up to 32 GB), or SDXC cards (up to 64 GB).
Larger card sizes are not guaranteed by Samsung.
Built-in Wi-Fi: The WB150F has built-in Wi-Fi, which lets
you instantly share your photos wirelessly from your home network or a public
Wi-Fi hotspot. You can also send photos or videos to your smartphone. For more
details, see the section on Built-in Wi-Fi below.
Image Recording Format: The digital camera records still
images in JPEG format. High Definition movies are recorded at 30 fps or 15
fps in MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) format with AAC audio.
Image Sensor: The Samsung WB150F digital camera is equipped with a
1/2.3" CCD image sensor with a total pixel count of approximately 16.4 megapixels
and an effective pixel count of approximately 14.2 megapixels for
high quality still images and video.
Image Sizes: The camera can record JPEG still images in a
3:2, 4:3, 1:1, or 16:9 aspect ratio with three compression ratio settings (Super
Fine, Fine, and Normal). HD and SD movies can be recorded in MPEG-4 (H.264) up
to 20 minutes in length. The camera offers the following still image and movie
||4320 x 3240
||4320 x 2880
||4320 x 2432
||3648 x 2736
||2832 x 2832
||2592 x 1944
||1984 x 1488
||1920 x 1080
||1024 x 768
||1280 x 720
||640 x 480
||320 x 240
||320 x 240
Lens: The WB150F digital camera features a 18x optical zoom
lens with a focal length of 4.0 to 72.0 mm (35mm equivalent is 24-432mm). The
f-stop range is f/3.2 (W) - 5.8 (T).
Digital Zoom: In addition to the 18x optical zoom, the camera provides a
digital zoom for a total zoom of 90x for still picture shooting.
Focus Modes: The Samsung WB150F offers the following
focus modes and the focusing range:
- Normal: 31.5" to infinity (W), 98.4" to infinity (T)
- Macro: 1.97" to 31.5" (W), 39.37" to
- Auto Macro: 1.97" to infinity (W), 39.37" to infinity (T)
- Manual Focus: 1.97" to infinity (W), 39.37" to infinity (T)
Focusing Area: You can select your preferred auto focus
- Center AF: the rectangular area in the center of the
LCD monitor will be focused
- Multi AF: camera selects one or more of the 9 AF points
- Tracking AF: you can focus on your subject and track them as they
move within the frame.
Face Detection: With the Face Detection feature, the camera detects
faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes the brightness of
the face for beautiful portrait pictures. The Face Detection feature
detects up to 12 different faces, automatically adjusts focus and brightness,
and also senses and removes red-eye. The camera offers the following Face
- Normal: This mode detects the face position of the subject
automatically and the sets the focus and exposure.
- Smile Shot: The camera automatically takes a picture by
detecting the face of the subject although you do not press the shutter
button. If you press the Shutter button, the picture is taken in the normal
way. When taking a picture with smile shot, showing teeth or keeping the
smiley face of your subject helps detecting the smile face of the subject.
- Blink Detection: If the eyes of the subject are closed when
the shutter button is pressed, the camera takes 2 continuous shots and then
the images are saved. The camera takes only one picture if the eyes of the
subject are open when the Shutter button is pressed.
- Smart Face Recognition: The camera automatically
registers faces that you often photograph. The Smart Face Recognition
feature automatically prioritizes the focus on those faces and on favorite
Focus Lock: Use the camera's focus lock function to focus on a subject
not positioned in the center of the picture.
Drive Modes: The camera offers four drive modes to suit your
- Single: Takes on picture only.
- Continuous: Images will be taken continuously until the shutter
button is released.
- Motion Capture: This takes
5 shots per second when the shutter
button is held down. A maximum number of 30 shots can be taken and the image
sized is fixed to VGA (640 x 480).
- AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing): Takes three pictures in a series
in different exposures - standard exposure, under exposure,
and over exposure.
Self-Timer: The Samsung WB150F offers three self-timer
- 10 Sec Self-Timer: Pressing the shutter button will allows an
interval of 10 seconds before the image is taken.
- 2 Sec Self-Timer: Pressing the shutter button will allows an
interval of 2 seconds before the image is taken.
- Double Self-Timer: A picture will be taken after about 10 seconds
and 2 seconds later a second picture will be taken.
Recording Mode: The WB150F offers various recording modes to
choose from to match your shooting preference:
- Smart Auto: The camera automatically chooses the
appropriate camera settings based on a detected type of scene. It will
automatically select one of the 16 scene modes which best suits the environment you are shooting
- Program: Select this mode to manual configure all functions
of the camera, except the aperture value and shutter speed.
- Aperture Priority: The camera selects a shutter speed
based on the aperture value you have set manually.
- Shutter Priority: The camera selects an aperture value
based on the shutter speed you have set manually.
- Manual: Adjust various camera settings including
shutter speed and aperture value.
- Movie Mode: While shooting a movie, you can customize
- Scene Modes: The WB150F's various scenes modes automatically
configures the camera's optimal settings for a variety of shooting
- Beauty Shot: Capture a portrait with options to
hide facial imperfections
- Night: Capture scenes at night or in low
lighting (tripod recommended)
- Landscape: to take pictures of distant scenery
- Sunset: for taking pictures of sunsets
- Dawn: daybreak scenes
- Backlight: portrait without shadows caused by backlight
- Beach & Snow: for ocean, lake, beach, and
- Text: use this mode to shoot a document
- Live Panorama Mode: You can capture a wide panoramic scene in a
Exposure Compensation: This camera automatically adjusts the exposure
according the ambient light conditions. You can also select the exposure value
from +2.0EV to -2.0EV in steps of 1/3EV.
Metering Mode: If you cannot obtain suitable exposure conditions, you
can change the camera's metering method to take brighter pictures. You can choose
from 3 modes:
- Multi: Exposure will be calculated based on an average of the
available light in the image area. This is suitable for general use.
- Spot: Only the rectangular area in the center of the LCD monitor
will be metered for light. This is suitable when the subject in the center
is exposed correctly, regardless of the back lighting.
- Center Weighted: Exposure will be calculated based on an average
of the available light in the image area. However, the calculation will be
biased towards the center of the image area. This is suitable for taking a
picture of small objects like a flower or insects.
Built-in Flash: The Samsung digital camera features a built-in
with a variable range based on the auto focus mode. The flash has a range of
11.81" to 11.48' (W) and 19.69" to 6.23' (T). You can choose from the
following flash modes:
- Auto Flash: If the subject or background is dark, the camera
flash will operate automatically.
- Fill In Flash: The flash fires regardless of the available light.
The intensity of the flash will be automatically controlled to suit the
- Slow Sync: The flash operates with a slow shutter speed to
obtain a balanced correct exposure.
- Red-Eye Reduction: The flash fires when the
subject or background is dark. When a shot with "red-eye" is detected, this
mode will reduce the red-eyed effect automatically.
- Red-Eye Fix: The flash fires when the subject or
background is dark, and the camera corrects red eyes through its advanced
- Flash Off: The flash does not fire.
White Balance: The white balance control allows you to adjust the
colors to appear more natural. The camera has seven white balance modes.
- Auto WB: The camera automatically selects the appropriate white
balance settings, depending on the prevailing lighting conditions.
- Daylight: For taking images outside.
- Cloudy: For taking images under a cloudy and overcast sky.
- Fluorescent H: For shooting under daylight fluorescent type of
three-way fluorescent lighting.
- Fluorescent L: Shooting under white fluorescent lighting.
- Tungsten: For shooting under tungsten (standard light bulb)
- Color Temp: Allows you to adjust the color temp between
3000 K and 10000 K.
- Custom Set: Allows you to set the white balance according to the
ISO Sensitivity: You can select the ISO
sensitivity when taking pictures. The speed or specific light-sensitivity of a
camera is rated by ISO numbers. A higher ISO setting allows for faster
shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need
for a flash. The camera features the following ISO settings - Auto, 80, 100,
200, 400, 800, 1600, and 3200.
Instant Sharing: When you are connected to a WLAN, you can
instantly upload photos and videos to social networks like Facebook, or email
them directly from the camera.
Auto Backup: The Auto Backup feature allows you to
wirelessly transfer and store your photos and videos on your PC with the touch
of a button. The supplied Intelli-studio software (Windows OS only) must be
installed on your PC in order to take advantage of this feature.
Smartphone Options: The camera can connect to some
smartphones that support the MobileLink feature via a wireless network and send
photos or videos. You can also use your smartphone as a remote shutter release.
Note: MobileLink and the Remote Viewfinder features are
supported by Galaxy S smartphones with the Android 2.2 OS or higher, and by
the 7" and 10.1" Galaxy Tab. These features may be supported by other
devices with Android 2.2 or higher, but Samsung makes no guarantee of its
SkyDrive: You can upload your photos to the SkyDrive cloud
TV Link: TV Link is a technology for sharing media files
between a camera and a TV connected to the same AP device. You can view your
photos or videos on a TV Link-enabled HDTV.
Play, Print, and Edit Features
Quick View: If you enable the Quick View function before capturing an
image, you can view the image you just captured on the camera's LCD monitor.
Smart Album: Recorded content can be categorized by date,
face list, file type, or all, and you can filter playback to these categories.
Thumbnail Playback: You can view multiple pictures (12 or 24) on the
LCD monitor at once.
Slide Show: Images can be displayed continuously, at intervals
of 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds,
with various slide-show effects
on the camera's LCD monitor. The camera offer pre-recorded background music to
play along with your still image slide show.
Image Zoom: A single image can be zoomed in for a closer look. Once the image is zoomed in, you can pan around
different areas of the image.
Movie Playback: You can playback a movie clip on the camera's LCD
monitor. The camera offers basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Scan
and Scan Forward. You can also adjust the volume level of the playback audio.
Edit: The Samsung WB150F digital camera offers various editing features
so you can manipulate your pictures right from the camera once they have been
- Resize: You can change the
resolution (size) of a pictures taken to a smaller size.
- Crop Portraits: You can extract and save close-up
portraits automatically from landscape shot.
- Image Rotation: You can rotate and image 360-degrees in 90-degree
- Smart Filter: It is possible to add
various effects to your recorded images, such as Miniature, Vignetting, Ink
Painting, Oil Painting, Cartoon, Cross Filter, Sketch, Soft Focus, Fish-eye,
Old Film, Half-Tone Dot, Classic, Retro, and Zooming shot.
- Image Adjust: You can adjust the following elements of
a recorded image:
- ACB (Auto Contrast Balance): You can automatically adjust the brightness of the dark area
of a recorded image, caused by under exposure to the light source.
- Red-Eye Fix: The red-eye effect can be removed from a
- Face Retouch: You can make the skin in a recorded image appear
more clear and beautiful.
Protecting Images: This is used to protect specific shots from being
PictBridge (1.0) Printing Capability: Using the supplied USB
cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer.
PictBridge is a new standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant
camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of
A/V-USB: The Samsung WB150F features a single proprietary
connection which allows you to connect the camera to your computer or your TV.
Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect the camera to your computer to
transfer photos and videos. To connect to your TV, you'll need an optional A/V
cable. The video output can be set to NTSC or PAL.
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: The Samsung WB150F comes
supplied with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (SLB-10A) which provides up to
270 still image shots or 110 minutes of movie recording. The supplied AC adapter
and USB cable
charges the Lithium-Ion battery in approximately 240 minutes. Charging via your
computer's USB takes longer.
Auto Power Off: This function switches the camera off after a set
amount of time (of no operation) in order to prevent unnecessary battery
drainage. The camera can be set to turn off after 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes of no
Supplied Software: The Samsung WB150F comes with Intelli-Studio
and PC Auto Backup software, as well as the full User Manual, on CD-ROM. Intelli-Studio is compatible only with Windows
XP (SP2), Windows Vista, and Windows 7. It does not
work with Macintosh computers. With Intelli-Studio, you can transfer files to
your computer, edit them, and upload them to the web.
Macintosh: When you connect the camera to a Macintosh
computer via USB, the computer will automatically recognize the device. You can
transfer files directly from the camera to the computer without installing any
programs. The camera supports Mac OS X 10.4 or later.